Changes

The Heir's Love Story

Time flew by and another week has passed, and their cold treatment towards each other continues. Jong-In busied himself juggling his time managing their company and studying for finals. While Seohyun kept herself busy with her ethics class in the afternoon and reviewing for finals week as well.

The two of them still deal with staying in the same room – Jong-In have gotten used to sleeping in the sofa, and Joo Hyun in his bedroom, though no one dare to utter a single word or a little gesture towards the other.

People who were close to them have already observed their indifference when it comes to dealing with each other.

As Tiffany observed them eat their breakfast together without having any neither conversation nor physical contact, she decided to converse with the heir about the matter when they bumped into each other in one of the halls of the enormous mansion.

 “Kai-ah, I’ve noticed that you and Milady Joo Hyun were kind of indifferent to each other these days. Is there anything that happened between you two? Care to explain that to your Tiffany-noona?” the fashion designer started to ask him intently.

“Nothing Tiffany-noona. We’re usually like that, there’s nothing really new about that. “He lied.

The fashion designer gave him an unconvinced look, she knows him very well since they have been friends since childhood. He may not be talkative, he may be secretive when it comes to his true feelings, but he was never a good liar.

“Tell me what is it all about Jong-In. Lie to all the butlers and lady helpers in this household but you can never do that to your Tiffany-noona.” She tested his level of eagerness to hide the whole thing.

Knowing that his Tiffany-noona would not stop from asking him about what really happened to them, he let it out short but straightforwardly, “Joo Hyun and I had agreed to divorce a year from now.”

Raising an eyebrow as she crossed her arms on her chest Tiffany boldly let out her view. “Huh? Whose stupid idea is that?”

“Mine.” He responded almost whispering. He literally wanted to hide his head like a snail in a shell.

“Kim Jong-In since when did stupidity entered your system?”

“Tiffany-noona, there’s no reason to let those out since it’s already done.” He countered the older girl.

“That’s your problem; you don’t know how to express your feelings.” Her expression turned into a disappointed one.

“If I do would I get what I want?” his eyes were very expressive as he asked the question.

Realizing that Jong-In lived under the will of the Grand Master all his life, she understands why he developed such kind of thinking. Hence, she also thought of the other meaning of what he meant.

“Are you still thinking that your inheritance is still your ultimate happiness, or there’s someone who let you feel that?” She then pointed a finger to his heart as her eye smiles started to appear.

He knows what the older girl meant; she was pertaining about his wife again.

“You mean this Tiffany-noona?” he pointed to his head letting out a small chuckle while acting tough. “Brain can be taught how to love. Trust me, that is the reason why the creator put that above all the other organs.”

“Omo, Doctor Kim is that you?” the fashion designer teased. “But you should trust my words too. Someone will change that mind-over-matter perception of yours one day. Don’t let that person pass, or you will wait for another lifetime to encounter that person again.”

He tried to reason out. “You know how I got up when Kris-hyung got me hurt, right? It’s all because of that perception Tiffany-noona. I think I’d choose to live my whole life like that.”

But the fashion designer is really wise when it comes to giving her dongsaeng advices, “Never look at the end of the bridge without even crossing its middle. Sometimes love is stronger than a man’s conviction. You’ll miss half of your life if you don’t pay attention of what you have right now.”

“Soc-fany is that you?” he mimicked the way the fashion designer for sounding Socratic, as he started to poke her sides.

“Kai-ah, stop doing that you’ll soon become the owner of this household!” the fashion designer protested over his childish ways.

He then started giggling on how his Tiffany-noona easily complains over his jest, without knowing that the milady was walking her way on that particular hall they were in.

 

“Tiffany-noona, I easily get into your nerves these days, you’re becoming an ahjumma.” He added, as his laughter has not yet subsided.

 

Joo Hyun walk pass to them, and when she had already passed them, she instantly went sprint walking to immediately get out of that enormous hall.

“Now that’s what I call jealousy!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“She’s not noona. She’s angry with me. You know the trending scandal that happened to us, right? He asked as his laughter eventually fades with his indifferent wife’s sight.

She then nodded.

“She thinks that I was the one who plot that because she has seen the pictures that were used on that internet hoax on the household camera.” He further explained.

“And that’s why you two decided to pursue that divorce?” she asked a concluding question.

 

He nodded, “But I wonder who could be the person who plotted us both.”

“Do you want me to help you find the suspect behind that?”

“It would be helpful, but either way she made her final decision.”

“The thing is that decision can be implemented by next year and you still have 300 plus days to change that.” She countered the early conclusion of the heir.

“You and your ‘Math’ skills Tiffany-noona.” He teased again.

“Hey that’s why I took fashion designing Jong-In!” she complained once again. 


On the other side of the mansion, Seohyun sprint her feet going to the vast part of the mansion garden. Her mind was fully occupied by the scene she just saw in the hallway, ‘I guess he’s really happy now.’

She let out a deep sigh due to that matter as she notice that she was already surrounded by tall trees and that she walked-pass the usual European styled garden of the household.

“I think I better go back.” She then turned around from where she was standing but all she saw were also tall trees.

‘This can’t be. I think I’m lost.’ She thought half-panicking, as she attempt to trail her way back.

Unfortunately, her attempt to trail her way was a failure due to the view of the tall trees that was very bewildering.

She tried to walk the opposite way from where she was.

“Now I don’t know where am I.” she stood still from her position and thought of the way back carefully.

“I’m going to try going he – “she pointed her finger to the east but her sentence was cut, as a tall young man jumped off in front of her from a branch of a tall tree.

“W-Who are you?” she stumbled on her own feet in surprise as the tall young man landed almost right where she was standing.

“Sorry.” The young man apologized, while dusting off his trousers.

“I’m Park Chanyeol.” He stood up and offered his hand to help her stand up. “I’m on my way to visit my newly wedded cousin.”

At first, Seohyun was hesitant to grab his hand for thinking that he may be a bandit entering the affluent family’s premise. She then intently looked at him and examined his features: he is tall and his voice is deep and low, but his facial features and childish gestures contradict his height and voice – he has thin pink lips, pointed nose, slightly round face, and innocent round eyes, which makes the main contradiction.

“You don’t want help?” he offered his hand again. She then grabbed it.

“What are you doing in this part of the garden young lady?” he asked.

“I-I got lost here. I was just walking in the hallway nearest to the garden and the next thing I knew I’m here already.” She replied as she thinks of who could he tall young gentleman could be.

‘Why am I explaining to him right now? ‘She thought and doubted once again that if he’s really a gentleman who wanted to visit the household.

‘He should have taken the main entrance.’She told herself.

“Now that’s weird.” He expressed his thought while showing his innocent round eyes.

“You’re a lot weirder. Why would someone choose to go all over the woods just to get inside this mansion?” she countered, rather interrogating to get an answer.

He tilted his head and observed the milady’s face, “I have never seen you around here before. Once I reach the mansion I’m going to tell Butler Kang that their new helper is wandering around here.”

He stood up straight and animatedly took a close look of the milady’s face. “But you seem no helper to me.”

Joo Hyun did not know what to feel, whether to find the tall young gentleman annoying or adorable. “My name is Seo Joo Hyun. I-I mean Kim Joo Hyun now.”

“That’s your name?” he tilted his head and thought about her name for a moment. And when he realized who the girl in front of him was, he animatedly switched himself into a gentleman.

He knelt down like a prince and introduced himself formally, “Annyeong hasaeyo Milady Kim, I’m Park Chanyeol, one of the more handsome cousin of the heir.”

She was amused with his sudden transformation from being an animated young man to a gentleman and was not able to hold back her chuckle with his manner of introduction.

“Why are you laughing milady Kim?” he looked at her with his childish gaze.

“It’s unusual in to meet someone unusual like you in this kind of place.” She covered to hide her laughter. “I’m glad to meet you here Park Chanyeol.”

“Well, I’m gladder to meet you in this unusual place too, Milady Kim.”  He sood up and dust his khaki trousers again.

“Let us go to the mansion, shall we?” she initiated guiding the tall young man in front of him.

“Oh, I thought you just got lost in here milady?”

Realizing that she was indeed lost, she felt embarrassed for forgetting and just rubbed her nape, “Uh, yes. I’m kinda lost in here.”

“Don’t worry; I know this part of mansion very well.” Chanyeol immediately gripped the milady’s wrist and sprint walk with her going to the mansion.


Jong-In was in the library reading his notes for the upcoming final examinations. He just had his focus in reading one of his medical books when Kris went to him and approached him.

“I see that finals is coming.” The mysterious gentleman initiated a conversation.

He was already aware of Kris’ presence near him but decided not to bother and continued reading.

The ethics teacher knew that it will happen, and thought of the most effective way to get his attention, “I noticed that you and Joo Hyun were not in good terms these past few days.”

Undoubtedly, the ethics instructor got the heir’s attention as he opens the topic.

“Joo Hyun, she changed a bit. In a good way.” He then let out a smirk.

Jong-In heavily swung his book close, and spoke in a cold tone. “I have no time for your riddles Kris-hyung. So if you have something to tell me, tell it straight.”

“Joo Hyun-ssi, she’s becoming more open these days. Aren’t you bothered by that?”

“Who? With you?” the heir shot back a question as if he totally not affected.

The mysterious gentleman affirmed with another smirk, “I told you, guard your sheep.”

He thought that the mysterious gentleman’s action really annoying. So he stood up and leaned closer then glared at him furiously.

“Is that what you will always do whenever I speak to you like this?” Kris questioned the young heir actions coldly.

“She has her own mind. Let her be.” He was bowled over with the older gentleman’s question, but did not let him notice.

“Let her be, really? But your actions are telling me the other way around.”

“Do you think you’re in the right position to tell me that?” the heir asked with the obvious fury reflected in his eyes.

Kris knew what he meant. It caused him to regret for so many years but good thing he knows how to control his reactions very well.

“Don’t blame me if one day you two will completely become distant to each other. I’ve already forewarned you, and this is the second time.”

“That’s if you’re going to make a move Kris-hyung.” The heir emphasized how he addresses the mysterious gentleman as older brother; there was a sense of mockery.

“There’s so many fish in the sea
Jong-In. don’t blame the world to me.”

And the mysterious gentleman walked out the library.

‘Is he threatening me?’ He thought as he goes back to his seat and opened the medical book he was reading.

 

Few minutes later, the door of the library swung open again. This time, he stood up from his seat and heavily walked going to the door of the library to see the next person who’s going to interrupt him again.

“Kai-ah!” a tall familiar figure greeted him – it was Chanyeol. He called his cousin using the nickname the young heir used to go by when they were younger.

He was surprised and happy by the tall gentleman’s sudden appearance, “Chanyeol-hyung!” until he averted his gaze at the girl that his hyung was holding – his wife.

“Jong-In.” she called his name almost whispering, and turned her attention o somewhere else to avoid interaction.

The animated gentleman noticed the heir’s silence as he look at the girl he was holding onto.

“Kai-ah is she your wife?” he asked as he let her go from his grip.”

“Neh Chanyeol-hyung.” He answered rather in a faint tone.

The animated gentleman tilted his head, “Kim Jong-In, don’t misunderstand your hyung, okay? I’ve just seen her wandering in the woods when I was walking my way here.”

He looked at his wife’s direction, observing her uneasiness in front of him. He shrugged off the idea of approaching her, and replied to his cousin in a cold and indifferent tone, “I see Chanyeol-hyung.”

The older gentleman thought that his cousin was quite off the hook with his wife. “Kai-ah, at least learn to be a bit gentle to Milady-noona. Even if we all know here that your marriage is all Grand Master Kim’s plan. Even if you look at any angle, you’re still husband and wife you know.”

He then held the hand of his cousin and the milady’s hand and joined them together.

“What are you trying to do hyung?” he hesitated as he tried to escape from his grip.

“Can’t you tell? That’s just holding hands; you’re not a kindergarten not to know.”

To no avail, he held her hand because of his cousin’s playful idea.

“Now that’s sweet.” Chanyeol flashed his dorky smile.

She remained motioneless even if he was already holding her hand. He wanted to at least say a word. But then, something in him hinders him to utter even a sound.

When she was about to pull away, he decided to let all his courage out. He tightened his grip and eventually intertwined his fingers with hers.