His Life as Her Husband

The Heir's Love Story

 


He was on his way to school alone as his wife has gotten fever and cold for overdoing herself from the previous week. Her body was not still able to adopt with the non-stop schedules they have to attend so he ordered Butler Kang not to allow the milady to go to school anymore and rest inside the mansion for a good whole day.

“Good morning Jong-in!” the trio greeted him in unison.

“Good morning Yoona-noona, Yuri-noona, Sooyoung-noona.” Unlike before, he learned how to talk back to them, though he usually talks to them formally.

“Try to loosen up. We are Joo Hyun’s friends. Definitely you are our friend too.” She used hasty generalization as she ought a conclusion. Hence, she was just trying to brighten up the mood of the morning and put her arm around Jong-In’s shoulders noticing that the maknae was still not yet around, “Where’s Joo Hyunnie?”

“She has gotten sick last night. I did not let her go to school today, since she need to rest.”

“What? Joo Hyun got sick? Our baby, she seldom goes to school, and we barely hang out together these days. I missed her already. “Being the closest unnie, Yoona really worried a lot because of the news. “Can we visit her later?”

“You can come anytime you want, Yoona-noona.”

“How about us?” Yuri asked jokingly.

“Of course, Yuri-noona.” He was still a little awkward dealing with the prankster trio though he has gotten a little closer to them after the wedding.

“Well then, prepare a lot of snack for us.” Sooyoung boldly requested.

“Yah shikshin, since when your skin became that thick?” Yuri countered the latter.

“I’m just kidding.” She excused. “But it will be nicer if you do Jong-In.” but then, she indirectly insisted.

“Have some shame Choi Sooyoung!” Yuri started to nag to her seemingly gluttonous companion.

Jong-In held himself to control his laughter. He thought that his wife is quiet reserve compare to the three of them which complements their friendship. He knew that they really care about his wife so it gave him a sense of strain to take extra careful of her. Even though she’s almost three years older than him, she’s considered as a baby by many. And his life right now is undoubtedly getting more and more connected to hers.

“Noonas, May I ask you a favor?” he suddenly asked.

“For as long as you’re not gonna ask us to lend you some money. What is it?” the shikshin asked.

“Can you lend me those previous notes we missed when we were not around?’ he almost hesitantly utter the request because he is no used to borrowing from anyone.

“Sure. But please try to rest as well Jong-In, you’re face has gotten longer, it shows that you’re always tired.” Yoona advised the young man noticing that he lost weight from being busy.


She opened her eyes as she feels water droplets running down from her forehead. The ice pack that was on her forehead has just cooled down. She then beamed to the wall-clock of the bedroom; it was already pass 9am.

“Gosh I’m really late!” she quickly sat down in bed but as she attempts to stand, the door of the bedroom opened.

“Your husband reminded the whole household not to let you go out. Kindly rest right here milady.” The tall gentleman informed her.

“Mr. Wu.” She was bowled over with the sudden appearance of her ethics instructor.

“Yes milady.” The tall gentleman responded lacking facial expression.

“Are we going to start the ethics class today?” she wondered for his presence.

“Unfortunately, we cannot start it today since you need to take a rest for today.”

“But – “she tried to ask another question but was cut as he perceives what her next question would be.

“Aside from being an ethics instructor, I’m also responsible to help you in some of your personal matters, Milady.”

“So you’re like Butler Kang?”

“Some of our tasks are similar, but I’m less than him. To tell you the truth, I just wanted to know my student so I’ll know the right approach once we begin.” He answered straightforwardly.”

Because of his expressionless striking face, she could not comprehend what he was thinking exactly and what was the gentleman was about to do next. Surprisingly, the tall-mysterious gentleman went near her and made her lay down in bed once again as he put new icepack on her forehead. The sudden act has taken her aback.

“There, please rest for now, I’m going to tell the household chef to cook your brunch.”

“T-thanks.” His manner really complements his good-looks – commendable, that she got tongue tied with the small act of gentleness he just did as her nose started to feel ticklish and let out a sneeze, “Achoo!”

“Please rest some more.” He repeated. And the gentleman left the room.


He was looking on his phone from time-to-time checking for the time. It was only pass 1pm and he still has three long hours to waste before he can go home. ‘How is she feeling right now?’ he thought, while pretending to listen to their dull Hematology professor who was discussing about Homeostasis for the nth time.

Sooyoung wrote in a sticky-note, crumpled and threw it to him.

He was surprised with the small paper that hit his face.

“Open it.” The shikshin whispered and so he did.

‘You’re missing your wifey already? You’ve been looking on your phone so much, just message her, okay?’he read the note.

 

He then took a glance on their professor before messaging his wife.

‘How are you feeling now?’he sneakily typed on the message still pretending to listen to the lesson.

As soon as the young lady receives his message the young lady replies, ‘My fever has gone down now, but my nose is still not good.’

‘Did the doctor go up there already?’he asked if the household physician have gone up to her who was just in the household clinic.

‘He have gone in here this morning, he said I should take a rest until tomorrow.’She told him what the doctor had advised her.

‘Then you will be resting until tomorrow.’He affirmed what she has to do to fully recover.

‘I can’t I’m gonna miss class again!’her stubbornness shows even on her SMS as she protested.

‘No you won’t I’ll remind Butler Kang again.’He countered.


Hours flew and their class has finally come to an end. Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung were very excited to visit Seohyun in the mansion which would be the second time for them to go there after the wedding.

“Whoa! So this is how the mansion looks like in a normal basis.” The doe-eyed girl expressed her amazement towards the grandiose structure o the mansion.

“Is it true that you and Hyun are the only people living in here?” Yuri asked.

“Of course there are also household workers in here. Yes Yuri-noona you can put it like that, but sometimes grandfather stays here whenever he takes a break from working overseas.”

“How big exactly is this mansion?” Sooyoung asked like a broker.

“Twenty-five hectares, Sooyoung-noona.”

“Bwo? The shikshin’s mouth dropped in awe, “So the news isn’t exaggerating.”

“I wonder how Seohyun lives in here.” The tanned girl wondered around as she looks to some abstract paintings that dangled in one of the walls of the mansion.

He thought of one of Seohyun’s first days in the mansion when she got lost looking for the wash room. She was almost wondering for an hour as her stomach grumbles for not being in a good mood. He then chuckled for imagining the scene.

“Nothing, Sooyung-noona. I just remembered Joo Hyun-noona got lost upon looking for the wash room during her first days here.”

“You’re calling her noona?” the shikshin crossed her arms in front of her chest as she asked the gentleman in an obvious disappointed tone.

“W-well yes, there are times that I call her that. Is there anything wrong about it?” he answered observing the reaction of the latter.

“That’s not good you should not call her noona like us.” She let out her opposition frankly.

“Then what should I call her then?”

“You should call her Honey, Darling, Sweetheart, or Baby.” Yuri suggested joining their conversation.

“Yul, there you go again with your cheesiness!” the doe-eyed girl protested hearing their conversation. She finds Yuri’s fondness of couple’s pet-names really gross. “Let them be.”

“Well, it’s not important to call each other with such if you’re not comfortable about it.” But at least try not to call her Noona. Seohyun is not just an older sister, she’s your wife. Remember that.”

Understanding completely what the older girl meant, he nodded.

“Young master, Ms. Im, Ms. Kwon, Ms. Choi Milady is already in the receiving area. You can go now.” the old butler informed, from appearing from nowhere. .

“What? You let her get off from bed? Is she okay now?” he shot back a question in a low but obviously sharp tone.

“W-well, milady is really persistent young master.” The old butler cringed in his position.

 

Seohyun was having a conversation with her ethics instructor while waiting for Jong-In and unnies.

“Why should I wait here if I can welcome them at the entrance path Mr. Wu?” she wondered about the reason why the instructor restraint her from welcoming her visitors as her hypes raises up for her dear friend’s arrival.

“It’s because you’re the milady of this household. And it’s a practice for a milady to be reserved in any kind of situation.” Mr. Wu explained to his student the reason why he did instruct her for welcoming them in that room. He was implementing his lessons to his student gradually.

“Does it really have to be like this?” she asked again, and her instructor nodded.

She let out a sigh; it never crossed her mind that a Milady should be extremely reserved like that, to think that people find her as a reserved person already.

 

“Is there any problem about it, Milady?” he noticed her saddened expression.

“Nothing much Mr. Wu, but I feel quiet stiffened.” She honestly admitted her thought about the matter.

“Everyone starts like that. You need not to worry, you’ll get used to it too, just try your best to learn the things I’m going to teach you each day, and you can get by to that. The best thing to aim here is learn the grace of a real milady and portray it in front of the old people in this mansion.” Then he went closer and whispered to her ear, “You can talk to me casually if the elders are not around. Consider me as a new acquaintance Joo Hyun.”

It really never crossed her mind that the very formal mysterious gentleman would tell her such. She was preparing herself for an extra strict ethical training. “Really” her lips formed a small crescent, she sighed in relief.

 

”Joo Hyun-ah.” A familiar low voice called her name from a short distance. It was her husband.

“Jong-In.” she stood up from her seat. Then she saw her unnies together with him. “Unnies!” She ran to them and hugged them.

“I thought that this maknae is sick Jong-In?” Yoona asked the heir in surprise who was standing close to them.

“Good thing she’s okay now.” he responded to the doe-eyed girl without averting his gaze from the ethics instructor. He then creased his eyebrows.

“Good afternoon, young master.” The instructor formally greeted him with his low and cold voice.

“What’s so good in the afternoon no that you’re around Kris-hyung?’he bashfully thought as he remained still from his position.

Eventually, the four young ladies noticed the staring competition between the gentlemen.

“Jong-In-ah, mianhe I was not able to welcome you at the entrance path. Are you okay?” the milady asked, wondering why her husband got frozen in his position while tracing where his gaze was directed. “Oh, Mr. Wu already taught me my first ethics lesson.”

His wife was quite telling him story already that he needs to avert his attention, “Really?”

“Seems that Jong-In’s not in a good relationship with Joo Hyun’s instructor.” Yuri whispered to the two as she keenly observes the gentlemen’s behavior.