The Heir's 19th Birthday Part 4

The Heir's Love Story

Servants began serving foods from every single guest’s table, meaning that the hidden assassin Minseok was already implementing his part of their hideous plan.

‘’Have some fruits Grand Master Kim. We made these fruits buffet just for you, since we heard that you are very fond of it. Try some of this unripe papaya it’s good for lowering your uric acid Grand Master Kim.’’ The oldest young assassin enthusiastically offered the old lord the mentioned fruit as if he was really a real kitchen staff.

‘’Really?’’ the old master then took a slice of the unripe papaya with his fork, ‘’You’re such an adorable young cook and you’re smart Thank you for offering me this. But it’s weird that I haven’t seen you even once here.’’

The oldest young assassin became a little jumpy with the old master’s remark, ‘’I’m…I’m just so new here Grand Master Kim, I just started working here last two weeks ago, Grand Master Kim.’’ He lied.

The old master then briefly looked at every one in the table and offered the unripe papaya to those people who were sitting next to him at that very moment, ‘’Wu, have some, Mr. and Mrs. Seo, have some as well…you heard this adorable young cook here that it’s good in lowering your uric acid. I need this since I have gout, you know that I’m not getting young anymore.’’

The other three then gladly accepted the old master’s offer and all gladly took a bite of it.

‘’I guess I’m going to eat this later, after my favorite lamb chops.’’ The old master just took a small bite of the unripe papaya as he looked forward for his favorite main course.

Little did they know that the ‘healthy’ fruit they just received was something more life-threatening.

 

 

She finally stepped forward to face the crowd as the lights of the mansion's lounge went dim and the spotlight lit her.

The young milady was certainly nervy, yet her persistence to deliver such important speech not for the crowd but for her other half was way greater.

She heaved all her anxiety away as she took brief glances to those people in the crowd, who, she knew personally, from Tiffany, to Chanyeol and Sooyoung, to her doe-eyed sincerest companion Yoona, and Yuri. Then to her parents, Grand Master Kim who just got back to his seat and even to Lord Wu who was guarded by a fierce looking young man who was standing beside him. Then she diverted her attention to face everyone once more.

For a certain reason she felt a sudden tinge of anxiousness once more, not because of lack of confidence to utter the milady's vow but for feeling the presence of bad omen coming from the crowd.

She then briefly glanced to the Grand Master's direction using her periphery vision, and once more eyed on everyone who was near the old man until she glanced to the fierce looking young lad once more.

'It's him! I've seen him...in London!' she clearly remembered the fateful day when she and young senior butler Joon Myun went around London and the fierce young bloke that threatened her life.

She then quickly beamed on her husband's direction that just joined the heiress again on the stairs, and beckoned him that there's danger approaching them with her reaction.

 

The orchestra then started to cover up for the sudden commotion and began playing harmonious melody, as Jongdae received a signal from Yi Xing that he needed to prepare for his turn as their was already on-going.

 

The mysterious gentleman noticed her expression from a distant, then he divert his gaze to his old grandfather Wu's direction, 'Danger.' he then rushed to the opposite staircase where the heir and the heiress were currently guessing the milady's gestures.

"Jong-In...Joo Hyun, she's wanted to tell you that there's something wrong. Danger." the mysterious gentleman could not pull to utter a proper sentence for catching his breath from sprinting and for feeling all the pressure at the same time.

"What?" Jong-In screeched on the latter's face.

On the other hand, Soo Jung got an unexpected forewarning from sniper Siwon who was guarding the mansion's lounge from the right light system.

"Jong-In, from the CCTV room, I have to guard your wife there!" Soo Jung then wordlessly rushed upstairs making her way to the CCTV room.

"Wait, what guard her from there?" Jong-In got thrown bewildered with that latter's statement yet seeing how tensed the face of the latter he rushed and followed her.

"Please, just for this time, guard Joo Hyun for me, Wu Fan-hyung." he briefly turned to the mysterious gentleman for a favor.

For the first time for a very long time, Wu Fan heard his dongsaeng call him Hyung without any sense of mockery.

He briefly nodded to give his younger brother assurance, "Be careful Jong-In." He then, turned his attention to the young milady who was currently feeling the grave anxiousness in front of the crowed and beckoned her that everything's under control.

But then, he did not perceived the latter fully that she was afraid because the danger she was pertaining to was already in front of her - the fierce looking young bloke who threatened her life in London.

 

 

On the other hand, while heading their way to the CCTV area; Jong-In began to ask what was happening to them. He knew for the fact that his wife suddenly turned anxious for some reason, he perceived but it has something to do with the old lord but then again how did Soo Jung knew that there's someone to be more cautious about than of the old lord who was with the crowd, "Soo Jung, why do we have to go in the CCTV area? My wife needs my support there but here we are. And if I need to protect then we needed to be there, not in the CCTV area!"

"Jong-In, did I ever tell you to follow me all the way here? You could go back now you know, Sniper Siwon beckoned me just now that there's someone I need to confront in that room." she bravely uttered without looking at him.

"What the-, what do you mean?"

"Idiot, this birthday of yours is the turning point of your life Jong-In!  Of course you have to mind your enemies…those enemies are not going to attack you face-to-face, and it doesn't mean that you have the strongest sages in your household means that you're all safe with wittier bad omen around you!" she explained rather annoyed to the latter's lack of awareness. “You’re enemy here is not an idiot like you, he will not choose to expose himself from a short distance!"

It hurt his pride not to perceive that matter earlier. For an intelligent young lad he is, it was really a shame for him to miss that kind of detail. "I-I should go with you then, you're still a girl after all."

"Think about Joo Hyun-unnie, Jong-In...someone is surely inside that room and I'm sure that he's going to do something bad to unnie, so we better hurry." she then grabbed the latter's wrist and fasten their pace, "Shoot, Jong-In why is your house have to be this big?"

 

 

Conversely, Yi Xing was monitoring how the young milady was acting from his view, and quickly perceived that she recognized someone from their group.

'Shoot, she must've recognized Tao.'

He then gave orders to the fierce youngest assassin using their wireless device, "Huang Zi Tao, Joo Hyun caught you, better not to make her see you again for the second time around, get out of there, let your Minseok-ge and Jongdae-ge do your job for you! Now!"

"But ge, what would be my participation here?" the youngest assassin asked rather protesting.

"Listen to Yi Xing-ge, this is not the right time to act hastily kid. Just go hide yourself for goodness sake! It's the easiest job and yet you cannot comply!"

"Okay Yi Xing-ge, I'll do as you say." he eventually though half-heartedly abided to the serene looking gentleman's command.

He then silently left Lord Wu's side, enough to hide himself from the milady's sight, and eventually eyed the sniper assigned who happens to guard every move of the old lord as he saw the sniper setting his sniper to the old lord's direction.

'You cannot do that sniper 01, but I can do anything to you, so wait me there.' the youngest assassin is indeed the assassin who was born to kill amongst the EXO-M.

 

 

"Go on Joo Hyun." Wu Fan beckoned the young milady to go on doing the Milady's vow from a short distance.

"But oppa, where did -?" she tried to asked as she attempted to approach the latter.

"Just go on." the mysterious gentleman imposed as he came running to stop her from delaying her speech.

Left with no choice, Joo Hyun faced the crowd again and braced herself for her speech.

"Don't worry Joo Hyun, just go on with your speech, everthing's fine...the three of us will make everything fine just for you." Wu Fan assured her, just enough for her to hear before she go on.

 

Though anxiousness and fear still lingers inside her, she began to recite the Milady's vow in front of the people.

'’ I, Seo Joo Hyun, the wife of Kim Jong-In, the fifth Sole Heir of the Kim family, vows to fulfill my duties as the Kim family's fifth Milady, who will stand with him, and support him with all my life – ‘’

Spotlights suddenly became dimmer, and a huge VCR white screen started to appear at the back of the milady.

'Sorry partner, blame all to your husband...' the serene looking gentleman began to flash her misleading photographs with her ethics instructor Wu Fan in the middle of her speech.

Everyone in the lounge got frozen extremely astonished with every single photographs of the young milady and her ethics instructor flashed in front of them.

Hugging Joo Hyun and Wu Fan from the hospital corridor, hugging Joo Hyun and Wu Fan from the mansion’s balcony, their happy moments of reading together. And their moments in the balcony every evening like they were watched in the every single move they do together.

 

How shameless is the current milady Kim! A voice broke out from the crowd near the orchestra and eventually, people started chattering about misleading pictures of the two until almost everyone started throwing curse to the young milady who totally got frozen in front of everyone.

Isn’t she thinking straight for committing such? She’s married to every other woman’s dream!

Have shame, you’re too thick faced for playing the sole heir’s heart!

Adulteress

These were just examples of the numerous curses, and mockery she received from the crowd at that very moment. Her mind went blank as her vision as well, she wanted to feel numb, she knows for the fact that she doesn’t deserve the adulteress title since she sincerely love her husband, whether he’s a heir or not but getting all the shame in front of the crowd for the most important moment of being her Milady Kim, she could not bear to take it.

 

 

‘’What the -, what’s the meaning of this?’’ the old master irked as he felt betrayal for his grandson Jong-In. Those photographs even proved that his suspicion the the couple's marriage was really just for the show, and the worst part of it was that the young milady was even having an affair to his older grandson Wu Fan.

'Even if Wu Fan is also my grandson, it's still improper Joo Hyun. I never thought that I am so wrong for choosing you for becoming the rightful fifth milady.'

 

Commotion started as someone from the crowd started throwing foods towards the poor milady in front of the crowd.

Foxy milady! A tomato suddenly flew in her face as people started to throw foods on her.

Wu Fan also got  frozen from his stance, he surely could not lie that he felt fear from, and guilt for secretly loving the young milady who was currently receiving all the shame by herself in front of everyone.

But then again seeing her being accused by the crowd to the point that she's being stoned with food. He threw away all his care for himself dashed in front of her and enveloped her from his arms and took her away from the crowd.

For a noble gentleman like him, dignity is important but the only girl he love with all his heart is more important.

He did not care anymore, if his coat will get stain, he did not care anymore if the reputation he built all his life as the Wu's heir was tainted. For the very first time in his life, he had forsaken his image for a certain person - for Seo Joo Hyun.

 

 

 

From the bird’s eye view of the mansion still on their way to the CCTV area the two initially did not know what was happening in the mansion’s main lounge until Jung Soo Jung, suddenly stopped from running, as went gaped from suddenly seeing the last flashed misleading photograph of Milady Joo Hyun and Wu Fan.

‘’Jong – ‘’

‘’We need to hurry, right?’’ he then looked to where the latter was looking at and saw the same shameful scenery for is wife.

His confidence towards his other half wasn’t wavered with those misleading photographs, but what wounded him was seeing how severely she was treated by the crowd that she was even stoned by foods with the whole crowd, and that no one was standing in front of her.

Well, initially.

Until his older brother appeared as her sage in front of her and took her away.

His knees felt weakened, he seriously wanted to cry and yet he couldn’t.

He wanted to become the shield of his own wife at that very moment, yet he couldn't

’’I’m sorry, I’m so late.’’

 

A/N: Please patiently wait for the next chapter. It's really hard to write this part. Peace!