A little token of gratitude~

Living with the Royalties

 

Author's POV
 
 
"No! You promised to be my personal maid for today! Either today or extend for 3 more days. Your choice." Nana chipped. Baekhyun just received an order from King; he need to be back to the Palace. 
 
Baekhyun exhaled. His eyes showed a tinge of confusion. 
 
"I can escape from my father but only if you'll help me." his tone was serious. 
 
"Tell me," Nana challenged.
 
Baekhyun went closer to her and whispered into her ear. "I want you to get us some ordinary looking clothes and sneak out of our home, without any of the guards looking. Deal?"
 
Nana's eyes widened. 
 
"This is so exciting! Of course I'll help." 
 
Baekhyun grinned. "I'll ask Chanyeol to help us out, so don't worry too much."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In Chanyeol's room-
 
"Yah, do me a favour," Baekhyun said.
 
"What, I'm busy you know," Chanyeol said as he flipped through his magazine.
 
"Busy with what? I don't see you doing homework or anything," 
 
"Well, just this and that. What do you want?" 
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Help me go into my room, lie on my bed and pretend to be me, ok?" 
 
"You kidding? Listen to my voice, so deep and manly. Unlike yours!"
 
"Just do what I say, alright! Help me once and I'll help you out too...when you need it of course."
 
Chanyeol put his magazine down and stare at Baekhyun. "You serious? What are you planning, huh?"
 
"I'm just going out. Just help me do this and I'll reward you. If not I'll ask Sehun then."
 
*Rewards huh...* Chanyeol thought.
 
"Fine, now go for your date. Don't think I don't know what you're trying to do,"
 
"Thanks!" Baekhyun muttered before going out of his room.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"Okay, we've got no time to lose. Now it's the guards shift change time. Its always messy during this timing so we'll take this opportunity to sneak out." Baekhyun explained while Nana listened in rapt attention.
 
"Okay. So let's go?"
 
"Yeah, come," Baekhyun took Nana's hand and went down to the first floor. Luckily for them, it was empty.
 
"Sehun should be here any moment now.." 
 
5 seconds later-
 
"Hyung, noona! Your car is outside, hurry, go!" Sehun yelled while running towards us.
 
Baekhyun patted his shoulder, "Thanks."
 
They opened the large double doors and slip into Baekhyun's convertible. 
 
"Don't you think think will even gain more attention from the guards?" Nana claimed.
 
"Hmm, well, I am not so dumb like you," Baekhyun started the engine and accelerated towards the other side of the front gate.
 
"Ohh..the back gate. You're smart."
 
"Of course,"
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
At the mall-
 
"Yah, I'm here with the Crown Prince, don't you think we need some disguises? And what the hell, you're wearing a suit!" Nana said. She glanced around the mall and spotted a clothes shop.
 
"Come, quick! Let's go shopping~~~" Nana pulled Baekhyun's arm and went into the shop. 
 
The moment they stepped in, they attracted the most attention. People were like "Omo, is he the crown prince?" or "Look at these two couple, so sweet." 
 
Nana covered her face with her other free hand as she grab a simple looking polo tee for Baekhyun and a jean.
 
"Here," she pushed the clothes to his chest. "Wear this. I'll pay."
 
Obediently, he went into the dressing room and changed while Nana paid for his clothes. She also spotted 1 pair of sunglasses and purchased it. 
 
"I look so stupid wearing this." Baekhyun complained after coming out of the dressing room.
 
"Well, you've got no choice. If the King knows you're gone, it's even worse, right?" Nana tore of the price tag of the sunglasses and put it over her eyes.
 
"Come, I'll help you with this." Nana said as she ripped the other one and placed it over Baekhyun's eyes.
 
"Woah, now you look like a normal high school punk," she clapped her hands, obviously satisfied with her work.
 
People no longer stood and stare at them as they walked out of the mall.
 
"Nowwwww, it's maid time!"
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Baekhyun's POV
 
"Take this too! And this!" that crazy literally threw bags and bags of clothes to me while I stood beside her...like a maid...
 
Why the heck did I bite her finger. I think I must be mad. But her finger look so delicious..like chicken...
 
"Yah! Stop daydreaming, maid!" 
 
Omg, I would very much like to punch her face at this moment. 
 
As the Crown Prince, I am here wearing this piece of polo tee and jeans. Wow. I might as well go to the army and serve the country instead of leading it!
 
"Baconnnn~" she tugged the sleeve of my shirt and pulled me into a food shop. OHH FINALLY.
 
I 'accidentaly' let go all of her stuff and made a horrible loud sound in the restaurant. 
 
"Ehehe.." I could feel the heat climbing up my cheeks. 
 
"Pabo! Pick it up! They are all very expensive clothings!" she instructed me.
 
"Yes, ma'am. Whatever you say." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Back in the house-
 
"Your highness! The King wants to meet you." Secretary Kim knocked on Baekhyun's door. He's been on it for 5 minutes and Baekhyun still did not come out. Secretary Kim went into his room.
 
"Pardon me for my rude intrusion, but it is my responsibility to bring you back to the Palace," Secretary Kim bowed low, afraid that Baekhyun would scold him. 
 
Instead a hoarse voice replied, "N-no, it's ok. I'm not feeling well," 
 
Secretary Kim looked up and found 'Baekhyun' covered in his comfortor, he approached Baekhyun. "Your Highness, are you feeling alright? Do you need the doctor?" 
 
"No!" 'Baekhyun' kicked the blanket trying to shoo the secretary away. "Just go, I just need a day off."
 
"Alright then, I'll just tell your father that you're not well today. Rest well, your highness." he bowed and left the room quietly.
 
Baekhyun... or maybe Chanyeol then threw the blanket away after the secretary stepped out. 
 
"Stupid hyung. You will pay for this!!" 
 
~~~~~~
 
Nana's POV
 
 
This is going to be the best day ever, ever since I am engaged to this jerk. Seeing him feel so annoyed and wanted revenge but can't is the best feeling I've ever experienced. Muahahha, he deserved this.
 
The autumn wind carressed my face as I lay on the sand. Besides shopping, the beach is the second best place that I love to go. Baekhyun stood awkwardly beside me. 
 
"Yah, what are you doing, lie down." I tapped on the empty place beside me. 
 
"It's dirty. I'm afraid my royal body can't take this dirt."
 
"Dude, are you a clean freak or what? Just lie down you jerk," I pulled him down and he sat. "Lie."
 
He listened to me and lay on the sand, ocassionally grimacing.
 
"See, it's not really dirty." 
 
We both lay there in silence, as we watch the sun setting slowly but gradually. It's really weird. I've never been so calm around guys before. It's a nice feeling. 
 
"Hey, I heard from Chanyeol that you can sing." I broke the silence.
 
"He's lying, I can't."
 
"Stop bluffing." My head turned to face him. Our shoulders touching. "Sing a song for me. My last request before this maid day expires."
 
He sighed. A few moments later he started singing. 
 
Was it me but he's voice is really nice. His smooth and melodic voice flowed into my ears. 
 
This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing
I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream
You were standing in fron of my desperate self and praying
Just once, I want to walk side by side with you~~~
 
 
Taken by the soft wind to your world
You asked me brightly where I came from to your side
And I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise~
 
You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael
Who would remember you, I will not forgive it
Like the beginning when stepping into Eden
Believing you every day from the bottom of my heart
 
I alway want to protect you
So that even the small things won’t tire you out, I’m eternally in love~
 
I closed my eyes, enjoying the music, the peace. When he finally stopped singing, I couldn't help but to smile. 
 
"How was it?" he said.
 
"Amazing." I replied. The sun finally set as the world around us became darker. "Thanks for singing. It was really nice." 
 
"No problem. So I'm off duty already?" 
 
"Yep." I sat up and he followed suit. I looked at him. His dark eyes sparkled under the light. 
 
"What, am I too handsome for you?" 
 
"Geez, I just praised you and you're all back to your arrogant self."
 
"Can't help it. It's my personality."
 
"Hey, come closer." I said. 
 
"What are you trying to-" 
 
I leaned towards him and gave him a gentle peck on his cheek. 
 
"There, my gratitude for you!"
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~