Injured

Living with the Royalties

 

 

The next day-

 

Nana's POV

 

“Hey, wake up, it’s time for us to assemble.” I felt somebody slapping my cheeks. I groaned in frustration as I stretched myself awake.

“Ouch, watch where you are stretching, pig,” said Baekhyun. Oopsie. I accidentally smacked his face when I was stretching.

And he was definitely too close to me.

I lay on top of him while his other hand encircled my waist. His chest was pressed against my back and I felt his head tickling the nape of my shoulders.

So I was sleeping on him the whole time? Oh god…

I quickly went out of the bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. After I’m done, I sat on the sofa and looked for Luhan.

“Luhan?” I called out while I searching around the room. He wasn’t here…

Hmm, maybe he’d go down for breakfast.

“Yah, stupid bacon, hurry up or we’ll miss breakfast. I’m famished.” My stomach growled ravenously. I missed last night’s dinner and I’m already dying.

Once Baekhyun was out from the bathroom, I grabbed my wallet and hotel card and dragged him out of the room, despite his protests.

The guards outside bowed to us briefly when we went out of our room.

“Oh for goodness sake, can you please hurry the up?” I nagged as Baekhyun took his own sweet time tying his shoelace.

“I like to take things slow, y’know,” said Baekhyun, he glanced up and gave me a retarded smile.

“I don’t really care,” I pulled his hand up as we head to the elevator. The guards trailed behind us.

Once we’re down at the restaurant, Sehun and his gang came and greeted us cheerfully.

“Noona! Good morning!” said Sehun.

“Morning! Oh look, food! Be right back,” I dashed to the breakfast buffet and took a plate. Stuffing my plate full of food, I went back to find the Royalties.

“Woah, are you going to eat all of that?” they all cried out when I put my plate full of food on the table and started stuffing those delicious things in my mouth.

“Yeah,” I said with my mouth full. “You can have some,” I gave a tiny piece of portion to Sehun and ate the rest.

They started chatting, as usual while I ate a piece of cheeseball.

“Hyung, did you both slept together last night?” Chanyeol questioned. A sly look flickered across his face. That does it, I choked onto the cheese ball as it stuck between my throat.

Holy .

I can’t breathe. I started flinging my arms like a crazy seal while I tried to focus on swallowing the damn cheese ball.

The rest of the guys are still talking, like they couldn’t see a crazy woman swinging her arms wildly.

“Of course we did…” said Baekhyun.

Hello? I’m choking to death here.

“H..elp!” I managed to sound out.

“Oh my god, noona!” Sehun finally saw that I was half dying and quickly went towards me and patted my back. Hard.

The cheeseball came out my throat and a few drops of my saliva splattered onto Baekhyun’s face when his head came close to me.

I took a glass of warm water and gulped it down while I regain my breaths.

“Dudes, I nearly died here and you guys are just talking. Thank you very much, Princes.” I said and took a napkin to wipe off the liquid on my mouths.

“Maybe ‘cause the cheese ball hates you like I do and will you please clean my face. I do not want to dirty my hands with your disgusting saliva.” Baekhyun ordered while pointing to his face infested with my saliva.

“Aww, that’s so sad. Can I ask you something first?”

“What,”

“Do you have hands?”

“Duh,”

“Can it move?”

“You can’t see it with your own eyes?”

“Then, well done, here’s the napkin and you can clean your own face by yourself.” I gave him a sarcastic smile while the other guys cheered for me.

Baekhyun’s mouth hanged open like he was about to say something but I already walked away and took more food. There’s no time to argue with a jerk like him.

~

In the field-

 

“Are you ready for the match?” Baekhyun asked. “You better aim properly, and shoot. Anyway even if you don’t hit all the targets, I will help cover you and we can also go in to the next round.” He passed me a bow while I inspected it.

“Yeah, why don’t you put more pressure on yourself. All three hits must hit the bulls eye.” I checked my bow once more and it was safe. I put the bow back to the original position and we went back to the grand stand where the Principal will start the games.

“Nana-ah!” Jieun came running to me. “Good luck!” She took my hands and began shaking it.

“Relax, are you so excited about this? Where’s Luhan?”

“I don’t know… I haven’t seen him since this morning.”

“Then you better call him, the games is starting soon.” I took out my phone and gave it to Jieun as she started dialing him.

“He didn’t pick up his phone.” Jieun grew worried when the Principal asked for the participants to assemble to the field.

“Don’t worry, he’ll come.” I reassured her and true enough, Luhan appeared beside Jieun.

I heard him muttered his apologies for being late to Jieun but after that, their conversation were muffled because of the screams made by the audience.

I held Baekhyun’s hands for support as my heart started racing. Having to compete a sport I barely knew was so scary…

“It’s okay, just take this as a practice. Just three shots and you’re done,” Baekhyun whispered into my ear. He squeezed my hands, and I squeezed back, to prove that I was alright.

“Look at how sweet you two are…” that crazy came back. Miyoung approached us wearing her own track suit and her partner beside her.

“Baekhyun-ah, can you hear a fly talking? Totally distracting us.”

“Ignore her, let’s go,” he pulled me away from them.

“Hold up,” Miyoung said while raising a hand to stop us at bay. She circled around us and clicked her tongue. “Just an advice for you, Kim Nana. You’ll have to think twice if you wanna participate in this match.” She then took my other free hand her touch icy cold unlike Baekhyun’s.

“Unless you want your beautiful fingers to look disgusting,” she caressed my hand and then let my hand dropped. “Until then,”

~

Author’s POV

 

Two figures appeared after Baekhyun and Nana inspected their own bows. They crept stealthily towards the respective bows.

“Are you certain this is Nana’s bow?”

“Yeah, she inspected this just now, I saw it.” One of the guy replied. He took the bow from his partner and they proceeded to a quiet corner where nobody could see them.

“Yah, faster loosen the string, and put it back.”

The guy holding the bow quickly use his scissors and scraped the string. Once he was sure the string was almost breaking, he signaled to his other partner and they quickly put the bow back where it belonged.

“Now let’s report back to Miyoung,”

~

Nana’s POV

 

“Next up we have Baekhyun and Nana pair! Please get into your position!” Principal called our names and we took our bows and stood at the shooting area.

“Good luck,” I whispered to Baekhyun.

“You too,”

I stood in position and searched for my pocket for my finger tab. I searched all my pockets but I couldn’t find it. I started panicking.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun questioned as he came to me.

“My finger tab- I can’t find it.”

“It’s okay, you can use mine.” He took out his own finger tab and held out to me.

“No, I’ll just shoot without the finger tab then.” I pushed his offer back.

“But what if you hurt your fingers?” he insisted.

“I won’t.” I gave him a smile as the referee commanded us to stand back in our position.

Now my confidence level went down to only 50%. Without the finger tab I doubt I could hit a bulls eye.

A few moments later, the referee blew the whistle and Baekhyun shot the target first.

Bulls eye.

The crowd cheered while I grinned and gave a thumbs up. But he looked more worried than happy. It was my turn. I took a deep breath and held the bow.

I drew the string and aimed.

There just the yellow circle in the middle.

I was about to release it but I felt something was wrong with the bow. Thinking that it was just a figment of my imagination, I shrugged it off and released the arrow.

Snap.

 

The string broke and it pierced my hand. I dropped the bow in shock and the pain only came a split second later. I doubled over and blood began dripping on the ground. It wasn’t an ordinary paper cut. It’s more like a deep gash formed on my fingers and palm.

“Nana!” Baekhyun yelled my name and darted to me. He took my hand in his and checked it out.

It hurts so much that I my vision started blurring and the world spun around me. I could see Baekhyun’s anxious face over mine and hear his muffled voice.

“Nana! Nana! Somebody, call the ambulance!”

“No, don’t its just a minor cut, a bandage will do.” I managed to speak despite the burning pain.

“Can you stand up?” he took my hand and slung it over his shoulders while he lifted me up. We walked to the nearest shelter and the first aiders tended to my wound.

“Go back to the match and hit two more bulls eyes. I want to defeat that after my hand is bandaged properly.” I spat.

“I will gladly assist you in that.” Said Baekhyun. He ordered a couple of body guards to guard me before making his way back to the field.

“You’re lucky, miss. If you draw the stings any harder, the string that cut your hand wouldn’t be just a cut, it’ll break your fingers off.” The first aider said as he cleaned my wound. “It’ll heal fast. Don’t worry too much.”

“I won’t.”

Now I just have to pray that Baekhyun and I proceed to the final showdown.

~

 

That crazy woman really injured Nana!
Revenge, revenge, revenge!!!!!

>:

Anyway enjoy!! 
Comment and subscribe!
Love y'all.