Chapter 27

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

Chanyeol nervously slided his hand in the pocket of his uniform, desesperatly trying to find the keys of his flat. Why did they have to disappear now, in such as crucial moment ?

Quickly glancing at you, Chanyeol made sure he wasn't dreaming the whole time and that you were still here, next to him. And,(crap !), leaned against the wall, arms crossed and looking at your shoes with a blank face expression, you were still there. Chanyeol digged his hand deeper in his pocket. He really needed to find those damn keys and quick !

This was the first time Chanyeol was bringing a girl home. Sure, it was just to work on your school project. He got that, he wasn't that stupid. But still... You were a girl, and a girl about to go in his flat. Chanyeol wasn't the ert type but saying that kind of thoughts didn't cross his mind would be a lie. Of course he thought about that. You weren't kids anymore after all, and even if you were just « friends », that didn't take anything away of the fact that you were two healthy teenagers in the prime of life. His hands started to get sweaty at the thought. He seriously needed to calm down and find the keys.

When you suggested to come here, Chanyeol spontaneously agreed without even taking the time to think and realise what it was properly implying. He just said yes. Not because working somewhere else sounded more exciting than at the library or because he wanted you to see his DVD collection. He actually said yes because it was his chance. Kai's girlfriend wanted to come over at his place ? Fine, let her come ! You were friends after all and there was nothing wrong with bringing a friend home, right ? Except maybe friendship wasn't the best and most accurate word to define your relationship.

Chanyeol guessed something happened between Kai and you. Something important enough to make you look preoccupied and nervous. But instead of making sure everything was ok, Chanyeol prefered to act like nothing was going on. The less Kai's name was mentioned, the better. No, Chanyeol wasn't going to be fair-play. A girl like you had nothing to do with an idiot like Kai and he wasn't going to do anything to help you and encourage it. And if destiny, fate or whatever was sending him such glorious opportunity to spend time with you, he wasn't going to sacrifice it for the noble sake of fixing your relationship with Kai and being a true « friend ».

 

« You forgot your keys ? » Your voice echoed, breaking the silence of the empty hallway.

 

Chanyeol blinked and snapped back into reality. He vigorously shook his head, acting like everything was under control.

 

« Nope ! I..hum... They are somewhere in there. » He replied, now looking in his bag.

 

You quietly nodded and your eyes landed back on your shoes.

Maybe coming here wasn't a good idea after all. Sure, in the heat of the moment it had seemed to be the perfect plan. You wouldn't have to make your fake love confession in public, which would avoid unnecessary awkward moments, and you knew it was intensely annoying Kai, which was the cherry on top. It was killing two birds with one stone. But now that you were here, in front of Chanyeol's door, you felt like all your determination was slowly draining out of your body. Truth be told, you weren't ready for this. You may hadn't any real feelings for Chanyeol but still, a confession was a confession and it was scaring you. The last time you confessed to someone was years ago and you little heart ended up injured. But you tried to convince yourself that this time was different, since you weren't truly in love with Chanyeol. But nervousness wasn't something you could easily get a rid of. Unfortunately, here you were: the decision was made and you had to stick to it. You were going to be a brave girl and ask him out. Easy and simple. Yeah, everything was going to be ok. Kai was right, Chanyeol was an easy target. Few languorous flutters of her eyelashes and a sweet smile should be enough. Even if your confession would be a little unexpected and horribly fake, he would probably say yes. He had to. Or else, you were shot.

After what seemed like an eternity and a hopeless quest, Chanyeol finally found his keys.

 

« Got them ! » He exclaimed with an eased smile, shaking them in the air.

 

You half-smiled and stood on your two feet to join him. Taking a deep breath, you tried to stay as calm as possible.

Chanyeol carefully inserted the keys in the handle. His heart was a little beating faster than usual and his hands were a little shaky. Holding his breath, he slowly turned it. He then pushed the door and was about to open it completely when something suddenly crossed his mind, making him froze. His heart was now beating fast for a whole new reason.

 

« What's happening ? » You asked, a little surprised.

 

His hand still on the handle, he brusquely shut the door without answering. How could heforget about them ? How ?

You tap his shoulder, a little worried.

 

« Chanyeol ? »

 

His name echoed in the silent hallway.

 

« Is everything ok ? »

 

Chanyeol bit his lips.

The fact that he was sharing the flat with two other guys kind of slipped out of his mind on the spot. Everything happened so quickly and he barely remembered that « detail ». Besides, he was pretty sure Sehun and D.O were at home at this hour and that wasn't good at all. With friends like his, stepping in that flat with you would lead to his death (and a very unwanted awkward situation). There were no way that you were going to study here.

 

« Hey, you know what ? »Chanyeol bruskly said, grabbing your wrist. « There's a really nice café down the street where they sell the best hot chocolate in Seoul. Let's skip today's work session and drink something instead. »

 

You frowned and gave him a weird look.

 

« But what about the school project ? »

« Oh, forget about it. We can allow us a little pause, right ? » Chanyeol replied with a shrug.

« B-But hum... » You looked at the door and then back at him. « We have to work, Chanyeol. »

 

As if you cared about it...You just wanted to make your « confession » as private as possible, and going to a café wasn't the cleverest place to go.

Chanyeol winced.

 

« Let's stay here. » You said with a smile, pointing a finger at the door.

 

He shook his head.

 

« We can't. »

 

You dropped your hand in the air and frowned.

 

« Wait, what ? Why ?»

 

Chanyeol adjusted his glasses and pinched his lips, trying to find a good lie. He wanted to avoid bringing his roomates on the topic.

 

« Hum... I just remembered how dirty and messy it's in here. Trust me, you don't want to see that mess. It's really hum... you know, messy. » He promptly explained. 

 

You bit the inside of your cheek. How were you supposed to respond to that ?

 

« I don't mind ! I really hum... like messy places. » You said with a stupid smile, mentally facepalming for the awkward reply.

 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, a little surprised, but then shook his head. He'd rather die than let you get in. You would only step in his flat on his dead body. He tightened his grip around your skin and slowly started to walk away, trying to pull you along with him. Stepping in his flat would only bring him unnecessary teasing and troubles.You two really needed to get out of here and fast !

 

« Next time, ok ? I'll clean everything. But today isn't the good day. »

« But Chany- »

 

Crack.

The sound of an opening door suddenly echoed in the hallway, making Chanyeol and you turned back. It was coming from the same door Chanyeol opened.

Slowly, light from the inside of the flat lighted up the hallway and a guy came out. You felt Chanyeol grip tightened as he whispered a low « Crap ! ».

 

« …not crazy, Sehun ! I swear I heard voices just now. » You heard the guy said.

 

His small silhouette stopped in the doorway. Scratching the back of his neck, he turned his head from the right to the left, scanning the hallway. Inevitably, his eyes stopped on giant Chanyeol.

 

« Yeollie ? » The guy surprisingly exclaimed.

 

Yeollie ? You looked at Chanyeol with a lifted eyebrow and noticed the weird face he was doing. Bright cheeks and awkward smile, he looked like a child cought by his parent. Your attention got back to the small guy and realised he was awkwardly familiar. You sweared you had already seen those big eyes somewhere before...

 

« What are you doing ? » He asked, placing his hands on his waist. « I heard voices and Sehun wasn't believ- »

 

The guy brusquely stopped talking, almost choking when he noticed you, next to Chanyeol. His eyes widened in two huge balls, his jaw dropping. It was like he was seeing a ghost or something. Chanyeol made a step forward.

 

« Wait, wait ,wait D.O ! It's not what you think ! »

 

The guy who you assumed to be called D.O, stared at you, then at Chanyeol, then back at you. His eyes were like two ping-pong balls bouncing. Was that really Chanyeol with... with a girl ?

 

«  Let me explain this to you, ok ? That's not what you think it is. She's my project partner and we... we... We hum...Oh my God, D.O stop looking at us like that ! » Chanyeol cried.

 

That D.O was creepily staring at you two and obviously wasn't paying attention to what Chanyeol was saying. He jumped a little at the low groan and awkwardly bowed.

 

« A-Ah yes, sorry. » He apologized.

 

Chanyeol ran a hand in his hair with a frustrated sigh.Perfect, what he precisely wanted to avoid was happening. He was pretty sure what kind of thoughts were crossing D.O's mind at that moment and he couldn't do anything to stop him. Or maybe yes, he could. By taking off his hand from your wrist for example. When Chanyeol realised D.O was still staring at you two, or rather at Chanyeol's hand on your skin. His cheeks turned into a vivid shade of red and he immediately dropped your wrist, looking away.

 

« Hum... Hello. » D.O greeted you with a cheesy smile, quickly glancing at a very embarrassed Chanyeol.

 

You politely bowed, trying to remember where you had seen him before. Those big eyes were too familiar to belong to a total stranger.

 

« H-Hello. Nice to meet you. » You shyly replied.

 

You then awkwardly clasped your hands together as the two boys remained quiet. None of you knew what to say.

Awkward, the atmosphere was... awkward. And a little heavy too. That D.O was still staring at you like you were a strange creature coming from another universe and no need to say that it wasn't making you feel at your ease. You looked at Chanyeol who was adjusting his glasses on his thin nose.

 

« Hum.. » He started to say after a moment, digging his hands in the pockets of his pants.

« Do you want to come in ? » D.O cut him off, pointing his thumb at the door.

 

Chanyeol and you exchanged a quick glance.

 

« I mean if you want to, of course. » He added with a shrug, not wanting to intrude your privaty which he actually was doing perfectly.

 

Well, « of course » not, Chanyeol didn't want to come. But to his great regret, he was trapped.

Now that you were caught, running away would only make things more mistakable. But in either way, Sehun and D.O would misunderstand. Maybe if you actually worked under their eyes, they would get it. But Chanyeol knew they wouldn't get over it easily and they were going to like there was no tomorrow. But at least, if you were there, he would be able to prove them wrong.

Chanyeol sighed, defeated, before relunctantly nodding his head.

 

« Sure. » He slowly said, swinging his arms against his body. « We'll stay. »

 

Ignoring your questioning look, Chanyeol walked back towards the door. You quietly followed him as D.O was giving you a warm smile, leaving the silent hallway for a welcoming entrance where TV sounds were echoing and the smell of pizza was drifting in the air. Even if it was way too early to eat dinner.

As you took your shoes off, Chanyeol whispered a little « Sorry » to which you settle for a nod. You didn't really understand what was happening but what could you do ? It was too late to run away. You couldn't lace your shoes back, throw your bag on your shoulder and leave. The fact that you wouldn't be alone was just delaying the crucial moment.

But roomates or not, you made the promise to yourself that you weren't going to leave this place until Chanyeol would accept to be your boyfriend.

__________________________

 

(A/N) First, let me create a diversion about the fact that I haven't update for two weeks and I come back with this not-so-great update with that random gif :

Ok.

Besides having trouble to write this chapter, I was busy with school and life recently. But I'm on holiday now, which means I will be hopefully able to update more ヽ(;▽;)ノ HOORAY !

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. It's not perfect, but I'll try to improve n_n I really appreciate your support and I'm grateful to have lovely readers like you ⊙ω⊙ Thank you to all of you who click on the little arrow near the title :'D

Thank you for everything and sorry for being such a lazy potato ;_;