Beginning

The Heir's Love Story

“They are in the same year, in the same course, but currently enrolled at different sections Grand Master Kim.” A low voice spoke over the phone.

“Do something about it, Prof. Park Jung Soo.” The old master firmly commanded the professor.

“Ms. Seo Joo Hyun is in my advisory class, would you like me to transfer her to Jong-In’s class?” the professor suggestively asked.

“That’s a clever idea Jung Soo, but let us do it the other way around.”

“B-but Jong-In belongs in the top class Grand Master, isn’t that a bit humiliating in Jong-In’s part?” he hesitantly questioned.

“Let me deal with my own grandson.” The old master affirmed the professor that he knew what he was doing.

“As you wish, grand Master.” The professor abided.

“Thank you so much for granting this old man’s request, Jung Soo.”

----------

Kim International Company is Asia’s most influential sole company existing run by the Kims. It has been run by the sole heirs of the said family for five long generations. Grand Master Kim – the third generation sole heir, took care and raised his grandson Jong-In after losing his son and daughter-in-law on a plane crash from London 15 years ago.

 

Now, it is already 2012 and the old master of the most prominent household in Asia declared to pass on all the wealth of the family to his grandson sooner as the young gentleman graduates from his tertiary studies at Dongguk University as a Medical Technology Scientist and marry the granddaughter of his most trusted butler, and best companion, Butler Seo.

 

Jong-In is now eighteen years old, the second youngest senior at Dongguk University, and is one of the A list students. Everyone looks up to him since he is the most all-around A List student who excels in both academics and extra-curricular activities in the university, and of course because of the fact that he is the youngest heir in Asia. Not to mention that he also models for their household’s company due to his superior genes.

 

The heir was raised very well. He grew up with full of love from his grandfather, but the Grand Master honed him with high standards that he lived his life always aiming for the best to become the jack-of-all-trades, those aspirations that his grandfather came into a reality, he became the best and a lot of people both young and old admire him and envy him at the same time. The thing is, he developed disinterest with heart matters which hindered the Grand Master’s plan of letting him know his future wife while studying in the university.

 

----------

“7:38 am.” Seohyun looked at her wrist watch and dashed inside the classroom. “Thank goodness Mr. Park is late.” She let out a deep sigh.

“Joo Hyun-ah!” a doe-eyed girl shouted her name while waving a hand to her. She went to the doe-eyed girl’s direction as another two figures followed her.

“Seohyunnie, so even an ever punctual student like you can be late at times.” A tanned girl remarked.

“Yes, Yuri-unnie, the restaurant was full this early morning so I helped serving the customers before going here.”  The innocent maknae explained.

“We understand that Hyunnie, it’s just that it is very new to us that we were the ones waiting for you this morning.” Yuri patted the head of their maknae.

“But it’s more surprising that you’re on time today Yul!” said the taller girl beside the tanned girl, who was munching a whole pack of Oreo cookies alone budged into their conversation.

“Sooyoung-ah!”

“Oh, you’re there.” Sooyoung pretended just to see Yuri at that very moment with an epic shocked expression. “I’m just being honest, Yul. Because yesterday you were late, and the other day you told us that it was traffic in the subway. And do you think we’re going to buy that? I wonder what you ate this morning you arrived early. “

“Whatever Soo!” the tanned girl rolled her eyes.

And so, the maknae and the doe-eyed girl laughed the latter two’s antics.

 

Few minutes later, while the clique was still in the middle of I funny discussion, Mr. Park finally arrived.

“Quick, Mr. Park’s here!” Sooyoung warned as the four of them rushed on their respective seats.

“Good morning class. I apologize for being quite late. Today, I am going to postpone the laboratory quiz for your new classmate.”

The whole class sighed in relief, and thought that the new comer was really a savior at that moment as Mr. Park tuned to the door’s direction where Jong-In was standing.

“From today onwards, Kim Jong-In will be attending this class. I believe that Mr. Kim isn’t very new to you all, so please treat him well so he can adjust easily. Please come in.” and the young gentleman came in.

“Annyeong hasaeyo, Kim-Jong-In imnida. I’m looking forward to get along well with you all, have a great day ahead.” He greeted the whole class in a very formal manner.

Mr. Park eyed the empty seat beside Seohyun, and instructed the young man, “You may take that empty seat beside Ms. Seo.”

After a few moments, the professor started the class.

In the middle of their professor’s discussion the three girls forcefully persuaded the youngest to approach her new seatmate.

“A-anyeong hasaeyo Kim Jong-In-ssi.” Seohyun gathered all her confidence to utter such shaky formal greeting.

His focus was fully indulged in the professor’s discussion that he just bowed to her and immediately got back to listening.

As a result, the other three girls froze and almost hid their heads due to the awkward respond that their youngest got from the young gentleman. And the poor maknae felt awkward and embarrassed for the whole period.

----------

Another day has passed by and everyone was ready to go home.

The innocent maknae wanted to give back the quiz paper to the young gentleman but was hesitant because of thinking that he might get angry with her for getting his quiz paper without a word. But her unnies were too persistent that they want her to give it back to him. So when Jong-In was about to leave the room, she ran to and handed him the quiz paper.

“You shouldn’t have bothered about it.” He said in a low tone.

“Uh, Jong-In-ssi.” She randomly uttered his name as she feels her awkwardness doubles.

“What is it?”

She can’t think of anything to say and randomly asked again, “The quizzes, how do you study them?”

‘Joo Hyun-ah, you’re dead.’ She mentally slapped herself.

“Just remember the things he said twice.”  He replied, and eventually walked out in the room.

She was frozen in her position

“What did he say to you?” Sooyoung started interrogating as the three of them approached the maknae.

“Told you Hyun, you can do it.” Yoona praised their youngest as she hugged her from behind.

“He told me to remember the things Mr. Park usually repeats twice in every discussion.” She told the other girls as she turns red.

“But why are you blushing like tomato Seohyunnie?” the tanned girls asked as she noticed her flustered.

“A-aniyo, Yuri-unnie.” She denied, as she felt her own face became hot.

“You are Hyun!” the shikshin supported the tanned girl.

“My Hyunnie, it seems that you are starting to have some interest on boys already.” The doe-eyed girl added the tease.

“Yoongie!” the maknae whined as she playfully slapped the doe-eyed-girl’s arm.

----------

While studying at home, she tried to apply what the young man just told her.

‘Just remember the things he said twice.’ She keenly remembered his exact words.

The next day, they had another quiz on Mr. Park’s Histopathology subject and she got 18/20.

She tried to approach the serious gentleman once again. “Jong In-ssi. Kamsahamnida.”

While studying at home, she tried to apply what the young man just told her.

‘Just remember the things he said twice.’ She keenly remembered his exact words.

The next day, they had another quiz on Mr. Park’s Histopathology subject and she got 18/20.

She tried to approach the serious gentleman once again. “Jong In-ssi. Kamsahamnida.”

But as expected, Jong-In just portrayed his serious face to the latter, and nodded, then walked outside the room.

‘Jong-In-ssi, I am really thankful to you. You saved me. I mean my grade. You don’t have any idea how your advice saved me.’ She thought as she looked at him walking out of the classroom.