Chapter 3

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

JESSICA'S POV:

 

 

 

I was about to drift into dreamland when I heard someone knock on my door.

 

 I rolled my eyes."I don't need anything!"

 

 "Jessica, it’s me." a voice which probably belongs to my Dad yelled from outside.

 

 I sighed.

 

 What does he need?

 

 How many times do I have to tell him that I'm not going to marry anyone?

 

 Lazily standing up from my bed, I dragged my feet towards the door and opened it.

 

 "Jessica I have something to tell you."

 

I raised an eyebrow.

 

Well, that line is familiar. Now, I'm starting to hate it.

 

"If it's about that freaking marriage, I don't want to hear." I sarcastically said and was about to close the door when my father hastily answered.

 

"No! It's not about that."

 

 I widely open the door."Then what?"

 

 "I just want to tell you that from now on, I'm letting you do whatever you want. Shopping, go on the bar every night and everything. I'll not object."

 

 My jaw drops as my eyes widened in disbelief.

 

 Is this for real?

 

 My Dad...just told me that he's allowing to do whatever I want?

 

 "A-are you serious?"

 

 

"Yes." He answered but before I could flash my megawatt smile, he continued, “Because I hired you a bodyguard."

 

"What?! A bodyguard?" I exclaimed in disbelief.

 

What am I?

 

The daughter of the president?

 

A famous actress?

 

A Girls Generation member?

 

Hell! I don’t need a bodyguard!

 

"Yes! So that I'm confident that you're always safe."

 

Oh? So this oldie is just being sweet.

 

Well, he needs to. After making me super extra mad this morning.

 

 I chuckled."Dad, thanks for the concern but.. I don't need one. I can take care of myself."

 

 "No!" he countered.

 

Ugh! What happened to being sweet?

 

 "But Dad.."

 

 "I'm warning you, Jessica. If you continue on protesting like this, I'll withdraw all of my words. No shopping, No bar and No whatever!"

 

 I bit my lower lip.

 

"A-aah.. Dad.. Y-you're right! I think I really need a bodyguard. I've just realized that I'm too pretty to walk alone on the streets without a bodyguard." I muttered while faking a laugh.

 

"Good! Now go to sleep. Tomorrow, you're going to meet your bodyguard."

 

 "Okay Dad. Goodnight. I love you!" I happily exclaimed then closed the door.

 

 Yes! I'm free!

 

I can finally do whatever I want.

 

Yes! Yes! Yes!

 

I'm so happy.

 

But wait...

 

About the freaking bodyguard.

 

Hmm.. I don't have to worry about that.

 

I can make him go away with just one snap... But well, if he's handsome... I guess, I'll let him stay for awhile.

 

I giggled.

 

Aaah! I'm so happy.

 

I love you, Dad.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

A smile instantly appeared on my face as soon as my eyes opened and met the wonderful rays of the sun.

 

Yes! Today is the day!

 

I'm finally free!

 

Free as Paris Hilton!

 

After making sure that my morning marks had been washed away, I walked downstairs and proceed at the dining room to eat my breakfast but was surprised, seeing a girl just around my age sitting beside my father. 

 

I then halted my steps and just stared at the girl, examining her face.

 

Wow! Is she an angel?

 

She's really pretty.

 

I then checked myself and pouted when I noticed that I'm still in my pajamas.

 

 Now, I feel insecure.

 

Who is this girl anyway?

 

My father's new affair?

 

But she's too young.

 

Is she that desperate for money?

 

My face then instantly turned sour.

 

She's just putting her beauty into waste.

 

Just as I was about to walk near them, she suddenly looked up and instantly flashed a smile soon as she sees me.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

Who does she think she is to smile at me like we're friends?

 

Psh! I'll never befriend such gold digger.

 

"Oh! Jessica.. Good morning. Take a seat." my father smilingly said.

 

 I then followed what he said and sat on the chair in front of the girl. I noticed her still staring at me and so I shot her a glare but was surprised when she didn't even budge.

 

 Aaah! What the--?!

 

 She's not scared of me?

 

 "Who is she, Dad?" I finally asked.

 

'Your stepmother' I mentally answered my own question.

 

 He smiled."Jessica, I would like you to meet Yoona, your bodyguard."

 

 My eyes widened.

 

Woah! Woah! I didn't expect that. My bodyguard?

 

"Hello." the girl smilingly greeted as she slightly bowed her head."I'm Im Yoona and I'll be your bodyguard."

 

What the hell is this?

 

Seriously?! 

 

She's my bodyguard? Oh come on! How come?

 

Way too impossible!

 

 "My bodyguard.. is a girl? Are you serious with this, Dad? You said you want me to be safe but then you're entrusting me with a... girl?"

 

"She's a black belter." he firmly answered, definitely not wanting to argue.

 

 I let out a bitter laugh."And you believe her? Look at her Dad.. How can a skinny girl like her can be a black belter? She's just making fun of you."

 

 "JESSICA!" he scolded, glaring at me.

 

I blinked my eyes.

 

 Why is he mad?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter