Chapter 2

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !


___________________________

 

Class had started for few minutes when the teacher announced cheerfully that he wanted you to realise project in group.

 

    «  Choose a partner » He said while giving your class some sheets of paper.

 

The class stood up, looking for a partner. You were automatically about to ask one of your friends to join you, like you always did, when your eyes met Kai's. He winked at you, reminding you of your « deal ». You rolled your eyes, annoyed. He was going to harass you and remind it to you every seconds, wasn't he ?

 

    «  Hey, should we work together ? » Your friend asked.

 

You made a small smile and bowed.

 

    «  I'm sorry, I can't. »

 

You friend raised an eyebrow and shrugged. She looked a bit disappointed but smiled and left. You sighed and turned back. Damn, Kai. You made your way in the middle of the classroom, looking for the derpy guy, Chanyeol. It was the opportunity to start your plan.

He was the only one sitting, searching for something in his bag. He looked like he hadn't a partner yet. Lucky me... You walked toward him, conscious that Kai was looking at you and was enjoying your obvious pain. You stopped in front of his table, put a fake smile on your face and cleared your throat.

 

    «  Hey ! Do you have a partner ? » You asked him with a light voice.

 

Chanyeol raised his head. His light brown eyed met yours. He adjusted his glasses, giving you a confused look.

 

    «  Hum... You don't team up with your friend ? » He replied with a deep voice.

 

It was the first time you ever heard his voice and it gave you a shock. It was unexpectedly deep and low whereas his face was to small and childish ! How was it even possible ? You widened your eyes and almost forgot to answer.

 

    «  Hum... no. Not this time. I was wondering maybe we could to the project together ? »

 

Chanyeol frowned and scratched his hair, confused and embarrassed. He looked at your friends, on the back of the room. You realise how unusual and suspicious this situation was but you had to do it. You smiled at him.

 

    «  It's ok if you don't want to. »

 

Please refuse, please refuse... Chanyeol shrugged and gave you a weird smile back.

 

    «  No, it's fine. We can be partners. » he said cheerfully.

 

it. You hid your displeasure with a bigger smile and nodded. You gave him a thumbs up and got back to your seat, still feeling Kai's entertained glare on you. I hope you enjoy the show, annoying idiot.

___________________________

 

    «  … and that's how the film ended ! » Vicky announced with a dramatic voice.

 

You and Mina laughed. You met in a small café near your school after class. You loved those meetings because it was allowing you to relax for a moment. There was an intimate vibe to this café, you could have stayed here for hours.

 

    «  I wish I could find love too, just like in the movie. » Mina moaned.

 

You agreed and took a sip of your milkshake.

 

    «  If only I could have a boyfriend. » Mina complained, playing with her straw.

    «  Boys are only troubles and a loss of time, Mina. » Vicky wisely replied.

 

Mina shrugged. She really was the cutest thing on earth. Small, kind and lovely. Everything a boy was looking for.

 

    «  I'm sure you could find a boyfriend easily. » You said with a smile.

 

Mina frowned.

 

    «  The thing is, I don't know how to interact with boys. » She sighed.

 

I put my head on my fist, trying to think about it.

 

    «  Just be yourself. » You simply said.

 

Vicky shook her head to show her disagreement. She was the most experienced of you.

 

    «  No ! Don't ! Never ! If you want a guy, you have to be aegyo. Trust me, this is the best weapon a woman can have. »

 

You laughed seeing how Mina took it seriously.

 

    «  Really ? How ? » She said blankly.

    «  Yes ! Speak with a cute voice, when you look at him push your head on the side, blink slowly and a lot, play with your hair, call him Oppa... » Vicky explained seriously, counting her tips on her fingers.

    «  Are you sure it's the good technique ? » You asked, septical.

 

Vicky gave you an offended look.

 

    «  Of course it is ! Come on, I watch dramas. I know what I'm talking about.» She replied like it was obvious.

 

Sounds legit.

 

    «  Is there a boy you like, Mina ? » Vicky asked with a wink.

 

Mina was wriggling on her seat and blushed.

 

    «  I don't know.... » She answered, embarrassed.

    «  Oh come on ! We are friends ! Tell me and I'll support you ! » You encouraged her.

 

Mina nodded. You were such a good friend. Always the one who where there for her friends. Always the one ready to help. Always the one who could sacrifice herself.

 

    «  I want a boyfriend like Baekhyun Oppa. » She shyly replied.

 

You choked. You weren't ready for that.

You didn't know that Mina had a crush on him too. Since when did she like him ? How and when did it happen ? Why didn't you know ? You felt so confused. But, on the same time, she didn't know about you either . You just kept it to yourself because you thought you were stupid to like a guy like him. He was out of your league and you knew that. That's why you never told Mina and Vicky.

But now that you knew about Mina's feeling, you felt something heavy on your stomach. Something awful.

She's was prettier and cuter than you. She had more chance to appeal him, than an average girl like you.

You tried to catch your breath and calm down.

 

    «  He's so cool, isn't he ? » Mina giggled.

 

You felt really uncomfortable and avoid her question. Vicky was looking at you, it looked like she was reading into your soul. You avoid her eyes and tried to act normal.

 

    «  What about you ? Do you like someone right now ? » Vicky asked you.

 

You blushed and looked away.

 

    «  No, there's nobody. »

 

She nodded but didn't believe you. Vicky was more mature and attentive. Maybe she already found out about your crush on Baekhyun. You felt tensed.

 

    «  Well, I don't have a crush either. So let's move on to something else. What is your project about, for the English class ? » Vicky suddendly asked.

 

You were grateful that she changed the topic.

 

    «  Kimy and I haven't chosen yet and you ? » Mina shrugged.

    «  Chanyeol and I neither... » You started to replied.

    «  Wait, did you say Chanyeol and you ? » Mina interrupted.

 

Oh ! You realised that neither Mina and Vicky knew about the deal. They both gave you a face.

 

    «  Why is Chanyeol your partner ?  I didn't know you two were friends...» Vicky frowned and asked.

    «  Isn't he a little...strange ? » Mina added.

 

Since Chanyeol and you weren't friends, it looked really suspicious. Kai forbidden you to say anything so you had to find an excuse.

 

    «  Well... I heard he's good in English and...hum... my marks are bad recently, so... » You lied.

 

Your friends nodded and seemed to believe your lie.

 

    «  Oh, I see. That's a good idea. Even if he's very... weird. » Mina concluded.

 

You clapped your hands and stood up. Things were getting uncomfortable around here. The intimate vibe had disappeared since a long time and you couldn't stand this suffocating atmosphere anymore.

 

    «  It's getting late. We should go home ! » You announced to end the discussion.

 

Mina and Vicky agreed and stood up.

 

During your way to go back home, you thought about the deal with Kai and your lies. You never liked to lie to your bestfriends, you felt like you were betraying them. But you were too afraid of Kai might do if you had revealed the truth. You would tell them when it would be over.

For the moment, you just had to follow your plan and everything was going to be okay. Yes, everything was going to be okay.

 

___________________________

 

(A/N) Thanks a lot for your support ! It makes me really happy and makes me want to write more and more :D