Second Semester

The Heir's Love Story

Finally it was the much awaited first day of second semester, and it was the period of the senior student's internship in the hospitals they will be designated at based on their general weighted average from the start of their pre-medical proper up to the previous semester.

Hence, it was just the first day of the first week of the second semester and they could still relax for another ten days until the professors finalize where they would be assigned to.

Mr. Park Jung Soo just met them and got their attendance during their first period. Because of this, they were able to have a pretty early break, as they still need to wait if there are professors who will meet them for the entire day.

"What a waste! I should have slept longer, Mr. Park just freaking got our attendance and that's all!" Sooyoung complained as she put mouthful of dubbokki inside .

"Chill Soo, we still have two more professors to meet before we can call it a day." Yuri attempted to calm the latter.

"As if they're really going to come and orient us. Gosh! We're just waiting for attendance." She shot back as she scooped another spoonful of dubbokki.

"Sheesh, Shikshin I bought that for the four of us to share!" Yoona screeched grabbing the bowl of dubbokki from their shikshin friend and even exclaimed. "And since when did you become fond of sleeping, are you some kind of Ice Princess? You're a Shikshin Soo, a SHIKSHIN better stick to that!"

"Look at this alligator, as if you don't eat that much, I've seen you eat noodles numerous times and you're even worse than me!" the shikshin warmed up for another session of their clique's bickering.

"Yah, stop! I'm jealous." the tanned girl got in between them.

"What's your problem dark skin? Jealous that I'm picking on Alligator right now?"

"Sort of." the tanned girl was totally the corniest person amongst them. Even if Joo Hyun is the most upright amongst them, at least she knows how to look funny without even trying. Well, most of the time when the three of them bully her.

Beside the doe-eyed girl, the youngest amongst them was having her own session - staring blankly to the vast space of the cafeteria, she was spacing out.

She remained motionless, she was physically present with her dearest friends yet her mind was traveling somewhere else. She was thinking of how meek she was last night not uttering a word in respond to his last statement.

'What he said at Westminster, he meant it but I did not say anything last night. I hung him again last night.'

"Yah maknae Hyun!" her best friend wrapped her arm around her shoulders. "Chanyeol told us that Jong-In bought you Iphone 5, may we see it?"

"N-Neh Yoong-unnie?" she snapped back to reality still with a scattered brain.

"What's up with you?" she earned a quizzical girl from her doe-eyed best friend. "May we see your new phone?"

She then got her new phone inside her pocket and handed it to the latter without minding as she went back spacing out.

"Whoa! So it's true." the doe-eyed girl's alligator mouth gaped.

"Let us see! Let us see!" the shikshin grabbed the new gadget from her hand.

"Hey!" Yoona protested as Sooyoung and Yuri's eyes widened when the shikshin touched typed the unlock button of the advanced gadget and saw their youngest wall paper - their maknae and the heir wearing perfectly matched trench coats near each other.

"Omo...Omo! Omo! Omo! Im Yoona look at your best friend!" the tanned girl s the Iphone 5 from Sooyoung's hand and immediately show its screen to the doe-eyed girl.

"Kyaaaah!" Alligator Yoong screeched like a fan girl.

For the two being too lame that even taking picture near each other was seemingly impossible, and now their photograph's her wallpaper. People would really start to feel giddy for the husband-and-wife for it was sure a big move for the two.

"Yah, maknae...Seo, I mean Kim Joo Hyun." the doe-eyed girl elbowed their youngest who was spacing out beside her.

"N-Neh Yoong-unnie!" certainly she was being absent minded.

"What's with all your spacing out?" the doe-eyed girl narrowed her eyebrows to the latter.

"So that's the reason why you did not even dare to contact us even once for the whole week Joo Hyun, eh?" the shikshin concluded in a prying tone.

"Yes, you did not tell us. You and Jong-In were this close!" the tanned girl neared the gadget literally right in her face.

"Care to explain it to us?" Yoona also started prying their youngest but she was obviously not in the mood to ride in their interrogation session that could be easily depicted with her sulked shoulders and indifferent behavior.

"Anything wrong Hyunnie?" the doe-eyed-girl instantaneously changed her tone.

"I'm perfectly fine Yoongie." she lied.

"Perfectly fine your face!" Yoona immediately shot back not buying the latter's reply. "Tell us, what's wrong we are expecting that we're going to see a happy maknae telling us many stories about London today."

The older girls knew her very well; she cannot hide herself from them - especially to the doe-eyed girl.

She then took a piece of dubbokki with her fork and took a small bite before answering the latter's question.

"Jong-In..." she mentioned her husbands name and heaved a sigh.

"What's with him again?" the tanned girl asked as she joined in.

"I don't know Yuri-unnie. Maybe it's me who has a problem." she was indeed with a weary heart.

"That's why we want to know your problem maknae, you tell us your problem with Jong-In. Can't believe how you two look so blissful on your wallpaper, and you're like that." Sooyoung also budge in.

"I - I..." she cannot find the most appropriate words to utter to them. For being a person who is very careful to her own words it's really hard to express such feeling without slipping.

"You what?" Yuri already abridged her.

She heaved a sigh not continuing what she was supposed to say.

Thus, the three also felt disappointed.

"I'm thankful at least I have a balanced state of brain and heart. At least I don't have complications with my EQ and IQ. You two, you both have incredible brains yet you two are too naive sorting out your own feelings." the shikshin started to lecture.

"Smells like fish here." the tanned girl jest again untimely. "Is it because you and Channie have been messaging each other for the whole semester break?"

"Yah, Kwon Yuri don't make such ruckus. Yes, we've been messaging, as if he's not messaging us three. Yeah we're close of course he's a derp and besides I don't want to create another The Heir's Love Story - Chanyeol and Sooyoung version!" the shikshin instantly groaned back to the tanned girl.

"It came from the horse's mouth it's not another The Heir's Love Story...more like the Derp's Love story." Yuri shrugged their bickering with her untimely jest once more.

The shikshin then turned her gaze to their youngest, "But would you mind telling us what happened to the both of you in London?"

"I mean, we've seen you two together and we know for the fact that you two don't really interact that much in front of others. But we're not too numb not feel the tension between you two." she added.

"Our wedding, you know how fast it was, right?" she paused contemplating if she has to bring out everything to the three older girls with her.

“Yes, everyone knows how fast it was, no courting happened, then the issue and it was already the wedding.” The shikshin stated as a matter-of-factly. “What about it?”

She was not really certain if she was going to say the right thing. Hence she knew how the three would keep on prying her if she left them hanging, “I still don’t know, but there’s a probability that he was the one who plot it.”

Yuri and Yoona were taken aback from what their youngest just admitted, it could be that the heir was also the one who plotted it since Seohyun doesn’t really want the marriage, like the saying says: by hook or by crook, and that was how his standing was before their marriage.

But the tallest girl has different mind setting, she’s the one in their group who believes that people may do something bad, but people have their own reasons why they commit such bad things. Hence, she’s not siding any of them she thought that if she’s listening to their maknae’s side of story right now, she also needs to listen to Jong-In’s side.

“So that’s why you said yes, and because of that you thought that you’ve been fooled by him?” she questioned the maknae. “But Joo Hyun…truthfully, does that matter really matters until now?”

Her Sooyoung-unnie halted with the question, ‘Does it really matter right now?’ she could not even answer.

“Look, let’s presume that he really did plot you that time. But look at him today, though he’s slowly getting by and he does still move awkward with us. The three of us can see that he’s trying, the fact that he is considering every people in your life. I’m sure you two have talked about it; I mean you two should really talk about it. Gosh, even if you two were married due to the elders’ decision ‘husband-and-wife’ is still husband-and-wife, same spelling and definitely same meaning.”

Definitely, she literally wanted to melt down with Sooyoung’s words.

“Soo, why are you talking like that to our maknae?” Yoona tried to halt the latter, seeing how her best friend cringed from her position. “Let them be, she could doubt Jong-In’s sincerity…and I myself upon hearing it just now I doubt him.”

“It’s because you’re best friend’s with Joo Hyun, Yoong, but be mature enough that it’s not just Hyun who’s going to be affected if things between them fall apart. If it is like before, then it’s okay, but Jong-In has become our friend too, right? You always say that; let’s give him the benefit of the doubt first.” The shikshin elaborated her reason.

“Unnies.” Their maknae summoned them. This time she gathered all her courage and confidence to tell things out to the three older girls. She could not let them ague over the matter without telling all things out.

“The thing is, we made a contract that we two are going to divorce by next year. Actually it was just a verbal agreement between us initially, but then I was the one who sanctioned it by writing it through paper.” She kept her head low, knowing that she also has her mistake.

With her words, the three was thrown into silence.

Yoona was arguing for her best friend with the shikshin, and with her last statement, she felt dumb for defending the maknae who also made a wrong move which made her dumb. She then was not able to make another move but to look at her with frustration.

Even the talkative shikshin who kept lecturing her just now cannot find anything to say.

“But what happened in London?” the tanned girl was given a chance to ask a question.

“Jong-In, it seemed to me that he does not want a divorce after all.” She uttered almost incoherent as she gravely wanted to wisp off from where she was sitting.

“Then, what’s the problem now? Go on with the marriage, you know PROCESS, right? The only constant thing in this world is change Seohyun, and by process things could sprung. I know I literally sound cheesy right now, but give your marriage a chance.”

“But he took his words back last night.” She tried to defend herself.

“It’s because he is considering you. If you’re only on our place, you would see how considerate Jong-In have been since you got married, he may not be that talkative in front of us, but when it comes to you… I tell you – but what did you say after he took his words back?”

“Nothing.” She has no face to show to them.

“Reflect on that Joo Hyun.” That was the only thing Yuri could advice their youngest for she also found herself getting frustrated about the matter.

And so they went one chatting together, avoiding the topic for it might cause ruckus to the four of them. The three only wanted happiness for their maknae. Hence, she also has her own mistake, and it was so evident to them that she was already having a hard time to contemplate. They just let their mouths zipped.

After all, she is a bright kid who has a very upright upbringing and though she commits wrong moves at times they're still confident that she would make a way to make things right. They trust her that much, but who would know, she has not done anything yet.


Few moments past, and Joo Hyun was building quite a good mood already.

"Soo"unnie, please take care of my new phone. It's still new!" she tried to snatch back her new gadget from the shikshin who seemed to be molesting the Iphone 5 while playing Fruit Ninja on it.

"Yah, you've never been like that to me when you were still using your old smart phone!" the older girl protested.

Yuri playfully knocked the shikshin's head, "Of course Soo, it was a 2008 Samsung smart phone, if I were Seohyunnie I would have thrown it on your face too,but that's an Iphone 5 Soo, still rare at this point!"

Sooyoung then glared to the tanned girl. Indeed, the latter really love to get into her nerves.

"Dark skin,shut up or else I'm not going to lend you this even if it's already afternoon." she threatened her.

"Fine!" the tanned girl cannot complain anymore.

"Hey, Chanyeol just messaged me. He's going to be here at any moment he wants to sit in with us." the doe-eyed girl budged in.

"Yeollie's going to be here?" Sooyoung's eyes instantly sparked.

"Omo, who's the one saying that she doesn't want another The Heir's Love Story eh?" the tanned girl grabbed the opportunity to snatch the Iphone 5 from Sooyoung's hands. "Asa!"

"Speak of the derp." Yoona uttered seeing Chanyeol approachhing them with two people with walking with him - Jong-In and Krystal.

"Hi Sooyoung-noona, Yul-noona, Yoong-noona!" he enthusiastically greeted the three as usual. He then quickly diverted his attention to Seohyun and nudged himself beside her, "...of course how can I forget my favorite noona, Joo Hyun-noona."

Jong-In was standing beside Krystal, he cannot even take a look at his own wife and just nodded his head to the three other girls who were with her.

Joo Hyun eyes widened because of the presence of her husband who was currently having an unstable state with her. And he was standing beside the Samsung's heiress.

'They are together?' she wondered, slightly furrowing her eyebrows.

When the young heiress Jung met the eyes of the milady she then waved her hand to her, "Hi Joo Hyun-unnie!"

"Well I've seen Krystal bullying your Jong-In somewhere in your building Joo Hyun-noona, that's why I thought to bring them here with me since Yoongie-noona messaged me that you girls are here." the animated gentleman felt the need to explain as he noticed the way of his milady-noona looked at the two.

"I hope you won't mind if I join you." the heiress shyly smiled feeling awkward with Joo Hyun and her friends.

"S-sure Krystal." the milady moved a bit to give space to her husband and to the heiress. Krystal then took sat in the space that the latter offered.

"Oh, let me sit beside you Soo-noona." the animated gentleman then transferred beside Sooyoung who was sitting across Seohyun.

"Now, that's The Heir's Love Story - Derp version." Yul started to tease.

"Dark skin, at least learn how to be polite in front of new people." the tanned girl earned another deadly glare from the shikshin.

The tanned girl then raised both of her hands as a sign of surrender to her all-time partner in crime.

“Oh yeah, before I forgot, this is Krytal Jung, one of my friend way back then, feel free to call her Jung Soo Jung then.” The animated gentleman motioned his hand to the heiress direction as he introduced her to the three older girls who were with them.

“Annyeong hasaeyo unnies.” The heiress greeted the three other girls aware that she is the youngest senior in their school as she instantly addressed them as unnies, as Chanyeol earned a cold stare from her.

“Annyeong hasaeyo Krystal-ssi.” The three greeted in chorus.

“Im Yoona-imnida.” The doe-eyed girl extended her hand to the heiress.

“Choi Sooyoung – imnida.”  The shikshin waved her hand.

“Kwon Yuri – imnida.” She offered her hand to the latter as well.

“Nice to know you here, you unnies aren’t really strangers to me, sometimes I see you girls walking pass the hallways. Good thing I came to know you before graduating.” The heiress was in her good mood to meet new friends that moment as she noticed that Jong-In was frozen on the same position where he was standing. “Jong-In-ah, are you planning to stand there all day?”

She then stood up, pulled the heir and made him sit in between her and his wife.

Seohyun flinched when her husband sat beside her.

“These two” the doe-eyed girl uttered, as she glanced to the husband-and-wife who was sitting with her. She can’t deny that she was pissed off for being dumb defending her best friend moments ago. And of course, they are still extremely ill at ease with each other.

Seohyun huffed a heavy breath, she cannot even flinch a muscle preventing contact with her husband who was forced to sit beside her. Indeed, the both of them are undeniably ill at ease with each other’s presence.

“Joo Hyun-unnie, I’ll just go buy my food.” Krystal excused herself and diverted her attention to the heir who was in the middle of them, “How about you? Are you planning to starve yourself?”

“You help yourself, I will just – “but before he could finish his sentence he found himself being dragged by Krystal going to the counter to buy food.

All of them were halted doing their own business by the heiress sudden act.

“Those two seems to be close to each other.” Sooyoung remarked as she watched the two walk together.

“They are Soo-noona, those two are very much like-minded.” The animated gentleman confirmed.

“I thought those two were just often paired in academic contests, but yeah, they look close to me.” Yuri uttered, and got her focus back on playing Temple Run on the Iphone 5.

“See?” the doe-eyed girl motioned her head to the two’s direction as she asked the obvious to her best friend who was sitting beside.

Seohyun chose not mutter a single word for being aware that the two were close to each other to the point that her husband is a bit more open to the heiress than her.

Few minutes later, the two got back carrying a tray individually with the food hat they ordered.

“Joo Hyun-unnie, want some?” the heiress instantly offered her food to the milady as soon as they sit with them again.

“Hamburger? A-aniyo.” It’s a fact that Seohyun dislikes eating hamburger for it is unhealthy, she declined.

“Oh okay.” She then diverted her attention and offered her hamburger to the others as well. “Chanyeol-oppa, Sooyoung-unnie, Yoona-unnie, Yuri-unnie, want some?”

“No, no…we’ve eaten already.” Sooyoung declined.

“Ooh, that’s rare.” Yuri remarked.

Jong-In was already eating his lamb chop when Krystal elbowed and offered him her food. “How about you?”

“Aniyo, I have mine.” He declined in a meek tone, not even looking sideways still avoiding his wife’s gaze.

“Sheesh, you’re so like that since this morning.” She cut her hamburger in half and put it on his plate and got few of his lamb chops. “Let’s share then, at least you might feel a little better.”

“Thanks.” He said almost incoherently.

The other four who were with them saw how the two look more intimate compared to Joo Hyun who was doing nothing even if she was sitting beside her husband.

“I told you, they are really close.” Chanyeol whispered to Sooyoung softly.

“You don’t have to tell the obvious Yeollie.” She muttered back.

“Joo Hyun-unnie, are you sure you don’t want some?” the heiress asked again as she took a bite of her hamburger.

“Thanks but no thanks Krystal.” She declined rather a bit disgusted with the hamburger.

Hence, she felt more uneasy with the two sharing their food to one another. ‘We never did that even once.’ She thought.

“Do you guys have a problem again?” the heiress asked in between her bites. “Jong-In’s face have gotten longer Joo Hyun-unnie, I asked him about it this morning, and from his tone you two seems to have a problem. Talk things over okay?”

She then diverted her attention to Jong-In and started lecturing. “And you, I don’t want to see your face that long again tomorrow.”

She then poked his cheeks while he was still mouthful, “I don’t want to see my best bud and my crush like this tomorrow.”

All of them almost had their eyes popped out from their sockets with the heiress sudden confession. She was casual, and she delivered coolly even she’s in front of the heir’s actual wife.

‘So bold, so brave.’ Joo Hyun thought as she melted on her seat in jealousy. But even though she literally wanted to vanish within a snap in the scene all she could do was to accept the fact that the heiress has already said it all in front of them fearlessly. Thus, all she could do was to bottle it in again. The heiress’ words were slap on her face.

On the other hand, Jong-In knew how bold his all-time partner is but the fact that he is admired by her was a new thing.

“Quit fooling around Jung.” He remarked in his usual cold tone.

He knew that the latter’s straightforwardness was all new and might be misinterpreted but the people who were with them at that moment.

“I’m not fooling around Jong-In, and I don’t see anything bad about it.” She coolly shrugged the heir’s remark.

Joo Hyun does not really know how to contain it anymore, she was completed intimidated with the heiress’ courage. With that, it seems that bottling in would not really work for her anymore.

When Jong-In was about to take a bite of the hamburger that the heiress shared to him his wife surprisingly held his wrist and halted him, “I’ve already prohibited Jong-In to eat hamburgers.”


“It’s great to see you here Wu Fan.” Tiffany approached the mysterious gentleman who was enjoying the view of the mansion’s garden in the mansion’s main balcony.

“Good day to you as well Ms. Hwang.” Mr. Wu greeted the fashion designer formally.

“We’ve been seeing each other for a few months now, and it’s funny that this is just the time we had the chance to talk to each other.” The fashion designer averted her gaze to the beautiful scenery as well.

“Well it is Ms. Hwang.”  He agreed.

“It’s been years since you came here, Kai was still young the last time I saw you here. Did you two have talked to each other already?”

He hung his head low, “Not yet.”

“Be brave enough since you’re older. You’re like his older brother before, right?”

The mysterious gentleman was stung with the latter’s last sentence. He knew that the fashion designer does not really mean it, but he really is his older brother who wanted to keep that secret forever.

“I’m going to talk to him sooner.” He briefly responded unsure if he could really do it.

“I’m sure you two will reconcile.” The fashion designer gave him her usual eye smile, “…it’s been year and I’m sure Kai is mature enough to understand you now.”

He could no help it but to gave the latter a faint smile when his galaxy note vibrated in his pocket.

He then read the message with his eyes:

‘Wu Fan-gege, can’t wait to see you again. Always be careful. - Lay

His eyes widened seeing the name of the sender of the message, for he perceived that something very unfavorable was fast approaching.