Job Hunting

The Battlefield of Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR_iLNgrhLo

----------

After school, you went straight home and finished your chores.

Your stepmom and stepsisters were at the manicure shop relaxing.

You wiped the sweat off your forehead, “Done.” After taking a quick shower and dressing into comfortable clothes, you grabbed the job section of the newspaper and went out. As you roamed around the town, you highlighted possible employments. You looked around the map and went to each one.

One after one, you got rejected: “Too young.” “No experience.” “Too late.”

You bought milk and bread for a snack. As you chewed and gulped the food down, you circled more options. After charging up, you started job hunting again.

But it wasn’t easy and by the end of the day, you were back where you had started: jobless.

You sighed and trudged up the hill back to your house. Under the dim streetlights, you looked at all the X’s and O’s on the newspaper. “Not even one open spot?”

Suddenly, someone yanked the newspaper from you. You looked up in surprise.

L. Joe spun around and held the newspaper up to the light. “Jobs? You’re looking for a job?” “Yes.” You reached for the paper but he held it away, “Whoa. You went to a lot: bakery, café, cashier, cleaning lady.” L. Joe made a face, “Frankly, you’re too pretty to be a cleaning ahjumma.”

“Thank you.” You hopped up to take the paper but L. Joe raised it higher and unexpectedly whirled his face around. You gasped. You were so shocked that you stumbled onto his chest with your hands pressed up against his. His nose was touching yours. You were blinking fast and staring at his lips. A small smirk came onto his face and he gazed down at you. You bit your lip, jumped up, and snatched the newspaper away. You ducked away with your red face *Why does he keep appearing out of nowhere and making me all flustered?*

L. Joe followed you, “So which one are you working at?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter