3 yrs later after I was taken away from my cage

Never Judge a book by its Cover

 

Yoona’s POV

It’s been over 3 years since she took me away from my cage. At first she was awkward, silent, rude and cold towards me. She would also leave me without any explanations and next day show up and say: “I have to leave the country you stay here and live the life you want. Bye.” I would and will always follow after her, and she would always have my things with her waiting for me to arrive. Even though we never really talked to each other the first two years she understood me. The problem is I never know what she’s thinking or planning. We grow closer in our third year together, she began to talk more and express herself. She acts like my big sister, which to be honest I really like. I’m really thankful to her; she has shown me so much of the outside world. But I still wonder why? Why did she choose to take me away instead of killing me? And she’ll always answer “You’re interesting.” She never gives a different respond it’s always to same, so I stopped asking.

“Yoona?” Her voice, it’s so sweet yet cold.

“Yes, Unnie?”

“How was school?” She asked looking at me as I walk into the living room. She kinda reminds me of those mothers who ask their child how their school day went. Sadly I never really met my mother. She left me when I was very young.

“It’s okay, but I just wish you would attend with me.”

“Yoona, you know I can’t.”

“Yeah, yeah. You need to work to support us. It’s just that I’ve been wondering.”

“What?” She replied in uninterested voice reading some files.

“You’re only a year older than me yet you’re earning so much money. You’re not doing anything illegal are you?” I asked in concern. “You know since we met when you were going to kill me.”

“That’s no need for you to worrying Yoona, I’m not doing anything that might hurt you.” She stated still focusing on the files.

“You still haven’t answered my question: What’s your job? It’s not something illegal right?”

“Yoona..”

“No! What’s your job?! You earn too much for a 16 year old. You are involved in illegal stuff aren’t you?”

“Yoo…”

“No! You’re not … not….not a prost..”

“Yoona!! Shut up!! And for your information, I would never sell my body. That’s just disgusting.” She said slightly irritated and made a face at the end which caused me to burst into laughs.

 

“hahahaha, I’m sorry Unnie it’s just that you’ve never really talked about yourself. You never talk about your job or why we suddenly have to move. And I’m just worried for you.”

“I know, and I’m sorry about that but you know you’re allowed to leave whenever you went. I’m not forcing you to stay be my side.”

“I know, and I want to stay be your side. You’re the only person who has given me the freedom to do whatever I want, but have also scolded me when I have done wrong. You’re like the older sister I have never had.” I said smiling at her.

“True but you really don’t need to.” She stated still reading.

“But I want to, besides you’re my only family Unnie.”

“haha, what would you do if I’m not the person you think I am?” She asked looking at me with eyes full of sadness pain and emptiness.

“It won’t matter, you taught me how to live and cherish my life. And gave me two very important things I’ve never had. Not even that man who’s called my father has ever given to me.” I beamed.

“What?” She asked confused with a frown.

“Freedom and love.” I stated with a big smile but slowly faded with what she said.

“Love, huh?” She looked away and seemed to space out. 

“Unnie?” I asked worried.

“Huh?”

“Are you okay?”

“It’s nothing. You should go to sleep now. You have school tomorrow.”

“Oh oaky. Good night Unnie.”

“Good night Yoona.”

 

Next Day

I wake up to find breakfast on the table and a note.

Sorry, I can’t eat breakfast with you Yoong.

I have important business to attend. I don’t know if

I’ll be able to pick you up today. I’ll let you know with a text.

Have a great day at school.

                  

                                                Unnie~

“Unnie, what’s your job? I’m really worried. Sigh Just hope we don’t have to move again.”

I ate and then get ready for school.

“Yoona!”

“Oh, hi Kris, Luhan.”

“You ready for the Spanish test?” They asked.

“Nah, not really. What about you two?”

“Nope.”

“hehe, well let’s hope we pass with a 60%.” Kris said crossing his fingers.

“hahaha, yeah.”

 We get into our class, take our test then start taking notes. I really don’t like school, one reason being I can’t make friends easily Kris and Luhan are my only friends here. I’ve been attending this school for about 6 months which is the longest time we’ve stay in one place.

“Break time!!” I shouted.

“Yo, calm down.”

“Yeah, it’s not break time right now.”

“What?”

“Today we’re on a different schedule.” Kris informed.

“Huh?” I’m confused.

“We’re on assumable schedule, meaning no 20 minute break and we only get lunch which is after 5th period.”

“What?! No!” I whined.

“Anyways we’ll you at lunch, bye.”

Man~ I have to hold my hunger until 5th period. I hope my stomach can hold it.  

 

5th period

Office aide enters my class and hands the teacher a note.

“Miss. Im Yoona please report to the main office. You have a guest waiting for you.”

“Okay.” Guest? Why would I have a guest? That makes no sense.

I arrive at the office and am surprised to find Unnie in the Principals office speaking with him. Strange why would unnie be here? Omo! It can’t be that she’ll be attending school with me. AH!! I’m so happy!

“Hello Yoona, now that she’s here have lunch.” He told Unnie.

“Yes, thank you.”

We began to walk out his office.

“So why are you here unnie?”

“I had something to talk with your principal. Anyways since I’m here I thought I might as well have lunch with you.”

“Really? Yay!”

“Let’s go eat, you must be hungry.” Unnie said walking out the door.

“Wait! Unnie!” I shouted running after her. Seriously how can she walk so damn fast?

“Where’s… oh never mind.” She said walking into the lunch area. Is it just me or is every guy checking out Unnie? Wait! Even the girls are checking her out! WTH?! O.o Nah, maybe they’re just surprise to see a new face on campus. Especially a Korean one. Yeah that’s it. Yep! There’s only 3 Korean’s in this whole school which are Kris, Luhan and myself.

We quickly got our food and went somewhere isolated. We ate and chatted. This is nice. I think if we went to school together lunch would be fun. ^_^

“Yoona.”

“Yes?”

“The reason I’m here is.” She stopped midsentence.

“What’s up, Unnie?” I asked curiously.

“I’m leaving the Country tonight.”

“When are you coming back?”

“No, as in I’ll be moving to another country.”

“What?!” I shouted. “Why? I’m going! Where? I’m soooo going with you!”

“Things came up. You don’t have to. Soeul, South Korea. You really don’t have to force yourself.”

“NO!!! I’m going! Besides I already told you. I’ll always be by your side, Unnie. You’re my only family.”

“Okay, we’ll leave right now.”

“What?”

“We’re leaving. I figured you’d come along so I already prepared everything.” She stated getting up and walking to the school lot. Aish~ still the same. Well at least we’ll be going to a country we have yet to live in. I just hope this is the last time. *Sigh* Unnie, what are you hiding from me?