Chapter 14

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

TAEYEON'S POV:

 

 

A frown appeared on my face, seeing Siwon comfortably sitting on the couch at the living room. Acknowledging my presence, he quickly set aside the bouquet of flowers he was holding before standing up from his seat. He dusted his well-ironed suit and flashed a bright smile.

 

"Oh hello! Goodmorning! You must be Taeyeon?"

 

I looked at him, slightly confused of why he's acting all nice in front of me. Plus, he mentioned my name.

 

"Yes. Why?" I coldly asked.

 

I don't want to be rude since I'm not in the position to do that but I just can't help it knowing that this guy in front of me will be Tiffany's husband.

 

I pursed my lips.

 

Yeah, Tiffany's husband.

 

If only I can confess to her and runaway with her, everything's going to be alright. But I can't. I can't just betray the man who helped me and my family. I owed him my everything.

 

"Then I'm glad to meet you, Taeyeon!" he happily exclaimed, extending his arm.

 

I frowned but just chose to accept the handshake.

 

What's with this guy? I'm just a maid! What's there to be glad meeting me? Maybe he's crazy!

 

And as if reading my mind, he continued."Mr. Hwang brags a lot about you."

 

Eyebrows knitting into a line, I asked."Really?"

 

What's there to be brag about?

 

"Yes."

 

As much as I want to ask for further details, I just decided not to since I really don't like talking with him.

 

"Okay. By the way, what do you need?" I asked, although I already knew the answer.

 

"I'm looking for Tiffany. Is she there?"

 

Just when I was about to answer, I heard light footsteps coming from the stairs. I tilted my head at the direction of the sound and saw Tiffany who still looks gorgeous even with those pajamas on.

 

"I don't entertain morning visitors, Siwon." she stoically said.

 

"Then let me be the only exception, Tiffany."

 

She then starts making her way towards our direction. I stared at her but she didn't even bother glancing at me instead, she just walked past by me to faced Siwon.

 

I can feel my heart crushed into pieces.

 

Why is she hurting me this way?

 

I want to cry. I really want to cry.

 

"I don't want to face my visitor, most especially you, with this kind of outfit."

 

Most especially you? Why?

 

Why Tiffany? Do you like him already?

 

He chuckled."You don't have to worry. You still look great."

 

I clenched my fist.

 

What am I still doing here?

 

I should leave now. Yeah! I will leave.

 

"Oh.. Where are you going, Taeyeon?"

 

I already have my back facing them when I heard Siwon asked me. I then slowly turned around.

 

"K-Kitchen. I-I still have to cook." I stuttered, knowing that Tiffany's gaze were on me.

 

"I see. It was nice meeting you again, Taeyeon!"

 

I just politely bowed my head as a response before leaving.

 

But not totally leaving....

 

I hid myself on the nearest corner and carefully poke my head out.

 

"Aahh! I almost forgot! Tiffany, this is for you." he smilingly said as he handed the flowers to Tiffany.

 

"Thank you but you shouldn't have bothered. I'm not that fond of flowers." she informed, still with her stoic face.

 

"Really? Then would you mind telling me what should I bring the next time I visit?"

 

"A Key."

 

"Key?"

 

"Yeah. A key to a house or a car is enough."

 

I stifled a laugh.

 

Is she serious?

 

Amused, he scratched the back of his neck."If that's the case then I think I can only visit you once in a month."

 

"I'm just kidding."

 

"I know. But Tiffany, do you dislike me that much?" he seriously asked.

 

She frowned."Why?"

 

"We've been talking for more than a minute but you're so stingy to share your smile. I've tried cracking jokes but--"

 

"I don't smile." she quickly intervened.

 

"A bubbly girl. That's what your father told me about you."

 

"That was before. When there was still a reason to."

 

I froze on my spot.

 

Fany-ah...

 

Slowly, he inch closer to her."Just give me a chance, Tiffany. I promise to bring back that little curve on your lips again."

 

"S-Siwon?"

 

He flashed her a genuine smile before glancing at his wristwatch."I have to go now. I'll fetch you here at 5pm after my work, okay?"

 

"What for?"

 

"Our first date."

 

I weakly leaned on the wall after retreating my head back. I closed my eyes, trying to contain the liquids that were about to shed but failed miserably when I felt a tear rolled down on my cheek.

 

Siwon..

 

He's a nice guy. I'm sure he'll be a perfect husband for Tiffany.

 

A faint smile flashed on my face.

 

Now, I'm much confident to let her go.

 

 

---

 

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

I'm currently sitting on the terrace, waiting for a certain lazy girl to wake up from her deep slumber.

 

I shook my head.

 

That girl! It's already nine in the morning and she's still asleep?

 

Anyway, I wonder what her dream is. Is she dreaming about me?

 

I grinned but was then replaced by a long deep sigh when I scroll at the phone which Jessica gave to me and found Yuri's number on the contacts.

 

I typed 'Good morning' and I seriously had a hard time deciding whether to send it or not but still ended up pressing a certain key on my phone which leads my message to be on the sent items.

 

I nervously tap my foot under the table while occasionally glancing at my phone, checking if there's any message when I realized something.

 

Aish! Idiot! How could I forget to tell her who I am?!

 

I just shook my head before typing 'This is Yoona' and send it eventually.

 

After a minute, I checked my phone to see if there's a reply only to be disappointed.

 

I sighed.

 

She's now a busy person, Yoona. She doesn't have the time to entertain you anymore, okay? So stop expecting.

 

I sipped on my coffee, anxiously.

 

The words that she told me yesterday start ringing on my head.

 

'I know you broke up with me

because you want me to pursue my

dream. And I, being an ambitious girl

as I am, didn't do anything to make up

with you, instead, I still chose to leave

you.'

 

Leave me.

 

 

 

 

A faint smile formed in my lips as I watch the girl across me devour her food. Realizing that I was staring at her, she lifted her head and looked at me quizzically.

 

"What? You're not going to eat?"

 

I looked down at my food before nodding my head as a response. As far as I know, I did not eat anything and was really starving when I went here but it seems like seeing her suddenly filled my stomach.

 

Her eyes sparkled."Really?"

 

I chuckled and slightly pushed the plate to her. She extends her arm, acting to get my food but I know her better.

 

"I'm just kidding. Eat that." she ordered, looking at me intently.

 

I smiled."I rather eat you, Yuri-ah."

 

Eyes widened and face flushed from embarrassment, she scolded."Yah! You're so scandalous!"

 

I tried to smile but it only ended up as a sigh which caught her attention. She worriedly gaze at me, somehow asking what's the problem.

 

I don't want to make myself more miserable. I have to end this.

 

"Yul.." I started by firmly holding her hand.

 

She stares at me. And by that stare, I know she already has a clue on what I'm about to say.

 

I bit my lower lip, preventing a tear to roll down when she tightly grip my hand and shook her head to disagree on my future statement.

 

I don't want to do this anymore! Yes, Yuri. Let's not just break up. I want to be with you. You're the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

 

But...

 

It's your greatest dream. I know how you've work hard just to achieve it. And now that the opportunity is knocking on your door, tell me how can I be so selfish to dissuade you?

 

"Y-Yul.. Let's--"

 

"No!" she quickly countered, slightly raising her voice."D-Dont. Don't do this, Yoongie."

 

I looked away."Let's stop this, Yul."

 

She firmly shook her head."No! I choose you! To hell with that freaking offer! I just want to be with you and I'm not going anywhere."

 

"Don't say that, Yuri! I'm not breaking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter