Why You?

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LfDFWDHQII

----

Saturday came.

Promptly at noon, Jungah received a call. She looked at the time and raised an eyebrow. *What do you know? The bean pole actually came right on time.* Jungah pressed SEND and put the phone to her ear.

“I came right on the dot like you wanted me to. Come down if you’re ready.” Kris said.

Jungah hung up without a reply. She grabbed her bag, checked to make sure the stove wasn’t on, and went downstairs.

Kris was leaning against his sportscar, looking like a supermodel. He pushed himself off when he saw her. “I actually arrived at 11:50, but since you wanted me to come on the dot, I waited ten minutes.” Kris swung open the door.

Jungah raised an eyebrow with a dry expression, “Am I supposed to be impressed? Should I give you a round of applause?”

“It would be nice.” He shrugged. “No.” She went into the car.

*She’s not in a good mood today. But then, when is she ever in a good mood?* Smirking, Kris shut the car door and walked around to the other side. “Seatbelt.” Kris said. Jungah clipped it on and crossed her arms. She looked at her watch, “Let’s hurry up. I need to leave your house by 5 p.m.”

“Fine with me.” Kris sped off into the highway.

It was quiet and slightly awkward in the car. Finally, he a random radio station on. Jungah glanced at her phone. There was no message from Zico. Yet. She tapped her fingers against her purse in anxiousness. She had never been to anyone else’s house before. On top of that, she was desperately hoping Zico wouldn’t cancel their dinner plans for the second week.

Finally, Kris stopped the car. “We’re here.”

Jungah unclasped her seatbelt and got out of the car. She looked up and halted. Her eyes bulged out. *He’s living in a freaking palace!* In front of her was a tall, gigantic, and pristine silver condo building.

Kris locked his car and nodded, “What are you doing? Let’s go.”

*To your palace? What the hell is this ?* Still stunned, Jungah followed him to the entrance.

Kris keyed in a code, and the glass doors slid open. Jungah looked around in bafflement then followed him to the elevators. Kris pressed the number eleven, and the doors slid close. Jungah looked around, still beyond bewildered. *Are we really going to his house, or is he just messing with me?*

The doors slid open, and Kris stepped out. Uncertainly, Jungah followed him. Kris stopped in front of a black apartment door with the number 1107 engraved on it. His long fingers quickly pressed in several numbers. Instantly, the door clicked open. Kris pushed open the door. Jungah remained outside. She was unsure of what to do. “Where are we?” Jungah suspiciously asked.

Kris blinked at her, “Didn’t I tell you? My house.”

Her eyes widened, “T-this is YOUR house?!”

He nodded and opened the door wider. “Come in.”

After some hesitation, Jungah entered the spacey condo. Her eyes widened at the luxurious interior design. Everything was red, white, or black.

Jungah couldn’t stop staring. *Who the freak lives in such a house AND goes to BS High?!*

Kris slipped his jacket off and hung it on the coat rack.

Jungah spun around and faced him. “Do you live alone?” He nodded.

“So…all this is yours?” She waved her arms around. Kris nodded again.

Jungah gawped at him, “How did you afford such a wealthy home?”

*I bought it with the dirty cash that I receive after selling illegal drugs to mafias, drug dealers, local muscles, and innocent high school kids.* “How else? My parents.” Kris smoothly replied.

“Your parents?” Jungah asked, dumbfounded.

Kris shrugged, “How else would I afford this when I’m only in high school? Do you want something to drink?” He went into the kitchen.

Jungah glanced around then followed him into the sparkling kitchen. Kris opened his fridge. Jungah caught a glimpse of what was inside and raised an eyebrow, “Beer? Wine? Really?”

“Parents.” Kris handed her a can of soda.

Jungah accepted it without a ‘thank you’. She opened the soda can and took a sip. “What do your parents do anyways? They must be filthy rich to get you such a house.”

“Business. Something to do with design. I don’t know the details much.” Kris fabricated.

“Figures.” Jungah glanced around again and took another sip of the cold drink.

“Did you bring a laptop?” Kris asked. “Was I supposed to?” Jungah asked.

Kris arched an eyebrow, “Did you bring anything?” “I brought myself. Isn’t that enough?” Jungah shot back.

Kris tilted his chin upwards with an amused smirk, “Did you want to do the project or not?”

“Good question. No, I didn’t. But someone threatened me, so I had no choice.” Jungah crossed her arms.

“I never forced you to come. You could flunk for all I care.” Kris shrugged.

Jungah scowled, “Can we just start?”

“Can’t wait to leave?” Kris asked. “I hope I made it obvious enough.” Jungah hopped off the high stool and walked into the living room. Kris grabbed his soda and followed her.

“Where are we doing the project?” She asked. “I only have three choices. Kitchen, living room, or my bedroom. Where will it be?” He asked with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

Jungah narrowed her eyes, “Keep your tainted thoughts to yourself.” “I didn’t say anything.” Kris innocently shrugged.

“But you were thinking it. Keep it discreet, will you?” Jungah sat on the black couch, “We can do it here.”

“Whatever you want, your majesty.” Kris rolled his eyes as he went to get his laptop. Jungah almost chucked the cushions at him but tried to control her temper as much as possible. Her phone beeped, and for a moment, she was distracted. ‘My gang is going out to eat tonight.’ – Zico. Her shoulders deflated. *Bailing again?!* Another message came instantly. ‘But I won’t be joining them, so it’ll be just you and me tonight Jungie Jungie~ : )’ Her heart immediately elated. *Dinner with Zico only?! Heck yes!* She began to text back with her nimble fingers.

Kris went into his room. *What kind of a student doesn’t bring any materials for the project? She’s the high school student, not me.* He sighed and shook his head. Three laptops were sittin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter