Chapter 13

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

JESSICA'S POV:

 

 

"Y-Yoona?" Yuri mumbled which made my frown grew to the extent.

 

"Yuri.."

 

My eyes widened in surprise after hearing Yoona's soft voice. I alternated my gaze to them, hoping to get an answer for my curious mind but then they just remain baffled.

 

I gulped.

 

Do they know each other?

 

But...that's impossible!

 

How could a famous actress like Kwon Yuri knew someone like……… Yoona?

 

"W-What's happening here?" I tried to ask only to get ignored.

 

I pursed my lips in annoyance.

 

This is not right!

 

With that, I slapped my bodyguard's shoulder which finally woke her up from her reverie.

 

She looked at me quizzically as if asking what had happened.

 

I rolled my eyes. This idiot!

 

"Do you know each other?"

 

"Huh?" she asked as she tilted her head back to Yuri only to get surprised once again but before she could freeze like an idiot there again, I alertly slapped her.

 

"Yah! Can you please tell me--"

 

"How are you, Yoona?"

 

My words automatically dropped after hearing Yuri's soft voice.

 

I shifted my gaze to her and was struck seeing her all smiles face as if there were cameras in front of her.

 

"I'm fine." Yoona confidently answered."Do I still need to ask the same question to you?"

 

Yuri just laughed as a response and went to look at me."Hello! I'm Kwon Yuri and you are?"

 

"Jessica." I coldly answered.

 

Argh! What's happening with me?

 

Kwon Yuri is my favorite actress and I really idolize her.

 

But..

 

But why am I giving her a cold shoulder now?

 

"Yoona's...?" she asked, curiously eyeing me.

 

I secretly glared at her.

 

Why does she care?!

 

"I'm her bodyguard, Yuri." Yoona quickly answered for me.

 

She frowned."What?!"

 

Why? Do you have any violent reaction about that?

 

"Bodyguard."

 

Yuri was about to open when loud screams were suddenly heard. Her eyes widened in shock seeing bunch of people approaching towards our direction.

 

She then quickly held Yoona's hand."I'm sorry but let me just borrow your bodyguard for awhile." she told me before running away with Yoona.

 

"Aahh! Ms. Jung! Wait me there!" Yoona managed to yell while she's being dragged by Yuri.

 

I just stared wide-eyed at the place where I last saw them. My hands balling into a fist as I looked at the shopping bags that scattered on the floor when that Yuri dragged my bodyguard.

 

"Yah!" I furiously screamed as I kicked the nearest paperbag away from me.

 

Just then, my phone suddenly rings. Still irritated, I fished my phone out of my purse and read the message.

 

From: Idiot bodyguard

 

Ms. Jung, I'm sorry but I don't think I can still go back there as early as you want. We've gone too far. So I've contacted your driver and told him to fetch you there. Don't go anywhere and just wait for him, okay? I'm really sorry.

 

"We've gone too far?!!" I exclaimed in disbelief as I stared at her text.

 

What was that?!

 

Argh! How dare she leave me and go with that actress just like that?!

 

Im Yoona..you're fired!

 

I'm seriously going to fired you!

 

You'll see!

 

 

----

 

"Yah! What took you so long?" I yelled at our driver who just went out from the car.

 

"I-I'm sorry, Ms. Jung. I-It's quite traffic on my way here." he nervously answered as he collected all the paperbags on the floor.

 

I ignored him and just get inside the car.

 

 

 

I got off the car as our driver nervously opened the door for me.

 

"Give me the key." I coldly ordered.

 

"W-Why?"

 

"Just give me the key!!"

 

With trembling hands, he handed me the cold metal thing.

 

"You're fired!" I said, walking back inside our house.

 

The maids, who had just witnessed the scene, nervously greeted me.

 

"G-Good afternoon, M-Ms. Jung!"

 

I glared at them."What's so good in the afternoon?! You're all fired! I don't want to see all of your faces, got that?" I furiously exclaimed as I aim towards the stairs but stop when someone called me.

 

"M-Maam.."

 

I then turned around only to see an almost crying Hara.

 

"A-Am I included?"

 

I closed my eyes to calm my breathing.

 

"No. You'll stay." I weakly answered as I dashed towards my room.

 

 

----

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

I nervously tapped my foot under the table while furtively glancing at the girl who's busy stirring her coffee in front of me.

 

I gulped.

 

How could someone still look so pretty despite wearing sloppy clothes?

 

Only Yuri.

 

Her eyes, nose, lips... Everything about her is perfect!

 

"You know it's not nice to stare at someone." she muttered, eyes still on the coffee.

 

I smiled."Can you blame me?"

 

She then finally looked up to face me and smiled back."Yoongie~ I miss you!"

 

My heart skipped a beat.

 

Yoongie?

 

"I-I...mi-miss" I tried to say but shyness got the best of me. I just scratched the back of my neck and looked down."H-How are you, Yuri?"

 

Her eyes glint with sadness as she looked away, not bothering to answer my question.

 

"Y-You must be very happy."

 

"Yes, I'm happy."

 

I smiled."I knew it. I just want you to know that I'm also--"

 

"In front of the cameras."

 

I frowned."What are you saying Yuri?"

 

"I should've known that being an actress was never an easy task. I thought actors were very happy because of all the attention they're getting. But now that I've finally became one of them, I've started regretting my decision of leaving you."

 

"You didn't leave me. Don't blame yourself."

 

"I know you broke up with me because you wanted me to pursue my dream. And I, being an ambitious girl as I am, didn't do anything to make up with you, instead, I still chose to leave you."

 

"Don't say things like that, Yuri." I said in a firm voice."This is your dream and I know you're now happy. Let's not just bring the past. I'm not blaming you or anything, in fact, I'm happy at what and who you are right now."

 

"Yoongie..."

 

"I saw the sincerity in your eyes when you said that being an actress is your dream and I also witnessed your determination on achieving it. So don't tell me now that you're giving up just because everything didn't turn out like what you've expected. Life is tough and I know you know that."

 

She looked at me thoughtfully before nodding."It seems like you've changed a lot, Yoongie."

 

"What do you mean by that?" I inquired, narrowing my eyes at her.

 

"Your insights can now be really helpful to others." she answered, gracefully taking a sip on her coffee.

 

"Then are you saying that I'm not that helpful before?"

 

"Do you think your childish thoughts before were helpful?"

 

"How dare you!" I pouted as I diverted my gaze from her, earning a brief chuckle.

 

"By the way, who really was that girl with you earlier?" she curiously asked.

 

Aah!

 

I forgot! Jessica!

 

I wonder if she's already home.

 

That girl will surely scold me once I got home.

 

Oh Wait! Yuri was asking me about her. What should I say?

 

I pursed my lips.

 

Should I tell her the whole truth? Since I know she's not going to believe if I just tell her that I'm that girl's bodyguard.

 

How could a rich businesswoman like me can be someone's bodyguard?

 

That's just pretty impossible to believe.

 

She's my fiancée.

 

Argh! No!

 

She'll be hurt if I tell her that I'm already engaged with someone.

 

I blinked my eyes.

 

Wait! What am I thinking? Why she will be hurt? I mean, I know she had already moved on. In fact, she's dating Minho, right?

 

"Yuri, the truth is..." I started saying while looking intently into her eyes, watching what will be her reaction once I finish my sentence."....she's my fiancée."

 

And yes! I witnessed how her shining face turned pale after hearing my answer.

 

I f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter