The Heir's Trust

The Heir's Love Story

It's was a cold yet blissful morning for Joo Hyun when she woke up. It was the very first time in their married life that she opened her eyes being cuddled in the arms of her husband.

As she slowly opened her eyes, and felt the tight tug of the latter around her, it kind of gave her an embarrassing feeling yet it was the most beautiful picture she could think of them that time. For a conservative girl like her, it was already a memorable memento for them as husband-and-wife.

'Jong-In, do you know you still look like a child beside me though they say I have a baby face?'  She gently played with the latter's cheek as she draws small circles using her index finger. 'I never thought you're too cute, you even hug me like I am Keroro. I guess I'm really older than you by three years.'

She could not help but to smile as she adores the sight of her husband.

She eventually looked at their room's wall clock. 'I should get going, today's shifting is different.' She remembered that both of them have the same shifting schedule, so she immediately got up so they will not rush taking turns using the bathroom later.

It was still too early when she finished her fixing herself; she checked his husband in the bed room and found that the latter was still sleeping.

She then went near him and planted a kiss on the latter's forehead, 'Silly me, I'm oddly early again. You still have two more hours Jong-In...I guess I'm really getting old; I tend to wake up earlier than usual. Sleep my baby prince.' 

----------

As she decided to leave their room and experience the mist of the winter dawn, she went in the mansion's balcony which was her and the mysterious gentleman's usual meeting place.

She adored the oddly beautiful shape of snowflakes that were slowly falling on her, that she was not able to mind the coldness of the winter dawn.

Surprisingly, someone put winter cloak on her shoulders to warm her - it was the mysterious gentleman.

"Wu Fan-oppa." she summoned the latter's name in surprise, "...what are you doing here this early?"

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that question?" he threw back the latter’s question”...I'm already here since last night."

"I just want to see snow this early." she replied innocently as she noticed the evident dark circles and swollenness of the latter's eyes.

"It seems that you didn't just stay here all night...you cried." She reputed.

"I just can't sleep, that's all." the mysterious gentleman indirectly denied.

"As if I don't know you Wu Fan-oppa. You're not different from me."

He could not really hide himself from the latter. Indeed, they've really created a close bond; she's the closest person he could ever consider not just inside the mansion but also in his life. He has never been so attached to anyone ever before that he considers her his dearest.

"I guess you really are Joo Hyun, I could hardly hide things to you these days." he admitted.

"Is it still because of what Jong-In said to you?"

He merely nodded to the latter.

"I see." she then flashed a bright encouraging smile. "I talked to him last night Wu Fan-oppa. Just wait a little, he would definitely talk you."

"How did you say so Joo Hyun?"

"I explained your side to him last night." she answered as if it was simple as done.

"What? You promise me you're not going to tell him." he was definitely surprised.

"It's not that Oppa." she reassured the latter, "I talked about him about your matter last night. And  though it's really tough because he won't listen I was able to explain to him your side without telling who you really are, and he opened up to me."

She remembered the way her husband cried on her, and his exact words, as she affirmed it to the mysterious gentleman"...Oppa, why'd did you leave him all of a sudden? And how were you able to manage to say those hurtful words to him after what you did?"

The latter's disappointed look was hurting him.

Again, the mistakes he did in the past began to haunt him. "Joo Hyun..." her name was all he could mutter, he doesn't know where to start.

"I've been trying to understand you all the way Wu Fan-oppa, but it just hurts me seeing Jong-In crying and angry like that." she said in a low tone.

The mysterious gentleman's guilt crept on top of his system again.

"I admit, I was wrong but it's all because I believed what was said to me back then before seeing him again...I really thought Lord Yunho left us for Milady Taeyon and Jong-In, someone told me that the former Milady Kim was Lord Yunho's other woman, and lured him to marry her and left us. And..."

"...and?" she abridged.

His eyes started to become watery as he admitted, "I just, just felt betrayed, I lost my mother, and I grew up blaming everything to Jong-In. The worse part was there was really a time I felt that everything was taken away from me. My family, my being sole heir of the Kim family. It was only just now that everything got clear to me…I really came back here mainly because I want to make it up to him, but as things got a lot clearer, I don’t know where to put myself.”

"So you really came to hate Jong-In for time being?"

She only earned a mere nod from the latter.

"I see why you can't really call Lord Yunho your father. I understand, bruises takes a lot of time to heal I guess. I see that you’re also a human, if I were also in your place I would also feel the same way towards Jong-In." she then pulled the latter for a comforting hug. "Wu Fan-oppa, we've read the diary together, right?" she started hushing the latter.

"Yes." he briefly answered as he tries to control his sobs, as they paused for a moment so close together.

She began, breaking the silence that just enveloped them, "We already know the real story behind the past and only if we tell it to him that's the time you could set yourself free."

"You're right. I should really be telling it to him now." This time, he responded to the latter's hug by embracing her tight as well. "Thanks Joo Hyun, I almost thought that it's already impossible for me to make things right at this point."

“It will be really impossible for you to make things right Wu Fan-hyung…” a concluding voice was heeded by the two of them from a short distance that they immediately parted from each other. It was Jong-In who seemed to just wake up from slumber, and was leaning on the brick wall of the balcony’s entrance, and was holding the memoir of his beloved mother.

He began again, this time half growling, “It will be really impossible for you Wu Fan-hyung, my mother’s diary says it all.” He then shot a brief deceitful stare at his wife.

She immediately perceived what he meant from the latter’s gesture. “Jong-In…” she was helpless and that’s what all she could mutter. Did he hear everything?’ she thought as she eyed the diary in his hand, Its Milady Kims diary…’, and their secrecy began beckoning guilt on her.

“It came from your own mouth; you once like being the Sole Heir?” Jong-In started questioning the mysterious gentleman mockingly as he went in between them and he pulled his wife on his side, “I doubt if you really came here for repentance.”

“That was before Jong-In…I must admit that. I did wrong.” The mysterious gentleman was completely tongue-tied with their situation, “I…I’m sorry.”

“You think I’m still that gullible boy you used to be with?” he advanced nearing his face to the latter’ face as he grabbed his collar, “I’m sorry too, but I’m not Wu Fan-hyung. He addressed him full of mockery in his tone.

“Jong-In, give him a chance to explain…don’t judge him right away. Please don’t fight.” His wife tried to stop him, by pulling his arm.

He then briefly diverted his attention to his wife, “And I even doubt you Joo Hyun, you might really know that he is the real Sole Heir, right?” then he beamed again to the taller gentleman in front of him. “No wonder the Milady choose to be closer to her supposed to be real husband.”

The mysterious gentleman knows that he has a huge mistake, but the latter was also bashing Seohyun and it was more unbearable for him, he then held the arm of his younger brother that was gripping on his collar. “Don’t include you wife…we’re the once who got problem in here.”

“I’m touched, you  two are really too close...are you a lot more envious of me right now because I married your supposed-to-be wife?” he scornfully chuckled.

Jong-in was indeed stating a fact, he has feelings for Joo Hyun but he also knows his disposition very well, and knows that his younger brother was also getting overboard so he stuck to be just, and defended himself, “Think as dirty as you can Jong-In, but don’t accuse her easily, all she thinks about is you.”

Tears started trailing down from the present milady’s eyes, she couldn’t bear her other half’s scorning, and felt touched by the mysterious gentleman’s defenses for her.

“Don’t you dare lecture me, she’s my wife. I know what do with her!” he shot back rather screwed, as if he was talking that he posses a mere item. He then began to clench his fist and swung it hard on the mysterious gentleman’s face.

“I admit I’m the wrong one here…” he wiped the blood that immediately flourished in his bruised lip, “…but seriously you’re being disrespectful to your own wife.” He then began to respond a heavy blow to the heir.

Then the two began brawling all over the frozen floor of the mansion’s balcony. She attempted to stop the two from brawling, but Jong-In who was dominating their brawl seemed to will not let the latter survive from his horrid beating. He was full of fury that what can be perceived in his dark orbs was pure wrath towards the mysterious gentleman.

“Jong-In, please stop!” she cried out loud as she was pulling her husband with all her strength from his waist. “Jong-In, please stop this gosh why can’t you listen first?”

He then briefly faced his wife again, and growled his heart out, “Listen? And then get tricked again…why don’t you look at yourself? You’ve already make a fool out of me Joo Hyun!”

He was about to throw another punch from the mysterious gentleman’s face who could only cover his face from the latter’s unstoppable beating when his wife spoke again, “I did not hide it on purpose Jong-In. So please stop.”

He did listen to his wife’s pleading but he scorned her again, “Once is enough, and twice is too much Joo Hyun…I’m sorry but I won’t let anyone make a fool out of me again. He did it first, you did it just now and if I listen to your explanation I might end up being tricked again. I won’t be fooled for the third time, no one could ever fool me, NOT EVEN YOU!!”

For the last time, he glanced to the direction of the mysterious gentleman, who was bitten on the freezing floor by him for the last time as he stood up, he remarked, “Serve’s you right, actually I’m still being too kind to you today. Honestly I wanted to beat you up like what you did to me before.” He then made his way back inside the mansion.

She cried out loud, pleading for her husband to listen but Jong-in never once looked back as he completely faded from her sight.

His trust was broken.

All she could do was to weep her heart out as she fell on her knees on the frozen ground beside the mysterious gentleman.

“It’s my entire fault Joo Hyun…I’m sorry.” Wu Fan apologized in a hoarsely manner.

----------

From a not-so-far view from the mansion, the serene gentleman was gawking on them. Merrily rejoicing for the new photographs of the milady, and the mysterious gentleman he just captured, and especially the marvelous brawling of the brothers.

He let out a devilish smirk in contrary of his handsome dimpled face. “All is well for me. Gosh, you’re even making my task a lot easier.” He mumbled to himself.

----------

As the heir entered their room and literally banged the door close, he furiously released his anger on the wall. Mixed emotions of jealousy and wrath from the mysterious gentleman swallowed him.

He growled, cuffed every thing that he could see that as if he was an insane person until he had his both fists bruised up.

Wu Fan, let us playus three. The evil notion sprung inside his clouded mind.