Chapter 7

The Secret

It was him.

His outstanding lineaments that I could hardly put out of mind.

The street was sparkling bright when rows of grown-up public amusement were switched on with colorful lighted sign boards. Bars, clubs and hotels are always prepared to welcome you in. Drunks staggered along the road like they do not belong to anywhere whereas couples held onto each other walking into a remote hotel.

He was leaning against the light pole. His right leg was bending up, pressing onto the wall. He was looking down on the floor, in gasping his cigarette.

Please be him.

I took my first step forward. The high heels that Hara lend to me made a clack noise right at the bottom of the heel. It started to hurt my feet as I’m not use to wearing them. My hands wanted to reach out to draw his attention. However, I stopped as soon as a long blonde came running to him.

Even though it’s a distance apart, I could see the girl was down. She was miniature standing next to him. The concerned male straightened himself up from his position and threw the cigarette away. He spoke. I don’t read lips however his expression is obviously showing of his concern to her. He cupped her face with his left hand; his thumb was drawing one side to the edge. He seems to care for the blonde.

I didn’t like the sight of it. I wasn’t hoping for the next scene to illustrate. My heart skipped a beat. It did. The girl tipped on her toes to get closer to the male’s lips. She was placing passionate kiss on him. She pressed her lips hardly to his and embraced her hands around his neck, her moves were rough. She lean against him and placed her leg between his thighs. She desperately wants him to respond back. But he didn’t.

I was stunned as my leg naturally took a step back.

‘Hey! Watch where you’re going, !’

A huge drunken beard motorcyclist was cuddling his lady standing behind of me. I accidently bumped on him and stepped on his feet. I apologized. He didn’t like it; he pushed me aside with his single hand’s power. He was strong. I lost my balance and fell onto the ground. I twisted my leg.

Ouch!It hurts.

The loud commotion broke the male’s daze. He soon clearheaded from his present situation, he held the girl’s shoulder and pushed her away. The girl’s lips and hands were loosened away from his. He spoke. *I’m sorry.* The girl disliked how he turned her down. She chuckled coolly and walked off without living her last word.

The male didn’t stop her. He took the last glance of her and then slowly turned to me. I was sure that we exchanged glares on each other. I was still on the ground, trying to get up on my own. But the sharp pain tingled every time I move a bit. I wasn’t able to stand up. I pressed onto the swollen part. Arrhh!

 Grabs@#~

A pair of manly hand grasps onto my arms from the back. How I wish it was him. I turned to look. It was Seungri and the girls.

‘Cole! You okay?’ Hara was worried.

‘Yeah! After we came back from the dance floor, we didn’t see you at the barstool. The bartender said you came out. So we…’ Min explained.

‘I just wanted get some fresh air. But then, clumsy me tripped and twisted my leg. I guess I am still not used to them.’ I was referring to the heels.

They helped me up. I turned my head back. But, he was gone again.

*********************************************************************************

Where am I?I could hear my inner voice clearly. As I looked around, the surrounding was completely black and I can’t even see my fingers. Is anyone there? The echo of my voice was repeated a few times in a rather distance and softer tune. No one answer. I walked forward, without knowing where I will go to.

Suddenly, a tiny glow was twinkling in a far distance before my eyes. Is there where I could find my way out? I ran towards it. As I get closer, the light started to take over the dark and gradually went beyond it. The shine was offending to the eyes. Naturally I blocked them with my hands.

After I opened my eyes, the next thing I knew I was found on a surgery bed. I was tied up. Both of my hands and my legs. Now, the encircle was completely white. I tried to struggle them off but they were tied tight. A few doctors appeared around me. They spoke language I couldn’t understand. Plus, their faces were covered by mask; I couldn’t recognize anyone of them.

Soon, the middle one held up a sharp scalpel. They bend down to the perspective that my restricted movement couldn’t allow me to see their motives clearly. I felt hands were holding on my foot. First, it was something watery that drew against them. I smelled ink.

‘Who are you?! What are you doing to me?!’ I asked in panic.

I felt a pointy subject tracing along my foot.

Are they going to operate me?

‘What are you doing?!! Stop! Stop!’ I was terrified. I moved more violently this time.

However, the two others seize me tight against the bed. One of them who were holding onto my other foot, who forced onto it too hard that he twisted my leg.

Arhhh!!!!! I cried in pain.

Stop! Please! I wasn’t able to voice.

Stab*%#@!!!

ARRHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was awake. Beads of sweats were gliding on me. I quickly stood up and clicked on the lamp’s switch beside the bed. It brightens the area. It was a nightmare. It got frequent these days. I wasn’t able to sleep well because of it. I wiped off the sweats on me. The pain I felt was so real it seems that I had experience them before. Or maybe I did? I flip off the blanket and pulled my foot near to me.

What’s this?!

I was intimidated.

‘When did I have this cut?’ My entire body freezes right at the moment.

The scar on the bottom of my feet.

I was puzzled.

All of a sudden, snapshots of the nightmare I just had come flashing through my mind. My head started tweaking. Ouch! I taped my head. The animations were flashing in and out resembling of poor reception of a television program.

At this moment, moving pictures of I was at O’Beat Island begin to blend in, the awful stormy night when I staggered along the beach to meet him for the last time. I stepped on the broken glass. Now I remember.

Besides, scenes that I physically can’t recall had also come back to me. I was being supported by a pair of strong arms, one cradling my upper body and the other was wrapping my legs. My body was fire hot and my eyes were too tired; I was unable to stay awake. Before I shut me eyes, the last depiction I saw was him.

I did meet him that night. It was him who brought me back to the hotel.

*********************************************************************************

The day after, my leg was surprisingly healed. I was able to walk normally again. I decided to go to the club again. Maybe there’s possibility of meeting him there?

That day, after the school ends, I ditched Key again. I lied to him that I couldn’t accompany him again because of mom wasn’t feeling well. He was disappointed and I felt guilty.

I took a bus and soon arrived in front of Pump it Up Club. I didn’t dress up this time. I was in my casual Tees and jeans. I walked into the entrance. It was as smoky and shadowy as always. Music was pumping out loud while crowds were swinging their heads off. I squeezed through the throngs and headed to the bar counter.

‘Hey! It’s you again!’ The bartender recognized me even in my casual look.

‘Hey!’ I greeted him.

‘Alone?’ He asked.

‘Ya, I am looking for someone.’ I told him.

‘Oh! Great! Hey, I’ll come back to you. I have guests there.’ He winked and walked to the opposite side.

That night he didn’t appear in the club. I explored around but there were no sign of him. I stayed there for a few and chatted with the bartender.

‘Hey, I got to go now. It’s getting late.’ I took a look at my watch.

‘Oh! Go already?! That’s sad. Haha! Okay then. See you next time, Nicole!’ He gave me a stunning smile.

‘Bye Jaejin.’ I answered back with a sweet smile.

Once I left the building, I headed down to the main street, trying to catch a cab back home. It was 12 midnight; it was late contrasting the beginning for the adults. There isn’t any cab. I waited for awhile until…

‘Hey y! Alone tonight?’ A gang of drunken thuds came seducing me.

I tried to walk away and ignored them but I failed. The four men were surrounding me in, closer and closer. I was scared, desperate hoping for a cab to arrive soon. I want to leave this place instantly.

‘Hey! You look quite pretty! Don’t ya?’ One of them lifted up my chin and the other one placing his erted hands on waist.

‘Hey! Stop it!’ I yelled.

‘Hey dude! The girl asked you to stop it!’ He laughed.

I wasn’t comfortable with their surround.

‘Oh I’m sorry. Is this the part you didn’t want me to touch?!’

He then placed his hand on my hips and slowly lowers down to my bottom.

‘Stop!!!’ I defended myself by slapping on his face.

He hated when I did that.

‘You son of BXTCH!!’ He swayed back his clenched fist.

I dodged and shut my eyes tight. I’m dead.

Before he could lay his hands on me,

Punch@#$%~!!!!!

A big thud buried in his face.

I opened up my eyes wide.  It was someone I hoped for. He was standing right in front of me. His right hand was swaying as he just had his punch, he loosen his grip.

‘Hey! Mxther Fxcker! Who did that?!’ He was really angry now. His nose was bleeding and his face was swollen red.

‘Bro you okay?!’ The minor ones asked.

‘Do I looked okay to you?!!! Get that bastxrd!’ He yelled in anger.

The one guy that I was waiting for that night held my wrist and ran away before the others could lay their hands on us. His hand was manly secured. We ran as fast as we could. Across a few roads, down a street and… Where is he taking me? I wasn’t aware; all I did was just staring behind his back. I trust him.

Soon we stopped behind a dark quiet lane. We were breathless. The only noise was attended was our inhaling. He was still holding onto my hand.

Not for long, our breathing was back to constant.

‘Thanks.’ I said.

He finally let go of my hand. He didn’t answer me and walked off coolly.

‘Hey!’ I yelled.

After this long, I finally get to meet him again; I would never let this chance go.

I held him close from the back.

‘I miss you.’ I missed his scent, his secure, his gentle and his lips. If it kills, I would never loosen my hands and let him go again.

He placed his hands on mine and turned to me. He held on to them. We looked at each other. Even though we only spend a short time together but it was precious and memorable. He cupped my face.

‘I miss you too.’ He spoke.

He leaned his lips gently to mine. It was soft and gentle; we moved our lips lightly against counter parts, expressing how we missed each other. Then, I embraced my hands around his neck; I was pushed to the wall. His one hand holding onto my neck whiles the other beside my head, pressing on the wall. Our kiss started to turn more passionate. Our motion moved faster every second. He was rough and so was I, I want him badly.

I love this guy so much.