Birthday Party Part 3

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFLIyaBQ3M

----

In a little while, everyone became full, and there was more talk than eating.

Zico and Kyung exchanged glances. Furtively, they got up and headed to the kitchen.

Jungah glanced at Kris, “How was the food?” “It was fine.” He answered.

“Yeah, good thing there wasn’t chicken feet, right?” Jungah remarked.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “Really? You’ll pull that card on me?”

She smirked. Chuckling, he shook his head.

Suddenly, all the lights went out. “What the-“ Jungah looked up.

A bright light shone from the kitchen. She squinted her eyes to see what it was.

All of a sudden, the room filled with the song ‘Happy Birthday’. *Oh my God…* Her eyes widened at the large heart-shaped chocolate cake heading towards her. Nineteen white candles decorated the cake.

Zico sang the loudest as he walked her way with the birthday cake. Kris saw Jungah’s stunned expression and shining eyes. He softly smiled and lightly clapped along.

“Happy Birthday to you~ WOO!” Block B cheered.

P.O. blew loudly on the party blower. Silly strings fell all over her.

“Make a wish, and blow out all the candles!” Kyung hollered.

Jungah pulled the silly strings off her hair. She looked up at the eight faces surrounding her. She became elated with joy. *This is perfect. I’m spending my birthday with the people who I care about the most.*

“Hurry up, will you?” Jaehyo impatiently asked.

“Take your time, Jungah. You still have to make your wish.” Zico whispered.

Jungah took a deep breath. She stared into his eyes. However, at the last second, her eyes automatically shifted towards Kris. Heart fluttering, she faced the cake and blew the candles out.

The lights turned back on, and Zico set the cake on the table. “Here, cut the cake.” He held out the plastic knife.

“Oh !” U-Kwon ducked behind the couch, “Jungah has a knife! Back away, people!”

Everyone laughed. Jungah shook her head with a smile, “I’ll let it pass just this once.” She had a hard time cutting the cake nicely with her left hand.

“Damn. So messy.” Jaehyo shook his head.

“Well then I’ll gladly break your right hand for you so that you can try slicing the cake with your left hand! Let’s see how perfect you can cut it then!” Jungah snapped.

Zico chuckled, “Chill, Jungah.” She snorted impatiently while trying to cut the cake into equal pieces.

An arm wrapped around from her hand and a cold hand slipped over her left hand. She glanced over her shoulder to see Kris’s face just inches away. His eyes were focused on the cake. She could feel the heat of his skin next to her face. “I’ll help you.” Kris guided her hand to cut the cake into neat, equal pieces.

Jaehyo and Kyung glanced at each other. Both of them eyed Zico, wondering if he would react. Yet, he did nothing but spread out the paper plates.

Jungah felt her cheeks grow warm at Kris’s closeness. For once, she wasn’t considering what Zico would think about this moment. Instead, she was more preoccupied with her heart’s reaction. Her heart rate sped up triple its rate. Her pulse pounded in her ears, and she swallowed hard.

“There.” Kris pulled away.

Relief flooded through her along with a different, unexpected emotion. *Disappointment?* Jungah shook her head. She started to put the cake pieces on the plate with the help of Taeil and P.O.

P.O. was about to take a bite of his cake, but Zico slapped his head. “Ow!” P.O. choked.

Zico shot him a look, “Birthday girl first!”

Jungah handed a piece of cake to Kris and took one for herself. She took a bite of her cake. It melted sweetly in .

“Now can I eat my cake?” P.O. asked. “Yes.” Zico answered, and everyone laughed.

“It’s time for presents!” Taeil clapped.

“Oh, . I forgot to get one!” U-Kwon slapped his forehead. He opened one eye and peeked at Jungah, who remained impassive. “I said…I FORGOT TO GET YOU A PRESENT!” U-Kwon spoke rather loudly. “What do you want me to do about it?” Jungah shrugged.

*Damn. It doesn’t work.* U-Kwon snapped his fingers.

B-Bomb snickered, “You are SO going to get your kicked when she gets her cast off.”

“Mine first!” P.O. held out his box. Jungah blinked at him. He shook the gift in her face, “Open it, Jungah. It’s from P.O. oppa.” She paused, put her fork down, and took the box.

“You didn’t have to get me anything. None of you did.” Jungah sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter