Secrets Revealed

The Heir's Love Story

Author's Note: Please Read this chapter carefully :) And enjoy!

 

As soon as they went home, Jong-In dragged his wife all the way to their room.

She kept jerking her arm off her husband, since the latter's grip was kind of hurting her. But the heir was fully possessed by his fury that he was indifferent with the latter's feelings.

"Kim Joo Hyun, what was that?" he asked growling in his wife's face as soon as they entered and locked the doorknob of their room.

"Please, it hurts Jong-In, get off me already." she was able to retract her arm from the latter. "Shouldn't you be the one to explain to me first? I've heard everything you said to her." Tears started to form in the inner sides of her eyes.

"What? You've heard everything?" he was slightly taken aback with the latter's sentence, but then he thought of his sense of privacy, though she is his wife what was talked between he and the heiress should have just stayed in between them, "It's something you should not have listened to. It's between us and even if you're my wife that's not enough reason to gawk on us."

"Even if Krystal already confessed to you, you're saying I cannot interrupt? Seriously Jong In, if I'm really your wife then why am I not allowed to know such thing?"

He was completely bowled over with his wife's statement, "Wait, you're jealous aren't you? But any how you still said that you should have married someone like that Wu Fan!"

He won't easily let go of his pride for the latter, and so as her. 

"Yes, I've said that." she turned her back to him as tears started flowing from her eyes. He really knows how to make her cry in an instant, "How would I not say that after hearing that you're considering Krystal to become your wife before?"

He held both of her shoulders and spun the latter to face him, "That was all in the past Joo Hyun, you're getting jealous for nothing, of course I don't really have anyone in mind back then...I only have her with me. So are you expecting me to answer her that I'm really looking forward for you when I'm really not? I'd be lying because I still did not know you back then."

He was right,they did not know each other back then, but what really hurts her is their inseparable behavior that as if the other is incomplete without the existence of the other, that if a stranger would look on the three of them, he might think that the heir and the heiress were more like a couple more than them.

"That's not it. I'm not that stupid Jong-In." she paused containing the next words she was about to say as she hesitates to let them out because she might sound selfish in front of the latter.

"Then what?" he asked but the latter turned her back to him again wanting to avoid him.

"Nothing Jong-In." she definitely couldn't muster her selfish thought to herself.

But that latter pulled her from her waist and insisted, "You tell me so we'll not argue like this anymore."

“Sometimes I really doubt you, I’m here yet as if you still cannot live a day without spending it with her.” She confessed, almost incoherently.

“What?” his tone was rather scornful. “Of course we’re partners Joo Hyun!”

“But still…” she covered trying to spill the selfishness she really wanted to utter.

“Say it Joo Hyun…”

Tears started to gush out strong from her eyes again.” You...as much as possible please stay away from her."

"Wow, just wow!" he scornfully praised the latter's words. "You know from the start that she's my best friend even before you came that person you want me to avoid is the one who has been with me all along."

She knows that her thought will be answered like that. But she insisted, "I know, it's so selfish of me but you have me already."

He heaved a sigh of disappointment, he never knew that his wife has this kind of immature thinking to think that he always look up to her because of her understanding personality. He was thrown to no avail but to agree with her, but he won't let the latter without doing his condition in return. "Fine, that's what you want I'll break my promise to Krystal...but I'll send your ethics teacher back to China."

"That's what I really hate about you Jong-In, you won't do something without something in return. I thought you've change through time. I remember you when we're still not married you're actually the same, you even bribed me back then." she recalled the latter's attitude which she hated the most and used it as her reason.

But the heir won't let the latter win without an argument, as his chest suddenly felt all stuffed and wanted to explode. "I think it's just appropriate, because I don't like hearing you that you want to marry a person like him instead of me."

"If you only knew, he's the only person who always listens to me Jong-In."

"...and you already knew I've hated him a lot since I was a child Joo Hyun." he immediately countered the latter's statement. "All thanks to him I was not really able to enjoy the life I wanted to live back then." his tears also trailed down from his eyes.

"It's all in the past Jong-In, if you only knew why that person chose to stay here it's because he wanted to make it up to you." she tried to enlighten up her husband, and thought. 'Your brother wanted to be your brother again Jong-In.'

"How I wish sorry could make my spine injury okay, and then I have forgiven him already. I was willing to forgive him before, but you know what he did? He just left and just told me I'm weak." he said in between sobs. "He never chose to say sorry when he has all the time before, and now you're telling me he wanted to make it up to right now? That's insane."

Her husband has a point; at least she knew both sides of the story, at least he made her understand where his angst towards the mysterious gentleman came from, at least she wasn’t puzzled to her own husband’s feelings any longer. 'Now I know why Wu Fan-oppa's saying that it all came back to him in the end.'  She then pulled her husband into a tight embrace and hushed him. "At least you let me know Jong-In...At least you let me know."

"...and that's why I hate it when you have gotten closer to him." he added as his fury blended in with his sobs. It was all because of painful memories.

 

It may be painful for her husband yet she also knows the mysterious gentleman's side. All she wanted for the two was to at least reconcile if things were really not meant to be fixed.

"It's been years Jong-In. He might have done something wrong to you, but always remember that change is the only constant thing in this world. He might have done bad things to you before, but who knows now? Learn how to let go, forgive him."

If the heir was just as forgiving as her then things will be a lot easier.

He buried his face in her hair; it was the most calming place he could cry his heart out. "That's why I even envy him now; you're always taking his side."

"I'm not Jong-In, it's because I know his side, and I'm thankful you're able to open up to me now as well." she reasoned out.

"It's because you're always with him that's why I could not open up to you." he kept arguing.

'And you're always around her that's why I have no choice to be around him.' she wanted to say it but she was afraid that it might turn into another heated argument between the both of them.

"It has been a day, you're all tired aren't you?" she broke the hug and wiped her husband's tears on his face. Indeed his childish side is still evident in him, and all she could do is to deal with it. "Sleep beside me tonight so you'll have a good night sleep. I'm also sorry to what I've said."

She then guide the latter in his room, which was technically, became her room since her stay in the mansion.

And like a child, she cuddled her husband in her arms until he fell into slumber and so was she.

Though things weren’t perfectly settled because she immediately gave way for her husband, it’s all good when things between couples are fixed before going to sleep.
 

----------

Joo Hyun was in a deep slumber when Jong-In woke up enveloped in her arms. It was sure the best picture of them he could ever treasure since it was the first time they really slept together in one bed as husband and wife.

He admired his wife's appearance as she sleeps. She is really a beauty, and it pushed him to a realization that he was fortunate to marry such a girl.

'I'm sorry as well, I should have been more considerate to you Joo Hyun.' he thought as he gently traced his wife's from her forehead down to the tip of her nose, and as he eyed on her slightly puckered pinkish lips, the urge of stealing a kiss from her entered his mind again. '...and maybe I was really wrong when I told Soo Jung that I'm considering her back then.'  

And as his usual habit of stealing kisses from the latter whenever she's in a deep slumber possessed him, he did not hesitate to take his golden opportunity to lightly kiss his wife's lips for the very first time.

That was the most magical moment for them, well, technically only for him.
But right after he stole her lips for a millisecond, the latter began to move so he immediately distanced himself to the latter and went to the other side of the bed.

He then heaved a sigh of relief as he sneakily gawk at her briefly to check if she woke up or not. And fortunately, she just created a motion but was still in a deep sleep.

Moments passed, but the most of the evening became sleepless for him as he thought of the kiss he stole lingered in his mind. He could move an inch to where he was, as his embarrassment to go near her again engulfed him. Well, not until he eyed his wife's bag that was on the floor almost right next to him.

‘Maybe, advance reading would help me. Her hand writing is excellent right? She wouldn’t mind if I borrow her notebook, right?’ that was the most effective idea he could ever think of to ease his restlessness.

He then sneakily zipped off the bag and looked for her notebook, but instead of finding her notebook, he found an old notebook that seemingly appeared like a memoir. He then got intrigued assuming that it was his wife’s diary, ‘Too old? Is she keeping a diary for that long? Joo Hyun, you’re really amusing at times.’

But as he read the golden initials embedded at the old memoir, his curiosity grew even more as another intuition sprung to him, ‘KTY? Joo Hyun, you’re silly…why would you put KTY as your initials in here.’

 

He then flipped the cover of the old memoir, and read its cover page:

'This is a property of Kim Taeyon fourth Milady of the Kims. 1991 – 199 – this is my daily memoir and all written in here are the happenings of my pre-nuptial and daily life as the fourth Milady of the Kim Family. If found, please kindly return at the written address below

Blocks 12 to 44 Lonsdale Side Street, Nottinghill, London, England’

 

His eyes widened, as he read every detail of the old memoir which belonged to his mother. ‘It is mom’s diary but how come Joo Hyun has this?’ he then briefly glanced at his sleeping wife, and continued reading the diary from pages to pages.

 

September 16, 1991,
            It’s indeed a very surprising day; I thought my appa-nim was going to tell me that I just passed the butler’s exam in the Kims mansion. I was very nervous since I have to go there in a very presentable manner that I needed to dress myself almost like a princess – to tell you diary it was very uncomfortable and it’s not really necessary to wear such! I want to become a lady-butler, but I think father has gone insane and everybody was insane in that mansion.
           

             This afternoon appa-nim introduced me to the heir of the mansion, Young Master Yunho. He’s really a prince charming appearance wise, but he’s definitely a mischievous one. I don’t like him, and I don’t wan to be one of his mistresses. For goodness sake whose sane girl would like to see her fiancé goofing off with three girls all at the same time in front of her? Yes. I wrote it down to you correctly diary, he is my fiancé. For God knows when did I became fiancée to him. I never thought that appa-nim would screw my life like this.
 

-Kim Taeyon-

 

 

November 18, 1991,
           He sure is cocky, but I never thought that he also has his good side after all. I just received my Chemistry grade and as I expect the worst outcome I failed it. Good thing he made and effort to stroll with me as I walk home and you know what was really touching, he ate street ice cream with me though he tends to irk on poor people’s things. But the bad thing was he got stomach ache as soon as we got home. He has his cute side though.
-Kim Taeyon-

 

December 21, 1991

 

Good heavens why do they have to rush our wedding like this? I did not really agree with this and the elders were really rushing things.

But you know what's unique about our wedding diary? It's our wedding day at the same time my first kiss.

 

I know right, okay I'm going to admit it since it's my first evening being Milady Kim. I like my husband very much.
-Kim Taeyon.

Mixed emotions started to grow inside him at that very moment, he could not help but to cry because of knowing his own mother’s memories and smile at the same time or knowing that his mother has childish side, ‘I’ve never thought that you’re this kind of person Taeyon –umma. We’re the same now I’ve just kissed her.’

 

He then started to read from pages to pages, and discovered the ups and downs of his family in his foregone past.

 

September 28 1993,

 

I never thought that this would occur in our relationship. I just knew that my husband's former girlfriend Lady Wu would have a son with him, Grand Master didn't know it though and if he knew I wonder what action he would do. We just knew now that she committed suicide after two years of not having a communication with Yunho and knowing that were married for more than two years now.

It hurts me to the extent that I want to turn my back to him now, but now that I'm pregnant with our baby boy I don't think that I can be selfish that much. Now my son inside me is the most precious person I could never forsake.

 

-Milady Taeyon-

November 17, 1993

Today Yunho brought his son in the mansion; I don't know what to feel. I cannot lie that I am all fine after knowing that he has his son with his former lover but the little boy is innocent to be blamed because of his father's mistake. It’s all breaking me.

 

I'm starting to get by though, I'm thankful that Yunho is honest enough to tell everything wrong he committed in his past. Hence, he chose our family, and for the first time in our marriage life he admitted that he also loves me.

-Milady KTY-

January 21 1994,

 

This past week has been the most precious moments in my life. I just gave birth to my precious angel Jong-In. He's too cute though he cries a lot at night. He's mixed of our features but I hope he does get most of my features, selfish much? It's because Yunho is acting all possessive with our son talking that he should resemble him and not me because he might look like a midget when he takes after me. But I don't think he's going to after my height, my baby boy has long legs and arms though.

Wu Fan now is a Hyung to my baby Jong-In he's been with us for a few months now, and to tell you honestly I feel for the child and I also want to take care of him as my own.

 

I want to live a happy family with my three handsome guys.

Jong-In-ah thank you for coming into our lives, you don't know how Taeyon-umma loves you very much.

 

-Milady Kim Taeyon-

January 21 1994,
This past week has been the most precious moments in my life. I just gave birth to my precious angel Jong-In. He's too cute though he cries a lot at night. He's mixed of our features but I hope he does get most of my features, selfish much? It's because Yunho is acting all possessive with our son talking that he should resemble him and not me because he might look like a midget when he takes after me. But I don't think he's going to after my height, my baby boy has long legs and arms though.

Wu Fan now is a Hyung to my baby Jong-In he's been with us for a few months now, and to tell you honestly I feel for the child and I also want to take care of him as my own.

 

I want to live a happy family with my three handsome guys.

Jong-In-ah thank you for coming into our lives, you don't know how Taeyon-umma loves you very much.

 

-Milady Kim Taeyon-

 

He was definitely knocked of six for reading the inquiries, he cannot believe what he have read with his own two eyes the name of the first son of his father is Wu Fan.

‘Wu Fan? Wu Fan is really my brother?’ he then wiped the remaining tears off his face. At that point he really wanted to wake his wife from her deep slumber, but then he chose to continue reading silently.


 

April 12, 1995,

 

Yesterday, I was not able hold my tears as Wu Fan needed to go back to China since Lord Wu of the Wu household wanted his grandson to grow up under his care. Though, I’m really having a bad feeling about that old master because he calls Yunho as an irresponsible father towards his eldest, and was even throwing wrath to our family by giving his hateful view of our marriage on media people. I understand his anger, but I cannot contemplate on how ruthless he is. I doubt how Wu Fan will grow up properly under his care, that child is also precious to me, I’ve took care of him for few months before giving birth to my Jong-In, I consider him as my own and it really pains me to see him go away. All I wish is for him to grow up well, and I want to meet him someday and I'm hoping that he will still remember me.

-Milady KTY-
 

November 27, 1995,

 

I simply cannot understand why all these things are happening to us. I just got a call from my parents in Seoul, they said they were threatened two days ago and that they would move back to Jeonju because they’re afraid of it that they would be killed and told me that I would be killed if I'm not going to divorce with Yunho, and that I should withdraw from being the milady of Kims household, go away together with my son, Jong-In.

It pains me that my parents' lives were also at stake because of me. But I also have my own family now, and being with my husband and son is my life already.

 

I should definitely not feel threatened with things like this, I am Milady Kim of this household and my son Jong-In has his right to be with his father even if he's technically his second son. I should be courageous to protect my child. God, he’s just about to turn two.
 

I don't hold a grudge towards Wu Fan because that poor child doesn't know anything. And if the situation is getting more and more dangerous for my son because of the sole heir position, I really won't mind if he gets it or not, it depends on Yunho's decision to whomever he wanted to pass his title. If he chooses Wu Fan, it's not really going to be a big deal for me and I will be happy for him as much as I will be happy if Jong-In would become the sole heir I came to love that child as my own since . The only people that I hate is Wu Fan's grandfather Lord Wu, I think he's too greedy though I see that he is angry because Lady Wu took suicide because of knowing that Yunho and I are married, but I think he is too abusive to make use of the poor child's opportunity to also benefit with the inheritance.

I really don't mind if Jong-In's going to grow up as a commoner, but as a mother I would choose what's best for my son and what my son really deserves. My poor Jong-In is already involve in such kind of situation and I fear that something bad might happen to him.

-Milady KTY-

 


January 31, 1997,

It has been three years since Wu Fan left us to go with his grandpa. I'm really curious and excited to meet him again. Finally, Yunho decided to get our first son from Lord Wu. Yes, I consider Wu Fan as my own, even if I did not really gave birth to him the time I spent with the child is also precious for me. He is a good kid, and he is really handsome, I’ve seen his mother in photographs and Chinese magazines she’s famous and she really looked like him, very beautiful…I was really sorry for her though; she loved my husband so much that she went insane because of it. If I could just only turn back the time when I was not still in love with Yunho, then I would and I would gladly give way for them. But it was already late, even the time that we knew that she took her own life was late.

 

What am I writing? Too much drama, silly me…I’m just really excited, how I wish I could fast forward time so it will be March and Wu Fan could play along with my little Jong-In. I’m imagining…they would really look adorable together. I’m dreaming of having a family picture with my three handsome boys since we just took a picture of us three during Jong-In’s birthday. By the way, I’m seeing a potential ballerina in the making in my son. I’m proud! I thought he’s going to inherit my singing ability but he’s really taking his father’s characteristics and I envy it so much.

So that’s all for now, I hope that things will turn out good and our family’s going to be complete again.

 

-Milady KTY-


February 13, 1997

The life of our family is not that perfect as what it looks like in magazines. How could I laugh now when things are really going insane these days? Yunho just talked with Lord Wu two days ago regarding about Wu Fan, and now my mother just called me that they’ve received a beheaded dog with a threat that my parents and I will be killed if we’re not going to stop. I simply wanted to tell these dreaded things that Lord Wu is doing to Grand Master Kim, but Yunho doesn’t want me to do so…maybe he is afraid that his relationship with Lady Wu will be revealed, I hate him for that, but he has reasons he doesn’t really want it to let me know but I’ll trust him with that.

 

Maybe because he knew for the fact that Grand Master Kim is going to consider things like the sole heir title. Perhaps he is thinking that Jong-In will just be the second choice if the old master would know about Wu Fan’s existence…but for a person like me whose happiness is not based on any forms of wealth I’ll not worry if Wu Fan’s going to be the heir, and my Jong-In, I want him to be happy from what he has, I don’t want him to become a greedy person someday, I want him y\to grow as a gentleman who knows how to love, take care, and provide for his own family with his utmost capability. I’m not saying that I want him to grow in the suburbs land live a commoner life; I’m just saying that it’s better to live a humble life than to be swallowed up by greed like the people surrounding us, if you know who the person I am talking about diary.

-Milady KTY-


March 18, 1997,

Yunho's on his way to China now, I hope he'll be safe...and I hope he will successfully retrieve Wu Fan from Lord Wu. I am really afraid that they did not have a good disclosure about this matter.

He wanted to get Wu Fan badly ...he even said that he needed to get him back whether by hook or by crook. For some reasons I really feel uneasy regarding my husband and Lord Wu's conversation. Yunho was too brave, I've accidentally heard their phone conversation last three days and for good heavens, that old man is really evil he said that he would kill my husband once he set foot in China. I don't really know how evil and crooked that old man's ways are. I think he badly wanted to hit two birds in one stone by making Wu Fan become the heir of the Wu family and making the little boy the sole heir of the Kims. I'm seeing what he wanted to happen. He's really using the poor child for all the wealth, he also wanted to take control of this family's wealth by using his grandson...I can't imagine such person whose attitude is far worse than a dog.

-Milady KTY-

 

As he closed the old memoir of his mother, he literally fell on his knees and silently wept. Everything was disclosed now. He knew the mysterious gentleman’s real identity, he is his half brother. He knew who was their family’s foe and presumed that it was the mysterious gentleman’s grandfather Lord Wu who caused the real demise of his parents. Hence, there are lots of reasons why he has to hate the mysterious gentleman even more.

 

But what really intrigued him at that very moment was why was the memoir of his mother was in his wife’s belongings and the suspicion why the latter was still so close to Wu Fan if she knows everything, and why she chose to keep it from him.

He then, put the old diary back into the latter’s bag and went back beside her, as he silently wept his heart out, ‘I hate doubting you Joo Hyun, I really hate this feeling right now. But why didn’t you tell it to me?’

 

He neared his face to the later as he slowly tucked her into an embrace once again, ‘I’ll wait for the time that you’re going to open this up to me…I’ll wait, I trust you.’


Because of love, he still gave the latter a chance to confess what she knows about his past. Trust is one of the firm foundation of love, but what if she loses the chance to disclose it to him?