Manager For A Day

Scarlet Necklace

Yejin arrived home and ran to the kitchen. After placing the bowl of steaming hot porridge on a tray along with a glass of warm water and Panadol, she brought it upstairs. 

"Oppa, wake up and eat this before taking your medicine. You can go back to sleep after that," Yejin gently shook him awake and helped him sit up. "Do you have anything on tomorrow?"

"Baekhyun has a shoot," Heechul said, wiping his sweat.

"Where's your planner? I'll cover for you," Yejin scanned his desk.

"What? No, it's okay, I'll be good by then," he gently patted her hand.

"We'll see tomorrow," she fed him half a bowl before letting him take his medicine and go back to sleep. By night, his temperature still didn't go down but at least he was able to annoy her despite being sick. Yejin sighed and turned off the lights before crawling into bed. 

--

"I'm telling you, I will be O. Kay," Heechul huffed.

"You are not okay! You're still a freaking 38.7! Sit your down and bring your temperature back to a 37 before you come tell me that you're okay!" Yejin commanded and grabbed her purse and his planner before leaving the house with a loud bang of the front door. 

To Yejin:
How dare you talk to me like that?! >:(

From Yejin:
Take your medicine. I want to see you healthy by the time I get back, understood?

To Yejin:
Yes ma'am. I trust that you'll take care of Baekhyun well.

From Yejin:
Don't worry, I will. In fact, I'll probably take better care of him than you will.

Yejin arrived at the office to see Baekhyun already seated by the lounge.

"Yejin? Why are you here? Where's Heechul hyung?" Baekhyun straightened himself.

"He's sick, I'm covering up for him. So, is the van already waiting?" Yejin smiled brightly.

"Yeah. Let's go," Baekhyun led her to the car park. They boarded the van and Yejin politely greeted the driver and explained why Heechul wasn't here. They arrived at the shooting location about an hour later. It was an indoor shoot. Yejin greeted the staff along with Baekhyun before escorting him to get his makeup and hair done. She wasn't sure how long it took for him to get ready but it was long enough for her to doze off.

"We'll begin shooting!" Yejin jolted awake and she looked around for Baekhyun. He was already standing on set.

Holy , is that really Baekhyun? That Bacon Prince that follows me around in school? Damn, he's hot. Wait, what am I saying. Stop it, get a hold of yourself.

Yejin watched him intensely, still extremely mesmerized at his transformation. She wouldn't have stopped if it wasn't for someone yelling "cut". She snapped out of her daze and went to check the photos with him. 

"If you leave your mouth hanging open like that, flies will go in," Baekhyun smiled. If it was any other day, Yejin wouldn't be all that affected by it. But today, after seeing his major transformation, she found herself breathless just by staring into his eyes.

She cleared . "Shut up." Baekhyun chuckled and turned to the screen. The pictures turned out great, amazing actually. After a short break, they continued on with the second half. Yejin's eyes nearly rolled out of their sockets when Baekhyun took off his blazer and then his wifebeater.

"WAIT. WHY ARE YOU TAKING OFF YOUR CLOTHES?" Yejin blurted. Those around her snickered at her straightforward outburst.

"It's part of the shoot. Heechul hyung already agreed to it," Baekhyun answered, a sly smile creeping onto his face.

"Don't smile at me like that," Yejin narrowed her eyes. 

"Can we move on here?"

"Right, my apologies," Yejin sat back down. She couldn't take her eyes off him throughout the shoot. It was only then did she feel like he was a guy, not trying to say that he was a girl to her all along. But a guy as in he wasn't just a student you'd pass by in a hallway without even looking at. Yejin peeled her eyes off him to look at her watch. It was nearing 7 in the evening, the shoot was supposed to end about now. Right when she looked up, the director called it a day.

"You've all worked hard," Yejin bowed left and right along with Baekhyun. "Thank you very much."

Baekhyun went in to change back into his own clothes and remove the thick makeup. He came out faster than when they first came and they were ready to go. The car dropped them off at the office and the two decided to have dinner together before leaving. 

"So did you fall for me yet?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow with a playful grin. It was hard to look at him now, since all she thought of when she did was his abs.

"N- No," Yejin looked away. She felt something shoot up her arm and her heartbeat increase when he suddenly grabbed her wrist. She turned to him with wide eyes. "What are you doing?"

"The restaurant's here.." Baekhyun blinked and pointed to the entrance.

"Right. Let's go," she walked ahead of him. They ordered two bowls of steaming hot pho and chatted while waiting for their order to come.

"So what's your class selling? I heard first years were doing food and drinks," Baekhyun started the conversation.

"Lame fruit smoothies and hotdogs," Yejin shook her head. "An idiot like Heechul oppa could've up with something better."

"Why? It's seems like it'll sell."

"It better, we spent three hours just deciding on that," Yejin shook her head and sipped her iced lemon tea. "What are you guys doing?" 

"Haunted house," Baekhyun grinned.

"I'd go and support you but I'd rather get murdered and my body thrown into the ocean than enter a haunted house. I'm scared to death of that kinda thing," Yejin shivered as their food came. "I still remember the time I cried after the night walk during my middle school camp. Now that I look back, it wasn't even all that scary."

"You're scared of everything." he rolled his eyes and broke his chopsticks.

"Am not," Yejin sneered and did the same.

"Let's see. You're scared of basketballs, soccer balls, tennis balls, volleyballs, Chanyeol and now ghosts," Baekhyun gave her a look. 

"Hey, why am I scared of Chanyeol. That happy virus wouldn't even hurt a fly."

"Whenever he appears beside you, you jump as if you have fits or something," Baekhyun shrugged.

"No I don't," Yejin pouted. "And all those different kinds of balls are classified as just 'balls', okay."

"Then are afraid of the.. man balls too?" Baekhyun grinned slyly.

"God, Baekhyun, I'm eating here," she shot him a disgusted look. Baekhyun stopped with the human anatomy, thankfully, and Yejin decided to treat them both this time. She bought takeaway for Heechul since she'd be too lazy to cook when she got home.

"I'll take that," Baekhyun took the bag from her. Yejin felt jolts of electricity shoot up her arm when his fingers brushed against her own.

"It's okay, I can hold it on my own," she tried to take it back.

"It's night," Baekhyun smirked seeing her expression turn hard. "You know what happens at night."

"S- Shut up, nothing's gonna happen," Yejin softly calmed herself down. "Give it."

"Relax, I'll hold it. Knowing how much of a scaredy cat you are, you'd probably freak out at the wind, trip, fall, spill everything and scald yourself. I'm not taking you to the hospital then," Baekhyun smiled.

"No need to go into such detail," Yejin narrowed her eyes at him and they started walking to the nearest bus stop. "I suppose you're sending me home?"

"Of course," he smiled brightly. The two walked in comfortable silence when he suddenly stopped. "Did you hear that?"