London: Their First Photograph

The Heir's Love Story

Guys, I made this chapter listening to Shinee's: Replay I suggest that you read it while listening to the song so you'll get what I mean.


“So, wear do you want to go next now?” he asked, completely ill at ease remembering how they wore their trench coats.

"Do I look okay with this Jong-In-ah?" she asked him if the trench coat fits her well.

'Wait. I'll just finish buttoning this.' he was having a hard time buttoning his new trench coat since his has quite complicated buttons compared to hers.

'There.' he sighed as he finished buttoning his trench coat not noticing that he buttoned it wrong- he buttoned the first button to the second hole and everything followed.

"Jong-In ah." she called his name trying her best to hide her laughter.

"What's up with that look?"

She could not help herself to hide it anymore and let out a chuckle and went nearer to him.

She volunteered buttoning his trench coat for him, and remarked,” Let me button this for you. Seriously, you could be such a kid Jong-In."

He does not really know whether he should feel embarrassed or be touched because of her thoughtfulness towards him due to her remark. If only he could hide his face in his palms for the rest of the day, he would do so.

“I want to visit the infamous Sherlock Holmes street!” Seohyun was definitely ecstatic like a kid.

“Piccadilly?” he gave his wife a questioning expression, he thought, ‘Are you sure? What’s all good with that fictional detective? Detective Conan and Gadget Boy are even more admirable than him.’

She nodded all hyped like a kid.

Since he told her that it was her day, he just then nodded in defeat and paved way for what she wanted to happen, but looking at how excited she was it made him feel warm as if he was doing to right thing for her which was making her happy by fulfilling her simple requests.

“So Piccadilly is like a 40 minute ride from here, and we don’t have a car to go there.”  He uttered rather concluding that they really need car and must get back from the mansion since it’s just five minutes stroll away from Harrods’ shopping mall.

“Hmmm…no need for your Jaguar Jong-In.” she knew what he totally meant by his tone, and declined his suggestion.  “Let’s go ride double-deckers instead.”

“Double-Decker bus? Like seriously Joo Hyun?” he attempted to complain in a frustrated tone. ‘It’s for commoners Joo Hyun, how could you choose riding that over my Jaguar?’

Hence, he just found himself being dragged inside a double-decker bus by his wife who seemed to be in her choding mode at that particular moment.

‘Like seriously, how you could just pull me into places like this?’ He thought, but seeing her with all smiles plastered on her face he could not help it but to feel contented inside.


It was queer for him seeing a girl not so fascinated with signature things he can simply bought inside the luxurious mall but all hyped up like a little child when strolling around, and having a double-decker ride. Those were simple things, things he never knew that could make a person sincerely smiling. Hence, he knew that he can’t buy her happiness with all the money he has, and thought that touring her around was the best decision he made that day.

She was unstoppable looking at the places seen in windowpane of the bus. Her crystal-clear eyes say that her bliss was from the bottom of her heart.

‘She’s smiling too much. Cute.’He silently admired her as he watched her secretly.

He indulged himself onto listening with the few songs he have on his Ipad, sine he chose not to bother his wife who was joyfully having her own sight seeing on the windowpane of the Double Decker alone.

Few minutes later, he secretly glanced at her and saw that she was nodding her head heavily, already tired up sleeping.

'Can't believe this, you're all hyper and now you're out of battery.' he mentally noted finding it as one of her adorable factor - she's indeed unique from anyone else. He then carefully lay down her head on his shoulder, and continued listening to his few songs on his Ipad.

"Noona, neommu yeppeo...hmm,hmmm." he softly hummed to himself singing an old song he used to like four years ago until he accidentally touched the camera icon of the gadget and saw themselves so close to each other.

'I am not going to be a bad person if I take a picture with her right now, right?' he asked his own conscience like a lunatic. He then eventually answered himself, 'It wont hurt her, it's just one snap anyway.' - Totally deranged.

He carefully turned his angle making her lay closer to his neck which made her forehead a lot nearer to his face.

She looked like an innocent angel from his side glanced, that he subconsciously landed a light peck on her forehead as he snaps a shot of him kissing his wife who was having a catnap on his neck.

'Joo Hyun-noona, you know I'm still getting by bit-by-bit calling you just Joo Hyun. It's really off for me you know? But better be like that since I cannot imagine myself not being around you anymore, well at times. I think I'm starting to consider you now, like my real wife more than how I imagined me and Tifanny-noona together. But I know for the fact that you did the favor for me because you are innately good when it comes to your parents and with the pushy factors around you. Sorry if I'm making your life complicated. I just wish you happiness after the year of our 'marriage'...and of course I'll support you in whatever desicion you will make, and even when you finally find that suited man for you. Maybe.'  He silently pondered as he silently watched her sleep. Finally, he knew a piece of his true feelings towards her.

He then turned his gaze to his Ipad, and looked at their first ever (stolen) picture together. Finally he admitted himself for the first time that he did not really dislike her at all. In fact, she's slowly growing in him, and becoming his preference.

And a thought suddenly sprung inside his 'brilliant' mind again. 'Could I really feel bad when you're having fun with other guys? Do I have the right Joo Hyun-noona?'

The thought of their agreement that they've seemed forgotten mentally slapped him again and built a gap for him to limit his stance of thinking when it comes to what they really are to each other. 'Seriously, you're the first person who really made me feel so bad like that during that night. But of course, whatever your happiness is, I will not hesitate to support you.'

He then made their picture as his wallpaper. He sincerely smiled at the sight of it.

'Seohyun-noona, thank you and sorry if I have to steal a photograph like this with you.' he thought as he hid his Ipad, inside his shoulder bag.

 

At least, that simple situation led him to realize that he admired her more than what he could think of. But the fact that they made an agreement, and she decided that it was then final it made him cringed from where he was supposed to stand in her life making a limit to himself that he should not cross his line for it will just make her life a lot more complicated. And to make him satisfied to their moments together was the only option left for him; add the fact that she was also fond of hanging with some other guys especially with her ethics teacher. He knew, he could not act beyond a pseudo-husband that he even repent for acting all possessive at her at times which was not appropriate even if they are entitled as husband-and-wife.

Moments passed, and they finally arrived at Piccadilly.

"Joo Hyun, wake up." he woke her with his usual low tone. And of course he needs to let his cool enter his system again.

"Neh? We're here?" she suddenly snapped out.

"Yes we're here sleepy head!" he said in a rather sarcastic way. "How could you sleep like that and hurt my shoulder like you have a ton weighted head?"

She let out a soft giggle, getting used to his easily irate temperament, she then apologized, "Arayeo, mianheayo Jong-In."

"Let's get going shall we? If you still want to visit several places aside from this amazing street." he uttered sarcastically again.

They then hopped out of the Double Decker and made their way on the streets of Piccadilly.


While walking on the streets, and enjoying the view of the usual English residences walking together with their usual a meter away stance to each other, Joo Hyun noticed his hair standing up again.

"Jong-In-ah." she called his name as she nears her.

"Neh, where do you want to go ag -" he was cut when she tiptoed and reached his hair on his forehead fixing it for her that he almost dropped the shopping bags he was holding.

"Your hair, it's going up again. I like your hair down more Jong-In. You look younger and more handsome." she let out her opinion openly.

"Better." she uttered in satisfaction as a smile was formed by her lips.

He could not help himself but to freeze from where he was standing. Her actions', she's getting more and more comfortable with him. And every time she does those little things for him, he cannot help himself but to admire her more, secretly and in denial. But he could not just bottle it up forever.

"Joo Hyun-ah." he called her in his usual low tone containing his cringing, and gathered all his guts and asked for the most out of the blue question, "Hmmm...Do you prefer younger guys or older guys?"

The question was extremely random, but certainly surprised her.

"Why? Why do you ask?" she shot back.

"No special reasons, I'm just curious that's all." good thing he is a man born with straight face.

She childishly tilted her head for a moment and thought about it, "To be honest with you age does not matter for me, for as long as the person has sincere heart towards me."

"Uh...ah." he sounded rather quite dissatisfied with her indirect answer again, as they continued strolling.

Then he asked another random question, "If you're given a chance to stroll on streets again, who would you choose: Chanyeol-hyung, Joon Myun-hyung, your Wu Fan-oppa, or Me?"

She chuckled on how he childishly addressed Kris differently, "Omo-why you call Wu Fan-oppa like that? He is your hyung too right?"

He could not make an eye contact with her as he then eventually subconsciously fastened his pace feeling embarrassed for realizing what he just asked.

"Of course I would choose this particular moment Jong-In." she uttered.

His face brightened up upon hearing those words. If his ears could only clap, it would have been. Though he knew himself, that it's still not yet actually all stereotypically husband-and-wife matter between them knowing that she chose him amongst the other males she's closed to really mean something for him, rather everything. 

He thought, ‘Piccadilly isn’t a boring place after all.’ Definitely, Sherlock’s street  wavered his view about it being boring, it changed since was a very memorable place for him – for them; since that was where he knew that she consider him as the closest to her.

“After this, where in the world you want us to go?” he asked adding his usual sarcasm, but his tone was rather happy. He definitely wanted to prevent her from asking follow up questions and prolonged that kind of conversation and just enjoyed the rest of the day going to places with their owned time together for the very first time.

“How about we visit Knightsbridge next, then -” she thought again for a moment.

“Then?” he abridged his wife.

“Then let’s visit Westminster Abbey, you know I want to see the house of the parliaments and the church where the Duke of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cambridge Wedded.” She continued.

“Alright.” He then grabbed her hand and they sprinted all the way to the bus top and rode a Double-Decker again going to Knightsbridge.

If time could stop and things around them could froze, and if only she would say okay then everything between them would already be perfect.

At that time, it was his first time enjoying a public bus ride which he usually avoid since it was very uncomfortable, at that time he enjoyed the scenery’s he usually take for granted because of the bad memories that London left him. It seems that all went the other way around whenever she’s with him.


When they arrived at Knights Bridge, it was the peak time where pigeons set on land to be fed, and it was still working hours that there were only few people in the place. Hence, they came on perfect time.

He let his wife enjoy feeding the pigeons and taking pictures alone with her newly brought Iphone 5, and let her ran around like a little child care freely as he watched her from a short distance while playing that old song he played while they were still in the Double-Decker going to Piccadilly.

“Noona neommu yeppeo, hmm, hmm. Replay, Replay, Replay.” He hummed to himself until his wife walked near him with all smiles written on her face.

“Jong-In-ah.” She called his name.

He then removed the ear phones from his ears, and looked at her, “Neh, Joo Hyun-noona?”

“I want ice cream, can you buy me one at that small Baskin Robbins’ saloon?” she requested as if she was a little child using up her effortless and innate aegyo towards her husband.

She was alluring to his sight especially when he sees her eyes shines because of gladness, to no avail he asked, “Arayeo, what flavor do you want me to buy for you?”

“I’ve told you already.” She childishly pouted.

“Mianhe, you just tell me again. I promise to bear it in mind next time.” He let out his usual boyish smile to her.

“Sweet potato ice cream.” She intentionally uttered it coyly.

“Arayeo, one sweet potato ice cream and the cone?” he asked again.

“Let it be a vanilla coated cone.”

“Got it Milady.” He saluted and sprinted his way to the small ice cream saloon.

‘Jong-In’s really cute with his hair down. He should definitely wear that hairdo every time. I would do his hair for him every day.’She thought as he watched him running to buy her sweet potato ice cream.

After a few minutes, he flew back to her and handed her the sweet potato ice cream she was craving for. “Your Goguma ice cream Milady Kim.”

He then sat down beside her.

“Kamsahamnida Jong-In-ah.” She thanked him in her naturally endearing tone, and randomly fixed his hair down again.

“You like my hair that much?” he asked eating his own dark chocolate ice cream.

“Neh, I like seeing you with that kind of hair this much.” She then took a bite of her own sweet potato ice cream as well.

“Hmm…why do you like Goguma that much?” he randomly asked.

“It’s because it’s healthy.” She briefly replied.

“And what about the food that you hate the most?”

“Hamburger!” She almost sounded protesting.

“Hamburger is one of the best foods in here Joo Hyun.”

“That’s why I really don’t like to eat in fast foods and the likes. ” She reasoned out.

“Maybe that’s the reason why you have a frail figure. You eat like a goat.” He chuckled as he started teasing.

“Aniyo, it’s just that I don’t eat unhealthy foods.”

“So do you eat dark chocolates like me?” he asked taking another bite of his ice cream.

She then grabbed his ice cream from his hand and tasted it, “Neh, I eat this kind of ice cream occasionally.”

“Really?”

“Neh.” She replied and randomly asked another question not related to their current topic, “Jong-In-ah, what’s the song you keep listening to just now?”

“Ah, the song? Shinee’s Replay.” He briefly replied, “Do you still remember that?”

“You listen to those kinds of songs as well?” she asked in a completely surprised tone. She was no really aware that her husband – a person who has his blunt side would have kind of taste.

“Neh. Is there something wrong about it?”

“Nothing, of course there’s nothing. But it’s quite unusual to here that from you.”

“You find it unusual hearing it from me? Waeyo? You find already find me that dull?” he jokingly let out in a disappointed tone.

“Of course not.” She paused as she thought of another brilliant request, “Could you sing that for me then?”

‘Goodness sake, you told me that I sound so terrible when I sang Angel and now you want me to sing for you again.’He contemplated for a second remembering the time when they were locked inside the morgue and sang for her until she slept.

“No way.” He declined.

“Why not?” she instantly shot back.

He thought again of the lyrics of the song, though it sounded so catchy andit fitted them since he is really younger than his wife but the lyrics was really heartbreaking.  And some lines of the song lingered in his mind before he could utter a valid respond for his decline.

 

‘To you, I know this love is one moment, one feeling
But no matter what you say, it's my everything…

 

Maybe you're worried about my young age.

 

Maybe to you, I’m a little to boring, too kind
Key: Your body is telling me
All: and I think I’m gonna hate it girl
when the end comes
My heart is yelling in front of goodbye’

 

These lines completely struck him that made him not want to sing it for her.

When Seohyun noticed his expression she then just went with it and requested again, “Can you just dance it for me instead. Just a little please?”

Since he was her genie and her wished was his command at that time, he could not help but to comply with it.

“Just a little you say.”

He then stood up and faced her, and shyly danced with the foot works intended for the beginning part of the song.

She was then all amazed on how précised he made those complex foot works and made it look so easy with when he does it. She cannot help herself but to throw applause for him.

“Daebak, Jong-In.” she sincerely complemented the latter.

He was definitely embarrassed for dancing in public, though there are only few people there at that particular moment, it was still a public place.Hence, he danced because his wife asked to. And that day was everything for his wife.

“I’m not going to dance like that again.” He covered his face with his both hands and sat beside her.

“Waeyo? I think I should see like that more often Jong-In.”

“You like seeing me looking silly, don’t you?” he shot back.

“It’s not that way.”

“Then why?”  He was curious for her reason.

She did not know if she was getting overboard but she likes seeing his different side aside from being the straight faced heir he usually portrays in front of everyone. She likes seeing him as a different person whenever he is with her.

She was hesitant, but eventually said it, “It’s because I want to see you happy whenever you’re with me Jong-In.”

Definitely, she could not  show her face after admitting.

Silence enveloped them for a moment as the two finished their own ice creams while enjoying the scenery of the pigeons flying by around them as they sat on a random fountain bench near them.

He then broke out and asked, “What do you want to do now?”

She was still ill at ease but since he broke out the silence between them and seeing his effort to make everything all good for her she then shrugged of the thought and made a request again.

“Jong-In-ah, we never had a picture together aside from our wedding photographs right?”

 

“Y-yes.” He nervously replied for thinking that he just stole a picture of them together inside the Double-Decker on their way to Piccadilly.

“Can we take a picture of us two with your Ipad?”  She timidly posed.

“Aniyo!” he almost panicked, not wanting to let her see the sneaky deed he just did. “Use your Iphone 5 instead, I bought that for you and you’re one of the first persons in the world to have that, make use of it!”

 

“O-okay.” She complied to no avail since she does not want to spoil their moment bickering. Seriously, they have average of three bickering sessions per day more like meals.

She then took out her Iphone 5 from her pocket as they paused stiffly close to each other and captured their ‘first’ ever photograph together.

Gravely, they appeared quite stiff as Jong-In posed with his usual straight face and her looking all awkward. Hence, she admired how they fit wearing those sleek paired black trench coats.

“Nice.” She remarked, admiring the photograph.

“Make sure you make that your wall paper, okay?” he then demanded.

“A-arayeo.” She awkwardly responded as she changed the wall paper of the gadget.

‘Mianhe  Joo Hyun-noona. But really, our first photograph is on my Ipad.’  He mentally apologized as he wanted to hide the secret of their very first portrait together.