Lost in Transit

Lost in Transit (Kris' Version)

"Guys. Where's Tao?" SeHun let go of Lu Han long enough to ask. Kris' head whipped around to do another head count, and in fact they were missing a person. "He was right here," Su Ho was suppose to look out for him in case he got seperated from Kris, that was suppose to be the deal. "We need to find him." Manager hyung said and started dialing somone on his phone.

He didn't wait for them to tell the group to split up or wait, instead he took off by himself. He could easily find his way out of this mess of an airport better than anyone else, the perks of being a native speaker. "Wu Fan come back!" A manager yelled but he didn't care. How could this of happened? Tao was right behind him when they arrived.

All the screaming girls were still standing around and started up again when they saw him. He didn't see Tao's black hair in the crowd of people. "Tao?" He yelled but it got mixed with the airport sounds and the mob of girls. Some of them even tried to grab hold of him, but he'd shake it off. His mind was on one thing and one thing only, finding the lost kid at any cost.

He was scared that maybe Tao got hurt or got taken by a pack of desperate fans. Maybe he already left the airport trying to find the others. Speaking of his teammates, he didn't see them anymore either. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out. The text read, "Look for him. We'll all be out at the front waiting. Please go quickly." He's the only one attempting a search.

Kris knew Tao well and he knew by now the kid would be an emotional wreck. Probably terrified and hungry, hiding somewhere from the obssessive girls. He tried calling the latter but it went straight to voicemail and Kris hung up. He was pissed off at the fact that Su Ho failed to do his one and only job. He was pissed at himself for letting go of the maknae in the first place.

Kris knew how much Tao depended on him for everything. It wouldn't have been so bad if he was lost in China or Korea because he'd find his way out of it. But Tao doesn't speak English and isn't the type to ask for help from strangers, Kris knew this from experience. In a last hope Kris tried calling him again, but slammed the phone shut when the call failed.

"ZiTao!" A fangirl squeel caught his attention and he headed in that general direction. His heart was in overdrive when he broke through the groups of people. "Tao!" Kris yelled. He was greeted with a full head of black hair, staring down at the floor. Kris grabbed the smaller's shoulder and pulled their bodies together. "Tao." He sighed.

Kris tried to ignore the pathetic whimpering Tao was making. "I'm sorry I left you." Wu Fan pulled Tao closer still, wanting to protect him like he'd fail to do before. "Why wouldn't you answer your phone?" Kris asked in his serious leader tone. "I-It's dead." Kris didn't need to ask when it died because it wasn't important at the moment. 

He relaxed a little when Tao reciprocated the firm hug. "Your not hurt right?" As much as he didn't want to, he pulled away from the younger to examine him for injury. "I'm not hurt." But Tao's face had pain written all over it. Kris hated this look the maknae got when he was angry. He could practically feel the anger radiating off the maknae.

"I thought SuHo had ahold of you. I'm gonna murder him."  He threatened with a slightly raised voice. "Everyone is looking for you as we speak. I got mobbed." Kris explained but Tao didn't look convinced. Kris took the oppurtunity to check himself over as well. He could feel his hair sticking to his forehead and neck, and the rip on his sleeve hadn't escaped his eyes.

"Please never do that again." Tao said in his normal low tone that alerted the leader to the hurt behind the voice. "Let's go before we're attacked again. I'll call manager." Wu Fan slipped his hand into Tao's and started pulling him towards the entrance. The van and the others came into view, a wave of relief resting over everyone. They exchanged their words of concern and apologies but Tao ignored them. 

Kris let go of Tao as the kid opened the doors and disappeared into the back of the van. Kris took the front seat and glanced back at Tao. ZiTao had this glare and pout on his face and the older knew what it meant. He was pissed off too. The whole ride to the hotel was too quiet for comfort.

======================

Tao's back was not the view Wu Fan wanted to stare at all night. The door cracked open and Chanyeol strode in casually. "Oh Chanyeol." The leader said. "Hey, do you wanna go grab a bite to eat?" At the mention of food Tao's stomach audibly growled and all eyes were on him. Poor kid hasn't eaten since before we boarded in Korea. "No thanks."

Kris saw Tao finally look at him, the scowl from earlier still there. "You sure?" Chanyeol asked as Sehun stuck his head in the room, "We're leaving now." He warned. "I'll stay with ZiTao." Chanyeol nodded and left the room.  "ZiTao are you mad at me?" Wu Fan asked and Tao just hummed a quick, "Hmm" as a reply. 

"I apologized already." Kris knew Tao was being stubborn and would come out of it soon, or so he had hoped. "You left me for Chanyeol." The hurt from earlier was making itself known in the younger's voice yet again. He knew Tao was right but argued,  "I didn't leave you for anyone." This only seemed to irritate the kid more.

"Yes you did. It took you forever to realize I was even gone." From his position on the bed he could see the tears on Tao's flushed cheeks. All he wanted to do was wipe them away but not while Tao was this mad at him.  "I noticed right away. I was looking for you the whole time." Kris spat back and sat behind the younger. Wu Fan hovered behind him.

"I was scared." The 'great wushu master' had admitted and Kris wasn't surprised. "Everyone was scared. I thought you got kidnapped." The older chuckled and laid out on the bed. "I could have been and you wouldn't have been there." He was still being too stubborn. "What do you want me to do? It's over now and I said sorry." 

"I'm starving." Tao rubbed his stomach and it grumbled in the silence. "Wanna go eat?" Kris offered as he needed to fill his own empty stomach. "Sure." A layer of the stubborn exterior disappeared and it made the latter smile a bit. "Wanna go out or eat in?" Again Tao responded with a simple humming sound. Wu Fan picked up the phone and saw Tao moving from the corner of his eye.

"I'll order room service then." His hand was flexing at his side as the phone rang. He tensed when fingers ghosted over his palm to hold his hand. "Gege?" A soft tug made him hang up and look down. "I'm sorry." Tao admitted defeat yet again today. "I don't know why I'm being so mean. Are you angry?" But who could be angry at that face?

"Panda I'm not angry." He ruffled the maknae's hair and kept his hand there. "I was terrified." Kris started. "I thought you got hurt and it would have been my fault. Not to mention all the fans." Tao nuzzled into his leader's hand. The yawn from the younger convinced Kris that Tao was over the situation and his anger. "Baby Panda is sleepy~" Wu Fan cooed.

"Shut up and I am not a baby." Tao huffed and pulled Kris back onto the bed with him. "Sure sure, whatever you say." And they both laughed for the first time all day. Kris sighed, "I'm sorry you got lost in transit." He understood that this can't happen next time because poor Tao would hate him forever.

After awhile Kris finally had ordered room service even though Tao had fallen asleep. He debated not waking him up because he wanted to stare at the cute baby face. Tao's eyelashes fluttered against his skin, framing his perfect eyes. Tao's stomach grumbled again and the younger sat back up. The room service came just in time.


A/N: So its shorter than the other one and shorter than I wanted. but it got written at least.