Chapter 9

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

And here you were again, having the worst moment of your life, surrounded by your friends and Baekhyun's mates. You had met in a small café to hang out, and you would have done anything to get out of there. Once again.

No need to say that, like the last time, you were left completely alone. Your glass of juice was your only friend because everyone was too busy to care about you. Actually, Mina and Baekhyun were closer than you thought. From the way they were intimately talking to each other, you could say that something was growing between them. And you didn't want to witness that, at all.

As for Vicky, she was absolutely dazzled by Kris. She only had eyes for him, whereas him... It was quite heart-breaking and sad to watch. Poor Vicky...

Since Lay and Chen were talking about the video game Starcraft and you had absolutely no idea what the game was about, you remained quiet in your corner. The only one who could have save the day would have been Suho, because of his outgoing and warm behavior, but for some reason he wasn't here. That brave boy managed to save his soul.

So here you were, being silently and pathetically alone.

You were playing with your straw, listening to some snatches of conversation and making you feel bad. Next time you wouldn't come ! You wouldn't be fooled three times !

After what seemed like an eternity, you decided to leave the table to go to the bathroom, tired of this situation. You couldn't bear anymore hearing Mina or Vicky « Oppa ! » every five seconds. You were supposed to go as three friends. That wasn't a freaking blind date ! You were actually mad at them for dragging you along in this. It was supposed to be fun ! Where was the fun in being the spare wheel ? Next time they wanted to flirt, you'd make sure to not be there.

Once in the restroom, you angrily opened the tap and put some water on your face.

 

«  Calm down... » You whispered to yourself.  « Don't loose your temper... »

 

Water was slowly rolling down your face, cooling your frustration. You sighed and whipped it. Maybe in an hour or so you would be free. You will just have to bear the loneliness for a moment.

You lazily went out of the restroom after a moment. Going back to the table wasn't urgent. You definitely weren't in a hurry. To waste some time, you took a look at the paintings exposed in the hallway leading to the toilets. They were really good actually. Most of them were representing landsc-

 

«  Having fun ? » A low and very familiar voice asked behind your back.

 

You jumped and turned back. You knew that voice !

 

«  Chanyeol ? » You exclaimed, with big eyes.

 

Here he was, the derpiest of them all. In front of you, holding a plastic bag and looking weirdly at you. He gave you a big smile at the call of his name.

 

«  What are you doing ? » He giggled.

 

You looked at the paintings, then at him.

 

«  Nothing ! » You said.

 

He frowned but then smiled.

 

«  I see. » He replied.

 

It was one of the first you met him outside school. It was so unusual to meet him in a place without books.

He wasn't wearing his school uniform, but a black hoodie which was gaving him a more mature look. He looked less crazy with it.

You broke the small silence.

 

«  What are you doing here ? »

 

He raised the plastic bag in front of you and shook it.

 

«  I had to buy food and I decided to stop here to buy a take-away drink. » He explained.

 

You nodded.

 

«  And then I saw that girl who really looks like my project partner, so I decided to go and talk to her. » He joked. «  And you ? What are you doing here ? »

 

You rolled you eyes, your smile immediately fading away.

 

«  I'm here with some friends. » You replied, toneless.

 

Chanyeol lifted an eyebrow.

 

«  Wow, seems like you are having the time of your life ! » He laughed, seeing your expression.

 

You gave him a deathly stare.

 

«  Please ! It's hell ! » You complained, not even smiling.

«  Really ? » Chanyeol asked, surprised.

 

It usually looked like your friends and you were getting along. Hearing this was quite surprising. You clapped your hands to together and pouted, looking away.

 

«  Yes. » You whispered more to yourself than to him. « I don't even know why I came.... »

 

Chanyeol pinched his lips. He was understanding. He felt that something was off. That boy wasn't completely clueless after all.

He seemed like he wanted to suggest you something, but he was hesitating. He was playing with plastic bag and kept opening and shuting his mouth, like a fish.

 

«  What ? » You asked, after a moment, raising an eyebrow.

 

He bit his lips, uncertain.

 

«  Look. I know it's not my business, but if it's that horrible and painful, then... why don't you just....leave ? »

 

The suggestion remained on hold. He didn't left you the time to answer and cut you off.

 

«  Ok, that was stupid. Forget it ! It's not my business, right ? Yah Chanyeol, you're speaking too much ! » He apologized with a small laugh. « I was going to leave anyway. Good ramen is waiting for me ! »

 

He shook his bag to prove it. You frowned.

Leave ? Right now ? You hadn't think about it, to be honest. It wasn't a bad idea actually. Yes, it would be rude to leave everyone, but being treated the way you were was rude too !

 

«  No ! Don't worry ! I actually think you're right. » You protested, with a half-smile.

 

Chanyeol's smile came back. He had been afraid that his suggestion was going to make you upset.

 

«  Maybe I should... » You hesitated, taping your chin.

«  Well, I think I have enough ramen for two. So if you want, you can escape from your friends and joi- »

 

Chanyeol was clearly about to suggest something which could have save your life, when Baekhyun unexpectedly appeared, obstructing the way and cutting off the conversation.

He looked like he was looking for something or someone. When he saw you, he abruptly smiled and his eyes lighted up.

 

«  Ah ! So you were hiding here the whole time ! » He exclaimed, with what sounded like relief.

 

Baekhyun was about to add something when he noticed Chanyeol next to you. The derpy, weird and creepy Chanyeol. He couldn't missed him, he was way taller than him.

They both looked at each other awkwardly. You could see surprise and incomprehension building on your crush's face. Why were you talking to that weirdo ?

The atmosphere was uncomfortable.

 

«  Well..er... Nevermind, I was about to go ! See you at school. » Chanyeol awkwardly said, before leaving.

 

You waved at him, a bit sad, while Baekhyun was just disapprovingly looking at him.

It was gone, your ticket to freedom.

 

«  I didn't know you were hanging out with him.  » Baekhyun declared once the derpy boy left. «  He is a bit... special, isn't he ? »

 

You shrugged.

You didn't know why and even if you had feelings for him, hearing such things about Chanyeol coming from Baekhyun pissed you off. How could he know what kind of company you had ? He was too busy flirting with Mina to actually speak to you and try to get to know you more. Chanyeol was maybe « special », but at least he wasn't ignoring you like the others.

Baekhyun must have felt your irritation, so he didn't insist. You were about to go back to the table when something incredible happened.

Baekhyun, your crush, the boy you were dreaming of since months and months grabbed your wrist and stopped you.. His touch was so cold and so unexpected that you almost let out a scream of surprise.

 

«  I want to talk to you actually. » He said with a smooth voice.

 

Was this real life ?

 

«  R-Really ?  About what ? »

 

His touch send you small electric (SHOCK ! 8D) waves.

You completely forgot about Chanyeol, the table, Vicky, Mina, everyone, the world. Baekhyun was holding your freaking wrist ! He was touching you !

It was giving you shivers. You were smiling like a idiot at this moment and could feel your cheeks burning, your heart racing faster and faster.

His fingers were so soft and yet freezing. It was giving you nice sensations. You just wished he would never let your wrist go. Never. Never. Never...

But as soon as you thought this, he dropped it.

 

«  About Kai. »

 

And your smiled disappeared. About Kai ? Again ? Why ?

You sighed and crossed your arms, ready to listen.

 

«  I wanted to apologize actually. » He explained, scratching his hair with embarrassement.  « I didn't know you were not dating. It's just... I swear I really thought he was your boyfriend ! If I knew, I wouldn't had speak about it. I'm truly sorry. »

«  It's okay, let's forget about it. » You replied, with a gesture of the hand.

 

You weren't in the mood for this.

 

«  No, I insist ! I feel so bad. I thought about it a lot, and I realised it was really inappropriate and rude from me. We don't really know each other yet. Who was I to reveal private things like this ? I hope you'll accept my apologises. »

 

Did Baekhyun just say he thought about it ? Which meant, about you ? You blushed at the thought. He also said that you didn't know each other « yet », giving you small butterflies.

Maybe it wasn't what he truly meant, but whatever. You decided to take it positively.

You tried to contain your feelings and gave him a smile.

 

«  Thank you. I really appreciate it. » You answered, blushing.

 

Baekhyun his lips and nodded. He was glad, everything was now clear and clarified. You looked like a nice girl, and he didn't want to hurt you with his stupid assumptions.

He cleared his throat, not knowing what to do or to add, while you were playing nervously with your fingers. A small but not awkward silence built between you two. It was time to join the others but it looked like none of you wanted to leave. You stayed quiet for a moment until Vicky popped up.

 

«  Guys ! It's time to go. » She said, clapping her hands to make you react.

 

You jumped of surprise, coming back to reality.

 

 

«  So how did it end ? » Chanyeol asked, spitting pieces of cookies on the table.

 

You were flipping pages of your book, when the corner of your lips slowly lifted up. A warm feeling appeared in your chest, small butterflies were dancing in your stomach and your cheeks started to burn.

 

«  Quite good. » You replied, with a light voice.

«  Did you leave ? » He asked, the mouth full of cookies.

«  Nope. »

 

Chanyeol nodded. So everything had been ok, he assumed.

He put his hands in the bag of cookies, looking for another delicious one, when his eyes suddenly darken.

 

«  It's empty. » He said, with an husky voice. « It's empty ! »

 

You raised your head.

 

«  Good ! You are fat enough. » You heartlessly answered.

 

Chanyeol gave you a face.

He wasn't fat at all, actually. He was even too slim for his height. But you you were in good mood today and wanted to annoy him.

 

«  What ? Fat ?» He cried. «  I am fat ? »

 

You didn't answer, enjoying him being angry.

 

«  Yah ! Reply to me ! »

 

His fist hit the table. You nodded with a small laugh.

 

« You're mean » He moaned. « How dare you saying that ? »

 

He looked down at you, making you chuckled.

 

«  What did you expect ? You're eating all the time, fattie ! »

 

Chanyeol's jaw was about to fall. How dare you ?

You were just joking, but he was touchy and sensible and took it as a real remark. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

 

«  I'm not eating all the time. » Chanyeol grumbled with a low voice.

 

The derpy one his teeth and kept pouting for a moment. You were silently laughing. He was so easy to bother ! He was like a 5 year old kid.

Chanyeol suddently stood up.

 

«  Yah ! Look over here. » He ordered you.

 

You lazily turned your head to look at him.

 

«  Do you see anything fat on that body made of perfection ? » He asked you, lifting his shirt and revealing his tummy.

 

You almost had a heart attack. What the was he doing ?

Your eyes accidently travelled down his body. Were thoses... abs ?

 

«  Wha-What are you doing, Chanyeol ? » You cried, your eyes wide open. «  We are in a library ! »

 

Chanyeol smirked.

 

«  See ! You are completely dazzled by the beauty and the perfection of my body. » He declared with a playful smile. « I told you. I am not fat. »

 

You bursted into laugh. Was he serious ?

You were about to make a good comback, but his skin was seriously disturbing and, to be honest, distracting you. It was hard to take your eyes off of it.

 

«  Can you please put your clothes on ? » You asked, desperately trying to hide the view with your hands.

 

You heard him laugh, but not dropping the edge of his shirt.

 

«  I bet you want to touch it. » He added with a wink and a disturbingly low voice.

 

His 4D personality was appearing. And it was really creepy.

Did he become crazy because of the lack of cookies ? Was hunger driving him totally crazy ?

 

«  No, I don't ! Please stop. » You cried.

«  Touch it, and I'll stop. »

 

What ? You gave him a strange face. That boy was seriously creepy, and not in a good way. What kind of person would urge a girl to touch his body ? You gulped, feeling uncomfortable.

He wasn't going to stop until you accept, wasn't he ? Chanyeol was really stubborn and hurt by your words, he just wanted to prove you that he wasn't fat. But he wasn't forced to take off his clothes to prove it !

He wasn't moving, keeping his inappropriately happy and weird expression. You sighed. He wasn't going to negotiate, better giving up now.

 

« Fine. » You agreed, closing your eyes.

 

His smile grew bigger.

You looked at him and shook your head. Crazy boy.

You slowly extended your forefinger, a bit hesitant. What the were you doing ?

Your hand was a bit shaky. You had never « touch » the tummy of a boy before. Even if it wasn't that kind of context, and the boy was in this case Chanyeol, it still felt awkward. You sighed and decided to don't hesitate anymore. You took your courage and lightly brushed your finger against his abs. Because yes, as crazy and surprising as it was, Chanyeol had abs. You had no idea where he got it from, but damn, it was really... nice. Once you finished touching his tummy, Chanyeol dropped the edge of his shirt.

 

«  Say again I'm fat, and you'll meet paradise again. » He said with a satisfied laugh.

 

You nodded. You weren't crazy, you'd never call him fat again. Never.

Chanyeol grabbed the empty plastic bag and made a ball with him before throwing it in the trash can.

 

«  Score ! »

 

He giggled and grabbed a book.

You silently looked at him, pretending to read something. That boy was really awkward sometimes. But you felt happy. If he was acting like this with you, then it meant you were getting closer to your goal.

You still needed some time and work, but at least, you managed to break the uncomfortable ice which used to separate you. The magazine was wrong, no need to do crazy things to get a boy's attention.

But something hit you. A part of the article randomly popped up in your mind.

 

«  3. Touch him

Be playful ! Accidently touch him will build . »

 

Of course, there were no . You just touched him to testify something, not with the intention to seduce him.

But you couldn't help but violently blushed. Your cheeks were burning, and not because of the temperature.

 

__________________________