Detention

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0A-V0l2G-s

-----

The four of them were separated into two different rooms.

Jungah and Kris entered their empty homeroom.

The supervisor nodded at the desks, “Sit on either sides of the room. Do whatever you like but no phones or talking allowed. Two hours began now.” He sat on the desk, took out his own book, and began to read.

Jungah and Kris glanced at each other then separated. Jungah sat at her usual desk, and Kris sat on the opposite side of the room. Jungah took out her ipod and stuck the earphones in her ears. She rested her arms on the desk and buried her face in them. Kris curiously glanced at her before taking out his contract for the drug business.

The hour seemed to drag by. Suddenly, the supervisor got up, “I have to go somewhere, but the two of you will finish your detention. At the end of the hour, I will tell someone to release both of you. Mind you, if any one of you is gone before detention is over, you will suffer the consequences. Especially you, Jungah. You were one strike away from suspension, but your homeroom teacher saved you this once. This time, you will be suspended.” He shot her a look then left the room.

It was still for a minute. Then Kris grabbed his backpack and walked over to Jungah. He plunked down in his usual seat and glanced at her. She ignored him as much as possible while she looked through her ipod for a song to listen to.

“Do you always listen to your ipod? Won’t you become deaf?” Kris asked.

Jungah paused. Slowly, she shifted her gaze towards him. *That’s the same thing Zico told me.*

“Jungah! Stop listening to that thing! I should never have bought it for you! Aigoo! Now when you’re a grandmother, you’ll become deaf, and I won’t be able to annoy you anymore!”

*But he’s not Zico. Not anywhere near Zico.* Jungah looked away with a casual shrug. “My ears, not yours.”

Kris glanced around the room and asked, “Do you get detention a lot?” “Often.” Jungah admitted.

“Where did you learn to fight like that?” Kris asked curiously.

*Zico.* “Where did you learn to fight like that?” Jungah questioned back.

“I wasn’t really fighting.” He stated. “Yeah, but I could tell you can.” She said.

Kris merely shrugged. Jungah propped her elbow on the desk and rested her chin on her fist. She eyed him with inquisitiveness and suspicion. “You know, the more I think about you, the more mysterious I realize you are.”

“You think about me that often? I’m flattered.” Kris sarcastically remarked.

Jungah narrowed her eyes, “And the more I think about you, the less I think of you.” She turned the volume up on her ipod. Kris softened. He realized he had been a jerk. Usually, he wouldn’t care what others thought of him, but with her, he it was different. He wanted her to have a good impression of him. Kris reached out and lowered the volume on her ipod. Jungah yanked her earphones off, “Don’t touch-“

“Fighting was my basic instinct of survival.” Kris replied. He didn’t know why he had suddenly revealed that to her, but he didn’t regret it. Jungah’s expression softened for a few seconds before she scrutinized him, “What’s with the flamboyant car then? Is that your basic instinct of survival, too?”

Kris smirked, “No. I just like fast cars.”

“And what is more amazing is that you can afford it. Are you sure you belong in this degraded school?” She snorted.

*Nope. But somehow…I feel more at ease here now.* Kris thought with a bemused smile her way.

Surprisingly, the second hour went much faster. The secretary came to bail them out.

Kris and Jungah grabbed their belongings and left the school. She saw him walking beside her and scoffed, “What? Did Prince Charming forget his carriage today?”

Kris halted and turned to her with a smirk, “You think of me so highly. First, you keep thinking of me. Second, you don’t think I belong in such a ty school. And now you call me Prince Charming. I’m starting to think you’re attracted to me.”

“I think your head is way up in the clouds. Don’t let the layer of oxygen you’re breathing due to your height muddle your brain.” Jungah snapped.

“And now you think I’m tall. Thanks.” Kris smirked widely.

“Look in the mirror, bean pole. No one thinks you’re tall, because you are tall. Any person with a decent pair of eyes would know that. ing genius here.” Jungah rolled her eyes and walked away.

Kris found himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter