Nobody

Scarlet Necklace

JR whipped his head towards the direction of her voice. He spent the past 15 minutes debating with himself whether he should call her down to talk or just go back home. He wanted to clear the awkward air between them, not talking to her was just too much to handle. Well, looks like God already decided for him. 

"Hey," he smiled.

"What are you doing here?" She made her way towards him.

"You don't want me to be here?" JR softly chuckled,

"No! I mean, I don't mind you being here," Yejin blinked at him.

"I.. Um, came here to talk," he started off.

"Talk about? Do you wanna come inside?" Yejin offered.

"No, I want to talk to you here," she nodded and looked at him to continue. "I.. I don't know where to start. Or how."

"Let's sit," Yejin and him sat at the curb.

"Well, I'm sure you already found out that I like you, right..?"

Yejin swallowed hard and nodded. "Yeah."

"I'm not going to come between you and him, so you can relax," JR smiled when her expression relaxed. "I just want to keep being your friend. Keep talking to you, keep making you laugh. As a friend."

"But.. I'm afraid of hurting you even more than you already are," she cautiously glanced at him.

"I'll be okay. If I had a choice, I'd definitely want to be your lover than a friend. But I'd rather be your friend.. Than a nobody," JR softly gazed into her eyes. "So let's be friends."

Yejin looked at him unsurely.

"I'll be okay," he smiled to assure her. "So, friends?"

"You're about to get friendzoned," she mumbled hesitantly.

"If that's what it takes to keep being beside you then I'll do it," JR reassured her.

"But—"

"You don't even want to be my friend?" 

"N- Not, it's not like that. I'm just... Sorry," Yejin couldn't meet his eyes.

"Like I said, I'd rather be a friend than nothing to you," he said softly. "So just say yes."

She looked at him unsurely. "Let's be friends, Kim Jonghyun."

JR broke into a wide smile and shook her outstretched hand.

Maybe holding her hand as a her boyfriend would be better, but I'd rather hold her hand as a friend than to erase her from my life completely. I'll keep supporting you, Kim Yejin.

"You came back from somewhere?" JR asked and let go.

"Yeah, I went to the amusement park," she nodded.

"I bet you're tired. It's late, you should go rest," JR smiled and they stood up. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight. Take care on your way back," she waved and turned to go back. When she entered the house, Heechul was asleep on the couch with the tv still on and a bowl of unfinished popcorn on the coffee table. She shook her head and turned off the tv before heading upstairs. She was too tired to deal with him tonight. After a nice refreshing shower, Yejin jumped onto her bed and snuggled under the covers.

We got the power
I got the power
Geu ape gul hajima

"Hello?"

"Got home safe?" Baekhyun asked.

"No, I'm actually held under hostage by a kidnapper in an abandoned warehouse," Yejin said and her nightlight before switching off her room light.

"Ha, ha. Very funny," Baekhyun scowled.

"I'm guessing you got home safe too," Yejin smiled and hugged her big white teddy bear Hyunsoo gave her for her 16th birthday.

"No, I'm acutally cowering in fear in the corner of my kitchen because there's a serial killer right holding a knife right in front of me," he replied in the same tone she did.

"Same joke doesn't work twice, oppa," she laughed softly to herself.

"Yeah, says the one who's laughing," Baekhyun smiled to himself. "Okay, since you're home safe you should sleep."

"You too. Goodnight, oppa."

"Goodnight," Baekhyun hung up first. Yejin charged her phone and closed her eyes to sleep.

~~

It was soon the second week of the holidays. Hyunsoo and their parents were finally coming back to visit after quite a while. Yejin and Heechul were currently waiting for them at the airport.

From Baekhyun:
Free for a movie and dinner date?

To Baekhyun:
Sorry oppa, my parents and brother are coming over to visit from China. Some other time? :(

From Baekhyun:
Can I come along? Just kidding. It's okay, but the next time you have to make up for it with a kiss! Have fun with your family.

To Baekhyun:
Kiss? Keep dreaming. Hehe.

From Baekhyun:
Watch out, I'll steal a kiss sooner or later.

To Baekhyun:
As you wish~ Alright, gotta go, I see Hyunsoo oppa's distinctive brown hair within the crowd already.

"Yejin ah!" Hyunsoo shouted and came running over, completely ignoring the disapprovingly looks other gave him.

"Oppa," Yejin smiled and let herself be scooped into his arms for a bone crushing hug.

"Yeah, because I'm invisible," Heechul muttered bitterly.

"Oh, come here you," Hyunsoo chuckled and slung his arm around Heechul.

"Appa!" Yejin sqealed excitedly and ran to give her parents a hug. "You're staying for at least two weeks, right?"

"Sorry Jinnie, only one week," her mother patted her shoulder apologetically.

"Really?" Yejin's shoulder sagged in disappointment. "When are you guys next coming back?"

"Maybe in September, if we can't then December," Yejin pouted but nodded. Heechul grabbed two out of the three suitcases they had along with them while Hyunsoo lugged his own. 

"Dammit, Chul, you really need to get a license to drive a car. What good is a motorcycle anyways," Hyunsoo grumbled.

"You get a license then," Heechul snapped.

"I'm not even in Korea much," the oldest one reasoned.

"Yeah so why should I go through all that trouble to get a license when you guys hardly ever come back," Heechul rolled his eyes.

"So you want us to come back," Hyunsoo elbowed him.

"No. Shut up, don't touch me," Heechul shrugged him off.

"I'm older than you, brat," he scoffed. Yejin and her parents shook their head as they watched the two older siblings bicker like little children. The family boarded the jumbo taxi that took them back home. Heechul didn't bother hiding his unsatisfaction that he had to share a room with his childish older brother for the rest of the week. Their parents took their old bedroom while Yejin remained in her own.

"Come on, Chul, I know you're secretly happy that you get to spend time with me," Yejin could hear them from her own room.

"Hyung, you're sleeping on the floor," Heechul replied.

"Why?! I have a bad back I should take the bed!"

"It's my room!" Heechul retorted. Despite his cold attitude towards Hyunsoo, Yejin knew he was just keeping up an act. He'd long gotten over whatthe little accident three years ago, but he just didn't know how to approach him like before. Hyunsoo on the other hand, was still fretting over how to get Heechul to forgive him. But in reality, he already did forgive him.

"Will you two stop fighting already?!" Their mother finally snapped. In the evening, the five of them went out for dinner and caught up with each other. Of course, Heechul and Hyunsoo kept bickering throughout the day, and probably will for the rest of their stay. It was around 10 at night when Heechul barged into her room in his pink Tom and Jerry pjs and his pillow in hand.

"I'm sleeping here tonight," he said simply and slammed himself on her bed.

"No you're not," Yejin replied from her computer desk.

"Please."

"Can't you two just get along? Be nice to him, Hyunsoo oppa's the oldest after all," she shook her head.

"How can I get along and be nice to somebody who's so outright annoying, stupid, ignorant and irritating and did I mention annoying?"

"Hey! Sibling time without me?!" It was Hyunsoo's turn to barge into her room.

"Have you people heard of knocking?!" Yejin finally burst. Her two older brothers froze and gaped at her in shock and fright.

"What crawled up your and died," Hyunsoo muttered and joined Heechul on the bed. "What's new, sis?"

"Nothing's new," Yejin grumbled and went back to her laptop.

"Are you dating anyone?" Heechul raised an eyebrow.

".. No."

"Yep she is," the two said in unision.

"Alright, who's do I have to beat up?" Hyunsoo asked.

"Nobody's," she rolled her eyes.

"Oh! Is it that Baekhyun model guy?" He sat up excitedly.

"No. No way," Heechul's jaw fell open. Yejin remained silent and continued to surf the net.

"Tell me!" They both grabbed one arm and dragged her to the floor.

"Are you or are you not dating Byun Baekhyun?" Heechul asked seriously.

Yejin sighed in defeat. "Guilty as charged."

The room was deadly silent. She looked up and studied her brothers' stiff expression.

"Didn't know you had it in you, sis," Hyunsoo muttered. Yejin narrowed her eyes into dangerous slits.

"How long?" Heechul rasied an eyebrow.

"Three weeks? Two?" Yejin replied unsurely.

Heechul nodded. "Okay well. If you come home crying because of he cheated on you, there will be one less Byun Baekhyun in this world."

"I'll resurrect him just so I can kil him again," Hyunsoo added.

"Thanks but no thanks. Because I'll kill him myself," Yejin smiled.

"That's my little sis," her brothers smiled proudly.

 

100+ subbies guys!

image

image

Thank you all so much~ Let's hope to hit 150 or maybe even 200 soon, yes? ^^ Thanks for sticking with Yejin, Baekhyun and myself all the way to our 100 subs milestone! 

image

P.S if you all unsubscribe after this I'm seriously going to kill myself.