We're Rich!

Scarlet Necklace

The three siblings ended up spending the night talking about almost everything. From Hyunsoo's stalker ex-girlfriend to Yejin's childhood days to the time Heechul got detention for pulling down his PE teacher's pants back in high school. It was fun talking about the good times back then, they felt closer than ever.

"Goodnight," Yejin yawned and sent her brothers out the door. It was about 4am when she finally went to sleep. She was rudely awaken by the same stupid neighbour that holds a karaoke session at 10am in the morning. Yejin grumpily shuffled into the living room, her hair still in a mess and barely awake. Before she, Hyunsoo or Heechul could go over and give them a piece of their mind, their mom stormed over and did it for them.

"Are you people crazy? Who on earth holds a karaoke session so early in morning. If you're going to wake the whole neighobourhood up with your singing, then at least sing well. If not, do us all a favour and don't sing at all! Goodness. I leave Korea for not even two years and people like you exist!" The siblings plus their dad burst into laughter. Their spunk definitely runs in the family. Hyunsoo's witty remarks and Heechul's and Yejin's advanced sarcasm was proof. Now daddy Kim just had to prove himself and it'll defintely make a good show.

"So, who wants breakfast?" Their mother came back with a bright smile.

~~

"A week passes so quickly. Can't you stay any longer?" Yejin sighed. "I'll squeeze into your suitcase and you can take me to China with you!"

"Even if we did take you to China with us, we'd have no time for you, dear," her father pinched her cheek.

"We can manage from here. Go back."

"Are you sure?" Heechul raised an eyebrow.

"Bye," Yejin pouted and hugged her parents and Hyunsoo.

"See ya, Jinnie," he smiled. Heechul went over and briefly hugged each of them goodbye. He stopped in front of Hyunsoo. "Hug your big brother~"

Heechul rolled his eyes and hugged him tight. "Hyung. I forgive you."

Hyunsoo's eyes widened. Was he hearing things now? "Thanks, Chul."

Heechul pulled away and slung an arm around Yejin. The waved goodbye and watched them enter the departure hall before turning to go back home.

"What was with Hyunsoo oppa's expression? What did you say?" Yejin asked.

"Nothing. Brother's secret," Heechul smiled and ruffled her hair.

~~

It was just another day of vacation. Baekhyun and Yejin decided to keep it simple and just go wherever their feet took them to. They were currently at Namsan park, by it's name, it was obviously located near Namsan Tower.

"When it's the New Year's, I want to go up there and watch fireworks," Yejin pointed at the 480m structure.

"Are you even tall enough to see? There are high fences there you know," Baekhyun mocked.

Yejin cast him a death glare. "I can see perfectly fine."

"Sure you can," he rolled his eyes. As the two walked deeper inside, they started noticing a huge crowd at the bridge.

"Free food?" Yejin craned her neck.

"Let's go see," Baekhyun lead them over to the commotion. There was a board with photographs of random couples in wedding clothes, his best guess was that it was a contest on who looked best and the couple would win.

"Oppa," she suddenly said. Baekhyun was slightly surprised, she didn't call him 'oppa' very often.

"What?" He blinked and followed her gaze down to his necklace that was glowing.

"What's with that?" She pointed at the necklace.

Baekhyun smiled. "Something good is about to happen."

"How would you know?" Yejin shot him a weird look.

"Come on, let's do this thing," he smirked and dragged her over to the registration counter. "I'd like to sign up."

Yejin tugged her wrist free. "Are you crazy? I'm not doing this!"

"Relax, we're about to win 900 000 won," Baekhyun reassured while filling in their particulars.

"The lady will proceed this way to pick out a dress while the man to the right," the worker gestured.

"Look pretty," Baekhyun waved and headed to the men's changing tent.

"Wha- What?" Yejin looked around in confusion. The worker at the registration counter happily pointed to the ladies' tent, Yejin had no choice but to walk towards it. Within 15 minutes, she had a beautiful wedding gown on. The helper couldn't help but coo over how stunning she looked, but Yejin was afraid to go out and receive all the stares.

"Your boyfriend is already waiting, it's time to go out," the helper said.

"No," Yejin sulked and shook her head.

"Trust me, you look beautiful," Yejin was still reluctant. It was only when the helper had to forcefully drag her out did she finally face the crowd.

A bouquet was shoved into her arms and the helper whispere, "I stole it from another girl, just for you."

Yejin's eyes darted around frantically for Baekhyun so she could hide behind him and avoid all the stares she was currently receiving. When she finally spotted him using his phone, she hurried over, trying not to trip over her dress and break her face.

"I'm going to kill you," she mumbled and hid behind him.

"But you don't look horrible at all, why are you so shy?" Baekhyun chuckled and tried to pull her out.

"I'm just going to hide here until we can finally get our pictures taken," Yejin stated and grabbed his black jacket. "Don't you dare move."

"Can't I at least take a better look at how amazing you look in a wedding gown?" Baekhyun asked.

"Later," she said softly. It was soon their turn to take a photo, the two of them were led to the middle of the bridge that had a decent backdrop. Everyone they passed by whispered in amazement, some even thought they were celebrities.

"Alright, stand closer," the photographer instructed.

"You're the model, do something," Yejin muttered.

"You do know that I'm not exactly a professional, right?" He whispered back. Baekhyun quickly laced their fingers together and faced her, such that the camera took their side profile but could still see their faces decently. Yejin instinctively held the bouquet between them with her free hand while Baekhyun had his other hand on her waist and leaned in such that his forehead was gently pressed against hers.

"Smile baby, stun them all," Baekhyun said softly.

"Alright. 1, 2, 3!" The flash signaled that their turn was over. Their picture was promptly printed and pasted onto the board with the other couple's photos so the public could stick one sticker on the picture they liked best. The one with the most, wins. Before Baekhyun and Yejin changed back into their own clothes, the picture from just now was handed to them each. 

"I like it, do you?" Baekhyun asked as they walked back to their tent.

"I look constipated," Yejin scowled.

"No you don't. You look like the perfect bride," he smiled fondly at the picture. "You should've smiled bigger."

"I was under pressure, okay," Yejin defended weakly. 

"Whatever, we're going to win this anyways," he said confidently. 

"How would you know?"

"Because the necklace told me so," Baekhyun smiled as they separated into their respective tents. Yejin was glad to finally be back in her own clothes again. They stood with the other couples while the staff counted the votes.

"And the winner of this year's contest goes to couple number six!" The host announced a little too happily.

"I told you," Baekhyun smirked as they went to collect their check.

"They won not just by 10 or 20 votes, but by nearly 50 ahead of second place, that my friends, is amazing. A round of applause!" The crowed erupted into wild applause while Yejin and Baekhyun just stood there awkwardly.

"Can we go?" Yejin asked discreetly.

"Yeah. Just casually and calmly walk away," the couple sneaked off and away from the crowd. 

"Gosh, I hate awkward social situations like that," Yejin grumbled. "But I still don't believe that necklace had anything to do with our victory."

"Trust me, if it didn't, I wouldn't have signed us up," Baekhyun said.

"What that old lady said may not even be reliable," she reasoned.

"Doesn't matter, we're rich now," he laughed. 

"Let's go eat like pigs because we can."