Trust Me

Scarlet Necklace

 

Yejin ran as fast as she could, constantly looking left and right for that familiar man. She began to panic when she couldn't find him staggering down the streets at all, nasty thoughts of what could possibly be happening to him flooded her mind. Yejin decided to look into the alleys instead, there was a high chance he was getting beat up in there. She turned into the first one where the back doors of restaurants, clubs and cafés led to. She spotted a figure squatted beside the trash can and hesitantly approached it. 

"You came to the right place," a sleazy voice came from behind.

"How much, beautiful?" A different man appeared in front of her.

"I'm priceless," Yejin scoffed and bent down to make sure it wasn't Baekhyun before she got the heck out of this dirty place.

"Aww come on, you're pretty and I'm willing to pay a little more," these two men weren't old drunkards who probably slept under a bridge, they were probably in their mid twenties, average looking. She wondered why they were doing these things to their lives. One touched her shoulder and she immediately stood up and backed away from him. She turned and quickly left before they decided to do anything more to her. Yejin walked down the busy street, worrying even more since it was getting late.  She tried calling him hoping there'd be a chance he'd answer but he never did.

Yejin was getting extremely paranoid, he could probably be road kill by now. Right when she decided she would notify the police, she spotted a familiar back view, staggering left and right, bumping into almost everyone. Yejin ran to the traffic light, keeping her eyes glued to him as he walked even further away. In Korea, it was the stupidest thing to do was cross without looking out for cars. You had to look both ways before crossing, even if it was a one way lane. Yejin hesitated crossing since the green light was blinking, but he was getting out of sight. She barely ran out five steps when the bright headlights of the car heading towards her temporarily blinded Yejin. She felt her body turn into stone but before she could become road kill instead, Yejin was violently pulled back to the pavement.

"You idiot! Is this your first time in Korea?!" Yejin recognized his voice instantly as she smacked her face right into his broad chest. "Don't you ever scare me like that again."

"What.. How.. You're supposed to be drunk and lost!" Yejin pulled herself away from him.

"I lied," Baekhyun stated simply.

"Lying to me once wasn't enough for you," Yejin snapped and stalked off, completely ticked off and irritated.

"No, come back," Baekhyun ran and grabbed her hand tightly. "Let's talk."

"I have nothing to say to you," Yejin hissed and jerked her hand free.

Baekhyun grabbed her once more. "But do."

"Let me go, you freaking jerk face jerk," Yejin kicked and struggled but it didn't work much. People were staring by now, Yejin felt their gazes and stopped. A taxi came and Baekhyun shoved her inside. Yejin was too angry to hear where they were going, but it was probably his place. Baekhyun kept glancing at her worriedly during the ride, each time he looked at her, she seemed even more pissed than she was before. Ten minutes later, the cab pulled up outside an apartment complex. It didn't look too fancy and expensive, just an average condo.

Baekhyun paid the driver and took her hand before pulling her outside. Thinking it was probably no point struggling now, she allowed herself to be pulled towards the lobby and into the lift. Baekhyun pressed the button for level 17. Yejin silently watched the red numbders increase and stop at his floor. Yejin shunned him when he tried to take her hand again and just trailed behind him with her hands angrily stuffed into her pockets. Baekhyun keyed in the code and led her inside. Yejin wordlessly sat herself on the black leather couch.

"Why are we here? What are you trying to do?" She asked, not even looking at him.

"I figured if we went to your place, Heechul hyung would interrupt us. I wanted to talk to you somewhere quiet and private, so I brought you here," Baekhyun answered softly, sitting beside her.

"Then speak, Heechul's waiting for me to get back," Yejin stated, staring straight ahead. Who was she kidding, Heechul's out making merry.

"Can you look at me?" He pleaded. Yejin ignored him and kept her gaze fixed somewhere else. When she showed no signs of turning, he firmly but harmlessly grabbed her chin and turned her to face him. 

"Don't touch me," Yejin shot the iciest glare she could muster and broke free from him. She heard him sigh, slightly irritated, and mentally scoffed. What right does he have, if anyone should be getting irritated here, it would be her.

"Fine, then don't. What you saw in the restaurant was a misunderstanding."

"Oh yeah? Enlighten me," Yejin muttered.

"Hana and I have been friends since middle school, you could say we were almost best friends. But for some reason, we stopped talking when we entered high school. Hana comes from a wealthy background, her parents want to arrange her marriage for business perks. She begged me to act like her boyfriend so she could introduce me to her parents and they wouldn't force her to get married to someone almost ten years older than she is," Yejin didn't really the buy it. "So I agreed."

"You take me for an idiot," she stood up and made her way to the door. Baekhyun ran after her and grabbed her before she could open the door.

tumblr_m395dtPTP91qm2mf8o1_500.gif

"Trust me. I'm being honest here." 

"Once the trust is broken, it's almost impossible to get it back," Yejin brought her hands and placed them over his only to push his hands off her. She grabbed and twisted the doorknob.

"Don't go," his tears threatened to spill as he grabbed her hand desperately. "Are we just going to end like this?"

"Should've asked yourself that earlier," she said softly, the anger was gone and only grief remained.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have agreed in the first place, I should've told you about it. But don't lie to yourself, you know you can't bring yourself to hate me or leave like this," Baekhyun slowly turned her around to face him. "I'm telling the truth, Yejin, I really am. Just believe me. You know me, I would never do this to you."

"Make me believe you. You're a great actor aren't you, convince me you're not lying," Yejin stared hard at him.

"Do you want words or actions?" Baekhyun questioned, returning her gaze with equal intensity.

"They say actions speak louder than w—"

Baekhyun held her chin firmly while he pressed her firmly against the door. The same electrifying feeling from when he first kissed her returned twice as strong. She knew from just one action that he was definitely telling the truth, besides, one half of her wanted to believe he was. The kiss was strong, passionate and filled with nothing but pure love for the other party. That's right, love. Nobody is too young to love truly. Love is just love, who can dictate whether one is fit to experience it based on age?

I'm a er for your kiss and you know how to take advantage of that, don't you?

"I was wrong for making you cry," Baekhyun gently swiped his thumb over her cheeks as he pulled away. "I never meant for this to happen, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have agreed and even if I did, I should've told you. I really never did anything that would count as being unfaithful, trust me."

"You were right when you said I wouldn't be able to bring myself to hate you or leave like this," Yejin gripped the hem of his shirt tightly. 

"Does that mean I'm forgiven?" Baekhyun asked, feeling more hopeful now.

"Do I have to spell it out for you?" He quickly shook his head with a small smile. "By the way, don't you ever get Chanyeol to lie again. You don't know how scared I was."

"You're going to kill him when you see him, aren't you?" Baekhyun chuckled.

"Obviously."

 

So um, this gif practically summarizes everything.

image