Finals - Their Plan

The Heir's Love Story

“Yah! Let me sit beside Hyun!” Sooyoung protested to Yoona, and Yuri.

“You shikshin, stay put in here.” Yoona started to sermon Sooyoung as she points at her to stay in her seat. “This finals is different from last semester. No cheating to maknae!”

Seohyun cannot help herself but to laugh at her unnies, they’re the dorkiest people in the world for her.

“Hyun, will you let this ruckus copy your answers?” the tanned girl asked her as she points out to Sooyoung.

“I’m used to her Yul-unnie. I’m used to the three of you.” She cannot help but to laugh even more.

“Yah! Am I the only person who wants to sit beside Hyunnie? Why are you making me the only bad person in here?” The shikshin complained once again. “You two are no fair! You’ve purposely let her sit in between the two of you for two days in a row already. Now it is day three, let me sit beside her.”

“You don’t need it Soo! Give a chance to the needy.” Yuri said, letting out a dorky laugh.

“I know it is Hematology time again.” Sooyoung put her arm on the tanned girls’ shoulder as she bribed her. “Let me sit beside maknae now. I’ll let you see my paper.”

“Promise me you won’t cover it?” the tanned girl childishly signaled the shikshin for a pinky swear.

“Promise.” The taller girl intertwined their pinkies.

The last day of the final examinations came. As usual, the prankster trio takes their turn in sitting beside their maknae, which they call their ‘cheating arrangement’. Seohyun has nothing against it; they’ve been doing it since they’ve entered their pre-med proper. Their course is not just a typical one; it’s one of the most tedious professions. And knowing that it is hard for her unnies, and considering that she’s the most gifted amongst them, she chose to be generous to them by occasionally letting them copy her answers during exams. Hence, she had no choice since the pranksters will copy from her to no avail.

But other than that said event, it was also the second week of the husband-and-wife’s cold war.

The three have been noticing how the two grew distant to each other for the past half month. At first, they want the two to reconcile on their own without involving themselves, but Jong-In and Seohyun were extremely passive kind of people that the three of them were already having a head ache thinking of the best solution they could do for the two to have time to talk things out alone without one escaping the other.

They finished their Hematology exam in no time, and it was all thanks to the maknae who let them see her answer paper with their sniper eyes. Hence, they were able to eat lunch earlier.

“So what should we do now?” the doe-eyed girl asked the two other pranksters with her as Seohyun was still on the line for her food in the counter.

“I haven’t thought of a clear idea yet. But I’m thinking that it would be best if we talk to Mr. Park, he can be a big help. He seems to be the person behind Jong-In’s transferring to our section.” Yuri suggested whispering to the two who were sitting across the table with her.

“That could be. Good idea. Yul, why didn’t you use your head to think for the exam earlier?” Sooyoung praised the tanned girl while applying her scorning skills as she took a huge bite of her foot-long German Franks.

“Yah Choi Sooyoung do you want me to cut you throat out? When are you going to complement me properly?” the tanned girl threatened the shikshin with her low husky voice.

“Let me finish my German Franks at least.”

They kept discussing for possible moves they could do for the two until the maknae cut their ‘serious’ conversation as she joined them.

“I’m sorry for taking so long.” Seohyun apologized to the trio.

“Omo, take a seat maknae. You know you should have come la – “Yuri immediately elbowed he interrupter for almost slipping.

“Yah dark-skin! You’re being too much today!” the interrupter complained.

The trio was all looking weird for their youngest.

Seohyun tilted her head and thought for a second as she asked her Yoona-unnie, the most descent person she can get an answer out of the three of them, “What’s up with you three Yoongie?”

“Nothing Seohyunnie.” The doe-eyed girl flashed her signature alligator smile, good thing Yoona is such a good actress in terms of covering up.

Yuri glared at Sooyoung intently; the interrupter was really getting into her nerves that she would really wanted o cut if she only has a butler knife at that time.

‘You ruckus, when are you going to behave like a normal person you’re becoming extremely abnormal you know?’ she scorned her partner in crime mentally.

“Oh, Kwon Yul, I understand what you’re thinking. You think I’m abnormal, right?” Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders as she spoke to Yuri as if she has telepathy and jest, “You’re having a black conscience as well.”

“Yah Choi Sooyoung, you only know hasty generalization. How come you passed Logic with only that?” Yuri threw black.

And the other two laughed at them hard. Finally, they have gotten a chance to spend a typical day together.


Meanwhile, Chanyeol was on his way driving going to Dongguk to pay visit to the two. The mansion became already boring for him that he decided to go and visit the couple on their school or even fetch them as he tour himself in the said school.

‘How is Seohyun-noona doing? Hope she’s fine, I hope she took their finals easily, she’s too cute and a real goddess at the same time, I admire her for already. Unfortunately, she’s already married to my straight faced cousin. I can only hope for their happily ever after story.’He childishly thought as he sped up driving his Hammer. He maybe childish and animated but he has manlier taste compare to Jong-In when it comes to cars.


Jong-In was sitting on a small uphill slope under a big old oak tree near the outdoor basketball court of their institute’s building. He only had the chance to hang in there at that particular moment since the beginning of the semester started.

It was so peaceful, he can sigh all his worries in there. Indeed, it was his favorite spot.

He spent several more minutes alone there staring blankly at the empty outdoor basketball court down the slope.

Until someone hit him with a crumpled paper on his head, “Gotcha!” he heard a familiar voice of a girl that sounded few meters away from him.

He turned around and saw a familiar figure of a female. She’s tall, has long wavy hair, slender body, beautiful oval-shaped face, and cat-eyed which gives her a strong ice-princess vibe. It was Krystal Jung – his all-time laboratory partner since preparatory pre-med.

“Jung.” He called her by her surname.

“Care if I join you here for sometime?” the girl asked as she walks near him.

He nodded.

“Long time no talk; you’ve never visited us in the other class. We’re just on the third floor you know.” She then sat beside him.

He diverted his gaze at the empty outdoor basketball court once again. “No need for that, we’re seeing each other sometimes in the hallways.”

 

“Jong-In you haven’t changed a bit. You’re still Mr. Straight Face.”

Without even looking at her he replied, “And you’re still used to me. We’ve been partners for three years.”

She let out a chuckle, “I thought you’ve become a little nicer since you’re already married.”

“What’s the connection of me being nice with my marriage?” he shot back.

“Dummy, I thought she married you because you’ve become humane.” She started to .

“Humane? What do you think of me?”

“An intelligent handsome zombie.” She complemented and scorned him at the same time, and started laughing.

“Why not try to look at yourself in the mirror first, Ms. Ice Princess.” He shot back.

“Hey, I’m not.” She denied.

“And then what are you?” he let out a small chuckle.

“I just have a chic personality, that’s it.” She reasoned out.

He averted his attention to the girl,” Chic personality? The first time you became my partner I thought you were cocky.”

He started laughing as he was able to dominate her from scorning.

She furrowed her eyebrows and hit him hard on his arm.

“Yah, no hitting.” He coldly protested.

“Serves you right, you’re no gentleman. You just like one because of you’re straight face!” she let her tongue out.

Krystal Jung is one of his few friends at Dongguk. They were partnered in almost everything – from laboratory experiments and educational competitions against other universities, they eventually became friends for relating to each other. Both came from a wealthy family – he’s a heir and she’s a heiress. She’s the daughter of the most affluent technological company in Korea – Samsung.

Jong-In does not really show interest on befriending heiress, he finds them irritating and demanding. But Krystal was different, though she may be stubborn, outspoken, and cocky she always make her parents proud of her. Same goes with Jong-In, that’s why they complement each other’s attitude and eventually became friends.

It was one fateful day when Krystal’s so-called friends betrayed her after using her financially when they were in first year of their pre-med, which was also the same time when they got partnered in their laboratory experiments.

“You’ve never changed Ice-Krystal.” He called her with his invented pet name for her.

Instead of getting annoyed by his scorning she started reminiscing the time he called her with that pet name. “It has been a year since you stopped calling me that.”

“And it has been four years since I gave you that name Ice-Krystal. You’ve been crying when your friends left you after getting you into trouble with some cheap gangsters outside school.” He added.

The ice princess chuckled, “You still clearly remember that?”

“Why? I just have a better memory than you.” He jokingly bragged.

“But I was not able to thank you that time, should I thank you for scorning me with such a pet name or not?”

“It depends on you. But I did stop you from weeping, right?”

“Hey I’m not weeping you’re exaggerating again!” she complained. “You stopped me from crying because you annoyed me!”

“Wow, you really don’t know how to thank people.” He expressed with sarcasm.

She then averted the topic and asked, “Can I still lean on your back?”

“Why is there a word ‘still’ in your sentence?” he questioned.

“Because your wife might get jealous on me, dummy!” she mocked the young gentleman.

“You’re over thinking Jung. Of course you still can, what laboratory partners are for?” he permitted her.

“Whatever Jong-In, you do really have friends-with-benefits attitude in you.” She then leaned her back on his back and slightly tilted her head and shut her eyes closed.

“I’m going to sleep here so don’t move an inch.” She reminded him.

He averted back on staring at the empty outdoor court. The wind breeze was undoubtedly calming; he was able to free himself from their cold war even from a short while. And as what his heiress companion told him, he did not move an inch.

Moments later, he received an SMS from his cousin Chanyeol, ‘Come here at the 2nd floor of Science Building I came to visit you and Joo Hyun-noona. Bbali-wa!’


On the other hand, Chanyeol was wandering at the 2nd floor Science Building in Dongguk University, he knows his cousin’s whereabouts since he is a part-time stalker and a full-time adventurer. He was messaging his cousin when he slightly bumped into a tall slender girl who was munching a box of doughnuts all by herself.

“Sorry miss.” He apologized.

“Shhowwi roo!” she apologized as well as she bite half a caramel-coated doughnut.

He already walked-pass the tall girl when he instinctively thought of asking her, “Hey excuse me Ms. Doughnut, do you know Kim Jong-In and Kim Joo Hyun?”

The tall slender girl clearly heard his question and immediately swallowed the donut she was eating and responded,” Those two! I know them.”

He immediately went near her, “Really? Where can I find those two?”

“Hey, slow down. By the way who are you?” she looked at the tall gentleman carefully.

“I’m Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you miss, but who are you too?” he introduced himself and asked her back.

“Nice to meet you too! I’m Choi Sooyoung, one of the infamous close friends of milady Joo Hyun.” She proudly told him.

“Oh, you’re friends with Joo Hyun-noona?” he let out his hand for a hand shake. “I’m one of the more handsome cousins of Jong-In.”

The tall girl let out a chuckle due to the gentleman’s animated introduction, and replied, “Joo Hyun’s with my two other friends somewhere there in the corridor on the right. Jong-In, I don’t have any idea where he is now. You know, those two are having a cold war right now, too much drama.”

“I’m aware of their situation right now. Yeah, so much drama.” He agreed to her statement.

Their conversation continued as they walk the hallway.

“Want some doughnuts?” Sooyoung offered some of her food to the gentleman with her.

“Gee, thanks.” He accepted her offer and got a doughnut inside the box.

“I wonder how we can get hose two together?” she randomly asked the animated gentleman.

“I have been thinking about that too.” He wandered his eyes around the hallway and saw a janitor locking a room he just cleaned.

Aside from his animated gestures, his thinking is also animated that makes his whole being as a live cartoon character.

“Ahah!” he sounded as is there was a light bulb that blinked in his head.

“You already have an idea?” the shikshin asked, getting another piece of doughnut inside the box.

“Why don’t we lock the two?” the animated gentleman said to her half-whispering.

“How?”

“Do you know a near place where Joo Hyun hates to go?” he asked.

The shikshin tilted her head and held her chin as she thought for a second, “Hmm, she hates Pathology, she hates going to the morgue.”

“That’s great, so where’s the morgue?’ he asked, and look around the hallway again.

“Are you sure? Morgue? How can we do that?” Sooyoung wondered about the rather impossible idea of the animated gentleman.

“That’s easy. Once we get the key to that room everything will follow. All you girls have to do is to lure Joo Hyun-noona and let me handle my less handsome cousin.” He clearly explained.

“But Joo Hyun’s with the other two how could we discuss it with them?”

“Just message one of them to get in here.” He suggested.

The two of them stopped in a corner as Sooyoung sent an SMS to Yuri.

‘Yul, come here in the middle of the hallway in front of room 207. I already thought of a brilliant idea. But you SHUT UP for now, we’ll tell Yoona later.’

As soon as Yuri receives the shikshin’s message she pretended that she suddenly has a stomach ache and that she needs to poop, and rushed to where Sooyoung instructed her to go.

“So what’s your brilliant idea shikshin?” the tanned girl immediately asked the taller girl without even looking and got the box of doughnuts from her hands.

“Yah! That’s mine!” the shikshin complained. “Actually it is his brilliant idea.” She pointed Chanyeol who was beside her.

Yuri was surprised with the random handsome gentleman who was with the shikshin. “Who is he?” the tanned girl asked rather captivated than wondering.

“This is Chanyeol, he is Jong-In’s cousin. He came to visit those two when we bumped into each other.” The shikshin introduced the animated gentleman to her friend.

“Annyeong hasaeyo, Kwon Yuri –imnida.” She slightly bowed her head and introduced herself.

“Nice to meet you as well Kwon Yuri-ssi.” He let out his hand to the tanned girl for a hand shake. The tanned girl then shook his hand.

Yuri averted her gaze to her friend and asked again, “So what’s the plan now? What are we going to do?”

The three went closer to each other and formed a circle.

He then started to discuss about the plan, “So this is wheat we are going to do. I’m going to lure my cousin while you go handle Joo Hyun-noona. And let’s lock them together in the morgue.”

“Morgue? Are you serious? Yuri defied the gentleman’s idea.

 “Yes. Since it is Joo Hyun-noona’s most hated place in this university cant you picture out how great will it be when there’s only Jong-In with her to be around?” he defended his idea.

“You should keep on hanging with this guy since he is thinking.” Sooyoung has once again found the perfect timing to scorn the tanned girl.

Yuri just rolled her eyes.

“Ms. Doughnut mentioned to me that you also have another friend with you, right?”

The two nodded.

“Let her be with Joo Hyun-noona and let’s get the key of the morgue from the janitor. Then I’m going to meet my cousin for a while then let’s see each other again at the morgue around 5:45pm, is that okay?”

“But Joo Hyunnie’s cunning and she really hates the morgue, how could we convince her to go there with us?” the tanned girl asked again.

Chanyeol held his chin and thought for a second, “There’s no need to lure her if she’s like that. Let’s use some magic potion to make this plan possible.”

He got something out of his pocket – a tiny bottle of sleeping scent. “Tada!”

The tanned girl was dumb-founded while the shikshin was amazed by how amazing their new found companion was.

“Sleeping scent?” Yuri chuckled, “You even have that? Are you some kind of a kidnapper?”

“No Ms. Yuri I just bought it some time in Thailand because I knew this would be useful someday.” He reasoned out.

The tanned girl was not able to control herself but let out another chuckle, “Sooyoungie, this guy’s really something. Then she asked again, “What about Jong-In? if you give that to us how will you handle him?”

“Jong-In needs no sleeping scent.” He showed his fist out. “I have good knuckles here.”

“Yah no using of violence inside school premises.” Sooyoung warned him.

“I’m not.” He defended himself, “Well, my dongsaeng will not die from it he’ll just be able to sleep.”

And so, their ‘serious’ discussion about the plan continued.

A few minutes later, Sooyoung messaged Yoona, ‘Yoong just be with Seohyun, okay? Yuri and I are together. We already formed a good plan here. Just go with the flow and SHUT your mouth and leave no clue. We’ll be with you in 20 minutes. Tell Seohyun that we went to the clinic because Yul’s having a stomach ache.’

As soon as the doe-eyed girl received the message, she did what she has to do.

On the other hand, Sooyoung, Yuri and Chanyeol sneakily grabbed the keys of the morgue from the janitor.

The moment they did it, the animated gentleman excused himself from the two and met with his cousin.

 

Jong-In was on his way up to the second floor of the Science Building when he met his cousin Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol-hyung, what with the sudden appearance?” he asked.

“I got bored that’s why I went outside.” The animated gentleman yawned as if he was really sleepy and bored.

“So where do you want to go now?” the heir asked him again.

“I’m quite hungry. Let’s go grab something to rat.”

The two went into the university’s cafeteria and grabbed some sausage sandwiches. And they walked their way to the slope near the empty outdoor court where Jong-In usually stays alone.

“Hyung I thought you also wanted to see Joo Hyun-noona?” the heir asked as they sat on the slope under the big old oak tree.

“My noona not your noona. “he scolded his younger cousin. “I wanted to but since she’s not around yet let’s just stay here for awhile.”

The heir did not utter any other word and gaze at the empty outdoor court.

When Chanyeol finished his food, he waited for the right timing to call Jong-In and prepared his fist for the heir’s sure knock-out.

“Jong-In.” he called his name in a low but catchy tone.

The heir averted his attention to his cousin and was warmly welcomed by hi hyung’s knuckles and fell unconscious.

“Asa!” the animated gentleman exclaimed for his success.

 

While waiting for Yuri and Sooyoung, Yoona asked Seohyun to come with her in the Pathology laboratory which was two rooms away from the morgue.

“Hyunnie, I almost forgot o replace the formalin for my brain preservation specimen. Would you mind coming with me?” the doe-eyed girl act worried.

“Oh sure Yoongie.”

The doe-eyed girl stood up and grabbed the youngest’s hand.

On their way going to the pathology lab, the doe-eyed girl sent SMS to the two. ‘We’re on our way to Patho lab, be ready.’

“What if the two comes back in there Yoongie?” the maknae asked.

“Sooyoung said that Yuri has stomachache, they’ll be back in thee in 20 minutes. We’re just going to replace the formalin that will not take too long.”

“I thought Yuri-unnie will just defecate in the wash room. Okay.” She fell from her excuse.

When they were in the laboratory, Yoona pretended to replace the formalin of an old preserved brain.

She went to the metal sink and separated the chemical out from the organ when she messaged Sooyoung for the go signal. ‘Now’

 

When the shikshin received the doe-eyed girl’s message, she sneakily opened the 2nd smaller door of the laboratory while Yuri opens the door of the morgue.

Seohyun was sitting on a laboratory sink when the interrupter went behind her and covered with a handkerchief that has sleeping scent.

“Let’s go now.” She whispered to the doe-eyed girl while supporting the weight of the sleeping maknae.

Chanyeol was carrying Jong-In from his back when he arrived in the opening of the morgue seeing the tanned girl.

“Quick, this one might gain consciousness sooner!”

The tanned girl opened the door from the animated gentleman and put the heir on the ground and leaned him on a metal sink with three newly autopsied cadavers lying.

 

Yoona and Sooyoung carried Seohyun and laid her down on Jong-In’s lap as Yuri kept being the look out.

:”That’s okay now. Let’s go out in here.” She hissed to the three as she sneakily guards the door if there are no passer byes.

“Yoong don’t forget their bags.” Sooyoung reminded the doe-eyed girl to bring the bags with her.

“Let me carry hose for you.” The animated gentleman volunteered to help the doe-eyed girl.

All of them quickly got out of the morgue leaving the two alone as the tanned girl locked its door.

The four celebrated their successful plan and walked their way out of the building.

“I bet those two will have their most romantic night inside the morgue.” Sooyoung went hyped imagining the two.

The other three went laughing in the idea imagining the same scene.

“I wonder how Hyun will cling on Jong-In when she sees corpse.” Yuri’s laughter went on.

“Yeah, she hates it she might burst out crying. And imagine how will Jong-In make her stop.” The doe-eyed girl cupped her own face as she was giddy.

“Maybe their first kiss will happen this evening.” Sooyoung added and made a wicked grin.” We’re really partners in crime.” She high-five the three.

Chanyeol tilted his head and asked the girls in a serious tone, “They haven’t kissed yet?”

“Neh.” The doe-eyed girl nodded.

“Gosh, I never thought that my cousin is that lame.” He expressed with rather disgusted look.

And so, the prankster trio and the animated gentleman went out to celebrate the evening.