Bet

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFnXQgAyr34

----

Monday morning, Jungah stepped into her classroom and halted in surprise.

Kris was already sitting there.

He looked up and gave her a soft, knowing smile. She raised an eyebrow while her lips threatened to quirk up again.

Jungah cleared and gingerly walked over. “You’re early.” She walked around him and sat at her desk.

“The earlier I come, the more I can see you, right?” Kris asked.

Jungah raised an eyebrow, “Aren’t you a sweet talker?”

*I never knew I was either.* He thought. She looked away while shaking her head. He could see that her lips were curving slightly upwards, and his own lips did the same. They were getting closer and closer.

In PE class, it was time for the annual tests. First, everyone went in line for the jumping test. They had to jump over a tall, pyramid-like block.

Most students failed. Others didn’t even attempt to try.

The coach shook his head and marked them down.

Jungah and Kris shuffled forwards. “I can just walk over that thing.” She heard him say.

Jungah rolled her eyes, “Yeah, you must be real proud to be Godzilla.”

Kris smirked, “You’d have to jump pretty high to get over that block. Are you confident?”

Jungah spun her head and stared at him. His face was just above hers. Before she could come up with a comeback, the coach barked her name. “It’s your turn!”

“Watch me.” Jungah snorted. She faced forward. Jungah lightly jogged towards the block. Then she broke into a run, smacked her hands on top of the block, and lunged upwards. She landed on the other side of the block with grace. “Pass.” The coach approved. Jungah turned around and met eyes with Kris who stared at her. She gave him a small smirk. *Saw that?*

Kris’s eyes twinkled. “Wu Fan, you’re up.” The coach called.

Kris stepped back then sprinted towards the block. In one effortless jump, he was over.

“Pass!” The coach nodded.

Kris smirked, “Easy.” Jungah rolled her eyes and walked towards the bleacher. Kris was right behind her.

After everyone finished this portion of the exam, they had to partner up for the remaining three exams.

“Wu Fan! Can you be my partner?” A female with long, orange hair blinked her fake eyelashes at him.

“Sorry, I have her.” Kris nodded at Jungah, who furrowed her eyebrows.

*Why her?!* The girl snorted and walked away.

Jungah crossed her arms, “Why are you assuming that I will be your partner?” “Who else do you have but me?” Kris asked. Jungah looked around, but everyone else was already partnered up.

“Exactly.” He smirked. “Wipe that smirk off your face before you meet my fist during your sit-ups.” She walked away.

Kris shook his head with a chuckle. *She never changes.*

After sit-ups, it was time for pull-ups. For the males, they had to pull themselves over the bar and that counted as one. However, for the females, they just had to pull themselves over the bar once and stay hanging there for as long as they could. Jungah counted as Kris easily lifted himself up and over the bar several times. She raised an eyebrow. *He has good endurance.*

“Switch!” The coach called after he recorded everyone’s scores. Kris let go of the bar, dusted his hands, and walked to the other side. He crossed his arms and arched an eyebrow, “Now I’ll watch you.”

Jungah rolled her eyes. She looked up and reached up for the bar. It grazed the tips of her fingers. “Need a boost?” Kris snickered. “Why don’t you shut your mouth and remind yourself how to count?” Jungah sneered. She jumped up and grabbed the bar. Then she pulled herself up and her chin rested above the bar.

There were shrieks from all around the field as girls failed to cling onto the bar and landed flat on their bottoms.

“Damn it. How does Han Jungah always do this? She’s always the last one to come down!” The girls muttered as they walked away.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “You’re the last one on the bar?”

Jungah just gave him a smirk. She didn’t want to waste her energy on words. She glanced to the side and saw one other girl hanging on there. Her na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter