For Your Happiness, I'll Sacrafice Mine

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6Oo-rAckI&feature=related

----

All weekend, Kris tried to contact Jungah. However, her phone was off, and she wouldn’t answer. He texted her several times. She wouldn’t reply to them either. *Did she go somewhere? Is she mad at me?* He wanted to check up on her, but he was in Jeju, and wouldn’t be home until late Sunday evening.

Even though it was bothering him insanely, he decided to patiently wait until Monday to see Jungah.

“Here you go, sir. Please sign here.” The employee pointed. Kris did as told.

She handed him the receipt, “There you go, sir. You are officially checked out of Ramada Jeju. Have a good day.” He accepted the receipt, grabbed his suitcase, and exited the hotel.

At the same time, Jungah came out of the Ramada Jeju café and walked across the lobby to the elevators. The elevator doors opened, and she entered. The elevator zipped up towards the 9thfloor.

Jungah came out and headed towards her hotel room that she shared with Zico. Because Jungah had come at the last minute, there had been no spare room fro her. U-Kwon and Jaehyo didn’t like sharing beds, and Kyung pushed Zico and Jungah to become roommates for the week. Therefore, she had no choice but to room with Zico.

Jungah pushed the key into the slot, and the door pinged open. *Did he already leave for the meeting?* Cautiously, she entered the room and looked around. Jungah stopped in her tracks when she saw Zico sitting by the window in the big, comfy armchair.

He was sitting with his long legs stretched across the legrest. His earphones were stuck in his ears, and he was gazing out at the ocean with a melancholy she would never understand. He seemed to be distracted that he didn’t even notice she had come back in the room.

Jungah studied his face. *I wonder what is on his mind lately. He seems happy and normal on the outside, but there’s something off about him.* Jungah tossed her key on her queen bed and walked towards him. A shadow fell over Zico, and that finally got his attention. He looked up to see her gazing down at him. Zico softly smiled at her and pulled one of his earphones out of his ear, “You’re back? How was brunch with U-Kwon, Park Kyung, and B-Bomb hyung?”

“Out of control.” Jungah sat on the edge of his bed with a shrug, “You know how those three are. They don’t know what embarrassment is.”

Zico chuckled. He turned his ipod off and wrapped his earphones around it.

Jungah examined his face. “What were you up to?”

“Just thinking.” Zico vaguely replied.

*About what?* Before she could ask that, there was a knock on their door. Jungah and Zico looked up. Kyung entered the room. He spotted Jungah and grinned, “So this is where you ran off to. Going to tattletale on U-Kwon to the almighty Zico?” Jungah glowered at him.

Zico stood up, “Are you all ready to go?” Kyung shifted his attention to Zico and nodded, “They’re all waiting at the restaurant.” “Araso.” Zico grabbed his wallet and inserted it into his back pocket. He took his phone and card also.

“Later, Jungah.” Kyung left. Jungah followed Zico to the door. “When will you be back?”

He replied, “Not until late tonight. Eat dinner first, okay? You can go to the lobby or order room service. Don’t come out.” *Rooming with you is risky enough. I don’t want anyone from the other side to catch you with me.*

“Oh. Okay.” Her shoulders slumped at the thoguth of eating dinner alone.

Zico opened the door and stopped. He glanced back and noticed the disappointment on her face. “Jungah.”

She looked up.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can. I promise.” Zico swore while looking into her eyes.

Jungah nodded, “Araso.” He gave her a small smile and motioned to her injured arm, “Rest, and take care of that well.” Zico left. With a bored sigh, Jungah sat on her bed and looked around. *Now what do I do alone?* She reached for her phone with her good arm and turned it back on.

There were a total of eight calls, six text messages, and two voice mails from Kris.

Her heart deflated. She wanted to call him. Badly. However, she didn’t know what to tell him. “I broke my arm trying to protect your from being whipped, so you won’t see me at school for a week. Bye-bye.” Although she was cold-hearted, she wasn’t cruel. Jungah tossed her phone on the bed and lay down on her back with her eyes closed. *I should be happy to be here on this beautiful island with Zico. So what is this feeling of trepidation and regret?*

----

Long after dinner, Zico returned.

Jungah turned the TV off and clambered off the bed. “You’re back. How was, er, business?”

Zico chuckled as he took his watch off, “You never asked me that, but, it went well. Thank you.” He glanced around, “Did you order room service?”

“I ate in the café. I needed some fresh air. I was cooped inside practically the entire day.” Jungah didn’t mean to sound bitter, but Zico felt accountable for her misfortune. “Want to go out?”

She gave him a curious look, “I thought I wasn’t supposed to be seen with you.” “I think the dealers left already. Besides, it’s night. I don’t think they would catch us. And even if they did, I could think of a plan. I always do.” He grinned with a reassuring wink.

“Yeah, okay.” Jungah rolled her eyes. “Come on. Let’s go out. I need a break, too.” Zico headed to the door.

Jungah grabbed her hotel key and followed him. Together they went to the dazzling beach.

The night beach was hauntingly beautiful. The soothing sound of the calm waves comforted both their hearts. No one was out there. It was just the two of them. Zico stretched and deeply breathed in the fresh sea air as much as he could. He gazed out beyond the dark, mysterious horizon and slightly tilted his head in thought. *How great would it be if we could just live here? No one would know us. No one would know of our past.* He turned his head and softly gazed at the girl beside him. *

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter