London: The Notting Hill Mansion

The Heir's Love Story

After eleven long hours of travel, finally the husband-and-wife arrived in London. The Kims mansion is located on the affluent residence of Notting Hill, but compared to the Korean mansion, their Notting Hill mansion was a bit smaller though it’s still five times more enormous than the typical mansions around the place. Hence, the Notting Hill mansion can be called a warmer house for it gives a feel of a typical wealthy English house.

Jet lag immediately knocked Joo Hyun out, it was definitely her first aircraft travel and it kind of gave her nauseous feeling, so the two of them went directly inside the master's room to take a rest as soon as they entered the English mansion.

Unlike his usual room in Korea, his room in there is smaller; it is technically his parents' room for his usual room was a nursery room, since he lived a part of his life as a toddler there. Though its vicinity is a bit smaller, it gives a cozy feeling of a typically rich husband-and-wife room with built-in mini library to its west and also wide executive table seemingly intended as a working place.

Memories of his younger years slowly crept into him as he looked at the interiors of the room from place-to-place. Surely, it gives him a nostalgic feel - the whole English mansion actually.

As he approached the executive table just right at the built in mini-library, he saw a picture frame of his family - him as the three year old Jong-In who was smiling widely while being carried by his beloved father Lord Yunho and Milady Taeyon who was looking at them while laughing heartily.

'Appa, Umma, did you miss me? I miss you two so much. I'm a grown up boy now. This is our last family picture together, right?' he thought, seemingly conversing with his parents' who are definitely watching him from a better place as he to their old family picture on the table.

All he can do was just miss them, and find the answers to his questions left unsolved. Even if he cries his heart out, it will only be those happy memories that will remain and for this reason, the only option left for him is to accept his fate and live a blissful life with the people around him in the present time.

 

An hour has passed and he decided go downstairs and asked for the household members to prepare lunch for them – it was supposed to be dinner but London, England is eight hours behind South Korea. 

“Butler Kim Joon Myun.” He summoned one of the senior butlers.

“Yes, what can I do for you Young Master?” the young senior butler asked him enthusiastically as he flashed his charming eye-smile.

“Kindly prepare lunch for me and for the milady.”

“The lunch is almost done Young Master, we’ve been told beforehand that you and the milady will arrive here this late morning so if you want me to add anything or change the menu kindly tell me so I can ask them to do so.” The young senior butler zealously replied.

The heir chuckled with the way the young senior butler formally replied to him, and reached his shoulder, “Joon Myun-hyung, please cut out the formality it’s just me Kai.”

“But Young Master – “

“Cut it; consider me as your dongsaeng again Joon Myun-hyung.” He warmly smiled to the latter.

The young senior butler who was seemingly very serious began to become excited upon meeting the child he used to look over to when he was just also a young lad.

“Kai-ah!” he ruffled his young master’s hair as his warm welcome. “I can’t believe you’re already a grown up man now. It has been ten years since you last visited us here, why is that so?”

“You know the reason behind it Joon Myun-hyung.” The heir’s response suddenly became serious, but then it was his reunion with a childhood friend so he faked a chuckle for the latter to feel at ease.

The senior young butler knew what the heir wanted to convey, “Ah, I apologize Young Master.” He mentally slapped himself for carelessly asking such question towards the latter. He could be the most skillful and most dependable youngest senior butler around, but then he was innately silly.

“Where are the others?” the heir asked for the young senior butler’s fellow butlers.

“You still remember them Kai-ah?” the young senior butler asked.

“Silly Hyung! Of course I remember you all! I used to play with those three and sometimes even with Chanyeol-hyung.”

“Ah!” his silliness attacked him again as he rubbed his nape. “Kyung-soo is upstairs dusting the room beside your room now, you know him Kai he doesn’t like dirt. Baekhyun, maybe his in the maze garden watering plants again while singing…you know that So Nyuh Shi Dae – Taetiseo, right? They’re even famous here and he has been singing ‘Twinkle twinkle eojjeona’ for more than a month now. And yes, maybe Sehun’s with him, he was starting become a fanboy like your Baekhyun-hyung as well.”

“Ah, So Nyuh Shi Dae? Yes, they are very famous there in Korea, I did not know that they are even popular here, I don’t budge that much since I only like their maknae. Maybe it’s because of Chanyeol-hyung’s influence again I think those two still communicates with each other? Shall I go to the garden and see them there, and please Joon Myun-hyung call Kyung Soo-hyung too.”

“As you wish Young Master…I-I mean Kai.”

 

He then walked his way to the maze garden of the English mansion and saw his childhood friends who were now official junior butlers of their English household.

‘Sumgyeo do twinkle eojjeona? Nune hwahk twi janha’  one of the junior butlers sang as he water the vine plants of the garden maze, while the other one who is seemingly younger was happily watching the latter.

The heir then called them in his usually serious tone, “Butler Byun, Butler Oh.”

The two of them snapped out in their own world and stopped what they were doing and immediately bowed their heads to pay formal greeting to their young master.

“Good noon Young Master, what can we do for you?’ they greeted in a surprise and in a nervous tone at the same time.

He then laughed hard with the two’s epic reaction. “If you could just see your faces right now, it’s me Jong-In, minimize the formality”

“Kai-hyung?” the younger sounded as soon as he heard the name of the familiar person he used to play with when he was young. “Kai-hyung, good noon and it’s good to see you after so many years!” he childishly welcomed the heir.

“Oh Se Hun.” He called the young butlers name. “I never thought that you would also become a butler here.”

“Neh hyung, I took the butler scholarship when I was twelve and now I’m also a junior butler like Kyung Soo-hyung and Bacon-hyung here.” he explained as he started teasing the other junior butler who is older than him.

“Cut your over familiarity Butler Oh.” The other butler hissed as he was still stuck in his position.

“Let him be Butler Byun, or should I also call you Bacon-hyung?” the heir also joined the teasing as well. “Have you been communicating with Chanyeol-hyung? I’ve heard you singing TaetiSeo just now. Twinkle, twinkle eojjeona huh?”

“Ah, there are times that Young Master Park sends me new albums from Korea Young Master.” He shyly explained as he let out a sheepish smile.

“Young Master, here’s Kyung Soo as you requested.” Senior butler Joon Myun joined in as he walked his way together with the other junior butler he just called.

“Good noon Young Master Kim.” The round eyed butler formally greeted as he bent his body for the ninety degree bow for his utmost respect, while he was still holding a feather duster.

The young master raised and eyebrow upon seeing the feather duster, “OC much Butler Do?” He chuckled.

The round-eyed butler then stood straight and hid the feather duster at his back.

“I-I, just finish cleaning the whole second floor. I apologize for such rudeness young master.” He almost winced from his position.

“I’m just kidding, Kyung Soo-hyung.”

The round-eyed butler sighed in relief upon hearing the heir’s way of addressing him as an older brother, he definitely did not forget that he was once became companions with them.

“Kai-ah, good thing you’re back here.” the round-eyed junior butler warmly smiled.

“It’s because Harabeoji wanted us to spend a one week vacation here.” he reasoned out.

“Mind you Kai-hyung, that noona is she really the new milady? I mean your wife?” the youngest butler curiously asked.

“Why you asked such?” junior butler Byun elbowed the youngest butler.

“Yes. She’s the new milady Butler Oh.” He coolly answered.

The youngest butler’s eyes widened as he turned giddy, he childishly went near the heir and asked in a very carefree manner, “She’s our infamous Milady Joo Hyun, right? Can you introduce us to her Kai-hyung? She’s very pretty and she absolutely looks like an angel hyung.”

“Bwo? Angel?’ he was completely bowled over that even the youngest butler admires his wife.

“Neh Kai-hyung she is.” He quickly nodded.

“Yes, Milady Kim’s really pretty young master.” Even the Senior butler shyly agreed.

“Even you Joon Myun-hyung?”

“Well, to be honest we find the Milady very attractive the moment she stepped into the entrance door Young Master.” Junior butler spoke out, “But your Taeyon-umma is much prettier for me.” He mumbled to himself as he secretly admired the former milady of the family.

‘Yah!, Really, even here in London. I can’t believe this.’ He mentally slapped himself upon disbelief.

He does not really want to talk about much about his wife. And by knowing that even their London butlers admire her, it gave him the feel that it was really bothersome for her to live in such harem. Good thing they are married already.

“Butler Do is the food already ready?”

“Y-yes, Young Master.”

“Very well then, I’m quite hungry. Will you please call the Milady upstairs so we can eat now?”

The four butlers immediately volunteered themselves.

“Me!” said Butler Byun who was seemingly fan-boying.

“Me! Me Hyung!’ said butler Oh was raising his hand like a kindergarten.

“M-me!” butler Do shyly volunteered himself.

“Let me just call Milady Kim, Young Master.” The senior butler confidently volunteered.

Indeed, the crazy butlers gave him quite a headache.

“Okay, please call Milady Kim, Senior Butler Joon Myun.” He then chose the most 'descent' butler that he thought while massaging his temples.

“Hyung! Not fair, why is it only him?” the youngest butler immediately complained.

“Butler Oh, please quit whining!” the round-eyed junior butler shut their youngest.

The heir together with the other three butlers then entered the mansion.


Conversely, Joo Hyun was already awoken when she felt that er husband was not around the room anymore.

She then got curious of why Jong-In initially does not want to go to the said city when everything seems to be going well. Hence, she looked around the bed room to see the things that may be dear to the heir's heart.

When she got into the built-in mini library of the room and saw a photograph of a happy family on the executive table she already recognized her husband as the toddler in the photograph as she remembered seeing the familiar couple who was with her husabnd in the photograph.

 'She must be his Taeyon-umma, and Yunho-appa.' she thought as she recalled the two when she saw them on Jong-In's Ipad months ago.

She pondered and eventually mentally slapped herself,’ maybe they're the reason why he doesn't like to go here. Well yes, everybody knows that they died in a plane crash fifteen years ago. He should have just told me, I even had the guts to argue with him.'

She also got curious with the piles of books that were in the built-in mini library and started searching if there are self-improvement books she may be able to read. Unfortunately, most of the books were business related, mixed with a couple of old toddler short story books that seemed intended for the heir when he was still young, until an old thin brown notebook in between children story books got her attention - she find it queer so she took it from the shelf.

It was an old brown notebook, with a loosened locket on its side, and its brown covering has golden KTY initials embedded in the lower right part of the cover.

'KTY?' she thought for a moment, but became puzzled while thinking for what was the meaning behind those letters.

"Milady Kim." she heard an unfamiliar warm voice of a man calling her name and was knocking on the door.

She then rushed beside the king-sized bed where her travel bag was and put the notebook inside her travel bag then opened the door to see the person who was calling her.

"Good noon Milady Kim. Lunch is already prepared and Young Master wants to eat with you now." the Senior Butler warmly greeted her as soon as she opens the door.

"Okay then, Butler?" she asked for his name.

"Senior Butler Kim Joon-Myun, Milady Kim." he introduced himself flashing his infamous eye-smile.

"Annyeong hasaeyo Butler Kim. I'm Kim Joo Hyun." she politely greeted back.

"Shall I you now to the dining area Milady?"

"Let's go." they then head their way to the dining area for lunch.

"By any chance are you also related with Jong-In, Butler Kim?" she asked curiously.

"N-no, I came from a different family of Kims Milady." he shyly replied.

"Then I'll just call you Butler Joon Myun then."

"Anything that would suit you, Milady." he acknowledged her formally.

'The butlers here are more formal.' she thought for hearing consistent honorifics and the strict formality of the latter.


Jong-In was already tapping his fingers on the table nonstop becoming impatient when his wife came in the dining area. She enjoyed seeing the interiors of the classic English mansion while talking with the young senior butler as they walk their way.

"What took you so long?" he impatiently asked his wife.

"I'm sorry Jong-In-ah, I just had fun seeing the whole house. It's really beautiful here."

"Tss, what's beautiful in here? It's just an old mansion." he hissed.

"Throwing your tantrums again Jong-In? How childish!" she boldly remarked for the first time, getting used to his easily wavered mood.

"Let's just eat now I might also eat the plate getting so hungry because you're slow." he rolled his eyes.

She then shook her head in disappointment, and just shrugged it off as she sat on the opposite side from where he sat - their usual dining area sitting position.

"Why are you sitting there? You sit here beside me." he asked complaining.

"Why? This is how we usually eat right?"

He then looked at the four butlers who were with them. He knew that these butlers were already fan- boying because of his wife.

"No, I changed my mind. Starting from now you're going to sit beside me when eating.” he instructed his other half.

"Okay. If that's what you want." she agreed coolly. She then transferred to the seat right next to him.

They began eating their lunch without blurting a word to each other; he did not even budge to take the initiative to open a casual conversation with her.

'Jong-In-ah there's no difference even if you make me sit here beside you.’ she thought.

When they're almost done the youngest butler who was eagerly anticipating introducing himself to the Milady budge in.

"Kai-hyung, I thought you're going to introduce us to Milady?" he asked half-complaining.

"I almost forgot, I’m sorry Butler Oh." he then turned his attention to his wife and introduced the four butlers.

"Joo Hyun-ah, let me introduce you Junior Butler Oh he is the youngest butler of the household." then he pointed to the other three butlers for were standing few feet away from them, "The one who accompanied you is Senior Butler Kim Joon Myun, that round-eyed OC butler there is Do Kyung Soo, and the last one over there is Byun Baekhyun or Butler Bacon."

"Annyeong hasaeyo Butler Oh, Butler Do, and Butler Byun." she warmly smiled at the, she lastly averted her gaze to the senior butler, "Oh yes, Senior Butler Joo Myun."

The senior butler instantly flustered by the milady's way of addressing him differently to the others.

"Ahem." the heir intentionally coughed to get everybody's attention as he coldly scold the young senior butler,” Senior Butler, maintain the formality to the Milady."

"I-I deeply apologize Y-young Master!” the young senior butler instantaneously cringed in his position.

"Can't I loosen up a bit with them Jong-In-ah? I mean, they appear nice and friendly to me. I want to make friends with them too." the milady requested.

"We wanted to be friends with Milady too." the junior butlers started cooing as well.

"Yah! Why you -" he hesitated blurting out the whole statement, 'Always have to be friends with other guys? You have Chanyeol-hyung and your Wu Fan-oppa already, don't you think you're too much Joo Hyun. Hey! Your husband is here!'

"Why me?" she immediately shot back.

"Aish, whatever you want to do." he shrugged his shoulders almost annoyed yet trying his best maintaining not to lose his cool.

The three junior butlers rejoiced for knowing that the milady was kind enough also wanting to be friends with them who were like little kids.

"I'm junior butler Oh Sehun Milady Kim. I'm very pleased to meet you Milady-noona." the youngest butler immediately shook hands with the milady.

"My name is Byun Baekhyun Milady Kim. I'll be glad to serve you twentyfour hours a day-seven times a week even without holiday!" the fanboy butler introduced himself in glee.

"H-Hi Milady Kim, my name is Do Kyung Soo. I'm good at cleaning and cooking, so i-if you're hungry do not hesitate to call me." the round-eyed butler awkwardly introduced himself as well.

"H-hello Milady Kim." the senior butler also greeted shyly.

"They're all adorable Jong-In." she expressed in delight.

"Adorable their faces!" the heir rolled his eyes in disbelief, his wife got another set of fanboys again. He then stood up and walks his way out of the dining area.

"I'm going to sleep upstairs, you go enjoy your time with your 'new friends'" he emphasized his last two words waving his hand without looking back at them, and walked away.

“Oooh seems that Kai-hyung is jealous.” The youngest butler cooed, “Milady-noona, so what do you want to do now?”

“I wanted to go around London for the whole week butler Oh, it has been a dream come true to have gone to this place.” She gleefully replied.

Butler Byun intentionally joke and asked, “Really Milady Kim, is this your first time going to England?”

“Yes Butler Byun. Actually it is my very first overseas trip.” She replied innocently.

The four butlers were surprised with such revelation, and concluded that the new milady of the most affluent household in Asia came from a humble family and the Grand Master picked her for an arranged marriage with the heir.

Butler Byun then apologized for his question.” I deeply apologize for asking such Milady Kim.”

“Waeyo?”

“Ah, please consider my junior butlers’ demeanor Milady.” The young senior butler stood up for the latter.

“Don’t worry I don’t take it seriously, and it’s really my very first time going overseas. You know, I don’t really have that kind of background like the other Maladies.” She honestly admitted and reassured the four butlers. “Do you have any suggestions where can we go while we are here in London, because I only know London Eye, London Bridge and Thames River from the internet?”

“Are you planning to visit places with Young Master, Milady? If you wanted to start touring around I suggest you start touring in Trafalgar Square, then at Victoria and Albert Museum, after that have a boat ride in the River of Thames and see the view of the whole London on top of London Eye in the evening. But and if you want a romantic place for the last destination with Young Master we will be glad to you at Church of St. Peter at Westminster Abbey.” The young Senior Butler zealously elaborated.

“Church of St. Peter Westminster Abbey?” she was surprised with the last place the young senior butler suggested.

“Absolutely Milady-noona, don’t you want to spend your time touring in the Church where Prince William and Duchess Kate Middleton wedded?” the youngest butler asked in a hyped tone.

“That’s the perfect place for you two. Well if only Young Master Kim is entitled prince, but he’s like a prince his an heir and you are a Milady.” The round-eyed junior butler also joined in.

“And a fairytale-like love story suits you two.” Butler Byun closed the conclusion.

"Eh?" their suggestions completely bowled her over, 'These butlers, I think I'm going to take back my first impression.'


It was already late in the evening in the Korean mansion but the mysterious gentleman was still all awake, engrossed in reading inspirational novels inside the mansion's library when his grandfather Lord Wu called him on the line.

"Hello Grandfather, what makes you call me this evening?" he abruptly answered in his usual cold tone instead of being respectful.

"Aren't you glad that I've called you? What's taking you so long there that it seems you're not planning to go back here?” Lord Wu also raised his tone.

"I still have to stay in here grandfather, please give me some more time."

"Perhaps you're already having too much fun in there. Is that because of the Milady? Don't forget your main purpose why I let you go there Wu Fan." the old lord reminded the mysterious gentleman in a stern tone.

"I'm here to introduce my true self to my younger brother grandfather, I did not ask for your permission to go here because of that mission you're telling me. I've dreaded him already and I'm not doing it again ever." he firmly uttered.

"Did you forget why your mother suffered so much to raise you alone? How rubbish of you to neglect that Wu Fan!"

"I may appear rubbish to you grandfather, but I'm certainly not doing any of your rubbish plans either, not even if it's because of mother, because I know she would not like it either."

"Well then if it cannot be helped, I guess I did the right move to send your younger brother there, he is not as skillful as you but at least he knows how to obey me." the old lord tone was rather threatening.

"Please you stop it grandfather."

"It can't be helped, because you're like that Wu Fan." he then hanged up.

"Grandfather!" he then attempted to call back the old lord but then failed.

'I think I should take action. Good thing Milady's identity has not been fully known yet, but what about Jong-In.' anxiousness crept in him for knowing that the husband and wife have a high possibility to encounter danger in the foreign country.


Seohyun undoubtedly enjoyed the company of the young butlers. She spent her whole afternoon talking and playing with them as they tour her to the whole mansion She find them more accommodating, and easier to communicate with compared to the servants in the Korean mansion that she did not even have to initiate the ice breaker between them since the four servants were naturally jolly and carefree to be with, though the fact cannot be denied that they are fan-boying her.

It was past seven in the evening when she decided to enter their room to see what her husband has been doing. Surprisingly, just like their usual nights in Korea, the heir was watching the sergeant frog while sulking in the couch in front of the home theatre.

“It seems that you and Keroro have really gotten closer than we used to be.” She playfully uttered in a jealous tone.

“So what if we’ve gotten closer? At least this talking frog doesn’t argue with me!” he reasoned out still sulking himself in the couch.

“I did not know that it’s also aired in here.”

“No it’s not, I bought limited edition DVDs myself silly!”

“What’s your problem? You’ve been all grumpy for the whole afternoon.” She asked as she sat beside him.

“Nothing.” He denied.

“Come on. Here you go with your nothing again.” She then went closer and leaned her head on his shoulder.

He then irked with her sudden gesture, “Aish, and you like leaning on me like that after enjoying your time with your fanboys huh?”

“Why? They’re my new friends I’m just being friendly, are you jealous?” she intentionally asked to get into his nerves – she’s slowly finding it as her husband’s cute side though.

“Of course not! Do you think I’m that easy?” he denied.

“I’m tired, I think I lacked catnap this afternoon can we sleep already so we can go to places tomorrow?” she asked shifting the subject.

‘After neglecting me the whole day you still have the guts to ask me to tour you around tomorrow? This girl is really something’ he mentally noted.

“I have other plans for tomorrow, I’ll tell Senior Butler Joon Myun to tour you around instead.” He indirectly declined.

“And you are going to sulk yourself again.” She uttered in disappointment.

“Okay then, if that’s what you want I’m okay going out with Senior Butler Joon Myun-oppa.” She teased.

“Yah! Oppa again, will you stop it? For your information he is months younger than you, he only looks older because of his work!” he articulated with his aggravated tone.

 “Jong-In-ah for me you’re the cutest but since you always love to argue with me, I guess I will only put you as the second in my list.” She let out her giggles.

“And who’s your number one if I’m not the cutest guy in your list anymore?” he pried.

“Secret.” She left her husband with a cliff hanger answer.

“Huh.” He chuckled in disbelief. “It’s okay I also have some other girl in mind. She’s way cuter and way more beautiful than you”

She furrowed her eyebrows with her  husband’s sudden counter. “Who?’

“SNSD maknae.” He smugly confessed and deviously smirked.

The husband-and-wife spent their night watching the infamous sergeant frog together.

Joo Hyun literally fell asleep on her husband’s shoulder, which left him with no choice but to carry her to the king-sized bed.

“You, I hate it when you’re having fun with other guys. Can’t you be more loyal to me?” he softly whispered as he watched her sleep before going back to the couch.