Secrets Part 2

The Heir's Love Story

She then let the mysterious gentleman read everything that she has read in the past and the evening before she consoled him. Some of the memoirs were familiar for the mysterious gentleman, he remembered his moments living together once with his father's family. But some of it was a complete puzzle for him, and some even made his mind bewildered as the stories of his grandfather Lord Wu, and the other inquiries written in the former Milady's diary were contradictory to each other.

"My mom...Grandpa told me she took suicide because Lord Yunho left us to marry the former Milady Kim." he stated rather shocked in disbelief of what he just read.

"But Milady Kim told in here that Lord Yunho and your mother were former lovers and she just met your father year after Lord Yunho and Lady Wu got separated with each other."  

He was completely thrown into confusion on that moment. He knew his grandfather's attitude really well but considering that the old lord's side he understand that he's a father and he does those things because he lost his only daughter - his mom.

"I-I don't know what to say with that Joo Hyun."  He tried to be objective as hard as he could. "Shall we read more?"

So, they read the diary from pages to pages and knew the thoughts of the former Milady towards the mysterious gentleman and her thoughts about the sole heir title.

 

January 31, 1997,

It has been three years since Wu Fan left us to go with his grandpa. I'm really curious and excited to meet him again. Finally, Yunho decided to get our first son from Lord Wu. Yes, I consider Wu Fan as my own, even if I did not really gave birth to him the time I spent with the child is also precious for me. He is a good kid, and he is really handsome, I’ve seen his mother in photographs and Chinese magazines she’s famous and she really looked like him, very beautiful…I was really sorry for her though; she loved my husband so much that she went insane because of it. If I could just only turn back the time when I was not still in love with Yunho, then I would and I would gladly give way for them. But it was already late, even the time that we knew that she took her own life was late.

What am I writing? Too much drama, silly me…I’m just really excited, how I wish I could fast forward time so it will be March and Wu Fan could play along with my little Jong-In. I’m imagining…they would really look adorable together. I’m dreaming of having a family picture with my three handsome boys since we just took a picture of us three during Jong-In’s birthday. By the way, I’m seeing a potential ballerina in the making in my son. I’m proud! I thought he’s going to inherit my singing ability but he’s really taking his father’s characteristics and I envy it so much.

So that’s all for now, I hope that things will turn out good and our family’s going to be complete again.

-Milady KTY-

 

 

February 13, 1997

The life of our family is not that perfect as what it looks like in magazines. How could I laugh now when things are really going insane these days? Yunho just talked with Lord Wu two days ago regarding about Wu Fan, and now my mother just called me that they’ve received a beheaded dog with a threat that my parents and I will be killed if we’re not going to stop. I simply wanted to tell these dreaded things that Lord Wu is doing to Grand Master Kim, but Yunho doesn’t want me to do so…maybe he is afraid that his relationship with Lady Wu will be revealed, I hate him for that, but he has reasons he doesn’t really want it to let me know but I’ll trust him with that.

Maybe because he knew for the fact that Grand Master Kim is going to consider things like the sole heir title. Perhaps he is thinking that Jong-In will just be the second choice if the old master would know about Wu Fan’s existence…but for a person like me whose happiness is not based on any forms of wealth I’ll not worry if Wu Fan’s going to be the heir, and my Jong-In, I want him to be happy from what he has, I don’t want him to become a greedy person someday, I want him y\to grow as a gentleman who knows how to love, take care, and provide for his own family with his utmost capability. I’m not saying that I want him to grow in the suburbs land live a commoner life; I’m just saying that it’s better to live a humble life than to be swallowed up by greed like the people surrounding us, if you know who the person I am talking about diary.

-Milady KTY-

 

"Wu Fan-oppa, can I ask you something?"

He briefly nodded to the latter due to his bewildered state after reading the former milady's inquiries.

"Do you hold grudges towards your father...I mean, Lord Yunho?"

"I don't know what to say right now Joo Hyun." he could not react as casual as he wanted to. He was calculating every move and every word that he would say towards the latter. But his uneasiness that built up in him that time was evident and he could not deny it.

"It shows oppa." she was honest with her observation. "...it's okay to let your true feelings when you're with me. We're companions, right? And you're my best oppa in this mansion." she tried to lighten up the mood of the latter.

"I would be lying if I say I don't feel anything bad about him."

"It's shows Wu Fan-oppa...I never heard you call him father or appa."

All he could respond is a sigh with all his suppressed feelings - mixed emotions of his regrets and his grudge towards his own father.

"Now that you know that Milady Taeyon cared for you too how do you feel about it?"

Her question struck him once again; he grew up as a gentleman also holding grudges towards the former milady being brain washed by Lord Wu. The only person who he really cared in his "family" all through out the years is his younger brother Jong-In, and now his technically sister-in-law Joo Hyun - probably the person he cared more than his half-sibling.

"Fine. I won't be asking again. I don't like my Wu Fan-oppa to sulk his handsome face this morning." like the way he dearly ruffles her hair every time she needed his comfort she did the same way to him. "Oppa, you're not as predictable as Jong-In that's why I call you mysterious gentleman. I like you to open up to me as much as possible, like the way I always open up to you."

"Joo Hyun, you know my thoughts...I'm unusually talkative around you, don't you know that?" he tried to jest in order to lessen the anxiousness of the latter towards him.

"It's not what I mean oppa. I know you talk to me a lot, and that's unusual to other people. But you know the talk that I mean. I know for the fact that you opened up to me for a few times, but you never let me know how you really feel about it like you're just saying it but I've never seen you frown, cry, or laugh even once."

"That's why I am mysterious Joo Hyun-ah...and have I mentioned to you? Jong-In and I have straight face genes maybe that's the best explanation I can give you." he jested, avoiding what the latter wanted to happen.

"I just want you to open up to me...for real...that's all." she was rather disappointed with the latter avoiding the topic.

And so the time came to read the last query of the former milady in her memoir.

 

March 18, 1997,

 

Yunho's on his way to China now, I hope he'll be safe...and I hope he will successfully retrieve Wu Fan from Lord Wu. I am really afraid that they did not have a good disclosure about this matter.

 

He wanted to get Wu Fan badly ...he even said that he needed to get him back whether by hook or by crook. For some reasons I really feel uneasy regarding my husband and Lord Wu's conversation. Yunho was too brave, I've accidentally heard their phone conversation last three days and for good heavens, that old man is really evil he said that he would kill my husband once he set foot in China. I don't really know how evil and crooked that old man's ways are. I think he badly wanted to hit two birds in one stone by making Wu Fan become the heir of the Wu family and making the little boy the sole heir of the Kims. I'm seeing what he wanted to happen. He's really using the poor child for all the wealth, he also wanted to take control of this family's wealth by using his grandson...I can't imagine such person whose attitude is far worse than a dog.

 

-Milady KTY-

 

Her intuition really gone untamed at that moment, she knew it right from the start that the mysterious gentleman’s grandfather was the one behind the hideous past of them, but the fact that the evil behind all of the rumpus was the latter’s grandfather she could not tell it straightforwardly, “Wu Fan-oppa…perhaps.” She could not continue what she really wanted to tell him.

“Now we know there’s really a lot more to hate about me.” He concluded after knowing that hideous things that occurred in the past were all because of him.

“…Lord Wu is the one who caused everything.” She tried to put the thought into the simplest words that could make it the situation look lighter. “You’re not the one who caused it…don’t blame yourself.” She squeezed the hand of the latter.

“How couldn’t I? Jong-In suffered a lot because of me. He lost them because of me.” His eyes glistened as tears were starting to form in his eyes. “…and what makes it worse, I even hurt him because once I took the grudge I was holding from our father on him.”

It was the first time she has seen the mysterious gentleman cried his heart.

“It’s all in the past oppa. We cannot do anything about it…you can cry for now, but the only opion left for you is to be brave enough to face the present.” She pulled the latter into a comforting hug. “Be brave Wu Fan-oppa, you want your baby brother back right? Let me help you with it.”

She was right, but his fear of revealing his real identity towards the heir is not really an unproblematic matter, the fact that the heir’s parents got killed by his grandfather and because of him and the fact that Jong-In’s really just the second choice for the sole heir position makes things even worse. He doesn’t really want to cause alterations towards his younger brother’s present life. But his whole being was meant to do it.

“N-not now Joo Hyun.” He declined the latter’s offer.

“But until when oppa?”

“N-not now…I don’t know if it’s still appropriate to make unveil who I really am to him.” He cried even harder.

“It’s Jong’In’s right oppa. Do you know that he longs for a family?” she broke their hug and cupped the latter’s face. “Don’t forget your goal why you came all the way here.”

“Then let’s keep this secret for the mean time…I won’t tell it to him until he gets the sole heir title. Promise me Joo Hyun. Let me do it.” He knew himself that he was really unsure if he’s really going to do it.

“Okay then, it’s a promise.” And so, the truce of hiding the undisclosed was made.

----------

 

“Are you sure you’re not going to eat lunch now?” Krystal asked Jong-In while looking at her wristwatch. “…it’s past three in the afternoon now.”

“You go stuff yourself Soo Jung.” He answered not averting his attention from the blood specimen he was examining under the microscope. “I’ll wait for Joo Hyun to finish her practical exam then we’ll eat together.”

“You’re sure huh? Okay, go starve yourself then.” She left the latter coolly.

 

 

It was quarter to three in the afternoon when Joo Hyun finished her practical exam. Though she studied a lot last night, the secrets that were unveiled to them kept bothering her that she was not able to focus fully on her exam.

She has her shoulders sulking when she bumped with her husband waiting for him outside the laboratory where she came from.

“Any problem?” he asked raising his wife’s chin. “Ahah! I bet you have a failed practical grade!” he jestingly concluded.

“Almost.” She heaved a disappointed sigh not paying much attention to his amorous act.

“My! My! My!” he pinched her cheeks hard not wanting to see the latter’s down expression. “I’m sorry…I didn’t know but what happened? You studied a lot last night right?”

“Nothing Jong-In.” she denied, but her mind was preoccupied with the same thought.

‘Is she having her period today? That’s when girls usually lose their mood right?’ he thought nearing his face towards the latter as he gave her a quizzical look. He hesitated to ask at first but eventually asked the awkward question, “Perhaps, you’re having…your…Perhaps you’re having your monthly period?”

She then gave him a smug look, “How can you ask me such thing? You’re getting more and more erted these days Jong-in.”

He then let go of her and stepped backward, he easily gets into her nerves each passing day.

“Sorry.” He apologized, “…I just don’t want to see you sad.”

“Then don’t forget your manners Jong-In.” with her tone, it was more like she really has her monthly period. And she was developing a wife nagger attitude towards him. However, her real reason for showing a smug attitude towards the latter is just for a show, she doesn’t really want him to know what was running in her mind.

“Okay. I won’t…promise.” Like a helpless little child all he could do was to abide.

“Why are you here then?” she asked, aware that the latter was also not yet done with his shifting schedule.

He literally cringed by the way she talked to him, and could not answer properly, “I-I…” Fortunately, his stomach grumbled and spoke out on behalf of him.

“You haven’t eaten yet?”  Her mood immediately shifted into an anxious one.

“I was waiting for you, you know…” he shyly admitted.

“You should not have waited for me…you starved yourself for almost four hours? Jong-In, I know you’re rich but medicine is still expensive did I even forget to remind you to take good care of yourself?” she scolded her husband again, as he pulled his hand and dragged him on the way to the hospital’s cafeteria.

“I’m sorry again Joo Hyun.” Though the latter was really scolding him a lot, it really makes him feel as if he’s the happiest person. He has a wife who was slowly developing a wife nagger attitude, but the fact that she’s always worried for him makes him really happy.

“Next time I’ll be preparing pack lunch for you.”  She uttered rather mad but full of anxiousness towards the latter.

“Yes.” He muttered to himself as he pumped his fist in the air.

“What’s your problem again Jong-In?” she gave him a sharp look.

He stopped walking and firmly pulled his wife for a back hug from her waist, and leaned his chin on her shoulder. “Thanks Joo Hyun that’s why I trust you even in taking care of my health.”

‘Trust’ the word clouted her for holding the biggest secret of his past. She herself doesn’t really know if she really deserves his trust. She wanted to unveil it to him but she already made a promise to the mysterious gentleman to let him be the one to confess it all to the heir.

Thus, holding a secret really makes someone’s conscience heavy, and makes peoples’ relationships convoluted.

 

 

Unknown to the two, the serene looking gentleman was silently watching them.

“Kim Jong-In, make the most of it and be happy until you can. Serve Christmas as my mercy gift for you.”