o1

Project Wedding

I was wearing black that day. My great aunt had died in her sleep few nights before and we were all paying our respects, sitting on the seats provided as the coffin was lowered into the ground.  I looked around. There were many people who were crying with scrunched up damp tissues in their hands to dab their eyes dry.

I wasn’t crying though. I barely knew her so really felt no reason to cry. As the service went on, i couldn’t help but let my mind wander away.

What was the point of life anyway? All I do at home is eat food, sit, sleep then go to school.

From what I knew, my great aunt was quite unlucky throughout her life. Especially her love life. My mom used to always tell me the story all time as a child; my great aunt, when she was younger, met someone.

It was apparent that the two of them hit off rather well and were even planning to marry.

That was until she got her heart broken by him. She couldn’t look at another man after that. Lonely till the moment she died.

I didn’t want that! Who would? Being forever alone with no one to love or care for you.

I wanted to be able to find a man that I love; the perfect man who would adore me for who I am for the rest of our lives together. The cogs in my head were turning and clicking rapidly. I knew exactly what I wanted!

I, Park Hyesu, would get married before the year was over.

 

Min laughed when I told her my plan the next day at school. I understand, I’m young, but I’ll be legal in a matter of months. Nothing will stop me then.

The look on her face was priceless though, but even she cannot change my mind.

I somehow used my creative skilled and then The Folder was born. It was purple and glossy and b with magazine cut outs of gowns and halls and centrepieces. But one piece of paper I shall cherish the most is of him.

I don’t know how but I somehow mixed up all the features of any appealing guy I found in a magazine. My masterpiece was stuck down with the most intricate detail. He was perfect. Tall, handsome and with a beautiful jaw line.

“If only he was real” Min criticized.

I scoffed lightly, “He’s real! I have this feeling that he is”

An amused laugh came from my best friend, “Alright, let’s bet that he does exist then,” she said, holding her hand out, “I’ll buy you five chocolate bars if he does”

I looked at her cautiously, looking down at her hand. “Meh, don’t want to”

She laughed again, taking back her hand, “Only because you know I’m right”

“Ok Min” I replied sarcastically. Min rolled her eyes, “You always say that and you know I hate it”

“Ok”

“Ugh, go away” Min huffed, trying her best to ignore me. Highly unlikely.

As we sat on the wooden bench near the school courtyard, something caught my eye. Well, someone if I was being precise.

My mouth could have dropped in that single moment when he walked through the courtyard. He was beyond gorgeous and his presence made an even bigger statement. I excitedly tapped--slapped--Min’s shoulder, grabbing her attention in an instance.

“Omo! That's him” I exclaimed, waving the paper in front of Min’s face to compare the two. She waved her hands, slapping the sheet away in annoyance.

“You’ve got to be kidding me! That guy? Good luck with that” she laughed, patting my shoulder sympathetically. I didn’t understand what she was talking about.  But someone as dreamy as him has got to be my future husband.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“I know guys like him and he, my friend, is not boyfriend material” Min tried to console.

I blinked, “Well that’s good then. I’m looking for husband material”

She sighed. I could already see the little anime teardrop forming on the side of her head. “What I meant is that he will NEVER agree to your silly plan”

“I beg to differ” I replied.

“Beg to differ all you want. It won’t change the fact that him, Kris, will not go out with you let alone marry you. He’s an odd character” Min said.

I puffed my cheeks thinking of defeat. But I wasn’t the one to give up easily...

 

 

“Challenge accepted Min! I’ll make him fall for me so hard that he won’t even see it coming!” I declared.

 “What? I never challenged you, weirdo” Min rolled her eyes.

I sighed, covering my face with my hands, “Let me have my moment”

She laughed, clapping her hands softly. I snuck another look at this so called Kris, who will be my future husband. Yup, it was definite. He’s my Mr. Perfect!

------------------------------------------

 

Quick update for y'all~

Hope you like it!

 

And the poster by meeeeeeeeeee

I looove it ^___^