Welcoming 2013

Scarlet Necklace

 

Yejin somehow managed to get away with just a nasty pinch on the cheek. Prom was weeks ago, but Baekhyun was still seething, or at least pretending he was. Timid and does-whatever-you-tell-her-to Yejin was a Yejin Baekhyun would like to keep.

From Yejin:
Staying angry until the New Year isn’t good for you.

To Yejin:
I’m coming over at 9 tonight. We’re going somewhere.

From Yejin:
Okay where are we going then?

To Yejin:
Talk less, work more.

From Yejin:
Fine. Sheesh.

Baekhyun tossed his phone on the couch and smiled to myself. Today was New Year’s Eve. He didn’t get a chance to spend Christmas with Yejin because she spent it with her family. She invited him, but Baekhyun didn’t want to intrude. It wasn’t often she got to spend time with her parents and eldest brother. Chanyeol and the others also had their own families to celebrate with and also invited him, but again, he declined. Baekhyun was used to spending Christmas alone, watching dramas and sipping hot chocolate. Honestly, that didn’t bother him as much. Why go out into the cold when you could spend Christmas at home all warm and cozy? Baekhyun sat down with another cup of hot chocolate and the tv. He still had five hours to kill before meeting Yejin, and he was about to spend the time watching Rooftop Prince. Productive, I know. Baekhyun was about to sit down, carefully watching his cup so it didn’t spill. He phone suddenly rang, f(x)’s Electric Shock did give one hell of a shock.

“Aw crap!” Baekhyun groaned at the brown patch of chocolate on his white hoodie. Not just /any hoodie, but the one Yejin had bought for them as a couplegift. “I’m so dead, I’m so dead.”

“Hello?!” Baekhyun snapped at the phone.

“A- Are you still mad?” Yejin asked.

He faltered a little. “You’re going to be even angrier when you hear what I’m about to tell you.”

“Oh goody. What did you screw up now?” Yejin groaned.

“I, um, kinda spilled hot chocolate on the hoodie you bought us,” Baekhyun mumbled. There was a dramatic pause on the other line. Baekhyun jumped and brought the phone away from his ear while Yejin yelled at him.

“—much that costs?! I’m going to kill you later tonight!” She screeched.

“I’m sorry!”

“Sorry doesn’t cut it, mister!” With that, she hung up, leaving Baekhyun with a ringing ear, hot chocolate on the floor and a stained hoodie. After he cleaned everything up, he resumed Rooftop Prince like nothing happened. Around 8, he took a hot shower and changed to meet Yejin at her place. As he turned the corner to her house, Baekhyun could feel the temperature drop another 10 degrees Celsius. He adjusted his beanie and put his glove covered hands in his pocket. As he approached her house, Yejin was already standing at the front door. She was all wrapped up like a dumpling. Her beige scarf covered half her face and her black beanie covered her forehead, leaving her looking like a fat terrorist. Okay, maybe not til that extent, but you get the point, she’s as warm as she can get on a cold winter night. Even with most of her face covered, Baekhyun could see her scowling. He sensed the cold air around her from ten meters away, and it wasn’t the freezing weather.

“Hi,” he smiled sheepishly and stopped in front of her.

“Where are we going?” Yejin raised an eyebrow, but Baekhyun couldn’t tell. Her seemingly calm tone scared Baekhyun more than when she raised her voice.

“We’ll catch a bus there. Come on,” Baekhyun stretched his hand out but Yejin ignored it and walked beside him with a 10cm gap in between. After a few minutes of walking, Yejin’s sigh broke the silence.

“You didn’t scald yourself, right?” Baekhyun was taken aback, but he smiled nonetheless.

“I didn’t,” his hand made its way over to hers, and she didn’t protest.

“Idiot. How did it happen?” Yejin pushed her drooping beanie up.

“I was just about to sit down with my hot chocolate, then you called and my ringtone made me jump so…” Baekhyun flashed an embarrassed grin.

“You’re ridiculous,” Yejin rolled her eyes.

“I know, I’m ridiculous. So you’re not angry, right?” He asked, using a little bit of aegyo.

Yejin gave him a look. “I’m not if you’re not.”

“Oh please. I was just pretending ‘cause you’re cute when you’re trying not to make me even angrier,” Baekhyun caught himself a little too late. He glanced at her warily and swallowed hard. “Um…”

Yejin laughed. “Idiot. I actually thought you were angry. But then I know you don’t usually get mad over stuff like cellphones.”

“I actually want a new phone though,” Baekhyun said thoughtfully. “Are you gonna get me one?”

“For your birthday, maybe,” Yejin smiled. “And for mine you have to replace that hoodie you ruined, okay?”

“Deal,” he grinned and hooked pinkies with her.

“So where are we going?” Yejin asked while she pushed her beanie up again.

“Is it too big? Do you want to try mine instead?”

“And yours would be any smaller?”

Baekhyun chuckled while he slipped his beanie off. “Shut up. Here.”

“Bad hair day?” Yejin questioned.

“Don’t ask,” he shook his head and removed hers. “I’m surprised you don’t have a bird living in that nest of yours.”

“Gosh, that’s what the beanie’s for,” Yejin grumbled and put on Baekhyun’s. “This one feels better.”

“Then you can wear that,” he slipped on Yejin’s beanie and took her hand again.

“You still haven’t told me where we’re going,” Yejin reminded him.

“Oh. Remember that day when we took those wedding photos? You said you wanted to go to Seoul Tower and watch fireworks,” Baekhyun told her. Yejin had a blank look on her face and he sighed. “You don’t remember?”

“No?” Yejin wrinkled her nose. “Whatever. That sounds fun to me.”

“Great then,” Baekhyun shrugged. They took a bus to the nearest subway station and then switched to a train and got off at the exit just walking distance away from the tower. The journey took quite a whole, by the time they got there, it was already 10. The place was still decorated with Christmas lights, the snow covered ground made it seem like Christmas was just yesterday. To warm up, they found a seat in a café packed with families and couples also here to welcome the new year.

“If you spill your chocolate again I’m just going to walk away and act like I don’t know you,” Yejin teased.

“Don’t curse me,” Baekhyun clucked his tongue and went to get their drinks. They ended up sharing a slice of oreo cheesecake and just sat there until it was nearly 12. At about 11:40, they left and took a lift up to the fences where the Locks of Love were. They bought a lock and borrowed a permanent marker from the shop.

“What are you writing?” Yejin tried to peek.

“Don’t look, you can read it later,” Baekhyun frowned and shunned away from her. Yejin sighed and started writing on her lock as well. After they were done, they started looking a for a good place to hang their locks.

“There looks good,” Yejin pointed to a small gap between locks at the top of the fence.

“In case you didn’t realize, none of us are tall enough to reach,” Baekhyun gave her a look.

“Good point,” she mumbled. In the end, they settled for an overcrowded corner of the fence and clicked their locks in place.

“Okay, I’m gonna read yours,” Baekhyun said and lifted the lock. “Dear Baek, I’m looking forward to 2013 spent with you. Can’t wait for our anniversary on the 22nd May, you better buy me a car then! A car? Really now?”

“I’m serious. I want a car so we can stop taking public buses everywhere we go,” Yejin said. “Now I’ll read yours. Jin-ah, I’m sorry about the hot chocolate. I liked the hoodie, honest. I ruined the only(?) gift from you. But it’s okay, right? There’ll be many other chances for you to buy me a new one, yes? I love you, smiley face, love me back!”

“Aww, I’m so cute,” Baekhyun cooed.

“Aww, shut up,” she snapped. “Only people like you would call themselves cute without feeling an ounce of shame.”

“Can’t help that I’m so perfect,” Baekhyun snorted. “We’ll get rid of the key at the end of the countdown, okay? It’ll be cooler that way.”

“Anything you say. We should get a good spot, our heights are a bit inconvenient,” Yejin said. It was five minutes to midnight when the place suddenly got much more crowded than before. Baekhyun put an arm around her to make sure she didn’t get washed away by the crowd.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Happy new year!” The crowd cheered. At that moment, the fireworks went off, adding life and colour to the cold night sky. Baekhyun and Yejin turned around and threw their keys down until it vanished from sight. There was a sign that said throwing of keys down the tower was forbidden and they could be fined, but honestly, it’s the new year. Nobody noticed and even if they did, they didn’t care.

“Yejin, I haven’t showered in a year!” Baekhyun said gleefully.

“And I haven’t eaten in a year,” Yejin responded with just as much joy.

“I also haven’t kissed you in a year,” Baekhyun grinned and captured her lips. He could taste a hint of her strawberry lipgloss that kept her lips from chapping.

“I haven’t told you I love you in a year,” she whispered and kissed the corner of his lips.

“I’m sure 2013 would be great with you, Yejin.”

~*~ 


Ba-bum. Cheers to a half-assed and abrupt ending! Hahaha. I didn’t want to drag this on any longer and I think you readers are getting a little bored at the point of time so I ended it. Well, not like I had anything else planned, so…

Oh! But before I go, there’s a few fun facts about Baekjin and the story in general that I’d like to share with you!

1. When I their first date where they went for a bungee jump, I wasn’t actually all that into Exo-K, much less Baekhyun. I was more of a Xiumin and Exo-m stan. (If it wasn’t for Kris, I would’ve became Xiumin’s wife or something)

2. I honestly had no idea that Baekhyun’s fingers were so long and feminine when i wrote their ‘ideal type’ scene in the bus. I was just describing my own personal preference. So you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when i actually found out Baekhyun had long fingers too. I think we’re meant to be, sorry Yejin. /bricked.

3. Like Yejin, I’m honestly deathly afraid of balls (basketballs and whatnot), ghosts, haunted houses and anything Yejin mentioned she was afraid of. Yes, even the contact lenses. Lol. When Yejin described the time she cried during a night walk at camp, that actually happened to me. I sobbed like a baby when it happened (whoops).

4. When Yejin had detention with JR, I actually wanted to make him kiss her and confess afterwards, but nah.

5. If JR kissed Yejin, I wanted to make Baekhyun see everything and then, like, punch JR or something. But because I omitted the kiss scene, this didn’t happen.

6. If the kiss scene happened and a fight ensued, I planned on making Yejin accidentally get hit in the face by JR but that part was cancelled too. Ha.

7. Instead of Jung Hana using Baekhyun to avoid an arranged marriage, I wanted her to use Baekhyun to drive away her stalker boyfriend but I decided not to as well.

8. When they broke up, I actually planned on making Baekhyun sneak into Yejin’s front yard and serenade to her or something. But now that I think of, I’m glad I didn’t do that, because it’s so unbelievably stupid I still cringe. Omg.

9. The chapter in with Yejin’s glasses and the wedding pictures were last minute lol.

10. During Hyosung’s shoot for her online mall, the picture she wanted to get to post on her fashion blog was intended to make Baekjin and uljjang couple. I was obsessed with uljjang shidae at that time so… I wanted to add that in, but I forgot. Boohoo.

11. I intended on getting Baekhyun to take Yejin to his parent’s grave. But I gave that up as well.

Mm, I think that’s all. Anyways, it’s been a pleasure writing this! Scarlet Necklace actually wasn’t my first Exo plot that came to mind, but I decided to post this instead. Um, I may write another K fic before moving on to M. Then maybe after that I’ll write some B.A.P or something. But that would probably not happen until this time next year.

Whoops, kinda went off topic there. Anyways, I think I’ve more or less decided which Exo plot I’ve come up with to post. It’ll be K fic starring I-won’t-tell-you-who-but-it’s-not--or-baekhyun. Nyahaha. I think I’ll post it sometime during this December holiday and quickly finish that up so I can study (who am I kidding, study and I don’t go into the same sentence). Yup, I guess this is the end. Goodbye!

 

tumblr_maw7nfYQj91qg1bxbo4_250.gif

 

Update : 11/11/12

Hey guys! New EXO K fic is up!

Mannequin