LostLand

LostLand

If glaring could murder someone, Kris would be long since dead. He knew of his mistake and he knew he was in trouble again. He had promised the maknae that he'd never let the latter get lost again. But Kris seemed to forget that promise as soon as Chanyeol came back along. It was always Chanyeol dragging him away.

"Wu Fan." Their manager's tone was an indication of anger, Tao only wished he could release. "As leader it was your responsibility to watch all the members. But Tao got left again." The only bad thing was that when one member got scolded, everyone got scolded. In this case Tao wasn't included in the lecture.

"But I-" Kris was cut off by their manager putting his hands up. "Your one and only responsibility was to make sure your members came out of Disney untouched. I had to go back for him because you forgot to check on him, again." Their manager, even through all the yelling, wasn't as angry as Tao was at the moment.

SeHun could even swear he felt the anger radiating off his elder. SuHo seemed to be trying to sink into the couch and disappear, only to be pulled back by Kai leaning on him. "It's a big day tomorrow for everyone. What would have happened if ZiTao had gotten injured and was unable to perform?" Kris wouldn't make eye contact with anyone.

"Just because we weren't in Korea or China doesn't mean you can go around without a care. Your lucky those fangirls didn't try anything with Tao." Their manager stood up to leave. "I'm disappointed in you all." and with that the front door soon slammed and the suite fell silent. Even Tao was too scared to speak for various reasons.

He didn't want to lash out at the members who don't deserve it. Only select members, Chanyeol and Kris, needed to be repramended. "T-tao?" Luhan was the only one who dared to speak outloud. "Are you okay?" He asked and it took a moment for Tao to realize he had started tearing up. He looked up to see half the group awaiting the answer.

Instead he stood up and shuffled out of the living room, down the hall and into the bathroom. Everyone else in the area jumped when the door slammed shut, the wood getting the brute force of the anger. Tao angrily stripped and turned the water on to wash away the sweat he had acquired during the day at the amusement park.

When he was done he sat on the toilet and finally let it all out, or most of it at this point. But he wasn't aware that people were listening to him crying out in the hallway. Kris, Kai, Baekhyun and Lay were leaned against the wall of the dark hallway. It wasn't loud enough crying to alert anyone not purposely eavesdropping. It wasn't easy for Wu Fan to just sit here.

He hadn't intentionally let this happen and he in no way would purposely cause problems for everyone else. "How long until he stops crying? He sounds so pathetic." Lay got up and left into the darkness. Kris hoped he stopped soon.

=====(After they get back)======

The Exo-M dorm was the quietest it's managed to be in months. Lu Han had gone out with Xiumin to eat and shop a little. Lay and Chen went anywhere but home to avoid the awkward tension. Tao had long since locked himself in the room he shared with their manager gege. It's been days since he last made an appearance other than going to the restroom.

The others had even got so desperate to speak to him that they attempted calling him. But naturaly Tao ignored all their efforts. Kris had royaly ed this one up and he knew it all too well. He had broken a promise that ZiTao seemed to depend heavily on while they were in the States. It was so painful.

It was painful to grab his hand at the concert, simply for fanservice. Even though on Kris' part he didn't really mind the skinship. Tao's smile looked forced but no one, except an observant leader, seemed to noticed it. On the otherhand Chanyeol seemed to be enjoying the time with Kris. That made him feel even worse. 

"Tao?" Wu Fan puts his ahnds on the door but retracts them at the lack of response. "We need to talk, ZiTao." Maybe the use of his real name would draw a reply, but none came. He knew he was the last person the maknae wanted to see nonetheless talk to. All Kris wanted was acknowledgement that Tao was alright. Maybe something happened to him.

"Would you at least let me apologize?" Kris let his hand bang against the door and slide down to the handle. Wu Fan was never the type to beg for anything in his life, no matter what it was. He heavily debated doing so now so this situation can quickly be resolved. "Please...." The front door slammed open and the others came into view. 

"Kris we bought you a coffee." LuHan said and ried to push the cup at the leader, who just brushed it aside. "Thanks but no thank you. We have practice tomorrow so get some sleep." He offered even though he knew neither him nor Tao would be sleeping well tonight. He disappeared into hsi own room before they questioned him.

===============

This was the first time Kris could get a proper look at the maknae. Wu Fan was already half asleep in the van before everyone woke up so he didn't see Tao get on the van. And Tao more or less ran into the practice building to avoid Kris, he knew this. This is the first time anyone has seen the kid look so dishelved.

His black hair was sticking to his forehead and standing up in odd places. His eyes looked even smaller and narrower behind all the redness and swelling. The tip of the yougner's nose was red from all the tissue wiping and sniffling he'd been doing the past couple days. The manager looked peeved but not at Tao. At Wu Fan because everyone was aware he was at fault for this.

Tao knew he looked bad but it was the last thing on his mind. He had to focus on staying relaxed during the day and avoiding the source of the problem. "Tao can we talk?" He flinched away from the hand that squeezed his shoulder. "ZiTao talk to him. This issue needs to be resolved and quickly." Tao never thought their manager would be taking Kris's side.

He didn't protest when the older dragged him out into the hallway. He wasn't about to just give in and start talking to Kris just because they were alone now. "Did you sleep last night?" Wu Fan asked and leaned against the wall by the practice room door. It made Tao angrier that the first thing out of his mouth wasn't an apology. Tao felt like the subject of sleep was completely irrelevant.

"No." Tao kept his voice low partly to conceal their conversation and partly to hide the hoarseness. "I didn't see you eat this morning. Did you get breakfast?" This only added to the hurt building between them, hanging over Tao like a dark cloud. "No." It was simpler to keep responses short because it wouldn't lead Kris onto the tears threatening to fall.

"Are you okay? I mean those girls didn't hurt you did they?" Kris sank down to the floor, completely avoiding any and all eye contact. "They didn't even touch me." Tao chose to stay standing by the door in case he needed to escape for some reason. "How's practice? Have you talked to manager-ge? He's worried about you." The rambling continued.

"Chen blames me and I see why. I mean I was kind of careless and stupid. But I was exhausted, tired and didn't feel well. I wasn't thinking." The younger of the two just let the latter continue because trying to stop him would take too much effort. "I never think, that's the real problem here isn't it?" Tao couldn't tell if it was suppose to be rhethorical or if he actually expected an answer.

"I suppose your pretty pissed at me. It's alright to get angry with me, instead of being emotionless." Kris finally looked at Tao long enough to make both of them awkwardly uncomfortable. "Hit me if you want to. Wushu me even." Kris was challenging him and Tao didn't plan on playing into it. He wasn't that naive nor was he selfish enough to perform Wushu on the leader.

"I can not hit you. And do not make a mockery of my ability." Tao spat back, folding his arms over his chest. Being mean liek this wasn't in his nature, being a relatively calm person. But the heat spreading through him irritated him. "I-I'm not mocking you." Kris pushed himself off the floor to come face-to-face with Tao. "Wushu me. I can take it."

"You certainly can not take it. I wish not to touch you." The younger watched as Kris' face fell even further. A look of desperation caught Tao's attention but he brushed it off.

"Fine." Wu fan hung his head and turned back to the empty hallway. "I give up on you. It's pointless anyways." And with that statement Kris quickly departed down the hall and disappeared around the corner. Tao didn't expect that to be the outcome. At most he expected his leader just to get upset at his lack of enthusiasm. 'I give up on you.' 

That hurt for some reason lone behold to Tao. "ZiTao?" Luhan's voice traveled from the now open practice room door. "Where's Wu Fan?" He asked and Lay appeared in the doorway next to him. "He left." Tao's attitude had turned from resentful to regretful in a matter of a short conversation. "Go get him or manager will be angry." Lay sounded irritated also.

"Stop being a stubborn ." Xiumin pulled the others back into the room, "Don't come back without him." And with that the door shut again and the sound of the lock clicked through the silence. He wouldn't even begin to know where to look for the man in question. Not that he was exactly eager to go hunt him down and apologize for being a little peeved.

"Wu Fan?" He called down the hallway the latter had turned down moments before. Only his echo came back to him as the building was completely empty. "This is stupid." Tao sighed into the thickness of the abandoned halls. "He deserves this." He mumbled as he wondered around the 2nd floor of the building. "He's an idiot." 

Tao debated the possibly of Kris having left the building. There was only one place he was sure Kris would go, if that was the case. Tao chose not to take the elvator because Kris liked to hide in the stairwell. He called it his alone space or quiet place or something Tao wasn't interested in knowing at the time. But he wasn't there either. Tao started running.

Kris had made it back to the dorms, not like it was a long walk. It stung that Tao was so angry with him for something he apologized for already. He didn't know what he was suppose to do to make Tao feel better. Maybe giving the latter some space would do the trick, but Kris knew it'd be impossible to do that. Kris didn't want to avoid Tao anymore.

Tao had made it to their dorm and slammed the front door open so hard it hit the wall. He saw a figure on the couch jump at the noise. Tao took the moment to breath, something he seemed to forget to do while he ran here. Sweat stuck to every crevice of his body, some running into his eyes. "Wu Fan!" He yelled out, but the figure still didn't turn around.

Tao slammed the door shut once again and locked it just out of habit. He stormed in front of the couch and in front of the figure in question. "Look at me Wu Fan." Tao requested but the latter didn't. "Wu Fan. Look at me!" The younger growled and forced Kris to look up, by grabbing his shoulders. "Why should I?" Tao noted the tears running over the leader's face.

"Why are you crying?" Tao let him go and sat next to him, his legs starting to cramp from thr sprint here. Kris just shrugged off the question and hid his face in his palms. "You shouldn't be crying. I didn't leave you. I'm not the one who ran off and left my friend in a crowd of people, in a foreign country." The little hints of anger were making themselves known again.

"I already said sorry for all of that. You really are a hardass!" The distraught leader stood and Tao was forced to stand as to not look so small. "What do you want me to do? Get on bended knee and beg for forgiveness. I'm not stooping that lower!" No one had ever seen the leader get remotely this angry. Tao had to inwardly admit it scared him.

"Wu Fa- I.. forgive you." there was another long awkward kind of silence. Kris was still crying but Tao didn't push it by pointing that out. Tao had looked towards the door when he thought he heard it unlocking. He nearly fell over when Kris embraced him out of the blue. "Uh, can you let me go?" The smaller tried to wriggle away.

"Please just stay still." Wu Fan whispered against Tao's shoulder, and he stopped struggling. "Z-ZiTao." The older sighed in what Tao perceived as some sort of relief. "Wu Fan if you ever do that again, i will be forced to Wushu you." Tao threatened and they both knew he was being serious. When it came to Wushu Tao was always serious. Kris knew this.

"I was gonna buy you something." Tao admitted and when Kris pulled away, he looke confused. "The stuff I was looking at when you left me," Tao paused to let the anger recede. "I was going to buy you something. As a thank you because of the airport incident. But I didn't have time, because we were too busy catching up with you."

Kris didn't know any of this or how to take it all in. "All day I was looking for something that's please you. Something to celebrate making it to SMTown." Tao took Kris' hands off of him and put them down at the latter's sides. "Y-you were buying me something. Me..." It was a statement not a question. It amused Tao that Kris seemed amused by the fact.

"Exactly." Tao sat on the couch and Kris joined him. "Man I'm a jerk. Next time we're somewhere like that, let me buy you something." He'd never admit it but Tao would really like that. "Your an idiot." Tao elbowed him in the side and the leader reciprocated the movement. "Ahh~ They made up." They were too distracted to notice the door had opened.

Or the fact that the other four members were looming over the scene. "That was beautiful. Truly a wonderful sight." Chen clapped and immediately headed for his room. Lay shortly followed, accompanied by Luhan and Xiumin. 

"Let's go eat or something, I'm starving." Kris suggested. "That'd be nice." Tao's stomach grumbled on cue and they laughed. Everyone glad that it had blown over, quicker than actually predicted it would.


**A/N: I like writing for them. I wanted to keep ir relatively innocent, so I did.

Thank you for everyone who subscribed. I want to thank future commentors and reader.

Please DO NOT attempt to steal my story, I worked hard on it. Don't be a deuchebag.