London: Westminster Abbey

The Heir's Love Story

After Jong-In and Seohyun had great fun somewhere in Knightsbridge as they watched pigeons, fool around, stopped bickering for the least moment, and took their ‘first’ ever photograph together – as far as she knows, they have decided to venture into the British National Museum and Hyde Park then eventually went 'window shopping' to near luxurious shops like Prada, and Manolo Blahnik, which showed the heir’s few es when it comes to casual-formal clothes like cardigans, avante garde designed tops, and the likes. Hence, he bought a lot for her again that their so-called window shopping has become another lavish shopping spree for the second time during that day.

“Jong-In-ah, don’t you think you bought a little too much again?” she asked half complaining.

“Not at all.” He looked at her with reassurance, as if he did not spent a lavish amount of money which was comparable to an average family's annual income. “We only have this day to enjoy, and like what I said I want you to have what I have Joo Hyun-noona.”

 

It was maybe not the second time nor the third time he reasoned out that he wanted her to have what he possess that day. And instead of feeling all annoyed with him for being too reckless spending his wealth in a practical person's view, his sincere thoughts have successfully reached her heart. Hence, she was flattered and felt blissful knowing his reason. He was not really buying those things because he wanted her to be acknowledged that he is the heir of the most affluent family in Asia, nor he did not buy her all those extravagant stuffs just because he wanted to show off, but because he have his whole heart to share what he really is, and he want to let her feel how important she is to him – put that as precious for it may be the perfect term to describe what she really meant for him.

With those reasons, she chose not to argue with him anymore.

“Jong-In-ah since it is past four o’clock, why don’t we visit Buckingham Palace now and later visit the Church of Saint Peter at Westminster Abbey? She suggested innocently.

“Silly, we could only tour around Buckingham right now but not enter the gates of that palace since it only opens for tourists during August and September for the Palace's Summer Opening." he stated as a matter-of-factly.

"We cannot really go inside, so why bother visiting there?” he asked rather suggesting, gripping tighter on the few added shopping bags he was holding with both of his hands.

“Mianhae, I am not aware about it Jong-In ah.” She definitely appeared inane in front of him.

Seeing her expression he instantly felt guilty for carelessly uttering his words when he knew that his wife is the type of person who thinks twice and very careful when it comes with her own words, and with that addressing her silly would affect her.

He knows for the fact that she has a tendency to bottle up feelings, and it made him anxious.

"Ah Joo Hyun-noona, mianada." he then apologized.

"Neh?"

"I mean I'm sorry, about my words...I was careless."

His sudden apology really surprised her, it was very unnatural for him to suddenly apologize since he usually call her silly whenever they bicker with each other or whenever he wanted to, she thought, 'Jong-In ah, why suddenly so sensitive?'

She gave him a curious look.

He read what she wanted to ask him, and responded, "Don't mind it."

He smiled meekly feeling awkward as he pondered, 'I should be careful with my words from today on.'

Before she could suggest anything she subconsciously felt the small tension between them and bit her lower lip. "Let's go then?"

She then grabbed some of the shopping bags on his hands which he initially did not allow her to carry even one.

He attempted to stop her by grabbing her from her wrist but for some unclear reasons, he thought that he should also be gentler on treating her. And got stuck from where he was standing before he could catch up with her pace.

'You should not let your wife carry even a bag Jong-In.' he mentally lectured himself.

His realization just made him act all queer, they were all comfortable with each other just now and all of a sudden he felt that he needs to change some of his ways and adjust to her.


While walking their way somewhere on The Mall - a large walk through road heading to Buckingham Palace the milady broke out and asked, "Jong-In ah, tell me is there anything wrong again?"

He cannot help but to continue feeling off with her that he himself asked his being, 'What has gotten into me?'

He then breathed in to gain composure and tried hard to act all natural as he grabbed back those few bags she got from him.

"L-let's go. Buckingham is waiting for you Milady." he attempted to act all gentle and cool, but the tensed feeling was still written visibly in his tone.

'Is it because I stole a picture with her that's why I am being like this?'  He pondered as they walk side-by-side unaware that his weary feeling was too obvious in the eyes of his wife who was watching the way he stiffly walked straight.

There were few people wandering around the gates of Buckingham palace when they got in there. It was because it's a typical working day, and people around the city of London are zealously working their bums off during weekdays.

He could not utter a word and remained stiff even when they set foot in front of the gates of the palace, while the Milady has already gaining her hype seeing the firmly unmoving sages that were guarding the extravagant main gate of the royal place.

But seeing how her husband was still stiffed, she then went near him and held his arm.

“You tell me, is there anything wrong?” she asked once more.

Not wanting to spoil the fun, he sheepishly smiled like a fool as he pretended all fine, “Nothing really Joo Hyun. No need to worry about me.”

Knowing him well she did not insist to pry him since he is a persistent denial type of person. “Oh, okay.”

She then turned her attention towards the palace sages who did not dare to make a single flinch for the entire day.

“Look at him Jong-In. You look a lot like him with your face right now.” she began teasing him pointing a finger to one of the sages as she went beside him and began laughing.

‘Even when she plays like a child she still looks pretty.’ He subconsciously admired her as he watched her goof around the palace sages.

“Jong-In ah, seriously you already look exactly like him!” she teased again this time as she softly poked the cheek of the palace sage.

He then snapped back to reality after mesmerizing.

“Yah Kim Joo Hyun!” he walked into her signaling her to stop.

“Waeyo?” she asked still giggling and still acting childish.

“The poor sage might get distracted, you stop!” he attempted to grip on her wrist but the milady was currently on her choding mode and went at the back of the sage hiding herself. All thanks to her prankster unnies, she subconsciously inherited it from them particularly from her best friend.

“Joo Hyun-noona! You stop that, have pity on the poor sage!” he uttered, still persistent to halt his childish wife, this time successfully grabbing her from her wrist.

"Jong-In ah, you look too old for your age when you're like that. Too serious!" she childishly lectured and at the same time.

It was the first time he saw that side of her - so playful.

"It's because someone might see you fooling around the -" he attempted to reason out but found himself being pinched hard on his cheek by his wife.

"No time for your lecture Grandpa." she countered his words still pinching him as they walked their way for a better view of the palace.

"Joo - awww!" he protested.

She then let him off and crossed her arms on her chest.

She shook her head portraying a disappointed look. "Tsk, I thought you brought me here to have fun, but look at you now."

"W-what's the problem with me?" he shot back rubbing the reddened part of his cheek. "That hurts."

"Serves you right!" she exclaimed, Jong-In got owned.

He sighed in defeat; he is already getting particular with his wife's ways. And he knew that there was no chance to win her over.

They silently admired the view of the royal palace under the orange sky. The sight was a piece of bliss in her eyes, and as for him the sight of her was his hidden joy he kept unveiled with his secret glances.

‘I can't believe it is already half a year since we knew each other and almost four months since we got married. Those things happened like a sprint, and I'm weary. How I wish I could control time.' his mind got filled with these thoughts as he secretly took another glance of her.

They stood still just like that for a moment, not uttering a word to one another, admiring the breathtaking sight of the Buckingham Palace in front of them, until she asked a random yet meaningful question to him.

"Jong-In Ah, Prince Williams and Kate Middleton met in their university, right?"

He then turned his gaze to her and answered. "Yes. Why do you asked?"

A warm and exceptional smile crept on her face as she turned her attention to the palace once again,

"Nothing. I...I just thought about it، seems that I knew people with a synonymous story." she said almost incoherent for him to hear.

"Neh? Joo Hyun, what was that?" he asked not hearing what she said completely.

She then turned to him with her usual sparkling orbs. Her smile, it was more breathtaking than the palace in front of them. She was getting more and more charming by the day.

"Nothing." she denied.

"Ah..." he just let her off and did not pry anymore, since it would ruin the peaceful atmosphere surrounding them.

They then once again stared at the beauty of the scenery under the orange sky in front of them. At this rate, he was all relaxed and the tension he felt were all gone, until she broke out and asked another random question once more.

"So far, where's the happiest place you have been Jong-In?"

He remained silent not averting his gaze to her for a second and had stepped sideward near her.

Unknowledgeable of what he is going to do next, she gazed at him with a puzzled expression.

He then held her hand and filled the spaces in between her fingers with his, and uttered half whispering, "Here."

 

All the words she planned to utter at that moment were swept with that particular word. His hand was big and his fingers perfectly fit with hers. Looking on their hands together she felt secured.

‘What are we then?’ she secretly pondered at that moment.

Surprisingly, as if they have telepathy, he shouted, “If William has his Duchess Kate, Kim Jong-In has his Milady Joo Hyun too!”

 

Never in her imagination those words will come out from Jong-In’s mouth, as if he brought her in a fairytale at that moment.  Everything was all perfect between them at that moment. Forgetting that every single moment of that day were meant to be their fairytale since reality and secrets were awaiting them after those few hours they spent.


It was almost six o’clock in the evening when they arrived at the Collegiate Church of Saint Peter Westminster Abbey – the place where the royal couple held their fairytale-like wedding, the particular church Seohyun wanted visit ever since in the city beside the River of Thames.

She endearingly admired the historical gothic abbey for its exceptional architecture and interesting stories of royal burials, coronations, and most especially royal weddings. Ever since childhood, it was her unwavering dream to be wedded like a princess when once she found the right man to marry.

Hence, that particular fantasy of her did not happen because she married the heir of the most affluent household in Asia in such a rushed manner.

They walked silently inside the abbey going to its main aisle as they view The Quire, the Gothic interiors of the church’s walls, images of saints, and some of the tombs of the royal people who governed hundreds of years ago.

And like the previous places they’ve toured around for the whole day, the abbey was also almost empty that they could hear the echo of their murmurs and steps.

Once they reached one of the front chancels, she then immediately knelt down and silently prayed.

To no avail, he mimicked what his wife jus did – kneel, put his hands together, and shut his eyes.

But due to his curiosity of what she looked like when eagerly praying, he was then distracted and took the opportunity to stare at her as she prayed.

‘The only things that were missing are her two wings.’  He thought unknowingly that he was slowly being enchanted with the sight of her again.

He has gotten more curious of what she was praying for, and subconsciously he went nearer to her, that he only left an inch as a distant to her face.

‘I’m praying for everyone dear to me: my family, my friends, and especially now for my husband. May you give them happiness, and safety. As for us, if it’s possible to freeze this moment I wou –‘, she was sincerely praying as she felt a pair of soft lips that landed on her cheek, and cut her.

Her heart fluttered and everything turned seemingly more like a fantasy for her. She could no flinch nor open her eyes for his lips were courageously still landed on her cheek, but as she gathered all her audacity as she opened her eyes and faced him, she saw the way he looked at her - as if he was bewitched by her.

“Jong-In.” she called his name still in shock.

But then he held both of her hands and leaned his forehead to hers while looking at herdeep into the eyes with his dark brown orbs, “I prayed that He would prolong the 365 days allotted for us, how about you Joo Hyun-noona?”

As if everything at that particular moment inside Westminster Abbey was a dream.