Running Away

Come Back To Me

Donghae's eyes fluttered open. The sound of alarm clock on the table next to his bed was so annoying. He moved his hand to reach it. But he felt an arm holding his body. So he stopped. He turned his head to see whose arm was that. It was Hyukjae's. He smiled. So hyukjae's was sleeping beside him last night. Holding him. That was nice.

He shifted hyuk's arm a bit slowly so he could free his own arm and then turn off the alarm. He was suprised to see Sungmin hyung slept on the chair next to his bed. He looked so peaceful. He didn't even bother with the sound of glaring alarm. He must be really tired. Donghae was happy to know that Hyuk and sungmin hyung kept him company last night. He never like to be alone. He get lonely easily, no secret about that. 

Donghae moved his body slowly. He laid on his back and stared at the ceiling. He tried to remember what happened last night. The nightmare. He cringed as he remember. Suddenly he felt insecure again. His nightmare was so real. He could still remember every detail. Those questions, those eyes that looked at him hungrily searching for answers. He was all alone facing them. His heart just racing, slamming to his chest. He wanted to stop thinking about it. But he couldn't. Those questions haunted him.

What if everything they said was true? That he failed. What if he didn't have anything left to offer as an entertainer? What should he do? He turned to see hyukjae that was sleep soundly next to him. He wanted to tell him about the dream he had. He wanted him to comfort him. But seeing his tired face made him change his mind. So he just stared at his best friend deeply.

Suddenly he felt guilty. Hyukjae has done everything for him. Taking care of him. But he never even once to say that he was really greatful and thankful for everything that he had done for him. Donghae realized that he had become a burden to hyukjae. Burden for all those who loved him. In fact he let hyukjae feel guilty for what had happened. Every time hyukjae live with his guilt, while Donghae was only thinking about himself. Sure, Donghae often say that this was not his fault. But what had he done so hyukjae wouldn't feel like that? None. Selfishly Donghae just imposed his will, never listen to what hyukjae has said when all Hyukjae wanted was trying to protect him , care for him lovingly.

Donghae's tears rolled on his cheek when he remember how Hyukjae never left his side. Stayed with him as much as he could at the hospital. Bringing him home so he could take care of him with his own hand, best as he could. What happened back then was unexplainable. How he was connected to Hyukjae when he was in deep coma, what Hyukjae did to bring him back when he was losing hope and will to live. It almost cost him his own life. Donghae shivered as he remembered.

Donghae couldn't take it anymore. Suddenly he had the urge to just dissapeared. If he stayed, he would burden Hyukjae more. He didn't want that. Hyukjae was right. He always right. This was way to fast. But he didn't listen, in fact he accused hyukjae as the one who hold him back. Donghae felt so ashamed. Even if he could make it on the opening concert, what about the concert after that? and right after that? Those hectic schedules. Can he handle it? what if he got sick? or his legs worsen? All members, all those schedules would be effected. He just realized that he has added to the burden of the entire team by having him with this condition. He should've wait until everything's ok. But it was too late then. Was it? So he did what he thought was the right thing to do.... leave.

----------------

"Hyukjae! wake up!" Sungmin shook his body lightly. "Come on wake up!"

Hyukjae moved his body lazily. He tried to open his eyes but he was still very sleepy. He stayed all night to watched over Donghae. Now he couldn't even open up his eyes. But Sungmin keep calling out his name.

"Aaah Hyuk! Jinja! Donghae's gone!"

Hyukjae's eyes shut opened. What?

"He's gone! Hae's gone!"

"Hyung, What do you mean?" Hyukjae forced his body to wake up. "He probably in in the kitchen or at the pool."

"No, I look everywhere." Sungmin voice so certain. His eyes widen and he kept moving back and fort.

"Why are you freaking out?" Hyukjae stared at Sungmin. "Beside, where could he possibly go, hyung?"

Sungmin gave a piece of paper to Hyukjae.

"What the hell.." Hyukjae stod up instantly as he read. His eyes as big as sungmin's. He looked at sungmin, than back to the letter. Then he ran short distance to the closet. Opened it quickly and then frozed. The closet was half empty. Hae's suitcase was gone.

"What the hell is he doing?" Hyukjae almost cried. "Not again.."

"Maybe he went home." Sungmin said. "Maybe he went to Mokpo."

" I don't think so, Hyung. "Hyukjae stared at the letter again. "He said here tell my mom I'm sorry. So I don't think he wants his mom to know where he was going."

"Where is he going then? Oh man.. this is not ok! we don't need this problem right now... seriously!"

Hyukjae went outside and grab his mobile phone. He dialed hae's mobile number. But he was dissapointed when he heard that the phone was switched off.

"Damn it!" He muttered in frustration. He rubbed his temple, trying to think. Suddenly he remembered something. He took the phone on the table and redial the number. He was happy to hear that the last number that Hae dialed was belong to a taxi company. Hyukjae talked to the dispatcher while sungmin just stood there next to him, eagerly waiting for any information from hyukjae.

"Any luck?" asked sungmin once hyukjae put the phone down.

"Hyung, let's go to the airport!"

----------------------

Donghae sat in the waiting room. Plane ticket already in hand, but the flight schedule is 3 hours from now. He was lucky to get tickets. Donghae closed his eyes and tried to relax. Soon it will all end. This was the only way he could find, which will solve all problems. He really wanted to board that plane badly. He couldn't bear to stay, thinking that he would ruin everything.

"Going somewhere?"

Donghae jerked and almost jumped of the seat. He recognized the voice. He turned to his left and found Hyukjae sat next to him. He recognized him even he hide his face under that mask and cap.

"Ah.. Hyuk..? Hyukjae.. what.. what are you doing here?" Donghae tried to stay calm. But his voice betrayed him.

"To ask you a question."

Donghae stared at Hyukjae. He looked all lost. He was about to open his mouth to speak when suddenly a man came in and sat next to him on his right side.

"Could you please moved a bit? I tried to sit here."

"S.. Sungmin hyung? Wh.. what are you doing here?"

"To be honest? I'm here to drag you back to the house so I can beat you up. But I don;t think Hyukjae here would allow me." Sungmin said calmly. "So I'll just sit still so you can have this conversation with hyukjae. He's not going to hurt you like I'll do so I do hope you will listen to him."

Donghae lowered his eyes and nodded at Sungmin obidiently.

"So, mind telling me what's going on?" Hyukjae asked. "Why are you keep leaving me?"

"I'm not.."

"Are you? really? what is this then?" Hyukjae grabbed donghae's passport and airline tickets. He didn't fight it. "You're not here to sit around, aren't you?"

"Hyuk.. I.."

"You know Hae, I don't get you. I don't understand you." Hyukjae said as closely look at the airline ticket in his hand. "One minute you are so certain about something, and then next minute you're just backing out. What's going on, Hae? Why are you running away?"

" You don't understand..."

"Then make me understand. Talk to me." Hyukjae's voice started to risen."Help me to understand, cause I'm tired guessing. I'm tired to be wrong all the time. You kept messing with my head, messing with my heart. my feeling and I just couldn't take it anymore."

"No hyuk, you were right. You were always right." Donghae said with a low tone. "I don't want to be your burden anymore. I wasn't thinking right. I always said and do something without thinking and I realize now that I'm making a mistake with the comeback. I wasn't ready.."

"So you just ran away? without letting me know? without letting the rest of the members know?" Hyukjae frowned. "Will that solving the problem?"

Donghae nodded slowly.

"Are you kidding me? you asked us to give you a chance. You asked us to trust you, that you can do this. And now you just leave right after we believe in you? How can you change your mind so easily? How could you?" Hyukjae was really angry that he just rised his fist, but he stop on mid air. "Aiissh! jinja!! you really need to grow up, Hae!"

Donghae started to cry silently.

"Here your passport and your airline ticket!" Hyukjae trew them on the floor and landed near on hae's feet. "Just go if you think running away will solve whatever it is that bothering you. But I'm giving you a chance to talk to me. So I'm gonna go now, but I'll be waiting for you at the dance studio. If you love me, if you love us, you will come and start to straight things out. Don't be a coward and face it like a man! Araso??!! "

Hyukjae got up and turned to Sungmin. "Let's go, Hyung. We're late for practice."

Sungmin tapped Donghae's back and then started to followed Hyukjae. Both of them just kept on walking, leaving Donghae that was crying and sobbing.

"Hyuk, let's just go back and drag him. I don't think leaving him like that...."

"Hyung, let's just go."

"Do you think he'll come back?"

Hyukjae put on his glasses on to hide his tears. "To be honest, I don't know, Hyung. But I do want him to come back. I really do.."

-------------