Great Escapade

The Battlefield of Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksdZ0dgyKo

----

“~~~~~~!” Your stepmom blared.

You stiffened. “Otokae?!” You squealed.

"~~~~~~~!” Your stepsisters called.

“Go down first.” L. Joe whispered.

You quickly left, “Y-yes?”

“What took you so long?!” The twins snorted. “S-sorry.” You bit your lip. “Go get the shopping bags from the car.” Your stepmom said. *Shopping again?* You sighed and went to the car. You brought all 18 bags in and ran towards your room.

“~~~~!” Nayoung snapped.

“Y-yes?”

“Where’s my yellow sweater? You promised to iron it by tonight.” She growled. “It’s in my room.” You said. Nayoung rolled her eyes and headed towards your ladder.

“NO!” You blocked her. “What the hell?” She sneered.

“I-I’ll get it for you. Be right back!” You gave her a weak smile and scrambled up to the attic. You glanced around, “L. Joe?”

“Yeah?” He appeared from behind you. You jumped and yelped. L. Joe quickly cupped a hand over your mouth.

“What’s going on?!” Your stepmom yelled. “N-nothing!” You quickly responded.

“MY SWEATER!” Nayoung yelled.

“Coming!” You quickly went to find it.

L. Joe was hurt how you were panicking at their every order *This isn’t a family. But what do I know? I didn’t have a proper family myself.*

“Be right back.” You whispered and left. “Here you go.” You held the sweater out. Nayoung snatched it away without a ‘thank you’.

“You didn’t even get started on dinner?” Your stepmom raised an eyebrow. “I’ll do it now.” You glanced up at the attic and left. You quickly made omelet rice. Every time someone headed towards your room, you stiffened. “Why are you jumpy?” Your stepmom asked. “I’m not.” You assured but glanced at the attic anyways. In less than 30 minutes, the food was ready. You quickly put an extra plate on a tray. “Why are you in such a rush?” Kayoung asked. “I’m not.” You said again. Your stepmom raised an eyebrow *She’s being suspicious.* You took the tray up to your room.

“L. Joe?” You whispered. “I’m still here.” He got up from your bed. “Sorry.” You bit your lip, “I had to make dinner. Here. This is for you.” “Lucky me! I get to taste your sweet cooking!” L. Joe chuckled. The two of you sat down. He took a bite and you anxiously peered at him, “How is it?” L. Joe smiled and raised a thumb, “The best.”

You sighed in relief. But your face fell, “By the way, how do I get you out of here? Wait, can you jump out the window?” You asked.

“I already tried but I don’t fit through the damn, tiny window.” L. Joe took another bite.

“But my family sleeps late.” You bit your lip.

L. Joe shrugged, “Then I guess there’s no choice.”

“What?” You looked at him.

“I’ll just have to sleep here.” He smirked.

“NO WAY!” You yelled then quickly clamped a hand over your mouth. You heard someone coming up the ladder. “Quick! Hide!” You pushed L. Joe into your closet and slammed it shut. Kayoung popped her head in with a deep frown. You warily stood in front of your closet.

“What is all this noise?! We’re trying to have a peaceful dinner!” She yelled. “S-sorry. I was just talking on the phone with a friend.” You fibbed.

“You have friends?” Kayoung chortled. The closet doors opened but you quickly shut it. She snorted, “Who would want to be friends with you? You’re ugly, short, and stupid. All you know how to do is housekeeping and even that, you’re not really good at.” The closet doors opened again but you heavily leaned against it.

“And what the hell is up with your closet?!” Kayoung sneered.

“It’s broken.” You gritted your teeth. You used all your strength to keep L. Joe in.

“You work! Where did all that money go? Did you use it for plastic surgery because you still look the same to me: hideous!” She snapped.

“!” L. Joe hissed.

“WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?” Kayoung narrowed her eyes at you.

“I didn’t say anything!” You innocently blinked. She crossed her arms, “Hmpf. Well buy yourself a closet. You’re not expecting my mom to buy one for you, are you?” Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter