Their Get Together

The Heir's Love Story

 

It was a sunny morning, and milady Seohyun’s mood complements the weather. It was an unusual vibe for Dr. Xi to face the young milady with such kind of mood since she’s often dismal if not sad. Thus, he was happy to see his patient in such kind of mood – it is good for a pregnant woman to be happy.

She was eating her oatmeal and vegetables well, unlike the previous days which she just plays on her meals with her utensils. ‘’It’s good to see that you’re eating your meal properly Mrs. Kim.’’ The young physician complemented her as he takes down his daily chart of his patient.

‘’It’s been days, and I feel perfectly fine now Dr. Xi.’’ She replied, after eating a spoonful of her honeyed oats, ‘’I’m already bored. I want to go home already.’’

The young physician smiled widely seeing her honest bored reaction, ‘’Even if you don’t tell it boldly Mrs. Kim, it’s written all-over your face.’’ But his bright facial expression eventually changes as he continued,’’ But I’m afraid that I have to let you stay in here for a couple of days since I still need to monitor if you are still experiencing uterine irritability.’’

‘’The last time it happen was when it was second day in here, it has been three days and I think I already rested well.’’

‘’You can say that.’’ He replied unconvinced. ‘’…but knowing your restless nature Mrs. Kim you’re going to stress yourself with the academes as soon as I let you go home.’’

‘’Stress is inevitable in my lifestyle especially that I’m about to take board exams sooner.’’ She defended herself.

He cackled putting his pen inside his lab coat’s pocket, ‘’See? That’s why you need to rest a little bit longer.’’ Then he faced Wu Fan who was sitting beside her and began reminding him his prescriptions. ‘’Don’t forget to make her take her medicines Mr. Wu, especially Promethium  thirty minutes after each meals.’’

‘’Thank you Dr. Xi.’’ Wu Fan was replied, as he mentally noted what the young physician just told him.

He warmly smiled at the two as he flipped the board of his chart close and gently patted his patient’s crown, and like a little girl he began reminding her for the last time, ‘’Please take a good care of yourself Mrs. Kim, and oblige with all my prescriptions and instructions. I will not like those little angels inside you complain that their mother is the reason why they came on earth as sickly human beings in the future.’’ He turned to the mysterious gentleman again, ‘’I’ll take my leave Mr. Wu.’’

Wu Fan shook hands with the young physician, and expressed his gratitude once again, ‘’Thank you very much for being a good doctor to Joohyun.’’

Luhan waved his hand, and jested ‘’…don’t mention it. Joo Hyun-ssi is a friend to me though we both know that she is really stubborn.’’

‘’I’m not.’’ She childishly complained.

‘’You are.’’ The gentlemen said in unison.

 

As Dr. Xi leave the room Wu Fan opened the television for them to watch the morning news, few days have already passed yet the rumor between him and Soo Jung was still surfacing everywhere.

Joo Hyun resumed eating her food; she was not really paying attention with the showbiz news on the television since she was already fed up irritating herself over the matter. The mysterious gentleman’s hand phone that was on the wooden table adjacent to the hospital bed vibrated so he reached for it and read his new message.

 ‘Oppa, we’re still the hottest topic. Are you watching KBS morning news now? If not, open the TV! From: Soo Jung.’

Reading the heiress’ message a smile immediately crept on his face. He tried to hide but he finds her SMS very silly that he couldn’t stop himself from smiling.

‘Yes, I’m watching now. The media is really funny don’t you think? You and Jong-In did not visit us again, you better go here. Then let’s eat ice cream again, my treat.’ he replied sheepishly smiling.

Both of them continued exchanging messages from each other for almost an hour. Wu Fan did not notice that Joo Hyun was silently watching him until she broke out and asked him, ‘’Who is it oppa?’’ she grabbed his hand phone his hands.

It was not usual to see Wu Fan smiling like a silly person that it really made her curious. ‘You said it’s your treat –‘ she tried reading the opened message but was not able to finish it because he immediately shawl the hand phone from her hands.

‘’Oppa, why?  Let me read it!’’ she complained, stealing his hand phone from him again.

‘’It’s nothing Hyun.’’ He nervously hid the phone deep down his pants’ pocket.

‘’You’re hiding something from me.’’ She was definitely unconvinced with his excuse, Wu Fan is not the type to hide things from her, especially now that things between them are all out in hand. ‘’It’s Soo Jung… I guess.’’

An awkward atmosphere created silence, as if she’s reading him and he was reading her he knew that he already made her feel upset for keeping in touch with the heiress. Well, until he decided to broke the silence between them and spoke, ‘’Soo Jung, Hyun, she’s also dear to me.’’

‘’I said that I hate it when you are with another girl!’’ she furiously bellowed as she turned her back and covered herself with the thick comforter of her hospital bed.

He slid down his hand inside the comforter and reached for her shoulder, he tried to calm her but Seohyun would just keep shoving his hand off of her.

‘’Hyun, there’s nothing I can do if you feel that way. But soon you’ll understand why it’s better if I become closer to Soo Jung.’’ He calmly let it out laying himself beside the upset milady.

Another few moments of silence have passed, Seohyun was really deranged and offended with what he said, and she could not understand why the mysterious gentleman was seemingly having a change of heart.

‘’Just when I realize that I should consider things around me including you…I really cannot get why you are suddenly turning to Soo jung.’’

He turned to her direction and hugged the covered milady as he started explaining, ‘’I can take care of you now, but when Jong-In realizes that he needs to go back to you, you should understand that I cannot stay by your side anymore Hyun.’’ He then nuzzled his head in her hair and closed his eyes. ‘’Do you know that I once wished that he will not come back? But I realized that it’s selfish.’’

She was definitely surprised with his honesty as she briefly made a small stance between them as she face him, she asked, ‘’But do you still for that now?’’

‘’All of us will be happy if I desire for what’s right Hyun.’’ He smiled bitterly. ‘’if I came to love another girl in the future, you should not feel upset about it, since firsts are unforgettable.’’ He jested. All he said stabbed him back knowing that his feelings for her never wavered even once. It was definitely wrong to fall deep for his brother’s wife, and holding back his feelings is his way of making things right.

With what he just said, she chose to remain silent.

He patted her head, and smiled. ‘’ Chanyeol, Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona will visit; I don’t want to ruin your day Hyun. Let’s not talk about it anymore.’’

 

 

 

‘’Will you turn off that television? You’re enjoying it too much, huh?’’ Jong-In sarcastically approached Soo Jung who was sitting comfortably on the kind-sized couch of the entertainment area pre-occupied reading her messages on her mobile phone. It has been several days, yet the issue between her and Wu Fan dating each other had not died one bit. Also, it has been days since Jong-In was annoyed because she seemed to like it.

He reached the television’s remote control on the glass table and turned it off in order to get her attention, ‘’Krystal.’’ He called her name in his usual low tone but the latter did not seem to hear him.

‘This time he called her sternly, ‘’Krystal Jung.’’

‘’Neh, Jong-In?’’ she finally got back in trance and faced him as she hid her mobile phone under the throw pillow that was on her back.

‘’What’s wrong with you?’’ he asked, advancing himself nearer to her, and then he crossed his arms on his chest when their faces were just a foot apart. ‘’You’ve been busy smiling like an idiot for almost an hour already.’’

‘’Me? Smiling?’’ she sheepishly smiled. ‘’N-no.’’ she denied, squeezing her hand phone she just hid under the throw pillow.

‘’Really?’’ he looked at her suspiciously and noticed that she’s hiding something under the throw pillow that was on her back. He presumed that she’s been exchanging messages with the mysterious gentleman, and began, ‘’Do you really think that I’m that gullible to believe you? I’ve been watching you for days. Your parents are worried about your issue with that Wu Fan guy but it seems like you don’t care about it.’’

She crossed her arms on her chest as well, and boldly shot back, ‘’All are rumors, and rumors arise and subside on their own, so why would I?’’ then he turned back on him and got her mobile phone under the throw pillow in order to avoid another vain argument with him.

He held her shoulders and made her face him. It annoys him the most whenever she acts rude in front of him. Then he forcefully snatched her mobile phone from her hands, and read some of her messages.  And like his assumption, it was Wu Fan who she was exchanging messages with for several days already.

‘’You’re too bold trying to hide this from me.’’  He raised her mobile phone in the air as he began to plot her.

‘’Hey, give it back!’’ she almost literally jumped from her seat and grabbed her mobile phone from him, ‘’I’m not hiding anything from you.’’

‘’Really?’’ he tried to snatched the gadget from her once again but failed, ‘’…it has been days since you’ve been constantly exchanging messages with that punk!’’

‘’Don’t call him punk because he is far from that!’’ Soo Jung defended Wu Fan, ‘’…and I am not hiding that we keep in-touch with each other these days. We’re friends.’’

‘’ Friends your face Krys’’ he began mocking her. ‘’…who would smile like an idiot while reading stupid messages on her phone if it’s just nothing. Tell me, is there really something going on between the two of you?’’

‘’And what if there is? What will you do?’’

As if lump got stuck in his throat he was halted with her last statement, and instantly felt that his fury have exceeded way far from his patience meter, he just wanted to explode. ‘’That man…does he really mean that much to you that you began acting like this in front me?’’ tears almost escaped from his eyes, he was trying to control his anger the best he could.

If you just know Jong-In, you’re still the most important for me that’s why I’m doing this to you. You need to come back to Joo Hyun-unnie…and this is my way. Hurting you would be the best, you’ll get angry and you’ll voluntarily avoid me if I do, right?

There was an awkward silence between the two of them; Soo Jung’s eyes also became teary as she stares at him. She was doing the opposite things she wants to do with him, she loves him so much but she has no choice but to act like she does not, he belongs to someone else already. Once reality called onto him, he needed to live his life as Kim Jong-In again, the sole heir of the Kim family, the husband of Kim Joo Hyun – the Kim family’s fifth generation milady.

She bit her lower lip trying to hold back the tears that were about to fall from her eyes. He was still intently looking at her with his furious eyes. ‘’That’s why it’s so hard for me, I have to look at another person…I have to act like I don’t care about you when the truth I…I really do.’’

‘’Why can’t you? I’ve told you for a million times that I already like my life like this. I already told you that I like living my life with you.’’ He pulled her into a tight embrace, and continued, ‘’Krys, if you’re hurting because you are pushing me away, I’m telling you to stop it.’’

‘’Jong-In, I’ve already decided…I have to do what’s right.’’ She slowly pushed him away.’’ Don’t make me become a foolish person, I’ve done something unforgivable when I hid you for so many months and let Joo Hyun-unnie live her life all alone here in Korea without her babies’ father.’’

Then Soo Jung stood up and left the room immediately, she does not want to cry because of the same matter. but before she leaves the room, she faintly instructed Jong-In, ‘’Please prepare yourself, we’re going to visit Joo Hyun-unnie this afternoon.’’

He was not able to defy her instruction and just agreed on her.

 

----------

 

It was almost lunch when Chanyeol, Sooyoung, Yuri, and Yoona came. It had been months since they have seen each other. Her three best friends became pre-occupied with their internship and so was she that they we’re able to see each other once or twice a month, while Chanyeol has to fly back and forth from Korea to England since Kim corporation needed some help from their third generation successors, and since Wu Fan cannot do it all alone due to his personal commitments on Joo Hyun and grandmaster Kim he was the one who mainly took responsibility of the family’s business.

‘’How are you Hyun-noona?’’ Chanyeol cheerfully asked the milady as he sat beside her and began her hair with his fingers playfully. ‘’Do you miss your handsome Chanyeol?’’

‘’Of course I do.’’ She replied giggling. It’s always pleasant to have the animated gentleman around. ‘’It has been so many months since all of us got together like this. I miss you guys.’’ She beckoned her three best friends for a group hug.

‘’We miss you too Hyun.’’ Sooyoung and Yuri immediately went near her for their group hug, while Yoona was stuck in place, silently watching her pale skinned best friend. It has been months since the incident in the Kim family’s mansion, months since Mr. Seo died because of the mercury poisoning incident. She still clearly remembered how she did not do anything during that day when someone plotted her best friend in front of the crowd as an adulteress, and how she was not able to accompany her best friend’s family properly during that time. Hence, that fateful day left a huge guilt on her part that made her feel undeserving to be called as milady Kim’s best companion.

‘’Yoong…why?’’ Joo Hyun asked innocently, she was already hugging the other two yet her best friend did not even join them.

A Yoona suddenly tear up without knowing. She could not even speak a word or make a sound realizing that it has been so long and she had missed a lot of times she was supposed to spend with her best friend.

‘’I’m sorry.’’ She suddenly let out.

‘’For what?’’ Seohyun asked, she couldn’t really figure out what’s inside the mind of the older girl.

Then Yoona finally came to join them and hug her three dearest friends, she suddenly confessed, ‘’I’m sorry for not being a good best friend to you all this time Hyun. I’m sorry that I did not do anything to you during the party that I was not able to look over your parents when they were in the hospital. And I’m really sorry for not being able to visit you often all this time when I know that you need me.’’

The doe-eyed girl suddenly felt her best friend’s slender arms enveloped her, ‘’Yoongie, I understand that. We all have our own lives, and you cannot take care of me forever.’’ Then she spoke to the three older girls, ‘’Your maknae is already a grown up lady now, all the three of you can stop worrying about me.’’

‘’How is that possible, Hyun?’’ Sooyoung spoke, ‘’…soon our twin god-children will be here, and you’re telling us not to worry about you?’’

‘’Yes.’’ Yuri agreed. ‘’There will be a lot more reason for us to be here, we will be aunties soon.’’ Then she turned to the doe-eyed girl and playfully smacked her crown, ‘’…so Yoongie you better cut out the drama, those times are over. Let’s just make good memories for Hyun this time around, okay?’’

‘’Why can’t you let me join your group hug ladies?’’ Chanyeol playfully complained.

‘’Park Chanyeol! It’s not because I let you be friends with them also means I’m allowing you to do skinship with them freely!’’ Sooyoung scolded the animated gentleman.

‘’Sooyoung-noona…’’ then a wide smile formed from his face. ‘’…good thing you are jealous!’’ he began teasing her, ‘’’…it means you also like me don’t you! Yes! Choi Sooyoung likes me too!’’ he pumped his fist in the air like a child rejoicing.

The shikshin suddenly blushed and hid her face with her hands, she felt that her face was uncomfortably warm, ‘’Yah! Don’t be such! It’s early to be too happy Park Chanyeol. I haven’t said Yes to you!’’

It has been almost a year since Chanyeol courted Sooyoung, and it was true that their courtship was still on the process because both of them became busy with their own lives few months after the incident. Still, the animated gentleman remained persistent though he was not rushing things between them.

‘’I know that, I’m not rushing Soo-noona. A real man Park Chanyeol can wait.’’

‘’Hey Soo!’’ Yuri teasingly elbowed their tallest friend. ‘’Do you know what? Chanyeol once told us that her ideal type is Hyun.’’ She teased.

Sooyoung crossed her arms and playfully cackled in disappointment, ‘’I know, I know that…it’s even evident until now. Just now he was too excited to see Hyun, he even jumped on the bed just to be beside her.’’

Yoona suddenly went near to Chanyeol and pointed her index finger near his face, and started interrogating, ‘’Now since it has been months, who is your ideal type now? Is it still our Hyun or it’s Soo?’’

‘’The moment I decided to court Sooyoung-noona, I am certain that she’s the only girl I will only like.’’ He seriously spoke using his usual low-tones voice.

All the people in the room were in awe to the confession they’ve just heard from the animated gentleman. They didn’t know that he has such kind of side – a serious side which only Sooyoung can bring out.

 ‘’Yah! Please stop!’’ Sooyoung intervene, still hiding her face with her hands. But her ears also turned red that she could not hide to others that she was blushing.

‘’Look at Soo’s ears!’’ the tanned girl noticed and beckoned the others to look at her tallest friend.

Everybody laughed at the room as the shikshin was put into teasing by her own friends.

‘’Sooyoung-unnie the ideal girl.’’ Seohyun started laughing heartily.

‘’You’re too dead Park Chanyeol!’’ Sooyoung berserk towards Chanyeol and began punching his arm.

‘’Too sweet!’’ Yoona and Yuri teased. ‘’…so like official already!’’

Wu Fan on the other hand was satisfied laughing from a corner of the room while watching his friends having a good get-together. He was expecting other guests to come, and he was hoping that a younger girl would visit him. ‘’Soojung’’, he whispered.

 

Afternoon came, and as it was set Jong-In and Soo Jung visited Joo Hyun in the hospital. All were having a good time eating lunch packed by Joo Hyun's three dearest friends, and Wu Fan was the one who was obviously the one who was waiting for them.

"Good thing you two came." he greeted as he opened the door for them."Good afternoon, right timing… join us for lunch. They packed too much that we need some more people to join us." he was unusually smiling from ear-to-ear exchanging stares with Soo Jung.

"Thank but no th-"

 

"Of course Oppa, we'll be happy to join you." she cut Jong-In's decline as she pulled his arm going inside the room. "It's been months, and I miss being with you guys."

The heiress' voice was familiar enough for the other four visitors that all of them turned to her direction when they heard her.

"Jung...Soo Jung!" Chanyeol summoned her name as he chewed a bolus of his lamb steak. His eyes widened as he literally jumped from his place to advance to her direction as he saw his cousin Jong-In beside her."Jong-In! You...man! We've been looking for you for so long!" he put his plate on the wooden table opposite to the hospital bed, then dashed to the heir's direction and gave his dear cousin a warm bear hug. "You idiot! How could you leave us here? Do you know how much burden you've left me? I'm already wearing thick glasses now because I have to take responsibility of the company!" He looked like a completely silly giant kid as tears suddenly came out from his eyes and continued complaning, "...you've turned me into a four-eyed monster and Joo Hyun-noona's been restless waiting for you!"

Jong-In was completely surprised with Chanyeol's act, and eventually felt a tinge of annoyance as the animated gentleman spoke about Joo Hyun again.

Am I really all about her that this silly giant's telling me that she's been waiting for me?

He slowly pushed Chanyeol away from him. "Annyeong hasaeyo." he flatly greeted him. He felt the weird yet familiar feeling having close physical contact with the animated gentleman though his face was not really familiar for him.

"Annyeong hasaeyo?" the animated gentleman immediately felt the weird vibe from his cousin, yet he still jested, "Annyeong hasaeyo, Jong-In!" he scratched his crown, "...but since when did you learn how to greet me politely like that?"

‘’Uh, Mr. of course I should not take off the honorifics and I shouldn’t act too comfortable with people I just met, right?’’ the heir reasoned out as polite as possible then he offered his hand for a handshake.

The animated gentleman was completely shocked with his cousin’s actions that he was not able to move an inch from his stance and the muscles of his body got stiffened. ‘’Y-you…don’t…’’

Jong-In grabbed his hand and shook it, ‘’It’s nice to see you. My name is Kai.’’

‘’J-Jong-In ah. Don’t joke around…it’s not funny man!’’ Chanyeol pulled his cousin into a hug again. He really felt how indifferent his younger cousin was to him, he sensed that he was not joking. ‘’’Jong-In, it’s me Chanyeol! We miss you a lot!’’

‘’W-wait!’’ the heir protested as he pushed back the animated gentleman away from him. ‘’I’m s-sorry, but I don’t remember you C-Chanyeol!’’

The animated gentleman grabbed his arm, ‘’I’m Chanyeol, I’m your Chanyeol-hyung, your more handsome cousin….don’t you remember?’’

‘’Yeol…’’ Seohyun faintly called his name looking at Jong-In’s direction. ‘’ Jong-In can’t remember anything.’’

Meeting Joo Hyun’s eyes, the heir suddenly gripped on Soo Jung’s hand and squeezed it tightly. Unknowingly, he suddenly felt his heart thudding hard. He was not really sure if it was racing because of anxiety, fear, or happiness now that he and the milady had met once again.

 ‘’A-anneyong hasaeyo Joo Hyun-ssi.’’ He awkwardly greeted the milady as he bowed to greet the other people who were inside the room. ‘’Annyeong hasaeyo, everyone. I’m Kai Kim, pleased to meet you all.’’

‘’Kai Kim?’’ Yoona exclaimed in disbelief.

‘’W-what is this?’’ the tanned girl asked, confused with the situation as she and Sooyoung turned their attention to Soo Jung.

‘’Soo Jung…’’ Sooyoung called the heiress’, then she briefly looked at their maknae and at the mysterious gentleman’s direction then back to the heiress again, ‘’What’s the meaning of this? Will you guys care to explain?’’ then she put her hands on her waist, ‘’What’s going on here?’’

‘’Sooyoung-unnie… let me explain to all of you…’’

‘’ You should have done this the last time we met each other Soo Jung.’’ Joo Hyun spoke in a serious tone.

‘’I-I’m so-sorry Joo Hyun-unnie.’’ The heiress couldn’t directly look at the milady directly as she simply removed Jong-In;s hand from hers. ‘’All of you must’ve still clearly remember the incident in the mansion…’ she began.

‘’Who wouldn’t? That’s the time when Jong-In suddenly disappeared and Mr. Seo died?’’ the tanned girl roughly abridged.

‘’Kwon Yuri, it’s not time to create an argument’’ Wu Fan suddenly interfered, he feels the burden of feeling shameful of the heiress now that she’s facing all of them. Then he held the heiress shoulder, ‘’Go on, we’re listening…’’

Then she briefly closed her hands, and took a deep breath as she gathered all her thoughts and courage at that particular moment. ‘’…the incident that happened during Jong-In’s birthday...Yi Xing, Zhang Yi Xing, our co-intern in SNUH he was the one we saw in the CCTV room, he was the one who fought with Jong-In and plotted everything.’’

Wu Fan’s real connection with Yi Xing is only known by one person inside the room – Joo Hyun. And this time, since Soo Jung finally opened it up, he decided to help them solve the puzzle by making things clear, ‘’Zhang Yi Xing… he is my adopted brother.’’

The heiress covered in disbelief; Wu Fan’s confession was very sudden. She concluded that if Yi Xing is that closely related to the mysterious gentleman, there’s no way that Wu Fan did not know something if not everything about the real reason why he executed such kind of incident. ‘’You...you’re Zhang Yi Xing’s brother? So it means that Lord Wu…you, may have planned the incident all along.’’

‘’Soo Jung…I’m a Wu, and I am also a Kim. My other family despises my Kim family for a very long time ago.’’ He paused for a moment putting up the most appropriate words to tell the heiress in order to make her fully understand. Thus, the best way in order to maintain his image from her was to state the whole truth, his side of story, ‘’…it’s true that I know that my Wu-harabeoji is up to Kim family’s wealth. He wanted me to become Kim family’s sole heir aside from being Wu family’s heir since I am Jong-In’s older brother.’’

‘’Kris-hyung…so you’re telling us that you are a real Hyung to me and to Jong-In…as in us three are blood related?’’ Chanyeol asked, completely taken aback from all the confession he was hearing.

The mysterious gentleman nodded, and continued his explanation, ‘’…the reason why I came all the way here just to become the Sole Heir’s wife’s Ethics teacher is to reunite with my brother and live my own life away from the Wu family.’’

‘’I can’t believe this…’’ Soo Jung smirked as she put her hands on her waist, still trying her best digest all the confessions she was hearing from the mysterious gentleman. ‘’…so you’re trying to tell us that you left the Wu clan for good? Just be truthful oppa…do you or do you not know that your grandfather and Yi Xing’s plan to ruin Kim family?’’

‘’I know that Wu-harabeoji was longing to do it, but not to that point, not to that extent that he’s willing to kill people.’’ Though he was stating the truth, he felt that the people around him were unconvinced, so he chooses not to say anything anymore.

‘’Let’s say that we buy that…’’ the doe-eyed girl joined in. ‘’…the damage has done and we can’t do anything about it anymore but to fix what it has left to us. So now that Jong-In’s back, but he cannot remember his own identity what are you planning to do?’’

‘’In time, he needs to remember.’’ Wu Fan looked at his younger brother’s direction, ‘’…he needed to remember everything, for the Kims and for his own family.’’

Though Jong-In heard every confession he needed to hear from the mysterious gentleman, he was completely indifferent about it. ‘’What? What about me?’’ he asked Wu Fan back.

‘’Jong-In ah…’’ Chanyeol gripped on his cousin’s arm, ‘’…you’ve heard your Hyung, can you really not remember anything?’’

‘’Yeol-oppa, he’s diagnosed with Dissociative disorder, he can remember things but his memories are kind of distorted in his mind.’’ The heiress answered him.

‘’Soo Jung-ah, don’t tell me that Jong-In has been like this for quite some time now, why did you not let us know. This shouldn’t be happening.’’ The animated gentleman started questioning her.

‘’Yeah, Hyunnie has been looking over him all over the world and for freaking Pete’s sake; you’ve just been hiding him all this time! Are you really out of your mind Jung Soo Jung?’’ the tanned girl seconded.

Soo Jung was completely bowled over by Yuri’s accusation; at some point she’s right, she brought Jong-In to California and even cut her connection with Wu Fan that made her a bad person for not considering that the heir already has his wife waiting for her, and now that Joo Hyun’s pregnant it made her even worse.

‘’Yuri-unnie…if I did not bring him to California…Lord Wu must have really killed him long ago.’’ She lowered her head, avoiding eye contact with them especially with Joo Hyun.

‘’Have you ever thought that I am waiting for him every day?’’ Joo Hyun asked the heiress with her voice shaking.

‘’I-I’m…I’m sorry.’’

Joo Hyun wiped the tears dripping on her face,, she did not want them to see her frail.  She wanted to ask Soo Jung so many questions but her chest was already feeling stuffed that she couldn’t properly talk anymore. Her skin suddenly turned paler, as she started to feel that her knees suddenly felt weak.

Surprisingly Jong-In sped up going to Joo Hyun’s side and carried her into his arms and got out of the room.

‘’What was that? I thought, he can’t remember his own wife?’’ Sooyoung was completely deranged.

‘’Yeah, we thought he can’t -’’ Yoona’s mouth hung open.

Joo Hyun’s vision became quite blurred, she still feels that her knees were weakly shaking, and also felt that someone she’s on someone’s arms being carried to somewhere. Then white flashes appeared in front of her before she completely shut her eyes.

The moment she opened her eyes, she was laying her head on someone’s chest, it was a familiar place to her giving her the most familiar feeling she has been missing for a long while.

She moved for a bit still wanting to lay her head comfortably then she heard Jong-In’s low voice and asked her, ‘’Are you okay now?’’

‘’N-Neh..’’ she awkwardly answered, wanting to confirm if she heard that the voice who just asked her belonged to her husband. ‘’J-Jong-In.’’

‘’Are you okay?’’ he asked him again. This time, she sat up straight and looked at him.

‘’Neh! Neh! I’m okay now.’’

‘’I’ve thought that the tension inside the room was too much for you so I brought you here in the fire exit.’’ He tapped his shoulder and beckoned the latter that she could lay her head on it.

‘’No, I’m okay.’’ She nervously declined.

But the heir insisted and made her laid her head on his shoulder and said, ‘’Don’t lie… your lips are even color purple. Do you think I will believe you? You rest.’’

‘’Why did you bring me here?’’ she asked, still cannot believe that she’s alone with her husband again and was not even arguing with him.

‘’I don’t know either. Don’t ask me. You already want to go home, right? You better take a good rest and quit stressing yourself.’’

‘’Perhaps…do you already remember me?’’

‘’I don’t…but is it still important now? I think it’s not the right time to worry over me. Think about those babies.’’

To her, maybe his memories might have faded but his traits never failed to make him less than one percent of Jong-In, her husband.