Battle of the Wits - His Sincere Heart

The Heir's Love Story

Jong-In almost fell on his knees upon seeing his wife being kissed by another man. His dark orbs were glistening, balls of tears were forming. He just felt being ripped inside out.

Krystal got him on track shortly just when he fell on his knees and witnessed the exact scene. Hence, she was also taken aback, and her expectation to the Milady instantly wavered. But then she took a careful look, she cannot just judge a thing by just merely looking; she needed to analyze what was really happening.

The scene was indeed deceitful and heart-wrecking from the heir’s perspective so she carefully studied the reaction of the Milady – she was frozen, and she was not kissing back the latter.

‘Definitely he should look at my perspective.’

“Jong-In get up! Get up!” she held the latter’s shoulders who was on his knees and was silently weeping his heart.

“Look carefully Jong-In! She’s your wife; go grab her no matter how weird your relationship is she’s still yours! Get up!” she encouraged the latter, unsure if she was also hurting her self with her own words.

 

He gaited and immediately dashed his way in between his wife and the serene gentleman upon realizing the heiress' words.

He immediately landed his knuckles on the serene gentleman’s face.

“How dare you kiss someone else’s wife!” he roared furiously as he possessively retracted his wife by pulling her from her waist, and even hit the serene gentleman’s chest viciously and made him recoil few meters away from them.

The milady was still in shock, her system went all blank when the serene gentleman kissed her, and the next thing she knew, she was already on her husband's side who was furious and crying.

“Jong – “she faintly summoned him, but before she could even finish uttering his name she was enveloped with sudden fear due to his tight grip that was already hurting her and overflowing fury.

“You back off or you won’t see tomorrow if you dare to step forward once more!” he growled furiously threatening the latter.

Though Yi Xing got literally thrown away by the heir, he did not feel a little tinge of fear and still walked towards him.

“Don’t tell me, you still have the guts after letting your wife see everything.” he hissed deviously completely contradicting what he just said to the milady when he was comforting her.

He was stating a fact, he accidentally almost kissed the heiress, and even though their lips merely even touched, and the whole thing was not intentional, the main point was his wife saw it.

The milady who also heard everything got her feelings all mixed up, she was bewildered with the serene gentleman’s words. He was the one saying to her that what happend between her husband and the heiress was just an accident not to be taken seriously, but he was contradicting his own statement now. Hence, whether it was accidentally or intentionally it already broke her heart.

 

She then retracted from her husband’s grip and uttered in a rather disgust tone, “Hands off of me, Jong-In.” 

But the heir was really furious, that he won’t listen to anyone and would do what he wanted to do to get what he wanted to happen whether by words or by force.  He then gripped on his wife again and forcefully carried her on his shoulder.

The serene gentleman then advance near him an attempted to get Joo Hyun away from him, but before he could even make a move, the insanely furious heir shoved him off once again, “Don’t you dare, ‘cause I will not be thinking twice to kill you.”

He briefly joggled the weight of his wife on his shoulder. Seriously, he was carrying her like a dead bulk of meat.

“Put me down! Put me down!” Seohyun protested, even kicking and punching her husband just to put her down, but it seems that he wasn't hearing anything; he never budged and just accepted every single hit he receives from the latter as he sprinted their way away from the serene gentleman and the heiress sight.

----------

 

“Mind you Yi Xing-oppa that wasn’t intentional.” Krystal reminded the serene gentleman.

“But you two still kissed.” He reasoned out holding his crushed chest that was still in pain.

“Mind you again, our lips barely even touched. Aren't you aware of the word ALMOST?” She started to argue and hardly slapped the serene gentleman’s chest.” Those two already have so many problems, at least let them be alone and don’t budge in between them anymore.”

“But you’re also hurt, right?” he argued with the latter persistently.

“One more word from you and I swear Samsung snipers are gonna shoot your skull right at this moment.” She threatened the latter, with her arms crossed on her chest. The latter just made her feel even more heavy hearted.

 

She then walked away coolly as possible as she could to nowhere, for she has to mend her own heart as well. ‘You’re doing the right thing Soo Jung, and you’ll be happy because you’re doing the right thing, right? Back off and think of Jong-In’s happiness, it's better to remain best friends with your best friend.’ she reminded her self, as tears started to fell from her dark orbs.

 

----------

 

"Put me down Jong-In! Put me down you're insane!" She kept kicking and punching the heir's limp and back as she was stubbornly protesting to be put down.

"Silence Joo Hyun!" the heir groaned in his usual commanding tone. Though he was not reacting to the latter's hitting he was already having a hard time dealing with her stubbornness as he carries her.

"Put me down I said! Do you even know how hard it is to be almost up-side-down?" she violently hit Jong-In's head.

He flinched but did not mind, and groaned back to her. "Do you even know how harder it is to deal with a violent wife like you?"

When they reached a narrow alley several meters away from the main road near the place where the contest was held, he then immediately put down his wife and aggressively pinned her against the wall.

"Back off of me, will you?" she tried to push him away but he was not even shaken by her. "I said back off of me, Jong-In!" she repeated, she was also getting too annoyed with the latter's stubbornness.

She did not hear any response from the latter but found her lips being wiped with his thumb as if the kiss would be erased. His fury was evident, but his tears were more dominant - his eyes could not lie about the sadness he was feeling.

As she attempt to look into his eyes, she suddenly felt the guilt building inside here, she tried to utter hurtful words once more to push him away from her, "Jong...stop. Get off - me.-"

He groaned loud still wiping her lips, "Tell me, how I could stop doing this after seeing my wife being kissed by another man?"

His possession was rather shown.

She is his wife - his arranged marriage wife to be exact, and she buried it in her mind. Though she was feeling guilty and apologetic towards him, she knew that the more she would act nice, and the more she would let him do what he wanted to do would just cause them to get even closer which is the situation they're avoiding since they bound themselves with the agreement that they'll just be husband-and-wife for a year and that they should not grow nor fall for each other. She then harshly uttered, "Don’t act like I'm your property Jong-In because I'm not!"

Her words stung the latter's heart. He could not take her rejection anymore, but what could he do the more that they grew apart from each other day -by- day the more that he longs to be with her? "Are you telling me that you liked his kiss?"

She perceived his words rather ridiculous, "Why don't you ask yourself first? Do you like her kiss?"

"Mind you, that was just an almost kiss and it was not intentional!" he began to argue.

"Even if it's an almost kiss I hate it!" she faintly uttered as tears also started to form in her orbs

"See? You're already angry with that? Put yourself into my shoes right now, you let yourself be kissed by that Yi Xing." his sarcasm was put into his words.

"You don't know what you're telling right now Jong-In!" he definitely got into her nerves with his words.” You shut up!"

"No, you shut up or one more word, I'll kiss you!" Jong-In threatened his wife.

 

Fear started to become evident in her eyes, her heart started to beat irregularly like her usual feeling whenever they get to be in close stance. She tried her best to act unfretted and attempted to summon his name to make him back off, "Jong -"

He neared his face and closed his eyes, he was true to his words - he kissed her.

But fortunately she has good reflex she was able to block her husband's kiss with her palm.

"Jong-In, you ert!" she slapped his face with her other hand. 

'ert.' the word enraged him to death. His cheek that was slapped was swollen but seemed to not hurt that much compared to his heart. With what she just did, the heir got her rejection once again.

"Right, you call me ert just now and you've just permitted yourself to be kissed by another guy?" he got furiously mad that his reasoning got even screwed up. “Great.”

He received another slap from her.

This time, he could not help but to break down. He hasn’t moved a bit that his tears also fell on her face. “Do I really look that awful to you?”

Her tongue instantly got twirled with the latter’s question. Was she even doing the right thing at that moment? She was hurting, and she was hurting him as well.

“If only I knew earlier that you’d eventually become my everything and you would just look at me like this, I shouldn’t have preserved my first kiss… I’m really wishing it would be you. But -” he couldn’t continue thinking of the same scene he just saw, he was really disappointed.

It wasn’t those three magical words, but his eyes said it all.

went gaped due to his confession just when she just rejected him.

Indeed, the heir was too stubborn for they talked about it for the nth time that no one should fall between them.

She couldn’t help it, she was also falling.

Unaware of the most appropriate things to mend the latter, she then asked, “What should I do then?”

“Let’s become husband and wife. For real.” He looked into her eyes with his sincere heart.

 

 

“But it's not going to be my first kiss anymore.” Her reasoning was rather off guard and childish.

“I’ll accept it, just promise me one thing.” He leaned his forehead to hers.

“What is it?” she cannot help but to feel the usual awkward feeling towards him. He was the only one who makes her feel that way and even if she was kissed by another person just now, her feelings whenever her husband is around her is still incomparable.

“Preserve those for me from now on.” He pertained to her lips.

 

----------

 

The evening was young and the mysterious gentleman was in his usual anxious state ever since he met his younger brother Lay together with the milady. From then on, it became his hobby to wait for Joo Hyun to go home and ask her often about what's happening to her in her daily basis.

 

But during that evening, it was different. Instead of hearing stories from the Milady, he received a call from Lay.

"What now?" he hissed to the latter on his mobile phone.

"Joo Hyun, she seems easy to fall." his tone was rather mischievous.

"What did you do to her Lay? I told you not to lay a finger on her." the mysterious gentleman got all tensed up.

"Nothing. I just kissed her... Lips. And your real younger brother Wu Fan-gege, one more wrong move from him again I swear, his gonna get what he just told me. He should be the one who should be careful."

The mysterious gentleman's eyes widened by the news of the latter, he was unsure, he felt instantly uneasy and infuriated when his younger brother told him that he kissed the Milady’s lips, but just before he felt all hopeless, he saw two familiar figures walking hand-in-hand together.

 

He was rather happy seeing Jong-in and Seohyun, yet at the same time he was slightly heavy shouldered for unknown reason.

"I guess better luck next time Lay... If I'll let you have that next time." he then ended their conversation.

 

"Wu Fan-oppa!" Joo Hyun waved her hand to him, she retracted her grip from her husband and ran to the mysterious gentleman's direction.

"It seems that my favorite student is happy, what happened today?" He has gotten used to talk to the latter casually since they've gotten closer, more like he talks to her as if the Milady was still a little child.

She looked at the heir's direction who was walking towards them, then she diverted her gaze to her ethics instructor, and requested, "Pat my head."

He then did what she told her, without knowing what the childish milady wanted to happen, "What is this?" he asked, looking at her quizzically.

"Kim Joo Hyun. Not again." the heir crossed his arms on his chest.

Thus, his wife was just playing pranks on him.

"I don't know what this kid really wanted to happen." the poor instructor tried to explain.

"Kim Joo Hyun, how could you be so polygamous?" the heir sighed.

 

Hence, he was able to say out loud what's inside his sincere heart.

But things are still innately unpredictable as they are that all of them should make the most of it for now.