Selfish Zico

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18pnJV7kzVw

----

Jungah startled awake. She sat up with a small gasp.

The room was entirely dark except for a small lamp by the TV.

*Where the hell am I?!* Then she remembered.

Kris’s house. *STILL?!* Jungah was about to get up but stopped. She spotted a tall, lean figure hunched over the coffee table. She squinted her eyes and realized it was Kris. He had fallen asleep with his arms over the keyboard of the laptop. Her expression grew tender. *Was he working on the project all this time?*

Quietly, Jungah approached his side. She shifted the laptop towards her and saw the nearly finished project. There were only a couple paragraphs left. Immediately, a wave of guilt overwhelmed her. *This was a partner project, and he did all the work. I just found a few websites. I feel bad.* Her gaze shifted to his sleeping figure. Her heart thumped softly. *He looks different when he sleeps. He isn’t sarcastic, annoying, or evil. He’s just…*

Perfect.

Jungah looked away. She grabbed the blanket and began to put it around his shoulders. At that moment, his eyes shot open. Startled, Jungah froze. They both stared into each other’s eyes. *.* Jungah thought.

Kris’s eyes shifted back to the blanket that was surrounding him. She quickly released it and stood up with an embarrassed clear of . Kris blinked up at her, “What were you doing?”

“Er…” Jungah’s eyes nervously shifted side to side.

“Were you…worried I would catch a cold?” She could hear his smirk in the dark.

“No! I was trying to suffocate you to death!” Jungah hissed.

“Wow. Kill me, and steal the project. After I was so hospitable to you.” Kris smirked and stood up, towering well over him.

Jungah glowered at him. Kris broke the staring contest and glanced at the clock. His eyebrow cocked up in amusement. “Aren’t you late?”

“Late for what?” She spun around and stared at the clock. Her jaw fell open, and her eyes bugged out in shock. *Don’t tell me that’s the real time!*

“I thought you had to leave by 5. It’s 6 now.” Kris stated.

“!” Jungah cursed as she picked up her purse. “You should have woken me up!”

“I didn’t know that was my responsibility as well.” He crossed his arms.

Jungah raced to the door and put her shoes on. “Don’t finish the project. I’ll finish it on Monday morning so just bring the damn laptop to school.” Without a proper farewell, she was gone.

*Yeah, goodbye to you to. Now I’m really curious how I could have fallen in love with such a spiteful girl as you.* Shaking his head, Kris went to take a shower.

--------

Jungah ran as if her life depended on it- no, as if Zico’s life depended on it. Although her lungs burned and her legs felt numb, she kept on running. *Please wait for me, Zico. I’ll be there as soon as possible. Please don’t have given up on me already.* She glanced at her phone but didn’t see any messages. She called him, but he wouldn’t answer either. That sent her into a wild frenzy. *He probably left. He probably gave up on me. He probably went to join his friends.*

Jungah hopped into the bus and prayed to God that Zico would still be waiting for her at his place.

 --------

Jungah burst into Zico’s apartment. “ZICO!” She shouted, but there was no answer.

The house was dark also. Her heart sped up in panic. *No, no. He can’t have left. Not without a message. Damn you, Kris! No, it’s not his fault. It’s mine. I shouldn’t have fallen asleep in the beginning! Shoot!* Her shoulders slumped in misery.

Jungah looked up and saw that Zico’s bedroom door was slightly ajar. With a waver of hope, she darted inside, “Zico!” Jungah halted. Her eyes rounded.

Lying down on his stomach on the bed was none other than Zico himself. His eyes were shut, and his breaths came out evenly.

Jungah exhaled in relief. *He was sleeping. No wonder he didn’t answer the door or his phone.*

Jungah placed her bag on the floor. Carefully, she walked towards Zico’s sleeping figure. The sheer sight of him made her heart skip a beat. Jungah sank onto the edge of the bed and watched him sleep. There was nothing but peacefulness on his face. She could see that he was really exhausted though. *Poor Zico. He works so hard for the both of us. He hardly rests, and when he does, he usually spends his time with me. I wish there was something more I could do for him…*

Jungah reached out and her fingers brushed against his soft, brown hair. She placed the back of her fingers against his cheek, and his warmness spread through her and melted her icy heart. *No one could ever make me feel this way but you, Woo Jiho.*

At that moment, Zico’s eyes slowly opened. Jungah froze.

He glanced at her hand on his cheek. Quickly, she pulled away and shot out of the bed. Her cheeks flamed red in mortification. *Crap. Why did he have to wake up right now?*

Zico pushed himself off the bed and sat up.

Jungah stiffened. Her heart thumped nervously in her chest. *What will he say? Will he know that I love him now? What if he asks me what I was doing? What do I answer?*

Zico gazed at Jungah for a brief moment then chuckled. She gave him a baffled look, “W-why are you laughing?” “Babo Jungah. You were about to play a trick on me! You were going to tickle me!” He laughed.

Jungah exhaled in relief. *So he doesn’t know….* She immediately pasted a scowl on her face, “I wasn’t going to tickle you. I was going to slap you!”

“Ouch!” Zico pouted, “So mean!”

“Whatever.” Jungah muttered. She glanced at his stretching figure then softened, “Why didn’t you call me? Or leave to see your friends? It’s almost 7, and you waited for me.”

Zico’s expression grew somber. “I’ll always wait for you, Jungah.” Her heart accelerated. *He’ll always…wait for me?* “Besides,” He looked away with a smile, “I knew you would come. You wouldn’t ditch me without telling me. I’m that much precious to you!” Zico placed his palms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter