Make You Mine

Scarlet Necklace

 

"Are you.. On drugs?" Yejin raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe I am. And it's all your fault," he breathed, leaning even closer if it was possible.

"How's that my—” Her words were cut off when Baekhyun captured her lips for a desperate kiss. She felt her insides melt and her mind become fuzzy. Yejin felt her legs turn soft and Baekhyun caught her waist before they could give out and pulled her flush against his body. Almost instantly, she felt electricity shoot up her spine and her eyelids unknowingly fell shut.

“Tell me,” Baekhyun pulled away and searched her eyes. “Did you feel anything? At all?”

“I- I..” she fumbled with her words, still in a daze. Baekhyun pulled her towards him and hugged her tight. She felt safe, protected in his embrace. As if even if they were to be killed in an explosion, she wouldn’t even feel a thing.

“I want to be the one you fall for when everyone else is falling for you. You’ll have to be mine,” Baekhyun reluctantly pulled away from her and gazed into her eyes. “Give me an answer.”

Yejin felt as if she lost all ability to think and to speak. Nothing would come out of and nothing was processing in her head. But somewhere in her, she already had an answer. And that answer was

“Yes.”

So this is how it feels to have your heart broken before even having the chance to give it to the one you love.

JR clenched his fists and swallowed the lump in his throat before painfully walking away from the scene.

I guess I’ve gotten your answer. I know my place and I’ll leave you two alone. But until these feelings have dissolved, I’ll keep watching over you, I’ll keep protecting you. And if he ever hurts you, you know who to look for.

It was the last Friday of the semester before school ended. During the course of the week after the majorly cheesy confession, the couple’s friends had already found out, either because they noticed a change in the attitudes of Yejin and Baekhyun towards each other or the couple just told them themselves. Those around them wouldn’t stop teasing and poking fun at the new couple.

JR however, looked like he was coping well with the news on the outside, but on the inside, he was broken everywhere possible. Although he didn’t tell his friends how badly he was hurting, they sort of knew. JR still wasn’t clear whether he should just talk to Yejin as if nothing ever happened, or avoid her because she was now someone else’s. Either way it’d still hurt like a knife to the heart.

Yejin knew how badly she hurt him, but it was never her plan to do so. She sort of suspected that he had a little crush on her, but she was never sure nor did she know how deep his feelings were for her. She was afraid to approach him because she was afraid to hurt him even more. Maybe it was best to wait a while. Time heals everything, after all. At least she hoped so.

“Yejin!” D.O called louder than necessary.

“Yes?” She answered with the same volume and made her way over.

“Suho hyung wants to be lame and have a sleepover tonight. Wanna join?” Sehun smiled brightly.

“Can I bring Minji and Hyosung?”

“Of course,” Suho grinned. “Six guys and one girl must be really uncomfortable and awkward, even of one of them is your.. Ahem, boyfriend. Of course your friends can come.”

“I’ll ask them then. What time?” Yejin smiled back.

“At 8 tonight. You can come earlier if you want to,” Baekhyun answered. “I’ll text you Suho hyung’s address later.”

“Alright I’ll see ya there then,” Yejin smiled and waved goodbye. She collected her things and headed to class to meet the other two.

“Suho oppa’s having a sleepover tonight at 8, wanna come?” Yejin asked.

“I don’t mind,” Hyosung shrugged and looked at Minji.

“Sounds fun, I’ll come,” Minji giggled.

“Okay, I’ll forward you the address when Baekhyun texts me,” Yejin smiled. The school day passed quite peacefully and the whole school was dismissed at 12 noon instead of the usual 2pm. Yejin was collecting the books she’d need to study over the holidays from her locker.

“Should I meet you slightly earlier so we can go together?” Baekhyun appeared beside her.

“Mm, I don’t know. I was thinking of asking oppa for a ride there,” Yejin shrugged.

“Aw, come on. They’re gonna like crazy!” Baekhyun pouted. “We need some alone time.”

Yejin bit her lip to hide her smile. She still had yet to get used to the while boyfriend thing. “We’ll see.”

“Jinnie,” Baekhyun pouted even more and scooted closer to her.

“Oppa, space, I need space,” Yejin gently shoved him, not exactly hating the skinship.

“Man, if only I had a car. I could take you anywhere in comfort,” Baekhyun sighed and returned to his original spot.

“Well, get a license, you’re of age to apply anyways,” Yejin said, tidying up her almost empty locker. What, you think she was gonna just eat, sleep and play during the holidays?

“Is Heechul hyung gonna pick you up? Riding a bus with all that books isn’t going to be very convenient,” Baekhyun took half her load. Before she could answer, a text came in. Yejin held her books in one hand pulled out her phone with the other.

From Heenim:
I’m outside~ Hurry up!

To Heenim:
Coming, coming.

“Yep he’s already here,” Yejin put her phone back into her pocket and turned around so Baekhyun could put the other half of the books he was holding for her into her backpack.

“Give your bag to me, I’ll carry it until we meet Heechul hyung,” Baekhyun tugged at the straps.

“Hehe, thanks,” Yejin grinned and slipped her bag off. They happily walked to the pick-up point.

“Does hyung know about us?” Baekhyun asked.

“I haven’t told him yet,” Yejin shrugged and waved when Heechul came into view.

“Is he gonna get mad?”

“I don’t think so. I remember there was this one time he said you were the only one he approves of,” Yejin said.

A smile tugged at his lips. “What did you tell him about us for him to say that?"

“I said nothing!” Yejin huffed.

“Arasso,” he gently nudged her. “I’ll see you later then?”

“I’ll text you if I decide to take a bus with you instead of comfortably riding Heechul oppa’s bike there,” Yejin smiled playfully.

“I know you’ll pick me~” Baekhyun chuckled as they reached Heechul. Yejin put the books she’s been carrying into the back compartment and squeezed her fat backpack in before shutting it securely. She put on her helmet and climbed on.

“You’re with her again?” Heechul raised an eyebrow in a joking manner.

“Hi hyung,” Baekhyun smiled and looked at Yejin who mouthed ‘I’ll call you later.’

“Bye,” she smiled after making sure he got her message. Heechul drove off and Baekhyun went home.

“Oppa, I’ll be sleeping over at Minji’s later tonight,” even Yejin was amazed at how smooth that lie came out. Well obviously she couldn’t just tell him she’s be sleeping over at a guy’s place with six males and only two other females excluding herself.

“Ah, girl’s night out,” Heechul nodded. Yejin snickered inwardly when he believed her lie that came out so fluently. “Have fun, do each other’s hair, paint your nails, gossip about other es in the school~”

“You sound as if you’ve done the same.”

Heechul scoffed. “I’m not a girl. Sheesh.”

“Well then you do act like one,” she stuck her tongue out. “Okay, get out of my room.”

To Baekhyun:
I’ll meet you earlier because you were sweet today :). Just kidding, but yeah, I’ll meet you before going.

From Baekhyun:
Yay~ I’ll meet you at the same bus stop we met at the last time then.

To Baekhyun:
Arasso, see you later!

 

So.. they're finally together. Excuse my extremely repulsive failed romance scene up there :p. Couple name? BaekJin? HyunJin? I like BaekJin hurr.

Kakaotalk anyone? Add me and we can chat if you're not creeped out by me or anything. --> laynicorn