The Milady’s Assurance

The Heir's Love Story

"Yeobosaeyo?" Krystal irately answered her mobile phone, as she heard it rang for the nth time. She couldn't even bring herself to open an eye, as she was disturbed in her deep slumber by the call. "What the hell do you want Jong-In?"

"Help me pick the best clothes that I should wear for tomorrow Stal." he spoke over the phone.

"Tell that to Joo Hyun-unnie, not to me!" she irked, "Seriously, I want a descent sleep for the whole five-day vacation Jong-In, because I never had one since internship began!"

"I thought you're my best friend..."

"Don't use that to me Jong-In." she kept complaint as she started hating the latter for abusing his title in her life. But no matter how much she complained and irk about the matter, she will eventually give in as she could really not resist the heir.

"You're really giving me a headache Jong-In." she massaged her temples."In this time in the evening you really wanted me there to go in your place? Where are your butlers and driver?"

"I'm already here in your main lobby Jung."

"What the - ?" she almost cursed under her breath, "You're that desperate?"

"Stop complaining and just go down here Jung Soo Jung. I've been calling you like forever and you keep on complaining." he argued shouting at her on the line.

"Wait me there, I don't like to fight Jong-In." she ended the call, as she sluggishly went off from her bed, and almost crawled her way out of her room still feeling sleepy and was still wearing her silky pink pajamas, and bed hair, and rode their mansion's glass elevator down to their mansion's lobby to meet the heir.

In contrast to the classic vibe of Kim mansion, Jung mansion really gives an almost twenty-second century vibe for being technically classy. That it has a glass elevator door, LED walls replacing home theaters, sensor metal, fire proof and bullet proof walls and doors. Name almost all the advanced things you could find in the present day, and you could find it inside the Jung mansion.

 

As soon as he saw Krystal rode the glass elevator from the fifth floor of the Jung mansion, he immediately stood up as he crossed his arms on his chest, and neared the elevator.

As the door of the glass elevator opened and the heiress went out of it, he began, "I've been waiting for you for like twenty-minutes already Jung Soo Jung, and I've called you for almost fifty times, I'm not supposed to go here but you are not picking up."

She blinked her heavy eyes that still wanted sleep, as she slowly faced him with an indifferent expression, "You just angered yourself Jong-In, you shouldn't have bothered yourself to go all the way here."

He inhaled deeply to control his temperament, and ruffled the latter's hair, "Come on, why still on your PJ's? And your hair?" he complained.

"Don't complain if you need my help. You're at my mansion, and I don't want to fix myself today!" she complained back to her seemingly nagger best friend, as she stepped back to distance herself a little from the latter who was ruining her hair more. "Seriously Jong-In, you should let Joo Hyun-unnie choose clothes for you, not me."

"Jung Soo Jung, could you please stop repeating that?" he tried his best to suppress his annoyance.

"Argument again, am I right Jong-In?" she presumed.

He kept his mouth shut, yet his dark orbs said it all.

"I am right." she then turned her back and dashed into the glass elevator. "Be right back Jong-In." she then went back to her room and had a quick change of her clothes.

-----------

 

"So what happened to the both of you again?" Krystal immediately asked as the two of them rode at the backseat of Jong-In's Jaguar. "By the way, I really hate your taste, this car looks like for a grumpy old man." her car began again.

"No more time for that Soo Jung." he heaved an obvious disappointed sigh and began." You're right we fought, and it's because of Wu Fan-hyung again."

"You mean Kris-oppa?" she rolled her eyes as the news brought no surprise to her, "What's new? You're always fighting because you're always jealous of him."

"There is Jung." his tone turned so serious.

"What?"

"Wu Fan-hyung and I are brothers."

She chuckled because it was a fact that they really do have a brother-like relationship long before their war with each other. "As if I didn't know that you and Kris-oppa are really close and like brothers before Jong-In!"

"No." he held his head low and almost muttered, "We're really brothers, blood related brothers Soo Jung."

"What? You're kidding Kim Jong-In!" the heiress screeched in disbelief."I know you're hating Kris-oppa, but that's some kind of an insane excuse."

"I'm not kidding." he briefly responded to the latter with all seriousness.

 

 

Silence filled the atmosphere inside the car as they travelled going to the Kim's mansion. The heiress was awestruck with what was told about her best friend, she knew that the fact that the heir and the mysterious gentleman were not in good terms, and knows that the mysterious gentleman really has feelings for the milady, and now that it was revealed that they're biological brothers really made their situation turn worse, she contemplated as they went off from the car, 'Isn't it Kris-oppa almost four years older than Jong-In. So technically he is really the Sole Heir.'

"Jong-In..." she summoned the heir's name as they made their way going inside the mansion.

"What?" he asked as he turned his attention to the latter, "Let's go meet Tiffany-noona upstairs. She's waiting for us."

"Okay...but, Jong-In..." she was hesitating to open it up to the latter as she doesn't want him to get offended.

"What?" he screeched slowly gets irritated with the repetitive heiress.

"You just said that you and Kris-oppa are brothers...and I just realized that he is really the Sole Heir and you're just -"

"I know, I'm just a substitute...don't rub salt on the wound Jung Soo Jung."

"I'm sorry Jong-In."

"And the fact that he is the real Sole Heir, it simply means that everything that I have right now belongs to him."

"Don't say that Jong-In...Though he might have all this things, I bet he is not that selfish to take it all away from you."

"Don't tell me you're on his side too Soo Jung, you're all I have now." he was really thinking that he was at his worst that he was even thinking that all will be taken away from him even his wife.

"Don't say such. Of course, I will always be here for the biggest ruckus in my life...but don't say that I'm all that you have, you may be fighting with Joo Hyun-unnie, but I bet she's still there for you." though it is already an open book to the both of them that she loves him more than just her best companion, she knows where to stand and still has good judgment.

----------

 

As they entered the office of the fashion designer, Jong-In replied, "How do you know that my wife still cares for me? If you could only see how she always defend your dearest Kris-oppa, if you are in my place I bet you will also irk a lot."

"It's because you're too jealous Jong-In, and you're too selfish you only care about yourself to the point that you cannot see other's feelings other than yours."

"Are you defending my wife?"

"No. I'm just making you realize that you're wrong." she then flew her hand hard on the latter's forehead. "Talk to Joo Hyun-unnie, and don't drag me when it's supposed to be her doing this for you."

"What the-" but before he could even finish defending himself, they noticed noticed that they're watched by the fashion designer, and his wife who was fitting her outfits for tomorrow's event.

"She's here. You talk to her." she literally dragged the latter in front of the milady. "Unnie, here's your immature husband. He went to our house just now, and asked me to choose outfits for him for tomorrow, but I think it's your responsibility to do it for him."

Seohyun was thrown back from hearing the heiress statement; she doesn’t know whether to be thankful or to feel more envious from the latter. But despite of the mixed feelings she have towards the latter, she has to thank her for bringing him home to her. "T-Thanks Krystal."

"I bet you heard us." Krystal coolly expressed. "As much as I want to control this dope whenever his mind gets clouded..." she then smacked the heir' nape like a child who just did something wrong. "...please always do the honor because it's one of your role Joo Hyun-unnie."

"Ouch! You're supposed to help me choose my clothes for tomorrow, not lecture me." he irked rubbing his nape, as he turned his attention to his wife, "And I'd rather listen to someone who cares a lot about me."

"Soo Jung, I think I can't handle him better than you." she titled her head low after hearing the heir's hurtful words, and was about to walk out,

But the heiress gripped on her wrist and halted her, "Unnie, that's the wrong thing about you, you always let him pass when you're supposed to correct him when he is at fault."

"How I wish I could still do that, but after knowing that I'm a left over, I think I'm not the right person to do that for him." she expressed, forcing a project a smile to the latter.

"Left over?" as if they have telepathy, Krystal and Tiffany sounded in unison, then they both turn their attention to Jong-In.

"What do you mean left over?" the heiress started to pry the heir.

"Jong-In, did I teach you to be harsh with your words when you were young?" the fashion designer seconded, sounding so disappointed.

Then the heiress briefly turned her attention to the milady, and halted her again, "Joo Hyun-unnie, sorry for intruding but I think you two should talk, or else someone's going to get some beating here." she then gave a sharp beam to the heir.

"What?" he asked, obviously protesting, "Don't blame everything on me, that as if I'm the only one who is wrong in here."

"Have you seen Tiffany-unnie and I side someone between you two?" she looked on both of their direction. "We're here to let you talk." then she beckoned the fashion designer that they will have to leave the two. "Act straight my best bud, just talk things over. Gosh, I'm the youngest here. Don't let me speak to you guys that as if I'm the oldest." then she beamed sharply to the heir for the last time, and held his wrist and pulled him near to his wife, and spoke to him sincerely, "Jong-In, don't make me feel disappointed to you. Make a good marriage life with unnie please? So I will not worry and I could find a good man for myself as promised."

"Fine." he half-heartedly agreed, as he held his head low avoiding eye contact from his wife who was beside him. "I'll try my best, but it doesn't solely depends on me. It also depends on her."

'Stubborn as ever.' the heiress did not utter any word, just rolled her eyes expressing the "whatever" to Jong-In, and left the two inside the room.

Seriously, they needed to talk about things, and both of them needed to have attentive ears, and open minds to listen to each other.

----------

 

As the fashion designer and the heiress left and locked them inside the room to talk, silence crawled in and eventually filled the atmosphere of the room. Both were meek and no one wanted to start talking to each other. The milady just stood up in the same position where she stood up when the two left them, while the heir busied himself fitting the clothes of his taste for his birthday celebration for the next day.

All she could do was to beam on every move he make, as she remained meek. She feels disappointed to herself and a lot more envious of the heiress because her husband was really listening to her and as his words before they entered the room echoed her head that he only has the heiress by his side, 'You think I am not here Jong-In? I'm always here but you're always setting me aside, and if you're seeing me with Wu Fan-oppa you always ended up hurting me.'

 

Eventually, tears started to stream down on her cheeks as she watched the indifferent heir doing his own thing as if that she wasn't subsist inside the room.

On the other hand, as he kept on fitting his clothes for his birthday party all he could do was to secretly beam on the latter who was with him inside the room. His love and hate for him was still inside him, but as soon as he saw the latter crying, he set all his pride aside, got a pinkish pale rose colored dress that well suits her from the bunch of dresses of the fashion designer's closet, and approached her by beckoning the latter to wear the dress he picked.

She then got the dress from the latter's hand and wore it as told.

In his eyes, she's the most beautiful that his mouth gaped. And though it's a fact that he hated her at that time, he was as if bewitched, he got captivated by her charm and forget about the quarrel at that very moment.

"W-what's wrong with you again?" she broke the silence between them as she wiped her tears away.

He did not utter a word and just grabbed the latter from her waist and enveloped her in his arms.

To her, he was really acting weird. Seeing him all angry at her, then next thing he was embracing her. But still, she couldn't muster all the awful things she heard from him.

She then attempted to retract herself from the latter, by slamming both of her hands on his chest, "Get off me Jong-In, I'm just your left over, right?"

"Shut up, or else I'll kiss you again." he tried to scare the latter with his seemingly cliché statement, as he tightened his embrace on her and buried his face in her hair.

It's given that he is really careless with his words especially when he is angry, he wanted to apologize but he doesn't want to let his cool down. Hence, that was his biggest problem, and all he could do was to beckon the latter with his read-between-the-lines actions towards her.

He knew he's really scared of losing her. The fact that he's really not the Sole Heir just increased his fear, that he often couldn't think straight.

They stood still silently near each other, just like that without making a move. Despite of feeling bad toward her husband, she just let herself be embraced by him at that very moment. It could not be denied that she misses him especially when he is like that.

Then she felt something warm and watery feeling trailing on her neck, she began to broke their silence when she asked, "Jong-In, are you crying?"

The latter did not answer and chose to stay meek.

"That's why I cannot understand you all the time because you're always like this." she then held his face and made him face her, "To tell you the truth, I hate you until now for telling Wu Fan-oppa that I'm just you left over. And I hate you now for listening to Krystal, and for she's all that you have right now, right?"

He kept on crying, and eventually began, "If I'm thinking this way it's all because I'm not the Sole Heir anymore."

She heavily sighed as frustration gets into her, his reasoning was rather distorted for her so she countered the latter, "Jong-In, and so if you’re not the Sole Heir anymore would it change what's between us now?"

If at first, she married her because her purposes was just not to disappoint her parents and to help him get his inheritance. Now she is certain that she married him all because of love.

"It's because I feel that everything will be taken away from me now. That's why I hate him even more." His tears gushed harder.

"Jong-In, that everything you are afraid of being taken away from you doesn't include me." she assured the latter, as she tiptoed and gave him soft childish kisses on his lips.

It was evident that she doesn't really know how kiss properly but it surprised him that she would do it if he will base it on her personality.

He then, held the latter's waist with both of his hands and respond to the latter with a real kiss that he wasn't able to give her during his first attempt.

Her eyes widened as she really doesn't know how to respond to such affectionate act. It was not her thing, and though she feels the usual butterflies in her stomach, and the magical feeling she usually longed for, she couldn't help herself but to pull away herself from the kiss as her meekness atop her.

"Jong-In, I-I don't like that kind of kiss." she protested stammering.

"Why?"

"It's like in the movies. It is gross." the honest disgust showed in her face.

He then suddenly neared his face to his wife again, as he beckoned her for another "gross" passionate kiss, which the latter just closed her eyes not to witness what he will do again.

He gave his wife a light peck on her lips not wanting to see her disgusted look anymore. "Joo Hyun, I'm sorry if I tell those words to you and for letting you feel neglected."

She slowly opened her eyes after feeling the light kiss on her lips and hearing his words. She then heaved a sigh of relief, "Just be careful with your words Jong-In, and...and..."

"And listen to you first before I listen to Krystal?" he abridged. "Jealous girl." he chuckled.

She chose not to comment because he stated it right.

"Jong-In, there's one thing I want you to do."

"What is it?" he was rather intrigued because of her tone, and raised an eyebrow.

She inhaled deeply, and let it all out. "Please, try to talk with Wu Fan-oppa tomorrow."

He remained silent for a moment, it's really complicated for him to deal with his big brother, and her request was really a big burden to his heart, he half heartedly replied, "I'll try Joo Hyun."

"I'm not expecting you to forgive him in a snap Jong-In. But I'm the happiest person right now because you will give it a try. Just one more thing, do it not because of me, okay?"

He knew himself very well, he's going to do it because it's her request. But then again, "Okay, I'll try my best."

"Good." she sincerely smiled.

"But Joo Hyun seriously, I hate it when you're around my Hyung."

"Jealous guy." she mimicked him.

"But did you really mean that you wanted to marry someone like him?" he anxiously asked.

She suddenly blushed at the thought of her Wu Fan-oppa.

"Ouch, it shows that you like someone other than me Joo Hyun."

For some reasons it feels weird thinking of how the mysterious gentleman stands in her life. She knew that her husband was just kidding at that very moment, but as she thought of how the mysterious gentleman treats her as his most precious she couldn't help herself but to feel sincerely moved. "Honestly Jong-In, I admire Wu Fan-oppa a lot."

He doesn't know whether to feel thankful that she's now being straightforward or to feel betrayed once again. "What now?"

"But now I know the difference between love and like."

With that, it can be concluded that the heir's temperament was solely based on his other half.

 

 

 

Soon enough, they knocked for the two to open the room for them.

“Did you two talked properly?” Tiffany asked, as she intently looked at the both of them.

“Unfortunately…” the heir began.

“Don’t tell me you’ve worsen things Jong-In.” Krystal crossed her arms on her chest ready to pry the latter.

“Unfortunately, we’re more than just okay.” He replied with all smiles from ears-to-ears as he held his wife’s hand. “Thanks Jung Soo Jung.”

“And I’m sorry Krystal.” Seohyun suddenly spoke.

“For what unnie?” the heiress gave her a puzzled look.

“For being jealous.” The milady shyly admitted, “I should be thankful instead.”

The heiress was astonished for the latter’s straightforwardness, though she honestly feels the same way towards her, “I understand, I get so much in the way right? Sorry for falling with the same person unnie…but to tell you I’m the first one who eyed him.”

“Sorry Krystal…”

“I’m just kidding.” She the heiress stuck her tongue out taking things as casual as she could, “It’s all in the past now but please learn how to handle him, hit him if he turns stubborn he will not die from it anyway.”

“Sheesh, I wonder what your husband will be like Jung Soo Jung.” The heir budged in after complaining.

“Shut up, and get straight, that’s why I can’t look for a boyfriend because you always make me worry about you.”

He then ruffled the hair of the latter, “But seriously Soo Jung, I thank you for being like that. Your future husband will surely be fortunate to have you, husband beater!” it’s already his nature to tease the heiress even if they talk about serious matters.

“So, see you tomorrow and sorry for interrupting your sleep Ice Krystal.” Then he briefly turned to the fashion designer, “Goodnight Tiffany-noona.”

The husband and wife then walked their way to their room.

The heiress and the fashion designer watched the two as they fade away from their sight.

Krystal could only hold her head down, as tears started to form in her cat-like orbs.

“Does it hurt that much Soo Jung? I admire you…you looked so cool.” Tiffany tried to cheer up the latter as she gently patted the head of the younger girl.

“For as long as I did the right thing, I should be happy right Tiffany-unnie?”

“Do you like me introduce you to my friend dongsaeng?”

“To whom?”

“Wu Fan?” the fashion designer sheepishly smiled.

“As if we’re going to work unnie.” She chuckled.

“Sorry. Silly me.”

----------

 

"Lay, ready for tomorrow?" a terrifying voice of an old man spoke over the phone.

"Yes Lord Wu." the serene looking gentleman briefly responded, as he fill the magazine of his Desert Eagle handgun with bullets.

"Just make sure that everything will run smooth as planned alright?"

"As of the scandal, it's well prepared my lord." he then played the video of gathered videos and pictures of Wu Fan and Joo Hyun together. “And if this will not work, then it’s going to be a little bit bloody, but I can handle.”

"Be sure Lay, I don't like you to become a failure like my stubborn grandson."

"I'm not like him my lord; I appreciate your kindness that you just like us to have what we deserve unlike him who just walked away."

"Shut up and do your work! Make sure to make my grandson Wu Fan as the Sole Heir tomorrow." the old lord irately shouted at him.

"Y-yes Lord Wu." he abided, despite feeling more envious towards the mysterious gentleman.

'How come even if you turn back and left us, you're still the one wanted Wu Fan-gege?'