Chapter 1

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

JESSICA'S POV:

 

 

 

Some says that it is impossible for someone not to get tired of something especially if you keep on doing it everyday. But as I looked at my reflection on the mirror, I feel like wanting to gather all of those people who believe in that saying and make them look at me throughout the day.

 

Hmpf! Let's just see if they will ever get tired staring at a beautiful creature like me.

 

Gently walking towards the small table beside my bed, I took my phone and quickly dialed a number. A couple of rings and the call was connected.

 

"Hey Tiff.." I whispered, not wanting anyone to overhear what I'm about to say.

 

"You're ready, Jessi?" came a suspicious question from the other line. And I can already imagine her raising an eyebrow.

 

"Of course! How about you? Where are you?" 

 

There was a brief pause before she answered."Still at our house." 

 

"What?!"

 

"Why? Don't tell me you've already managed to escape?"

 

"Not yet. But hey, I can do that without sweat." I said, confident smile playing on my lips."Dad's not here."

 

"So is mine, but...." she trailed off, carefully whispering the next words."There's this irritating girl again." 

 

"Irritating girl?!" I frowned."You mean...the daughter of your maid?" 

 

"Yeah. Who else? I really think she's spying me. I mean, everywhere I go I can always see her in the corner of my eyes. You know, like some creepy stalker. Psh! Really irritating!"

 

"Seriously?!"

 

"Seriously."

 

I groaned."Want me to hire someone to salvage that girl?" I joked. But seriously, If only killing people doesn't break the law, I would have killed that girl right at this very moment.

 

"Please do."

 

I sighed."But...why are you letting her control you? She's just your maid!" I burst out but quickly went to clasp my hands on my mouth when I realized that I had raised the range of my voice.

 

"Yeah. But I already told you, she's clo--"

 

"Hush.." I ordered when I suddenly heard shuffling of feet outside."Wait. I think there's someone. I will just call you later. Try your best to get rid of that girl, okay? She's just your maid! Don't let her control you. And also.. Don't forget to call Sooyoung. Bye!"

 

With that, I hastily jumped on my bed and covered my body with a blanket just in time before the door opens, revealing Hara- one of our maids. 

 

"What do you need?" I coldly asked. 

 

"Ms. Jung, your father called and ordered me to check if you're already asleep." 

 

"Tell him, I am."

 

"But you're not, Ms. Jung." she countered, slightly pouting. 

 

I glared at her."Just tell him!" 

 

"O-okay." she nervously answered and was about to walk away but halt when she seemed to notice something. 

 

"What?" I asked, following her gaze. And my eyes shot wide open with what I saw.

 

My freaking blanket didn't reach my feet! And guess what? I'm wearing heels! 

 

Tch! Seriously!

 

I let out a nervous laugh."Oooh.. I forgot to remove my heels." I reasoned as I sat on my bed and pretend like I'm removing my footwear but momentarily stopped after realizing that I've just made another mistake. 

 

The blanket that covers my body slid down when I sit which caused to reveal my outfit. 

 

I bit my lower lip.

 

Seriously!

 

But I have to get off of this if I want to have some fun tonight. 

 

"Oh! I forgot to change." I quickly explained and walked towards my dresser to take a pair of pajamas. 

 

I then look at her and frowned, seeing her still standing beside my bed. 

 

"What? Do you want me to change in front of you?" 

 

She just remained standing on her spot, contemplating if she should just let me go or not. Well, I don't think she's that dumb to still not have an idea that I'm planning to break-free tonight. Then after a minute, I heard her sigh in defeat."Okay, Maam. I'll go. Have a GOOD SLEEP, Ms. Jung" she said, putting an unbelievable kind of emphasis on the words 'Good sleep'.

 

I was about to react when she quickly rushed out from my room.

 

I just shook my head in disbelief.

 

Are maids these days really that ambitious? Psh!

 

Once again, I dialed Tiffany's number just to make sure I'm not going alone."Tiff.. What now?" 

 

"I'm on my way." 

 

I smiled. I wonder what kind of magic she'd use to get rid of her maid.

 

"Good. Wait me there, okay?" 

 

"Yeah." she answered then quickly hang up. 

 

I stared at my phone incredulously. 

 

How dare she--?! Tch! Whatever!

 

I just shrugged it off and hurried towards the terrace of my room. Leaning on the railings, I looked down. 

 

Too high. 

 

But thank God there's this tall tree in front of my room. And for now, like my every night routine... 

 

I gently climbed on the railings and jumped on the tree. I cringed in pain when my most sensitive part hardly landed on the limb.

 

Ugh.. I hate this life!

 

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

 

 

"Jessi.. Here!" I heard someone shouted. 

 

I turned to look at the owner of the voice and smiled, seeing Tiffany happily waving with Sooyoung beside her.

 

Walking towards them, I noticed Sooyoung glanced on her wristwatch. 

 

Oh yeah! I guess she's about to rant. 

 

"I can't believe I've wasted 45 minutes waiting for you.. And oh.." she paused, looking at Tiffany."You as well. Since you're just a minute earlier than Jessica."

 

"What minute?" Tiffany quickly denied."I'm here for the past three minutes, okay?"

 

I just kept quiet and watched them banter. I'm too excited to party to get involve in their drama anyway.

 

"Your three minutes can't compare to my forty five minutes!"

 

"Whatever! You're just lucky because unlike us, your parents are not strict." 

 

"Fine. Stop the drama." 

 

I then turned to look at Tiffany."Hey! Speaking of strict parents how did you manage to get here?" 

 

She smirked."Easy. I just acted nice and gave that irritating girl a drink...with a sleeping capsule on it." she answered, proudly grinning.

 

A big smile formed on my lips, showing how I'm just as proud as her at her achievement.

 

"Waah! That's so smart of you, Tiffany." Sooyoung commented. 

 

"But.. Seriously.. That girl is really getting into my nerves. Hey! Can you imagine a maid who acts like your parents? No! She's even stricter than my parents!" 

 

"Why don't you just tell your Dad to fire her?" Sooyoung asked, frowning.

 

"Didn't I tell you a hundred times that my father and that maid is really..as in really close to each other that I'm even starting to think that her mother which is also our maid had an affair with my Dad in the past and that irritating girl is the seed of their love that's why my father cares for that irritating girl so much." 

 

I made a disgusted face."Having an affair..with your servant is.. Eeeww." 

 

Sooyoung pouted."If that so, the irritating girl which you're talking about..is your stepsister." Her eyes sparkled."Wow! That's cool!" 

 

I rolled my eyes."What's so cool with that?" 

 

"It's cool because her stepsister is serving her, just like Cinderella!" 

 

"Cinderella my !"

 

"Yaah.. Stop that. Let's just get inside. I'm sure guys in there are waiting for us!" Tiffany said, smirking.

 

"Yeah! Let's get the party started!" I cheered as we stepped inside the bar. 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

After spending the whole night on the bar, I secretly went home, occasionally glancing to each sides just to check if there's someone but luckily, I think they're still sleeping.

 

Hmm.. Anyway, I wonder if Dad's already here. If he is, then I'm dead. 

 

I then walked towards the tree in front of my room in tiptoe just to avoid any noise. Once I've reached the tall tree, I started carefully climbing up.

 

Aish! I hate this!

 

We have a door but why do I always have to climb up and down on this tree just to get in and out of my room?!!

 

Anyone who would see me in this kind of state will surely think I'm a monkey.

 

Well, A beautiful monkey that is.

 

Argh! Yes! I'm almost nearing my room. I can finally take a rest and pretend like nothing happen. 

 

I'm near to it! 

 

I'm really near to-- 

 

"JESSICA JUNG!!" 

 

My eyes grew wide.

 

My body started trembling.

 

That voice!

 

Why is he here?!

 

He's supposed to be on his secretary’s condo at this time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter