The Eclipse Ring

Scarlet Necklace

 

After eating street food from Hongdae like she wanted to, Baekhyun brought her to the next location, Bau House Café. It was a café for dog lovers. You can sip your coffee with a cute little puppy sitting on your lap. Baekhyun knew how much she adored dogs but couldn’t get one because Heechul didn’t like dogs. They approached the entrance to the café with Baekhyun extremely excited but only to be greeted with disappointment.

“Closed until 4pm,” Yejin dryly read off the paper stuck on the glass door.

“Ugh,” Baekhyun scowled and peered inside. It was dark save for the light from the windows and the dogs were nowhere in sight.

“What should we do for the rest of the hour?” They began walking away.

“Walk around I guess,” Baekhyun shrugged.

“I feel like riding a bike,” she said.

“Shall we go?” Yejin hesitated but eventually gave in to Baekhyun’s prompting. They arrived at a park just walking distance away and headed to the bicycle renting shop.

“That’s so cool,” Baekhyun pointed. “It’s like a golf cart.. Thingy. Just that it’s two bicycles instead of wheels. Let’s rent that.”

“I’ll pay for the rent,” Yejin offered. “You’ve been paying for everything today.”

“You volunteered,” Baekhyun smiled and shrugged. They soon rented the ‘golf cart bicycle thingy’ and got on. Baekhyun sat on the right while Yejin sat on the left.

“Oh my gosh there are steering wheels to turn this thing,” Yejin happily turned it left and right. “It’s like driving a car.”

“No fair, yours is the real wheel, all I got was the fake kiddy one. And the ring ring bell,” Baekhyun whined and pouted.

“I’m the man now!” Yejin cackled. “Work, you little piece of meat!”

They began to move off from the shop and the cold breeze hit them stronger than before.

“Button it up,” Baekhyun told her while buttoning up his own jacket.

“Can’t. Too busy being a responsible driver,” Yejin answered, keeping her eyes on the ‘road’.

“It is a bicycle, not a car. You’re not going to kill anybody with a bicycle,” Baekhyun stated flatly.

“Well it feels like in driving a car! Can’t you just be happy for me?!” Yejin grumbled.

“Would you like me to do it for you?” He raised an eyebrow.

“If you can keep your excitement in,” Yejin smirked slightly.

“Very funny,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and leaned over to button her jacket up. Yejin got distracted by his fingers brushing against her collarbone and sent them crashing into the bushes just as he finished buttoning hjacket.

“You’re a horrible driver! Get out, I’m driving this thing,” Baekhyun snapped.

“It’s not my fault! The bush appeared out of nowhere,” Yejin replied indignantly, clinging into the steering wheel. Baekhyun clucked his tongue and got off the seat to pull the whole thing out of the grass and back onto the pavement since there was no way it could be reversed.

“I hereby confiscate your non-existent driving license!” Baekhyun bellowed. “Move in, I’m driving.”

“Fine, let’s see how well you handle it when a bush jumps into your way all of a sudden,” Yejin grumbled and scooted over to the right for Baekhyun to access the steering wheel.

“Bushes don’t move, sweetheart,” Baekhyun smoothly maneuvered the vehicle down the pavement. He parked them in front of a huge pond while they spent the time in comfortable silence.

“What time is it?” Yejin asked while resting her head on his shoulder. Some time had passed since they stopped in front of the pond.

“Summer time,” Baekhyun replied, making reference to the movie High School Musical.

“Ugh,” Yejin straightened herself. “Let’s go return this thing and walk back to the café. It should be open again by the time we reach there.”

“Yes ma’am,” Baekhyun gripped the steering wheel and brought them back to return the vehicle.

~~

“Oppa, that one looks like you,” Yejin pointed to the bulldog sleeping by the corner.

“I have nothing to say to that,” Baekhyun sent her a glare.

“Some are so big, don’t they bully the smaller ones?” Yejin soothingly the fur of the golden retriever that was resting its head on he thigh.

“It's probably the smaller ones that do all the bullying. You're smaller than me, you bully me. I'm bigger than you and I don't," Baekhyun beckoned over a schnauzer but only made it walk away from him.

“Even dogs hate you. I wonder what’s keeping me stuck to you,” she scoffed while a toy poodle climbed onto her lap and closed its eyes.

“Dogs love you, does that make me a dog?” Baekhyun replied, still trying to get the schnauzer to come over.

“Yes, a bulldog,” Yejin laughed softly to herself and gently patted the poodle to sleep. “They’re all so cute. I really want to keep one. Hyosung promised she'd buy me a Maltese puppy during your shoot."

“Too bad your brother hates dogs,” Baekhyun smiled happily when the schnauzer finally took pity on him and climbed onto his lap. Even when the skies began to darken, Yejin was still reluctant to leave. She was seriously considering working here during winter break. Baekhyun literally had to drag her out of the café so he could take her to the next location, the Han River.

“Did we just travel all around Seoul today,” Yejin tiredly plopped herself onto the bench and massaged her legs.

“Not until that extent,” Baekhyun chuckled. “Shall I go buy mini fireworks?”

“Go, I’ll wait here,” Yejin nodded. The sun had set by the time they got here, it was a lot colder than before. She brought her knees to her chest and hugged her legs to warm up a little if that even worked. Baekhyun came back with a plastic bag. He lit up the stick which sparkled brightly in the considerably dark surroundings.

“My spark is prettier than yours,” Yejin happily waved her sparkle in circles.

“Whatever,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and started tracing out words in the air. “Did you catch that?”

“Yeah. Baekhyun babo,” she teased and wrote something. “Saw it?”

“Yup. Yejin babo,” Baekhyun chuckled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “How was today?”

“Passable,” she laughed softly and snuggled closer to him.

“I did all that and it's 'passable'?" He frowned childishly.

"Just kidding. Today was fun, we should do this more often, just without the sharks,” Yejin smiled, feeling a little bit warmer already.

“Since you’re already so happy, I suppose you can pass the birthday present, right?” Baekhyun smiled and gazed at the lights of Seoul.

“Nice try. I want it,” she stuck her palm out.

“Say ‘please oppa’.”

“Please oppa,” Yejin did as told.

“Bbuing bbuing too.”

“Bbuing bbuing,” she flashed her eye smile.

“Aigoo,” Baekhyun chuckled and kissed her on the lips before he reached into his pocket. “Close your eyes.”

“I’m trusting you not to scare me,” Yejin warned and shut her eyes. Baekhyun opened the small box and slipped a ring over her finger.

Yejin opened her eyes at the feeling of the cool metal against her skin. “It’s pretty.”

“Don’t lose it, or I’ll bite you,” he threatened playfully.

"I bet you bought it from some toy store," Yejin said as she studied the ring.

“No I didn’t! This was expensive,” Baekhyun replied indignantly. “Do you like it?”

“Why am I the moon,” Yejin pouted and studied the ring.

“Because the sun one is for the guys,” he rolled his eyes. “Look, the rings connect like this.”

Baekhyun removed her ring and his own before the rings clicked into place, forming an eclipse.

“That’s so cool,” her eyes widened.

"The ecplise only happens once in a while, it means that couples like us only come about once in a while too," Baekhyun explained proudly.

“Give it back, I wanna wear it.”

“Sheesh,” Baekhyun scowled and handed her ring back.

“Actually, I have something for you too. For us,” Yejin said after putting her ring back on.

“What? Surprise me.”

“Remember that time we went to the mall after Minji’s shoot?” Yejin placed her backpack onto her lap.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun nodded.

“And you wanted that really ugly hoodies?”

“They weren’t ugly!” Baekhyun protested.

“If that makes you happy," Yejin rolled her eyes and pulled the hoodies out. “Well I bought them. So you can wear it at during winter or wear it out, if you don’t feel embarrassed, that is.”

“How come I didn’t know?” His jaw dropped slightly as he took the hoodie from her.

“I made you go buy ice cream,” Yejin smiled. “It’ll keep you warm when I’m not around.”

“Aww, I’m touched,” Baekhyun wiped a fake tear away and sniffed.

“Idiot,” she slapped his shoulder and zipped up her bag.

“Don’t you have one?”

“I do, I just left it at home,” she answered. “Don’t you dare dirty it, I’ll kill you.”

“I won’t,” Baekhyun smiled fondly at the hoodie before keeping it in his bag.

“Now we’re equal. Thank you kiss please,” she chuckled and tapped her cheek.

“Aish, since you were such a nice girlfriend today,” he planted a wet kiss on her cheek, making her squirm in disgust.

“Yuck, all your cooties,” Yejin scowled and wiped his saliva off.

“What happened to the mature and sweet Yejin just ten seconds ago,” Baekhyun muttered and stood up.

“My inner child can’t help it,” she shrugged and clung onto his arm. “Are we going home now?”

“Do you want to go anywhere else?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, hiding his joy at the fact that she initiated the skinship.

Yejin shook her head. “I’m tired.”

“Then home it is.”

 

 

Why, hello there. For those of you who were wondering what the rings look like, here it is

tumblr_m4czfwWRNu1qhxppzo1_500.jpg
source: tumblr http://indoctrinatethemasses.tumblr.com/

My final exams are over, which means I'm a free bird until my results come back. Then I'm a dead bird. Oh no. But there's this plot bunny that's been stuck in my head during my papers, and if I fail, I'm going to blame that plot bunny. Ha. I don't know if I'm ever going to post that plot bunny, I have others that have pre-written chapters so...