Engagement Party?!

Living with the Royalties

Kim Nana's POV

 

"Welcome!" the King's voice resonated the ballroom like a crack of thunder. I flinched from his sudden voice and pulled away from Baekhyun. A deep blush formed on my cheeks. *Was I about to kiss him? Oh! how embarrassing!*

The guests attention diverted to the King as he rose up from his throne. Signalling us to be seated in our tables, I gave a thankful smile to Baekhyun before returning to my place.

"That was really good, Nana." omma praised me as I settled down in my seat. 

"Geez, thanks mom"

"Welcome!" the King proclaimed again, inclining his head towards the crowd. "This is not just the typical Royal Ball that you have attended. This is also the Crown Prince's engagement party." 

*Wh-what?! Engagement party? Wow, there's still such thing?!* 

Murmmurings filled the place. I turned my head towards Baekhyun and realised he, too, was astonished as I am. Oh well, it wasn't me that's getting married. I took the glass of water and started drinking while the King continued his speech. 

"I would like you all to meet the future Crown Princess, Kim Nana-ssi!" the spotlight was on me again. And this time I gagged on the water. Did I hear correctly? Me? I looked at my mom for help but she just smiled and said "surprise!" 

No mom, I'm not surprised. I wanted to bombard my mom with questions but she shooed me away. The king motioned to me with his hand, beaming broadly.The whole hall erupted with applause as I wobbled up on stage. My heart palpilating non-stop. *getting married now? Nooo!*

I stood behind the King and caught Baekhyun's gaze when he's coming up the steps. "What is this?!" I mouthed to him. His expression clearly stated that he didn't know a single thing about this but I asked him just to make him feel irritated and annoyed like what am I feeling now. I shot accusation looks at my parents. However they just laughed it off. 

"Did you bribe my family? Why am I marrying you?!" I whispered harshly to Baekhyun who stood beside me now. 

"Trust me, I have no idea this had happened. I will confirm with my Father after this is done." he exhaled. "Don't worry, I don't really want to marry you either."

'Wow, so you think I want to marry you? Fat hope. I'd rather marry a fish than a jerk like you." I muttered under my breath. 

"You are really very scary sometimes." Baekhyun clicked his tongue. "Woman." 

"Whatever." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hours of people congratulating my parents and me, I finally get to take a nice rest in the Palace's meeting room. The King's secretary told me and my parents to stay behind for a meeting. Probably discussing when the wedding will be held and yada-yada-yada. 

Still deep in thoughts, the double doors of the meeting room opened and the King and Queen entered. Followed my Baekhyun then my parents. I rose and bowed. 

"Please rise. Come, take a seat." he motioned towards the chairs that surrounded the big and long table. I sat beside my parents, directly opposite Baekhyun.

"I know it is a little unexpected for you two," the King pointed towards me and Baekhyun. "But we hope you would understand. It is for your own good." 

"Why, dad? Why must it be her? Why can't it be other girls?" Baekhyun said.

Shoot, that hurts. I blinked away my pain and shot dagger eyes at Baekhyun. Once a jerk, forever is a jerk.

"It was a decision made by the previous King, which is your grandfather, because the Kim's grandfather saved your grandfather's life." I stared at him. Digesting what the King just said. "So the King made this decision to marry off the next Crown Prince to the girl in the Kim's family." 

The room grew silent as Baekhyun buried his  head in his hands. "Do I have a choice?" his voice murmured by his hands. 

"No, you don't." his father said. "But its a good thing isn't it. Nana is a nice girl. And the adults agreed to it, right Mr Kim?" 

"Absolutely, your Majesty." my dad replied. 

"Your wedding will be held after you finished your sophomore year when you turned 18- which is 5 months later. You'll have to live with Kim Nana and your brothers. In case, your hormones starts to rage." The King winked at me. I blushed. If he means Baekhyun's brothers it would be those guys I saw in school then. The curly hair guy, and the really sharp nose one. Oh and the one with the nicest smile. 

"Of course, you'll sleep in separate rooms as well." he leaned back onto his chair. "Any problems?"

Baekhyun looked up. "Nope." 

Good, you may start living together starting from tomorrow." the King stood up. "Have fun kids." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short update.. Will update later if I've got the time. 

Thank you for the comments and subscribers! 

I appreciate it a lot! <3