Chapter 10

The Secret

It was quiet. Neither one of us have the initiative to speak. It felt long through the distance while mom’s restaurant was just 5 minutes away.

~Flashback~

‘Nicole, will you date me for one more day before me willing to let go of your hands?’

~End of Flashback~

What’s wrong with you Jung Nicole! You suppose to break up with Key! Not giving him another chance?! Compassion could only bring situation to hesitant.How can you be so stupid, Jung Nicole!

I couldn’t accept the truth that I had already agreed to go out with Key again. I scratched my head, feeling frustrated of my decision. Urghhh~

I took a peek to the right. Jaejoong hasn’t spoken a word after I got into the car. Should I mention about the date? I tightened up my hands.

Jaejoong-shi…’I murmured.

We have finally arrived at mom’s restaurant. I inhaled and amassed my courage to speak out before leaving any confusion behind.

‘Jaejoong-shi, I…’ I paused for a sec. He pulled up the handbrake.

‘I am going out with Key tomorrow.’ I was waiting for his response.  

He didn’t seem to react. I guess I wasn’t that important to him. Why would he care for some girl like me? After all, he didn’t admit anything about me being his girlfriend. How silly am I?

‘I’m sorry of bothering you and thanks for the ride.’ I unbuckled my seatbelt.

‘Nicole, I trust you.’

I stunned.

‘Aren’t couples supposed to trust each other?’ Jaejoong asked while his steering wheel.

I wasn’t certain about my hearing.

He finally looked at me.

‘Jung Nicole. From this day onwards, you shall be my, Kim Jaejoong’s only girlfriend. No more doubts of it. I trust and respect the decisions you make.’ His firm eyes proved that he was certain.

After his words, I felt released.  The matter that I’ve worried most has been comprehended. I was pronounced as his girlfriend.

‘Jaejoong-shi, I love you.’ I was unconsciously in tears again.

‘Babo, I love you too.’ He gently wipes away my tears.

While his secured hands were cupping my face, he leisurely leaned over and kissed me.

‘Next time, call me Oppa.’ he motioned his lips against mine.

I smiled and kissed back.

I can’t deny you are the one that I love most in the world.

*********************************************************************************

‘You sure you don’t need me to wait for you?’ Jaejoong asked.

He was sending me to the mall where I was meeting Key.

‘I’m fine, really. I can go home myself, besides, I’m not sure what time will it end. So... don’t wait for me.’ I was double checking of my stuffs in the bag.

‘Okay than. Be careful, give me a call when you get back.’

‘Araso~’ I pecked on him before I left the car.

‘Annyeong!’

Here goes my last date with Key.

‘Hey. You’re here.’ Key greeted.

He looked as usual today. I hope there wouldn’t be any awkward situations like yesterday as I wasn’t ready for any of them.

While I was walking closer to him, he lifted up his hand. I was stunned and stared for a moment.

Should I?

‘Let’s go! We’re late for the movie!’ He quickly grabbed my hand and ran towards the cinema. I guess it wouldn’t hurt for the last date.

Fortunately, things went on pretty well. We both tried our best not to mention anything about yesterday and always kept a smile on our face. After the show, we grabbed lunch in a luxurious restaurant. The delighted taste of the food has drugged me to not think of any unhappy moments.

After lunch, we took a walk in the mall. While we were walking along the shops, all of a sudden Key increased his pace and pulled me along. He was really excited about something.

‘We’re here.’ We stopped outside of an accessories shop.

‘Wait here.’ He finally let go of my hand.

I took a seat at the bench outside.

I watched him ran into the shop, asking the salesgirl for the things he ordered. In no time, Key had got his hands with a beautiful glittering white box tied with a golden ribbon. He walked out to me.

‘This is for you.’ Key passed the box to me.

‘Me?’ I received the gift with both of my hands and expressed gratitude.

‘What is it?’

I slowly untied the ribbon and opened up the box. A shinning silver necklace was placed.

Nicole♥

‘Key…’ I was touched by the moment. However, I couldn’t accept his good intention, it might bring impossible hopes to Key.

‘Key, I can’t take this. We had already talked about this, this will be our…’ I looked up to him to clarify.

‘I understand. I just wanted to give you this as a memento. The last gift before I leave Korea.’

I was shocked.

He his neck and continued.

‘I will be migrating to America tomorrow. Surprising huh?’ He asked.

‘Why? Why do you have to leave? Is it because of me?’ I wasn’t expecting all of this.

‘Haha! A part of it. I was supposedly to be there a long time ago. Since my father has his career stabled over there, my mother wouldn’t want us to be apart. However I wasn’t grudge to leave all my friends and childhood memories in Korea. But…’

‘… the main reason of staying here, it’s still you. I didn’t want to leave you. In fact, I was actually finding a right moment to invite you to come with me. But now…’ Key lowered his voice.

‘Haha! Since, you already had someone who can take care and bring you happiness. What can I say, I can now leave Korea in peace.’ Key chuckled.

It’s obviously a forced smile.

‘Key, I’m sorry.’ I really don’t know what to say other than apologized.

‘Hey! Don’t be. I’m fine, you can still call me if you want, I’ll be glad. And happier if you say you had realize that I am much better than him. Haha!’ he teased.

Now, his joke makes me feel even guiltier. If I could love and care for him more, he wouldn’t get such hurt.

‘Nicole, look at your face! You had your eyeliner smudged. You don’t’ have to cry ,kay baby?’ He passed a tissue to me.

I was trembling while suffering through my sobs.

‘Haihh~ How I hope I could hug you tight into my arms now.’ Key patted on my head.

Key, you can. I wouldn’t mind if you hug me now. I wouldn’t mind it at all. My heart is hurting me so much. You are leaving and I couldn’t do anything to hold you. How awful am I?

‘The ladies is over there. Go fix them, I’ll wait for you here.’

*********************************************************************************

I was in the toilet cleaning the smudge ink on my face.

Ring~ Ring~ Ring~ Ring~

My cell rang. It’s Jaejoong.

‘Oppa…’ I answered with my sobs.

‘Babe, are you okay? What happen? Are you still in the mall?’ Jaejoong was worried.

‘I’m fine. It’s just…’

Slap!@#~! Fell…… SMASHED!@#!

Doooot………………

Someone behind slapped me and pushed me down the floor.

‘Ahhh…’ I moaned in pain.

‘Look who’s here?’

‘Jung Nicole, the dirty little bxtch from C Class!’ a voice from a girl.

I looked up. A girl, wearing strapless top with a pair of shorts was looking down, grinning at me.

‘Jess, how are we gonna get rid of her?’

Two girls came after, gazing at me with the same expression.

‘Who are you?’ I asked in a panic.

‘Wh… What do y… you want from m… me?’ I still couldn’t stop my sobs.

‘We are here to teach you a little lesson, Jung Nicole!’ The girl behind, passed the front one a small piece of blade. The sharp tip of the blade shines when it met the light.

‘What are you trying to do?! Get away from me!’ I was pushing myself backwards to further from them.

‘Are you afraid? Scream, panic! Noone will save you now.’ The other girl was heading to the front door.

Jae… Oppa… Help me!

‘I’m gonna ruin your pretty little face till no one could ever recognized you again!’ She bent down and grabbed my hair tightly while slowly caressing the blade against my face.

Ahhhh~!My heart was pounding faster and faster.

She smirked.

 ‘By then, our beloved Key, wouldn’t keep you by his side anymore!’ She continued her laugh.

‘Please don’t… Please.’ I couldn’t move back any longer. The wall… I was cornered.

Jae……

All of the sudden……

BANG!#%*#!!

Someone dashed in from the door.