Chapter 14

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

As soon as Chanyeol went back home, he shut himself away in his bedroom without even greeting his friends. Threwing his schoolbag away, he ed his shirt and fell on his bed. His head was such a mess right at this moment.

 

«  Is everything alright, Yeollie ? » D.O asked from the other side of the door, worried.

 

It wasn't very usual from Chanyeol to ignore everybody and lock himself in his room.

Chanyeol sighed. He put his arm on his forhead, not really knowing what to say. Was he okay ?

 

«  Yeah, I'm fine. » He simply replied after a small silence.

 

D.O frowned, but didn't insist. Looked like someone wanted to be alone. He would come later, when his friend would be in a better mood.

 

Chanyeol blankly stared at the ceiling, confused. Confused by you. Confused by how he felt. There was something about you. He couldn't say exactly what. You were just so unpredictable and some of your actions were completly disarming him. Like earlier. What kind of girl would put her hand on a boy's thigh ? Seriously ? Chanyeol ran a hand in his puffy hair, ignoring if you did it on purpose or not. Ignoring if you were playing with him or not. He rolled on the side of his bed and looked at the window. The night had already fallen and he could see light from downtown. He noticed that he started to think more often of you. And not only because of the project. And that wasn't a good thing. Not a good thing at all. You weren't free.You had a boyfriend or so... But he kept on thinking about you. Chanyeol couldn't forget Saturday's view. It was repeating on his mind like a broken track. And since you already talked to him about one guy, he assumed it was him. He felt happy for you, because it was what he were supposed to feel as a friend. But deep inside, a part of him didn't enjoy it. Chanyeol sighed and sat on his bed. It wasn't love or anything like that. He wasn't the type to fall so easily. But his mind wasn't clear about you. He was just... lost and mixed up. He was starting to act differently with you and he knew it. He would have never look at the girl the way he did the other day at the library. He would have never be in such a state as he were when he smelt your perfume. He would never be so angry and frustrated to see you with another guy. Things were confusing, maybe he should asked some advices to Sehun and D.O. Chanyeol lazily stood up. Or maybe not. Maybe it was just his head messing with him, maybe it would go away with time. But one thing was sure, he had to avoid you. Avoiding you because he didn't know what he exactly felt and avoiding you because you liked someone else. As much as he didn't like it, he had to.

 

 

You were at your locker, taking some books for your next class and listening to music with headphones. Your head was moving along with the rythm of the song you were listening to while you were tapping your foot on the floor. Not even aware someone was next to you, you whispered the lyrics louder than you thought. You kept on humming, ready to go to class and about to close your locker, when you bumped into that person. You immediately took off your hearphones and bowed.

 

«  I'm sorry ! I didn't see you »

 

You stood up back straight to look at the person when your heart stopped. Baekhyun, handsome as always, was giggling in front of you. Your eyes widened, what was he doing here ? Quickly gaving your hair a fingercomb, you felt your cheeks turning light pink. Baekhyun crossed his arms and smiled as he leaned against a locker. You cleared your throat and avoid his look.

 

«  You sing very well. » He said, teasing you.

 

Did that mean he heard you ? You closed your eyes, extremely embarassed.

 

«  I.. I didn't... » You tried to explain before giving up.

 

He laughed at your reaction, making feel even more stupid. You looked away, uncomfortable.

A small silence built up between you. You didn't know what to say, so you were waiting for him to talk first.

Baekhyun put his hand in his pockets before finally speaking.

 

«  I wanted to thank you. » He said, adding a small smile.

«  Thanking me for what ? » You asked, blinking.

 

He put his head on the side, in an adorable way.

 

«  For helping me with Mina's gift. I didn't know if you would accept to help me since we're not friends. But you did, and I'm really grateful. »

 

You didn't like how he was always reminding you that you weren't friends. You weren't the type to refuse to help people because you weren't intimate. But you simply nodded without protesting. You would have done everything for him. Even if you knew he didn't like you the way you did. Even if it was hurting you. Even if the pain was awful. You would have done everyhting, and you hated it.

 

«  No problems. » You replied with a fake smile.

«  I hope she's going to like it. » He whispered, more to himself than to you.

 

You helped him to buy a nice necklace. It was very soft, nothing too fancy, but you were sure it was at Mina taste.

 

«  She will. » You assured him.

 

The corner of his lips lifted. You were such a nice girl.

His grin stabbed your heart. You weren't sure you could deal with the bittersweet pain any longer. You may were nice, but you surely had your limits. And now, you were tired of being the good and broken-hearted girl. You wanted to go away, to leave and never see this smile again. But you were too stupid to listen to your reason.

You both stayed quietly when you suddenly felt an arm wrapping around your shoulders.

 

«  Hey ! » Kai exclaimed with his annoying voice.

 

You stared at him with surprise. What was he doing here and why the was his arm on you ?

 

«  What are you doing ? » He asked looking at Baekhyun and you.

 

That stupid jerk was wearing his best amused grin, totally aware he was interrupting something important. Baekhyun gave you a confused look. You said you weren't dating him and yet...

 

«  Nothing, just talking. » You replied rolling your eyes, annoyed.

 

In fact, you were glad to be saved from Baekhyun and the uncomfortable atmosphere. But Kai wasn't the hero you would have looked for.

The jerk spotted your eyes on him and lifted an eyebrow. You looked away.

 

«  Please, go on. » He said with a smirk, like he was really interested in your previous conversation.

 

You tried to escape from his arm but your agitation made him pulled you even more closer to him. Baekhyun looked at both of you and frowned.

 

«  I think I should leave. » He said, about to go.

«  No ! Please, stay ! » Kai stopped him with a faken warm tone.

 

Your eyes met Baekhyun's. You gave him a little smile, feeling sorry about Kai's behaviour. He simply smiled back and left. Kai was making the aura awkward and it was better to leave now before he made it worst.

 

«  Well, that was rude ! » Kai declared, removing his arm off your shoulders when Baekhyun was far enough.

«  You were rude, Kai. » You replied, slamming the door of your locker.

 

Kai smiled, leaning against a locker where Baekhyun used to be few seconds before.

 

«  Hmm... I like it when you're mad. » He teased you, smirking as always.

 

You slightly blushed, but ignored him. Grabbing your school bag, you were about to go in class when that jerk hold your wrist.

 

«  Didn't I forbid you to flirt with other boys ? » He asked, his dark eyes stabbed in yours.

 

He wasn't joking anymore. You looked at his hand and then back at him.

 

«  I do what I want to, Kai. » You replied, freeing your wrist from his touch.

 

And you weren't even flirting back then, so he had to calm down.

 

«  I still have the picture. » He coldly said.

 

You rolled your eyes. Of course he did.

 

«  No kidding. »

 

He ran his hand in his hair and sighed. You threw your bag on you shoulder and were about to go to class.

 

«  How is it going with Chanyeol ? » He suddenly asked, trying to lighten the mood.

 

You started to walk and Kai followed you.

 

«  Fine. » You lied after a moment.

 

Kai lifted an eyebrow.

 

«  So you're dating ? » He assumed.

«  Not yet. » You admitted, wincing.

 

Kai smirked, guessing you were having difficulties to seduce derpy Chanyeol.

 

«  I can give you advices if you want to. » He suggested with a smile.

 

You rolled your eyes. No thanks.

 

« How nice from you. » You retorted sarcastically, about to enter your classroom. « I have to go now, goodbye. »

«  I'm not joking. » He said, leaning on the wall.

 

You stopped and looked at him, not impressed. His evil smile was still on his handsome face.

 

«  Yeah. Whatever. » You shrugged, not really paying attention to his jokes.

 

You waved and enter the classroom. You had no time for stupid jerk like him

 

 

When the bell rang, you packed your stuff, ready to exit the room. You had nothing to do after school, so you thought you could meet Chanyeol or something. The project was progessing but that wasn't the reason why you wanted to see him. Kai's words irritated, you wanted to show him you could get a boy without his stupid advices. You started to wander in the school hallways, looking for a boy with puffy hair. You easily find him thanks to his height at his locker. You happily walked towards him.

 

«  Hey~! » You greeted him with a smile.

 

As soon as you reached his level, Chanyeol tensed.

 

«  Hi. » He replied with a half-smile.

 

He didn't even look at you, to busy searching something in his locker. Well, that was what you thought.

 

«  What are you doing afterschool ? » You asked, scratching your cheek.

«  I'm busy. » He coldly said, avoiding your eyes.

 

You frowned. This was one day of the week he was usually free. You winced and crossed your arms.

 

«  Really ? » You said, surprised.

«  Yeah. I have this..hum thing. » He lied, still not looking at you.

 

You nodded. This was the first time he was refusing to see you and you felt a little pinch in your heart. You tapped your finger on the wall, thinking of what you could say.

 

«  I have cookies. » You simply tried.

 

Chanyeol's light brown eyed didn't lighten up like they usually did when it came to food. He just kept on looking at his locker, like you were invisible. You sighed,without insisting. He didn't look like he was in a good mood and you didn't want to burden him.

 

«  Well... Hum... Have fun ! See you tomorrow. » You awkwardly exclaimed with a tiny smile.

«  See you. » He replied, closing the door of his locker.

 

With that, he left, not even looking or smiling at you. You stayed there quiet for a moment. You had no idea what was happening or what you did wrong. Was it because of yesterday ? You knew some people didn't like skinship, but since he barely noticed it, you assumed it wasn't the reason of his coldness. But if it wasn't, what was it ? You leaned against the wall. Maybe he didn't like cookies anymore ? Maybe he was just in a weird period ? Or maybe he didn't want to see you ? You bited your lips, confused. The only thing you were sure about was that you didn't like that side of Chanyeol and you hoped he wouldn't be to sad when you will broke up with him. He was a nice guy afterall, and you didn't want him to suffer too much because of your none existent dating relation. On that note, you walked off the school. You would buy brownies for him on your way back home.

__________________________