Chapter 5

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

_______________________

You walked away from Chanyeol but stopped before joining Vicky and Mina to think about what just happened. You were very surprised of yourself. You never had been so « direct » and playful with someone. You were usually waiting for the boy to come to you, which rarely happened to be honest. Seducing wasn't your part of the job but somehow, it was fun.

You look at the bag of cookies in your hand and smiled. Derpy Chanyeol was also kind.

 

« I always knew you were a teaser. » Kai whispered in your ear, making your shivered.

 

What the f...? You immediately hid the bag behind your back and turned to him. He was standing behind you, smirking. What did he want ?

 

«  Are you spying on me now ? » You asked coldly, not in the mood to talk to him.

 

Kai laughed while you just started at him without emotions. You knew he had seen you and Chanyeol together. The devil was everywhere.

 

«  That poor Chanyeol didn't understand what was happening to him. How dare you confuse him like that ? » He giggled.

 

You didn't want to fight with Kai. Even if he was getting on your nerves, you already promised to yourself to avoid bad thoughts today. You crossed your arms.

 

«  What do you want ? » You asked, annoyed.

 

Kai didn't reply. He just shrugged and smiled stupidly. You weren't in the mood for riddles either.

 

«  Ok whatever, Kai. » You sighed, rolling your eyes.

 

You were about to leave that stupid guy when he suddenly grabbed your arm.

 

«  Oh come on ! Don't be like that. » Kai moaned.

 

You raised an eyebrow and stared at him. What was that now ?

 

«  Then don't be a jerk. » You replied coldly.

 

Kai let your arm go and sighed. That wasn't the response he wanted.

 

«  Did I do something wrong ? » He asked confusedly.

 

Is he stupid or what ? You massaged your arm which was numb and gave him a death stare.

 

«  The lunch break will soon be over. I have to go. » You simply said.

 

He was about to protest but you were faster and left.

You hated how innocent and lost Kai was trying to be. He definetely knew what was wrong. He was just too blind or too idiot to figure out that he really humiliated you yesterday evening. Did he think you were bluffing when you yelled at him ? Did he think you weren't truly mad ? You were even more mad at him now. So what ? Did he really believe that a smile and a stupid joke would make you forget and forgive him so easily ? You weren't friends, you weren't going to let it go.

 

 

«  She's late... » Chanyeol whispered, a bit annoyed.

 

He was waiting for you on bench, in front of the library. You were supposed to meet today for your English project but you weren't showing off.

Chanyeol looked at his watch. Did she forget about our meeting ? He shrugged and decided to wait ten more minutes. He was actually a bit nervous to see you. You were making him feel somewhat... uncomfortable. He didn't really get what were your intentions towards him, and that, that was exactly what was bothering him. Sometimes he felt like you wanted to be friends with him, not just partners for a project, and he didn't understand why. Maybe he was just imagining things. Yes, it was that. Just his imagination playing with him. As always.

Chanyeol sighed while trying to see you. Oh come one ! Where are you ?

He sagged against the bench and waited, waited, waited... When finally...

 

«  Hi ! » You shouted to Chanyeol when you recognized his puffy hair.

 

He stood up, relief to finally see you and smiled.

 

«  Hey. »

«  I'm sorry for being so late ! » You apologized when you reached his level. «  But I was kept by my Math teacher, you know the old grumpy ajhussi... I hope you didn't wait too much. »

 

Chanyeol nodded.

 

«  It's fine, don't worry. »

 

Actually, you could have been there earlier but you just wanted him to leave him « stew ».

Chanyeol throw his schoolbag on his shoulder and was going to enter the library but you stopped him.

 

«  Eh! I was thinking we could go somewhere else for today's meeting. » You suggested with a smile.

 

Chanyeol backed up. He looked at you and frowned.

 

«  You don't want to work here ? » He asked, confused.

 

You made a shy smile and shook your head.

 

«  No, not today. » You replied.

«  Is there another library you want to go ? »

 

You couldn't help but let out a laugh. That wasn't what you were suggesting actually. Ah Chanyeol...

 

«  No. Hum...actually, there is a nice café not far away from here. They have the most delicious milkshake you will ever find ! So I thought we could go there today.... » You explained cheerfully.

 

While you were all excited, you could see that Chanyeol wasn't sharing your emotion. He was sceptical.

 

«  But there is no books or stuff to study, there. » He said.

 

Oh my god, Chanyeol ! Was he deaf or what ? You sighed.

 

«  No, you're right. But I think it's too late to start working now. Let's say, as an apologize for being late, I'll treat you with a milkshake !»

 

Chanyeol pursed his lips. He was in front of a dilemma. Studying or going eating with you ? He also felt guilty because he exceptionally postponed his activities outside school to come here to work with you. « I hope D.O and Sehun won't be too mad at me for this » Chanyeol thought. His bestfriends would kill him if they knew that he sacrificed their activity together for a milkshake. He looked at his watch. You were right, starting to work now would be useless. He looked at you. You were making a big smile to convince him. Oh please, don't look at me like that.

 

«  So were not going to work on the project today ? » He asked, still unsure of what were your intentions.

«  Nope ! Not today ! » You answered with a big smile.

«  Ok. » He gave up, with a smile. « It sounds like a good idea ! »

 

 

«  Oh My God ! That's freaking delicious ! » Chanyeol cried for the eleventh time, taking another gulp of his banana milkshake.

 

You looked at him, amused. His face was lightening, he looked like he was in heaven. Unlike the last time he was upon contact with food, Chanyeol « controlled » himself. Or at least, he tried.

He was actually drinking his third milkshake !

 

«  I'm think I can now die as a happy man ! » He whispered, pushing the empty glass away from him.

 

You laughed and took a sip of your milkshake. Chanyeol was actually funny even if some of his jokes were sometimes weird and awkward. You felt like since the cookie episode, the ice was slowing breaking between you two. You weren't friends yet but you were on the good track. You knew it.

Chanyeol was checking the menu, thinking of which flavor he was going to taste. Vanilla ? Mango ? There were too many choices, too many possibilities.

 

«  I'm going to taste caramel ! » He exclaimed, closing the menu and putting it down.

«  Good choice. » You replied.

 

You both nodded and kept silent for a moment.

You were playing with your straw while Chanyeol was receiving his fourth milkshake.

You were silently observing him. You were wondering if he noticed all your little attempts to seduce him or he just thought your were very friendly. You didn't want to be too « aggressive » because scaring him wasn't going to help. Far from it. But you still felt like you were too passive, you needed to be more direct with him. Because just being friendly wasn't going to lead you somewhere. But maybe... aegyo would do it ? Vicky's word were still on your mind actually. Even if you weren't really overly-cute and aegyo was repelling you, the fact that Mina got Baekhyun's number was a proof that maybe, aegyo was effective on boys. « Oh come on, I worth more than aegyo ! » You thought. But maybe Chanyeol would get the « message . And trying wasn't going to kill you. The aura was already akward, it couldn't be worst, wasn't it ? You tried to remember Vicky advices and started to play with your hair and blink heavily, but Chanyeol wasn't paying attention at you at all., too concentrated on his milkshake. You cleared your throat and lasciviously rested your head on your hand. Pay attention Chanyeol... Still no response. You rolled your eyes. Please Chanyeol, don't force me to do it. The only way to catch his attention was to talk, of course. But talking all cutely was the most ridiculous flirt technique ever, in your opinion. You sighed. You had to do it, unfortunately. For the deal's sake. Even if that meant burying your pride. You reluctantly downed your drink in one go to give you courage. Ok, let's do this !

 

«  Chanyeol Oppa~ » You moaned with an awful faked cute tone. «Do you have a girlfriend ? »

 

You were absolutely ridiculous and you totally knew that. You sounded like a 9 year old girl and you highly doubt Chanyeol would like it.You always thought girls who tried to act like that were trying to hard. Did that mean you were trying to hard ? Yes, probably. It was too obviously fake to be honest.

Chanyeol wasn't expecting that from you and almost chocked. His face became red and he had difficulties to breath.

 

«  O-Oppa ? » He repeated with a broken voice.

«  Yes, Oppa ! Tell me~ ! » You moaned like a giddy girl.

 

He frowned. Were you making fun of him ?

 

«  No, I don't... » He replied, suspicious.

 

What's up with her ?

 

«  Really ?! That's surprising for a cute boy like you ! » You cutely lied, faking a surprised expression.

 

Chanyeol was giving you a weird stare. You were definetely making fun of him, he thought.

 

«  And tell me, what's your type of girl ? » You asked with another smile, pushing your head to the side.

 

Chanyeol frowned again. You were acting weirdly. But he also took the time to think about your question.

 

«  Someone cute who smiles a lot and who is sincere, I guess » He answered, playing with his glass. « Honesty is important. »

 

Honesty. Sincerity. Of course, who wanted an ugly dirty little liar ? But, you felt quite bad and guilty when you heard it. You were everything except honest and sincere with him. Chanyeol wasn't deserving you and your little plan.

 

«  I like natural girls. » He also added with an intent stare.

 

You nodded. That obviously meant « No more aegyo ». So you could go back to normal. Thank God. But, a question popped up in your mind. You needed to have the answer to adjust your plan if needed and maaaaybe for your own conscience too.

 

«  Do you... Do you think being in love is necessary to date someone ? » You asked with a more serious expression.  « I mean, do you think someone could date another person without...you know, real feelings ? » 

 

You didn't really asked it thinking of yourself. You knew you would never fall for him. He was too creepy to attract you. And you were forced to date him thanks to Kai anyway, so real feelings or not, you had to. But you felt bad for him, because you could felt that he was the type to get easily attached. If he was able to date someone without true feelings, then it would be perfect !It would be easier for you to date him and dump him without loosing a lot of time.

 

«  Tsss... Did they put something unhealthy in your drink ? Because you are really asking really strange questions, you know.» He shook his head with amusement and disapproval, not really answering the question.

 

You didn't insist.

 

«  Aha, probably ! Sorry for bothering you. Forget about it. » You laughed nervously.

 

Chanyeol shrugged and asked for a fifth milkshake. Cherry, this time. Was he seriously going to taste every flavour ?

You silently finished yours, thinking that you should be more subtle next time you wanted to ask him questions. You didn't want to be too direct either. You had to keep mystery !

But enough with him, not it was your turn.

 

«  And you, whats is your type ? » He asked straightforward, not even with a slight of shyness or embarrassment.

 

You wanted to ask weird questions ? So did he.You hiccuped, not expecting him to ask you that so frankly. Your eyes met. He was smirking and you could feel in the tone of his low voice and the dark of his eyes that he was.. playing with you ?

 

«  Hum.. I... You don't need to know. » You answered awkwardly, with a gesture of the hand.

«  But i want to know. Your Oppa is curious about it ! » He insisted, biting his lower lips to not laugh.

 

Was he getting crazy ? Was he having another mood switch ?

 

«  Yah ! Stop bothering me or I won't pay for the milkshakes ! » You threatened him, being on the defensive.

 

Chanyeol didn't insist. He didn't want to pay the milkshakes ! He simply nodded with a laugh and took another sip of his cherry milkshake. Case closed.

He was back to normal, but you sweared that, for a second, you saw in his eyes... tease. Maybe Derpy Chanyeol wasn't as nerdy and shy as you thought.

_______________________