Dare or Dare

Scarlet Necklace

After much hard work, the table was filled with different kinds of barbecued food. Everyone crowded around the table like a bunch of hungry lions. The weather was hot yet she had to stand in front of the fire, Yejin was sweating profusely. While the others were settling down to eat she trudged back into the house. The the fan to full blast and stood in front of if to cool off.

“Mm, smells like smoke. Just the way I like it,” Baekhyun hugged her from behind.

“I’m sticky, don’t touch me,” even though she said that, Yejin was secretly enjoying the skinship.

“Chh. And you think I care,” he chuckled and tightened his arms.

“Red alert! Red alert!” Chanyeol and D.O came charging towards them. D.O grabbed Yejin’s hands and pulled her away from Baekhyun while Chanyeol lifted him the same way he did before and carried him to the backyard.

“Kyungsoo oppa!” Yejin whined. D.O just shot her an evil smirk and dragged her outside. She was about to sit in the empty space beside Baekhyun when Sehun wedged himself between them.

“Oh god, I wanna pull your hair out and smash your face onto the grill so bad,” Yejin glared at him. Sehun’s jaw dropped and he scooted closer to Baekhyun for protection. She huffed and sat at the empty space between Minji and Kai. Everyone enjoyed their slightly late dinner. Yejin glance around and took the chance to place everything spicy into the wrap and gave it to Sehun.

“Sehun ah,” she held the wrap up to his mouth.

“Oooh, for me?” Sehun happily opened his mouth and she shoved it inside.

“Yah!” Baekhyun gaped at them.

“Oh ,” Sehun slammed his fist on the table as the rest cracked up. He swallowed the wrap and chugged down the ice water.

“Sorry~” Yejin smiled. After numerous pranks between the others, they went to shower one by one. Soon, they were all gathered in the living room after their shower with the couch pushed away to make more room. They laid out their sleeping bags and the extra blankets Suho had lying around the house and lazed around.

“Mm, we should do something,” Chanyeol muttered.

“You can start by getting your head off my lap,” Baekhyun stated flatly.

“If I do that then Yejin'll do it,” he said. Yejin immediately leaned back and rested her head on Baekhyun’s right thigh.

“Andwae!” Kyungsoo yanked her away from him.

“Feels like an MT,” Hyosung said.

“Let’s play a game. Truth or dare!” Chanyeol suggested excitedly. “But you can only choose dare.”

“Then how is that Truth or dare?” Yejin raised an eyebrow.

“Fine. Dare or dare,” within five seconds they were sitting in a circle with an empty plastic bottle in the middle. Suho reached out and spun the bottle which landed on Kai.

“Play the rest of the game without your shirt,” Suho snickered.

“Oh, underaged , my favourite,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Kai sulkily removed his shirt and spun the bottle which landed on D.O.

“Kiss Suho hyung on the cheek,” Kai smiled.

“What?! Why am I the victim?!” Suho yelped and scooted away from D.O.

“Hehe, come here you.”

“I can’t watch this,” Yejin covered her eyes. Once D.O’s dare was done, he spun the bottle.

“Byun Baek~” He laughed. “Play the rest of the game with your hair in a 5:5 parting.”

“Why me?!” Baekhyun whined, really hating his dare. In the end, Chanyeol had to pin him down while Suho parted his hair with gel.

“Yejin, having second thoughts now?” Chanyeol chortled. Baekhyun scowled and ground his teeth.

“Not at all,” Yejin smiled and hugged his arm while resting her head on his shoulder. Baekhyun spun the bottle and it pointed to Yejin. A bright smile lit his face as he glanced between the bottle and his girlfriend.

“Baby I dare you to sleep next to me tonight,” Baekhyun smirked.

Yejin's jaw dropped and she gave him weird look. "But you're a bag of raging hormones."

"Precisely," his smiled grew even wider.

"No!" She yelped and jokingly backed away from him. 

"It's not for you to decide~" Baekhyun sang.

"Fine, fine. My turn to spin," Yejin rolled her eyes and spun the bottle. "Oh, Suho~"

He groaned at his bad luck. Yejin snickered and went to get the can of whipped cream. Sehun and Chanyeol held him down while she made Suho a cream beard. "Now you're Suho-ho-ho-ho!"

Everyone including Santa Suho exploded into uncontrollable laughter.

"Hyung, don't wiped it off until the game ends," Kai said between his gasps for air. The game soon got boring and they decided to watch a movie. While the others were busy looking for a good movie and finding food, Yejin plopped herself on the couch and spaced out.

“Did I mention how huggable you look in that hoodie,” Baekhyun sat beside her.

“Did I mention how cute you look with the 5:5 parting still on,” Yejin smiled.

“Oh crap,” Baekhyun ran to the bathroom to fix his hair. Thirty seconds later, he came back with his hair fixed and sat close to her.

"You always wear that necklace," Yejin lightly tapped the scarlet necklace around his neck. It shone brightly at her touch but went off the second she removed her finger. "It's on you 24/7."

"It's like a good luck charm," he smiled.

"And you actually believe that?" Yejin raised an eyebrow and studied the necklace.

"Well.. It kinda brought us together."

"Good point," she nodded.

“But Jinnie’s afraid of scary stuff,” Yejin heard Minji mention her.

“It’s cool, I can just close my eyes. But I’ll scream. Like a lot,” she smiled.

“You’re really okay with it?” Kai looked at her worriedly.

“Yep! Just keep the lights on,” she nodded. Soon, all them were stuck to each other for comfort and warmth. Yejin made sure to surround herself with the braver ones. She wrapped herself with the extra blanket and put her hood over her head. She stuck close to Baekhyun and Hyosung as if her life depended on them. Every time the scary music played, she’d shut her eyes and cover her ears while Baekhyun comfortingly wrapped his arm around her waist.

~~

“I survived,” Yejin threw the blanket off her and laid on her stomach. “But I think I’m gonna get nightmares.”

“I bet you barely even watched five minutes of the whole movie,” Hyosung shook her head. After playing cards ‘till about 3am, they finally settled in their sleeping positions. Yejin originally was between Minji and Hyosung but because of the dare sly Baekhyun gave her, Baekhyun was now between her and Chanyeol.

“Just so you know, I kick and punch people in my sleep,” Yejin warned.

“Just so you know, I whimper like a puppy before I sleep,” he smiled and secretly held her hand.

“Don’t blame me if you get a bruise or something,” she laughed softly and closed her eyes.

“Will you two shut up before I squeeze myself between you?” Chanyeol grumbled.

“Then maybe you should sleep somewhere else,” Baekhyun snapped his heads towards his tall friend.

“Not happening, buddy.”

“Goodnight,” Baekhyun turned back to her smiled gently.

“Goodnight, oppa.”